Helpful ReplyHot!Give me all your moneys

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4735
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/04 12:12:07 (permalink)
Speaking of give me all your money, Wolf proposed raising the PA income tax rate from 3.07% to 4.49% for people with earnings above $84,000. That is almost a 32% increase. I guess having the highest gas tax in the nation is enough.

Since many small businesses file as individuals, that is not going to help with the recovery.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2965
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/04 13:14:28 (permalink)
 Turnpike fares went up again also. Son called a hour ago and is Ohio. He buys 100 gallons of gas while traveling through there plus fills his tank. They don't even have sales tax on fast food restaurants. Brother in law is a retired millionaire and lives in Medina Ohio and says moving from Shaler to there was one of his smartest moves.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8380
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/04 14:33:58 (permalink)
DarDys
Speaking of give me all your money, Wolf proposed raising the PA income tax rate from 3.07% to 4.49% for people with earnings above $84,000. That is almost a 32% increase. I guess having the highest gas tax in the nation is enough.

Since many small businesses file as individuals, that is not going to help with the recovery.

Hey Republicans, Trumpers, Q-Anon whackos, or whatever you consider yourself.  This is how you post accurate information of how the Democratic party is insane.  The other stuff some of you guys post of debunked conspiracy theory garbage or attempts to prove 95% of scientists wrong in their fields of study, to somehow push your political views (with absolutely no knowledge of the subject), well, makes you look like an idiot. 

Do you see the difference?
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3692
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/04 16:33:39 (permalink)
Dardys, it is a 46% increase over the current PIT.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/04 17:19:53 (permalink)
Correct. I did the math in my head. Obviously, incorrectly.

At least, unlike most fishers, I underestimated the size - lol.
post edited by DarDys - 2021/02/04 18:36:35

Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 353
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/04 17:53:59 (permalink)
On the Ohio/PA thing....you have to take into consideration the fact that PA doesn’t tax income from pension plans, including 401k and IRA distributions. For me that’s big.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/04 21:52:48 (permalink)
 Forgot in Ohio don't need trailer registrations  on 16' or less. We have 16 ov 'em so that is big for us. Even more so since Pa almost doubled the price two yrs. ago. Plus Ohio has way cooler songs written about it unless Polka is your thing and has the Rock'n Roll Hall ov Fame  Do like the landscape in Pa more though.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yj-FYOjmSU
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/04 22:13:39
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/04 22:18:42 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 411
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/05 14:15:36 (permalink)
^ Cool link. You can drill down by cities. 

Here's PGH vs Cleveland: https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/cost-of-living/pittsburgh-c3945/cleveland-c3886

I still remember being in awe that you could buy a downtown parking lease for Cleveland, for 45 bucks (this was during lebrons first hiatus from them so i guess like 2015?)
Downtown Pittsburgh, I remember my wife and I finding a 175$ one and thinking "This aint bad"
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/06 20:28:11 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/06 21:04:46 (permalink)
Wolf can shove that tax increase up his big, fat arse.....
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1959
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 09:07:39 (permalink)
Well maybe some people like to pay more taxes. Maybe they think the gov't needs more money for programs and what not.

BH
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 10:30:29 (permalink)
If someone wishes to pay more taxes, there is a place on the form (at least federal) where they can donate as much as they want to the government. Have at it.

EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 806
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 10:35:06 (permalink)
Seems like every two years, which for some of the pols coinsides with election year, they're constantly telling us we need more money for education. Now the FED has given out billions for education, and the Commonwealth has taxed us and given out hundreds of millions for education, and yet they say they need more money for education. We spend somewhere in the top 5 states more money per student every year, and yet we have thousands of the dumbest students anywhere. Take a look at the graduation rate. Just how much will be enough for education. One billion? How about one trillion? The answer is, there will never be enough.

If you agree with the Progressive Democrats, that's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech and racism.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2814
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 15:36:25 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

Are you in the top 1/3 of the earners statewide, which from what I gathered is $84k for a family of 4?
post edited by pensfan1 - 2021/02/07 15:40:01
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 16:10:30 (permalink)
$84K for a dual income family is not that unusual — 2 school teachers, 2 almost any union anything, maybe two convenience store managers, one engineer, one nurse and almost anything else full time.

Keep in mind the top third figure includes fixed income retired, welfare, part-time kid jobs, etc. in the bottom 2/3rds.

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 16:20:58 (permalink)
DarDys
$84K for a dual income family is not that unusual — 2 school teachers, 2 almost any union anything, maybe two convenience store managers, one engineer, one nurse and almost anything else full time.

Keep in mind the top third figure includes fixed income retired, welfare, part-time kid jobs, etc. in the bottom 2/3rds.

Totally agree with that. $84k for a family of 4 is, frankly, not that much. I would think that number would be a bit higher perhaps even 2X.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 18:48:06 (permalink)
pensfan1
DarDys

Totally agree with that. $84k for a family of 4 is, frankly, not that much. I would think that number would be a bit higher perhaps even 2X.

Exactly, why it is a ridiculously dumb idea. And why I cannot be a Dem. Granted when the other side is a bunch of conspiracy theory driven whack jobs, it makes it a tough choice. Why on earth there isn’t a better choice by now?

Would you like me to kick you in your gonads or pour rubbing alcohol in your eyes? If you pick a third option, you are wasting your choice...
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 20:26:47 (permalink)
pensfan1
eyesandgillz

Are you in the top 1/3 of the earners statewide, which from what I gathered is $84k for a family of 4?

So what did you write before the edit????
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 20:55:21 (permalink)
Just some spell check. Why?
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 21:03:43 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
pensfan1
eyesandgillz

So what did you write before the edit????

I didn't read an answer?
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1959
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 21:08:39 (permalink)
Does it really matter where he falls within the chart?. To me, the graph looks like he is trying to lower the median income to smack the middle class harder.

BH
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 21:16:32 (permalink)
BloodyHand
Does it really matter where he falls within the chart?. To me, the graph looks like he is trying to lower the median income to smack the middle class harder.

BH

I would agree with that also, if there was a middle class left. I only asked the question because if someone falls under that number, what would their gripe be?
post edited by pensfan1 - 2021/02/07 21:21:36
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 22:43:42 (permalink)
What would their gripe be?

How about, “the owner of the business I work for files as an individual (like many, if not most do), so they will be hit by this over 40% tax increase, which means somebody has to go and being the last hired, it will be me?”

If you don’t think that conversation along with “how many are we going to cut if the minimum wage goes to $15,” then you don’t spend any time around small businesses.

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 23:22:43 (permalink)
 If companies can't pay a $15 min. wage they are doing something wrong. Plus it would get most of the workers off food stamps, free heat/elec. and health care. The worker is pretty much in the same $$ as before the increase though.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/07 23:34:32 (permalink)
DarDys
What would their gripe be?

How about, “the owner of the business I work for files as an individual (like many, if not most do), so they will be hit by this over 40% tax increase, which means somebody has to go and being the last hired, it will be me?”

If you don’t think that conversation along with “how many are we going to cut if the minimum wage goes to $15,” then you don’t spend any time around small businesses.

Yes, what would be the gripe, if an individual fell under the cut off number for the tax increase? Maybe that type of person would just want to gripe over Wolf?

Now that you mentioned it, a person making $7.25 is called the working poor.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/08 08:07:46 (permalink)
crappiefisher
 If companies can't pay a $15 min. wage they are doing something wrong. Plus it would get most of the workers off food stamps, free heat/elec. and health care. The worker is pretty much in the same $$ as before the increase though.

Go ask a small business owner, away from a metro area that. Ask the ice cream stand owner. Ask the farmer (non corporate). Ask the convenience store. Ask the produce market. Ask the pizza shop.

Wonder why you can’t find help at a big box store? Wonder why there are phone trees for customer service (try getting a live person, even to pay a subscription at MSN, which isn’t exactly a small business)?

Do you see self checkout, even in bigger places? Why is that? Look for more automation, especially in places where it traditionally has never been, like agriculture. Once automation gets better, and it is, especially in places like Europe, look at the fast food industry there where there is none at the counter because the order is placed at a kiosk, paid for with a phone, and picked up in a compartment, lower wage jobs are gone.

And what happens to the jobs that currently are between minimum wage and the proposed minimum? Do they migrate to the new minimum, thereby reducing their purchasing power for knowledge, skill, or ability that was worth more than minimum before the increase; do they get a raise equal to the new minimum plus the dollar amount difference they were making above the old minimum; or do they get the same percentage increase as minimum did? Or, more likely, no matter what their respective increase is, they get to do the extra work of the minimum wage person who is no longer there?

Keep in mind that the actual wage is only part of the equation. There is also a factor, called burden, that the business owner must pay. Depending on what, if any benefits are involved (taxes, social security, fica, worker’s compensation, and unemployment are required, so they go up the percentage no matter what) that equals between 20% (no benefits at all) and 35% over the actual wage. With over doubling the minimum wage, burden follows along.

Depending on the percentage of labor in the costs of goods sold, that may double or even triple the retail cost of an item. What happens when the market says “no” and people stop buying it? Minimum wage goes to zero.
post edited by DarDys - 2021/02/08 09:38:18

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/08 11:44:49 (permalink)
 That's cool, like I said won't matter much for the employee weather it goes too $15 or not. Just save tax payers money on child care, food stamps, free heat/electric, housing and health care.  I think some of these business must be covers or fronts for some shady stuff.  Or they just like wasting time.   Hope Papa John pizza don't hire Tom Brady for his commercials after the S.B. LOL....  

Heck when we would make $30,000 a year as a couple a penny wouldn't come out of our paycheck for fed and all state withheld we would get it back as a refund. Those $6,000 fed. return checks sure helped us out all those years. Plus the fringe benefits were way better than working for a great employer. Lot of these benefits it does not matter how much money you have in the bank but goes off your income.  Might have to go get fitted for a new pair of dentures this week while the oil tanker comes and fills the 300 gallon fuel tank  Kids got payed to go to college. We would go to a IRS office to file taxes for free, that lady was good. Maybe not as good as Donalds' but good.  Former POTUS Bush put in most of the tax breaks for the married with children btw. 
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/08 13:08:07
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/08 13:35:52 (permalink)
crappiefisher
Just save tax payers money on child care, food stamps, free heat/electric, housing and health care. 

It is sort of funny (sad) that those politicians proposing to raise minimum wage to $15/hr, never seem to ever mention lowering taxes or cutting housing, food, healthcare coverage...

I'm with Dardy's on what he noted about the cost to the employer as well as those making above $15/hr. currently, that are most likely experienced at a discipline.  Most that are making double the minimum wage, have earned that figure through training, experience or doing jobs that others aren't willing to do.  Why the heck would anyone do some sort of job that is either physically straining, mentally straining or dangerous, when the can get some entry level job for the same pay?  Like most, I worked a few years when I was in HS and made a fraction over minimum wage, which kicked me in the rear, that I better figure out a plan to do more with my life.  What motivation would it be for a 16 year old kid to do anything positive for society, if he can put groceries in a bag and make as much as the guy down the street that is working 8AM-6PM every day, suit and tie, with an hour commute to and from work? 

Some say everyone's pay goes up...  If everyone's pay goes up, then the cost of everything goes up and $15 is now $7.25 in purchasing power.  If you didn't invest your savings wisely, your $200k that you saved your whole life for, is now worth the equivalent of $95k.  Those making over $15/hr will take a lot longer to get that raise too.  Most likely a few years of effectively getting what amounts to pay cuts, when the price of everything else goes up, but their pay is lagging behind.

The market should dictate the pay of every job.  Every time that I am out and about in my area, I see help wanted signs at Target, Sheetz, Lowes, etc.  I haven't seen one saying they were paying less than $12/hr.  Every area is different as noted by the cost of living.  I believe San Francisco is the most expensive market in the US.  You couldn't afford an empty lot to put a tent on, 20 miles outside of SF for $12/hr.  Most likely, their market dictates over $15/hr.  I doubt that $7.25/hr gets you much anywhere.  Maybe it is due for an increase to $8.50/hr or whatever. 

If you don't like being in a minimum wage job, learn a skill and do something about it.  You can go online and get basic knowledge of just about anything.  If you are "stuck" in a minimum wage job, find out what other jobs are in your area and figure out the basics of that trade.  Put yourself through 3-4 months of research on that job.  Even without a degree in that job, the interviewer will see that you have knowledge and possibly get you another job to work your way to that job.  i.e. PAYING you to train you.

With how ridiculous the Trump cult thing is (and how stuupid anyone that still follows that clown is), it is still easy to see why people would vote against this nonsense and much of the other Dem nonsense.  It seems like the Democratic economic policy is to come up with a horrible base plan that steals from the middle class and gives to the poor.  Then anyone that comes up with something worse, is the new policy.  Every day, it is just more apparent that neither of these parties cares at all about the middle class.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Give me all your moneys 2021/02/08 14:09:12 (permalink)
 Yeah I hear you Pork. A $7.75 jump is way to much at once. A dollar ain't worth the paper it's printed on. Not that long ago a penny (copper) cost more than a cent to make. That was a no brainer when announced they would stop making 'em to go to the bank and buy them up. Kid made a very nice lump of sum just using the no brainer. The dollar ain't far behind. Check out some prices Snap-On tools and Binks spray guns. Plus the lower income have too much to lose if it would go to $15. Just keep letting tax payers money pay their way for a better living than making $15 ph.  I'll sell you wanna my Hobart Buffalo Choppers with grinder attachments for a measly $15,000, have more than I need. Gonna make 10 lbs. of Bologna and 12.5 lbs. Italian sausage with one today.  
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/08 14:27:05
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Jump to: