Helpful ReplyAnd this is the world we live in now...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4686
  • Reward points: 0
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 07:00:27 (permalink)
The delivery guy could have stepped out of the way and it was over.

She could have let the delivery guy step into the elevator and it was over.

YouTube will not be the worse thing that happens to her and if she or anyone else thinks it is, then my point is made. Real life has many, many more trying, worse, debilitating, and consequential things that happen than what she was freaking out about or that she was displayed doing it. It would be good if she learned that now.

That video will have no effect on whether she gains or keeps employment, but the attitude displayed certainly will. And then she will find out what is important.
post edited by DarDys - 2021/04/12 07:20:56

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2688
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 10:41:02 (permalink)
The more I think about it, your absolutely right. Why would I ever think someone would know more or their opinion would carry as much weight as YOURS? I am a mere mortal compared to someone as professional and astute as you sir. Please forgive me. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Now I'll just wait for Gen Z to become voting age. You should enjoy that....
post edited by pensfan1 - 2021/04/12 10:44:29
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4686
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 11:35:14 (permalink)
Why the personal attack?

I stated reliable statistics (“In God we trust, all others bring data — Peter Drucker — Management by Objectives) that showed the low probability of her being in danger. Any benefit/risk analysis looks at frequency and severity. For her demographic, which is age related and inclusive of pre-existing conditions, from 0-29, there have been a total of less than 2,300 deaths over the course of more than a year. Compare that to (data pulled from the CDC for 2017 because that was the year that popped up) for ages 0-24 (so the number is even greater because the Covid data covers ages 0-29, five years more) unintentional injury at 17,600 or 7.6 X the Covid death rate; suicide at 6,700 or 2.9X the Covid death rate; and even homicide at 5,500 or 2.4X the Covid death rate and the risk of her simply going outside is greater as was stated.

Where is your data to the contrary? Or if that cannot be supplied is the modus operandi to fall back to a personal attack?

And people wonder why discussion don’t happen anymore.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 283
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 12:09:49 (permalink)
This girls like a teenager or early 20's at best so still a kid. 
The girls clearly having a bad day, we've all been there. 

Some of the replies here - big yikes. This thread is more reflective of "the world we live in". We got:
> What I assume are fully grown adults, threatening to "take their masks off and give them something to whine about" in regards to a person who's clearly not comfortable with someone. Really awesome, you're bragging about what you would to do make a young woman more uncomfortable. 
> Warnings of the future of "X" generation doing "Xyz"
> In-depth personal takes on the future and the hardships a woman will endure
> Covid statistics and CDC recommendations.

Dudes and Dudettes, go grab a rod, some worms, and go fishing. 
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 727
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 13:15:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2021/04/12 13:42:02
The girl repeatedly said she had a highly compromised immune system. Maybe she was justified for her reaction due to some medical condition she has. Naaa it makes more sense to attack her and post the video online for further embarrassment and harassment instead of being a decent person and moving out of her way.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2688
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 14:00:07 (permalink)
No way outasync....[insert response, more at risk in an urban area, Stat, Stat, stat... bar graph, expert opinion, expert opinion].... You're wrong.🙄🙄🙄🙄
post edited by pensfan1 - 2021/04/12 14:01:29
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2669
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 14:34:05 (permalink)
For anyone with issues fearing 19 has been a nightmare.
Contradictory ever evolving advise like no mask, one mask, two masks, dont touch groceries till they are cleaned in an antibiotic and leave them alone for days prior to touching to awww dont worry about touching groceries, 6 foot distance or is it 3 foot ?,,
To get the shots or not ?? after all they arent fully accepted yet and are on some kinda emergency Ok for use--do they work on variants or not ?- depends on who ya listen to..
How bout do you live like a hermit or just go about your life as usual ??- guess it depends on you MD infectious disease expert Governor.
Schools ??- dont even get me started.
For some this is a very real very important scenario with life or death ( in their opinion) being the result of their own and others actions.
Cant blame some for being wild about the ever changing, ever evolving, always  contradictory BS from the nightly talking head experts.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 16:57:56 (permalink)
r3g3
For anyone with issues fearing 19 has been a nightmare.
Contradictory ever evolving advise like no mask, one mask, two masks, dont touch groceries till they are cleaned in an antibiotic and leave them alone for days prior to touching to awww dont worry about touching groceries, 6 foot distance or is it 3 foot ?,,
To get the shots or not ?? after all they arent fully accepted yet and are on some kinda emergency Ok for use--do they work on variants or not ?- depends on who ya listen to..
How bout do you live like a hermit or just go about your life as usual ??- guess it depends on you MD infectious disease expert Governor.
Schools ??- dont even get me started.
For some this is a very real very important scenario with life or death ( in their opinion) being the result of their own and others actions.
Cant blame some for being wild about the ever changing, ever evolving, always  contradictory BS from the nightly talking head experts.

I agree with ya here R3. I think it's important to keep in mind though - it's highly unlikely that Experts and entire organizations are giving contradictory information on purpose.
Covid-19 is/was a brand new, horrifying virus that had, and continues to have a lot of unknowns. People are giving information when they have it, and in some cases, it's for sure been incorrect. Most of the time when I've seen some things that end up being incorrect, it's updated to the new information. 

Big Steve
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 144
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 17:05:57 (permalink)
The irony of this thread was not lost on me. Many of these videos are staged, our reaction, not so much.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/12 19:47:35 (permalink)
This is how idiotic it gets---
Going to Vt in  few days for my oldest sons 50th bday got reservations in  nice place- there will be between 7 and 9 of us.
The 19 rule there is only 6 people to a table from more than one household.
So now we gotta get two tables- not earth shattering but its a family get together now separated by a 'proper distance because of a idiotic 19 rule made up by some expert.
Most likely will be the 7 number but it still means two tables so we arent actually together.

BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1929
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/13 07:02:36 (permalink)
you would think these so called experts would stfu until they have their facts straight that are backed by true scientific data. The whole 6 foot think is a made up number. There was a couple different episodes on MythBusters where Adam simulates catching a cold and spreading germs, Then they used a blacklight and the germs were literally covering everything in the room. They even tested a sneeze thru a surgical mask. Yep you guessed it, Right thru the mask and all over the room.

BH
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2873
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/14 14:21:11 (permalink)
BloodyHand
you would think these so called experts would stfu until they have their facts straight that are backed by true scientific data. The whole 6 foot think is a made up number. There was a couple different episodes on MythBusters where Adam simulates catching a cold and spreading germs, Then they used a blacklight and the germs were literally covering everything in the room. They even tested a sneeze thru a surgical mask. Yep you guessed it, Right thru the mask and all over the room.

BH

Great episode, great show.  Adam would fill his mouth with the blue stuff and sneeze.  The slo mo photography was awesome.  That's why they tell you to sneeze into your arm.  Masks only reduce.  
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2004
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/15 09:03:48 (permalink)
Masks only ever reduced. That's the whole point. Over a year in and people still don't get it. It's mind boggling. 6ft distancing was to reduce the spread. It's all common sense. The whole mitigation effort was not too eliminate the virus. Everyone knows Americans are too greedy to follow simple instructions if they are inconvenienced by them. It's all to keep hospitals from being overrun. That's the whole point. We were/are not prepared to combat the virus if spread is not slowed. For profit medicine does not allow for it.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8035
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/15 09:15:26 (permalink)
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2004
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/15 09:58:53 (permalink)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/04/08/philippines-covid-curfew-man-dies-after-being-forced-do-300-squats/7137719002/
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/15 10:44:19 (permalink)
Was supposed to be in the Canadian Rockies this summer- depending on restrictions in Canada which - a couple of months ago when we booked - looked to be mirroring ours albeit a bit tougher.
Trudeau has heightened restrictions and is going to give individual Provinces even more control if they want it.
Not pulling the trip plug yet but it looks unlikely at this point.
Are they seeing things we have yet to grapple with as strictly as they and some Europeans seem to be.
Some direct talk from some RELIABLE professional people would be nice.
Dont want to hear Biden drivel or from that bouncing ball opinions double masker  either.
IMHO--=-variants.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/04/15 10:45:41
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/15 16:20:43 (permalink)
FishinGuy
Masks only ever reduced. That's the whole point. Over a year in and people still don't get it. It's mind boggling. 6ft distancing was to reduce the spread. It's all common sense. The whole mitigation effort was not too eliminate the virus. Everyone knows Americans are too greedy to follow simple instructions if they are inconvenienced by them. It's all to keep hospitals from being overrun. That's the whole point. We were/are not prepared to combat the virus if spread is not slowed. For profit medicine does not allow for it.

It's always been and always will be an issue. There's "Patriots" out there living "free" everywhere you look.
Masks are as much a political statement because of King Dipsheyt, as handing out water to people in a line. 

Masks have actually been a perfect gauge of an individuals humanity to me. You got:
> Those who wear them and behave as normal human would. 
> Those who wear them but will do everything they can to whine and complain about the oh so great injustice and how hard it is to do xyz.
> Those who don't wear them. 

It's essentially to the point where if ya see someone without a mask, where they should have one on, you can easily ascertain that they are not an individual worth knowing/any time invested in them. 

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4061
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/15 22:43:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fisherlady2 2021/04/16 08:53:02
DeadGator401

It's essentially to the point where if ya see someone without a mask, where they should have one on, you can easily ascertain that they are not an individual worth knowing/any time invested in them. 

Go shopping anywhere in swpa an i can guarantee you...
-1/3 are maskless.
-1/3 are wearing them but incorrectly so they might as well not pi$$ with it.
-1/3 are wearing them correctly.

Do they really do anything? Maybe, maybe not but if it prevents just one person from dying from it why not just put your wet dream revolution fantasy away and wear the f'in thing.

PS Got my first shot the other day hope Bill Gates enjoys looking at my search history 😬

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/16 00:52:56 (permalink)
Mountian Man
DeadGator401

-1/3 are maskless.

Do they really do anything? Maybe, maybe not but if it prevents just one person from dying from it why not just put your wet dream revolution fantasy away and wear the f'in thing.

PS Got my first shot the other day hope Bill Gates enjoys looking at my search history 😬

I'm there. I actually don't see 1/3 maskless. It's more dependent on where ya go. The "rural" towns, such as Washington, Carmichael, Butler, etc you're gonna see less mask adherence. Or ya know - walmart.

Yep, at the absolute worst, you're inconveniencing yourself a bit. At best, you could be slowing the spread and protecting your fellow humans. It's that simple. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8035
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/16 07:32:23 (permalink)
In the southern PGH burbs, I rarely see anyone in stores maskless. Besides myself in a rush last week in Home Depot... I was wondering why everyone was giving me the stink eye. I totally forgot. When I realized the cashier lady said don’t worry and I pulled my shirt over my mouth/nose. I loaded up bags of concrete outside and went in to pay, so wasn’t walking around the store shopping. Did it again at a rest stop on the turnpike a few days ago. I noticed and went back to my rental car and grabbed my mask.

Wearing them incorrectly, definitely. This might be half. I don’t get bent from those that don’t cover their noses. There is very little respiration droplets going out of peoples noses. Your nostrils face downward and aren’t projecting droplets outwards like your mouth does as well. Nasal droplets are so fine, most masks are not stopping much of anyway. They will stop some. The droplets out of mouths is what cloth masks that most wear are going to do any mitigation. But you make a regulation to mask mouths only and idiots will be wearing thongs on their mouths or mask that covers their chins only...
post edited by Porktown - 2021/04/16 07:38:58
JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/16 08:20:12 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Mountian Man
DeadGator401

-1/3 are maskless.

I'm there. I actually don't see 1/3 maskless. It's more dependent on where ya go. The "rural" towns, such as Washington, Carmichael, Butler, etc you're gonna see less mask adherence. Or ya know - walmart.

Yep, at the absolute worst, you're inconveniencing yourself a bit. At best, you could be slowing the spread and protecting your fellow humans. It's that simple. 

Most of the time, I'm not even aware I have the mask on.  Many times I leave work or a store, and drive home (short drive) with it on.  When I walk in the house, My wife will let me know I still have it on. 
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1221
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/16 08:59:23 (permalink)
I wear my mask over my oxygen leads all the time. No problem  breathing. I'm too old to argue anymore.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/18 09:09:10 (permalink)
Change of pace- The world we live in-
Got up this AM to great news-

VP still hasnt faced the fact that she is in charge of the Border- snubbing the president  for about 3 weeks so far.

Maxine waters is out at a nice riot after curfew telling people they have to be more aggressive against the police.

Chris Comeau is saying something idiotic about white kids having to die to achieve whatever his issue seems to be.

None of this will be a big deal and none will be brought to task for their words and actions--
Imagine the outcry  if this stuff had occurred under a Trump administration.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/04/18 09:28:20
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1018
Re: And this is the world we live in now... 2021/04/18 13:26:48 (permalink)
Its Biden's america its what 80 million dolts wanted now live with it!!!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: