Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes

Author
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3679
  • Reward points: 0
2021/04/20 13:46:53 (permalink)

Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics/brian-sicknick-death-us-capitol-riot/index.html

Apparently, some "Fake News" distributed early on regarding him being attacked by a fire extinguisher....of which many on here jumped all over.  No findings of ANY internal or external injuries by the medical examiner.  

He did die in the line of duty....R.I.P. but the murder investigation will likely be dropped.

17 Replies Related Threads

MyWar
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1174
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/20 16:02:56 (permalink)
    I’m not sure this is the exoneration you think it is.

It was reported that he was beaten to death because that’s what the capitol police told the press at that time. So why would the cops say that if it didn’t happen?

Did the cops lie? Or make a mistake? Does this mean that we can believe every single word the cops say because sometimes they say things that aren’t true?

This really undermines the cops’ credibility. At best it makes them look stupid, or at worst it makes them look like they deliberately fabricated the story. And it’s kind of ironic that this story broke on the day we might get a verdict in the chauvin trial.

Meanwhile there is still a mountain of video evidence that shows Capitol rioters assaulting other cops and destroying the place, not to mention the evidence from social media where some of these people were plotting to kill or kidnap members of congress. So these people still look terrible.
    Irisheyeball
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 347
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/20 20:32:15 (permalink)
    I don’t think the last chapter has been written on this. The medical examiner’s opinion does not take into consideration all of the circumstances, or evidence, surrounding officer Sicknick’s death. Stroke is what he saw as the immediate cause, and, while there’s no reason to question it, there will no doubt be more to the story.

Interestingly, there’s another tragic news story presently about a backcountry guide, Carl Mock, who apparently was killed by a grizzly bear near Yellowstone while fishing the Madison River. Every single news account describes his death as having been the result of a grizzly attack. However, Mr. Mock actually survived the attack, which happened last Thursday. After a long wait for help, he was driven 115 miles to an Idaho hospital, where he underwent surgery. After being placed in a medically induced coma, Mr Mock suffered a stroke on Saturday and passed away. So, what killed Mr. Mock? A grizzly bear or a stroke?
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1954
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/20 22:01:48 (permalink)
    Irisheyeball

Interestingly, there’s another tragic news story presently about a backcountry guide, Carl Mock, who apparently was killed by a grizzly bear near Yellowstone while fishing the Madison River. Every single news account describes his death as having been the result of a grizzly attack. However, Mr. Mock actually survived the attack, which happened last Thursday. After a long wait for help, he was driven 115 miles to an Idaho hospital, where he underwent surgery. After being placed in a medically induced coma, Mr Mock suffered a stroke on Saturday and passed away. So, what killed Mr. Mock? A grizzly bear or a stroke?

This story is real unfortunate. But, the story should have read something like this " A guide fishing the Madison River had to pull his legally owned 44 magnum and smoked an attacking grizzly bear "

BH

LDD
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2912
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 07:44:29 (permalink)
    BloodyHand
    Irisheyeball

This story is real unfortunate. But, the story should have read something like this " A guide fishing the Madison River had to pull his legally owned 44 magnum and smoked an attacking grizzly bear "

BH

Easier said than done, especially with that caliber.  Better shoot center mass multiple times.  That round would most likely glance off the skull or not penetrate it.  Tragedy for sure.  I would imagine he never even saw the bear until it was too late.  Apparently it was guarding a moose kill.  Probably in thick alders or willows down by the river.  Pretty rare encounter for that area.  
    graveydavey
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 08:41:58 (permalink)
    MyWar

It was reported that he was beaten to death because that’s what the capitol police told the press at that time. So why would the cops say that if it didn’t happen?

Did the cops lie? Or make a mistake? Does this mean that we can believe every single word the cops say because sometimes they say things that aren’t true?

This really undermines the cops’ credibility. At best it makes them look stupid, or at worst it makes them look like they deliberately fabricated the story. And it’s kind of ironic that this story broke on the day we might get a verdict in the chauvin trial.

Meanwhile there is still a mountain of video evidence that shows Capitol rioters assaulting other cops and destroying the place, not to mention the evidence from social media where some of these people were plotting to kill or kidnap members of congress. So these people still look terrible.

What about the woman that was shot and killed? I'd like to hear the story behind that!!
    ICE NUT
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1064
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 08:46:13 (permalink)
    Yea i guess the only one murdered on Jan 6th by the POLICE was the female Veteran..The fake news really played up the story of officer Sicknick.
    LDD
    Pro Angler
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 09:07:40 (permalink)
    graveydavey
    MyWar

What about the woman that was shot and killed? I'd like to hear the story behind that!!

Federal officers are legally allowed to use deadly force for the protection of life and property.  The federal officers at the Capital showed incredible restraint in not using deadly force to stop the forced entry. Legally, they could have.  It's the same on a military base.  If you crash the gate, expect to be shot.  That doorway that she was breaching must have been the line they decided to hold.  
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8315
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 09:10:10 (permalink)
    There should have been hundreds of traitors killed that day.  We would have been a better country for it too.
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1954
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 09:31:12 (permalink)
    LDD
    BloodyHand
    Irisheyeball

BH

Easier said than done, especially with that caliber.  Better shoot center mass multiple times.  That round would most likely glance off the skull or not penetrate it.  Tragedy for sure.  I would imagine he never even saw the bear until it was too late.  Apparently it was guarding a moose kill.  Probably in thick alders or willows down by the river.  Pretty rare encounter for that area.  

LMAO, I've been on black bear hunts and witnessed a 469 lb. bear getting dropped with a 44 mag. What caliber do you think most people carry when they go to Alaska? Not everyone wants to pull the trigger on a 500. Some carry a 357.

BH
    LDD
    Pro Angler
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 10:21:05 (permalink)
    BloodyHand
    LDD
    BloodyHand
    Irisheyeball

BH

LMAO, I've been on black bear hunts and witnessed a 469 lb. bear getting dropped with a 44 mag. What caliber do you think most people carry when they go to Alaska? Not everyone wants to pull the trigger on a 500. Some carry a 357.

BH

False sense of security with a .44 or lesser IMO.  No less than  a .454 if you're going to carry a hand gun in grizzly/brown bear country.  A .44 will certainly kill a large animal if you can get a good shot at the vitals.  My issue is with a charging bear.  Tough to hit vitals on a charging bear so you better have something with a lot of knockdown power and destructive force.  3-3.5 inch 12 gauge slug gun is what I feel most comfortable with.  I've spent many  hours fishing and guiding on streams in Alaska frequented by blacks and browns and a .44 gives a sense of security but if a bear charges you better have something that will blow it apart.  Lots of guides carry either a slug gun or 45/70 for that reason.  

Lots of stories with smaller calibers being discharged and found near the corpses of bear victims.  

JM2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1004
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 10:35:16 (permalink)
    LDD
    BloodyHand
    Irisheyeball

BH

Grizzlies are pretty common in that area. Lots of moose too. It's also a calving area for bison, which draw the bears in. Wouldn't fish that area without bear spray, and a sidearm if carried, would only be for back up.
    post edited by JM2 - 2021/04/21 10:37:34
    snagr
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 383
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 10:47:51 (permalink)
    LDD

False sense of security with a .44 or lesser IMO.  No less than  a .454 if you're going to carry a hand gun in grizzly/brown bear country.  A .44 will certainly kill a large animal if you can get a good shot at the vitals.  My issue is with a charging bear.  Tough to hit vitals on a charging bear so you better have something with a lot of knockdown power and destructive force.  3-3.5 inch 12 gauge slug gun is what I feel most comfortable with.  I've spent many  hours fishing and guiding on streams in Alaska frequented by blacks and browns and a .44 gives a sense of security but if a bear charges you better have something that will blow it apart.  Lots of guides carry either a slug gun or 45/70 for that reason.  

Lots of stories with smaller calibers being discharged and found near the corpses of bear victims.  

i got bluff charged by a mama black bear with cubs while i was fishing once.  i normally carry a 9mm where i was at when it happened, but wasn't.  it felt like it unfolded over an eternity, but i realized after the encounter that if she had really meant bizniss about the only thing i could have hoped for was to have drawn my gun in time to put myself out of my misery because it all happened so fast.  and even if i had somehow managed to draw in time, i probably would have only made her more mad with that caliber.  
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8315
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 13:47:45 (permalink)
    Experts say .44 Mag is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWglcAh5eJs
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4725
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 14:50:18 (permalink)
    Caliber isn’t important. It’s how it is used.

There was a headline not too long ago about how a young female escaped a grizzly attack with a .25 handgun.

She recounts that she and her friend were out for a walk when the grizzly suddenly appeared on the path and started a charge toward them. She said she pulled out the little pistol, took careful aim, and fired one shot. She then fled.

Her quote was, “I was able to shoot my friend right in the knee, knocking them to ground. Even when they were able to get up, I could run much faster, so the bear mauled them, permitting me to run away and escape.”
    post edited by DarDys - 2021/04/21 15:47:03

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    LDD
    Pro Angler
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 18:11:40 (permalink)
    DarDys
    Caliber isn’t important. It’s how it is used.

There was a headline not too long ago about how a young female escaped a grizzly attack with a .25 handgun.

She recounts that she and her friend were out for a walk when the grizzly suddenly appeared on the path and started a charge toward them. She said she pulled out the little pistol, took careful aim, and fired one shot. She then fled.

Her quote was, “I was able to shoot my friend right in the knee, knocking them to ground. Even when they were able to get up, I could run much faster, so the bear mauled them, permitting me to run away and escape.”

I'm assuming that works for aggressive Alaskan squatch attacks too?   
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4725
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 19:50:49 (permalink)
    Anything you have to run from. Anything.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2957
    Re: Officer Sicknick, Capitol police - Official cause of death, natural causes 2021/04/21 21:13:45 (permalink)
    Jump to: