Mentored youth trout day

Author
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2074
  • Reward points: 0
2021/03/27 18:03:22 (permalink)

Mentored youth trout day

My son and I got out for couple hours today. Pic is worth a thousand words. Shame on the old guys killing trout they know they can't keep with power bait. We got em on power bait too, but we were legally allowed to kill 2 fish. Only time I'll use the stuff.

3 Replies Related Threads

pensfan1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3425
    Re: Mentored youth trout day 2021/03/27 20:03:10 (permalink)
    👍💪💪💪💪🐟🐟🎣🎣. Enjoy that. You're gonna blink your eyes and he's gonna be a teenager. Truss me... great job DAD..
    snagr
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 503
    Re: Mentored youth trout day 2021/03/28 08:33:35 (permalink)
    that's good stuff fishinguy!  congrats to your kid!  

my ten year old got his first pally yesterday.  he caught and released a stupid number of trout on his fly rod.

really glad they have this day for kids.  hear a lot of stories about jags abusing it, but everyone we saw yesterday was well behaved and kids doing almost all the fishing, with the mentors fishing a little bit here and there.  in the five or six years we've been doing it, i've not seen any poor behavior from adults.  
    FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2074
    Re: Mentored youth trout day 2021/03/28 12:00:44 (permalink)
    Where we were fishing doesn't close from March to the opener. So, adults are legally allowed to fish for them. Just legally can't kill or keep em. I find it very irresponsible for a grown man to bottom fish with bait when you're not allowed to keep fish. Just a big pet peeve of mine. The mortality rate is just too high. We had a great time none the less and he really enjoys the whole process. From tying flies on my lap, to cooking and eating fresh fish for dinner. Hope it sticks with him.
    Jump to: