Helpful ReplyOlympics

Author
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2722
  • Reward points: 0
2021/07/21 16:37:25 (permalink)

Olympics

Hope every participant who 'takes a knee' looses by a wide margin.

bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2172
Re: Olympics 2021/07/21 17:09:28 (permalink)
Used to enjoy watching several of the events but don’t think I’ll be tuning in this time. Tired of the protest and people disrespecting the flag and the anthem of the country they are there to represent. From what I have heard of the upcoming NFL season chances are I won’t be watching any of that as well!
post edited by bigfoot - 2021/07/25 17:11:11

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr. 
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Olympics 2021/07/25 14:23:43 (permalink)
Lowest viewership in over 33 years--no wonder who wants to watch another show where the participants are being' woke'.
Over 33 years ago the participants wrapped themselves in our flag-- no more.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/07/25 14:25:23
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8119
Re: Olympics 2021/07/26 08:03:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2021/07/26 12:23:14
A bait shop owner voted for Biden, I am never fishing again...
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1037
Re: Olympics 2021/07/26 14:38:54 (permalink)
Come on man NO bait shop owner is that dumb!!!!
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Olympics 2021/07/26 14:58:18 (permalink)
Opening ceremonies were down, the actual games are on the rise of total viewers (streaming).  Having in South America 5 years ago helped a lot, being more in line on the time zones.  I watched some of the opening ceremonies before work last Friday.  I wasn't about to tune into ceremonies that were on a 12 hour tape delay.  Hard enough to watch sports on that delay without hearing of a score, etc.

Once ever four years, you can watch non-stop the best athletes in their given sport.  I watched some table tennis today and some badminton.  Yesterday I watched some surfing, beach volley ball (women's of course), water polo, swimming, soccer (some was Olympics other was Gold Cup) and some gymnastics.  Not sure if any of them protested racial inequality or crimes against humanity.  My tightie whities are not so far up my crack to care that some are exercising their right to peacefully protest.  Maybe they should break into the Capitol waiving Confederate battle flags or Trump flags, since that is obviously just fine???  Your loss for not watching some of the best entertainment on Earth right now, to protest a few protesters...  I'm sure Tucker and crew will be laughing all of the way to the bank for convincing many to tune into them and their peaceful message of unity instead. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Olympics 2021/07/26 15:04:37 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Come on man NO bait shop owner is that dumb!!!!

I should have stated it, "voted against Trump".  I'm guessing that 95% of votes cast for Biden, were votes against Trump. 
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Olympics 2021/07/26 21:57:40 (permalink)
Fortunately not all are 'woke' and being political.
That GREAT young lady winning Skeet and being photographed wrapped in our flag is an Olympic standout- in the military too.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/07/27 06:55:15
JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 168
Re: Olympics 2021/07/27 00:05:24 (permalink)
Porktown

Once ever four years, you can watch non-stop the best athletes in their given sport.  I watched some table tennis today and some badminton.  Yesterday I watched some surfing, beach volley ball (women's of course), water polo, swimming, soccer (some was Olympics other was Gold Cup) and some gymnastics.  Not sure if any of them protested racial inequality or crimes against humanity.  My tightie whities are not so far up my crack to care that some are exercising their right to peacefully protest.  Maybe they should break into the Capitol waiving Confederate battle flags or Trump flags, since that is obviously just fine???  Your loss for not watching some of the best entertainment on Earth right now, to protest a few protesters...  I'm sure Tucker and crew will be laughing all of the way to the bank for convincing many to tune into them and their peaceful message of unity instead. 

Great post!  Last couple of days I've watched many amazing stories unfold at the Olympics, mostly involving teenage Olympians displaying maturity and sportsmanship beyond their years.  While on the other side of the world, a former president of the United States is encouraging Americans to boo the women's US Olympic soccer team.  What a pathetic little man.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Olympics 2021/07/27 08:24:19 (permalink)
I looked up what the ROC was about.  Basically a loophole in getting Russia into the Olympics after it was discovered they were running a state sponsored doping scheme.  Putin is such a good guy, just misunderstood...  That said, only those that were able to prove they had no connection to the scheme were allowed to participate.  At first, I thought, typical, let Russia get away with anything.  But then thought, if those athletes weren't doping, why should they be punished for their government's actions.

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 331
Re: Olympics 2021/07/27 12:31:05 (permalink)
r3g3
That GREAT young lady winning Skeet and being photographed wrapped in our flag is an Olympic standout- in the military too.

I'm glad you could find something you enjoy and just enjoy it. 

Sometimes, it's ok to just zone out, watch some obscure sport or activity and just take it in. 

The Olympics, while I disagree with them happening in the first place, have been a great distraction from the things that ail our country every day. 
I learned that badmitton is called BAD MIN TON all over the world except for the US apparently. 
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2944
Re: Olympics 2021/07/27 13:12:17 (permalink)
DeadGator401
r3g3

Sometimes, it's ok to just zone out, watch some obscure sport or activity and just take it in. 

The Olympics, while I disagree with them happening in the first place, have been a great distraction from the things that ail our country every day. 
I learned that badmitton is called BAD MIN TON all over the world except for the US apparently. 

Pretty sure no one asked for your approval. 
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Olympics 2021/07/27 13:25:50 (permalink)
psu_fish
DeadGator401
r3g3

I'm glad you felt the need to jump in an be a part of the discussion buddy, what has been your favorite part of the Olympics so far?
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2944
Re: Olympics 2021/07/27 13:28:20 (permalink)
DeadGator401
psu_fish
DeadGator401
r3g3

I'm glad you felt the need to jump in an be a part of the discussion buddy, what has been your favorite part of the Olympics so far?

Listening to you **** and moan from the basement about the games being contested. Are you afraid of a breakthrough of your vaccine? 
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Olympics 2021/07/27 14:09:58 (permalink)
psu_fish
DeadGator401
psu_fish
DeadGator401
r3g3

Listening to you **** and moan from the basement about the games being contested. Are you afraid of a breakthrough of your vaccine? 

Hey I'm glad I could provide some entertainment for you brother! I am not afraid of a "breakthrough of my vaccine". (Though, between us girls, I'm not really sure I understand what you mean.)

Do you have a Venmo or something? I feel like at this point, I should be paying you some rent for living in your head.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4709
Re: Olympics 2021/07/27 15:08:10 (permalink)

…what has been your favorite part of the Olympics so far?

Watching the Today show hosts have to choke on congratulating the skeet gold medal winners because they were regular family and military folks who just worked hard to achieve out of the spotlight and won in a sport involving guns.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Jump to: