Fly line

Author
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2515
  • Reward points: 0
2021/03/22 10:17:56 (permalink)

Fly line

I bought a Redington 8'6", 3 wt, 4 piece moderate action fly rod. I would like to use weight forward floating line. Doing some research but can't make up my mind. Don't want to break the bank but don't want to get stuck with something that won't work well either. I am not a novice but no pro either. Just a average angler who enjoys getting out once in awhile to wet a line. I don't do a lot of dry fly fishing, mostly nymphs, wets and streamers. For that I use 8# golden Stren with various leader-tippet combinations. Any ideas?

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
Quote: E.B. White

2 Replies Related Threads

jfel5472
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 51
    Re: Fly line 2021/03/22 11:04:11 (permalink)
    Cortland 444 is a great line that won't break the bank. It has a traditional taper which is a good general purpose taper that will work for most trout fishing conditions. It has a 32.5ft head on it which is more then enough to get good drifts and have enough line control to still mend. If you are in area stop in to the Pro Shop and check one out. TIGHT LINES -Josh

https://www.fishusa.com/C...Classic-Peach-Fly-Line
    JinxPA
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: Fly line 2021/04/16 23:12:14 (permalink)
    I've always had good luck with RIO lines.  The RIO Mainstream trout WF3F runs around $40 and has a 38' head on it.  Hope this helps.  Happy fishing.

A bad day fishing is always better than a good day working.
    JinxPA
    Jump to: