Author
indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5996
  • Reward points: 0
2020/07/08 09:37:58 (permalink)

NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400

Gentlemen,
     This week the NASCAR guys head to KY Speedway for the Quaker State 400.  And it's gonna be HOT!  Normally this is a race I would attend, but Covid and the heat will prevent that.
     Well, as for all this year, tires will be a big story.  Look for tire wear being a big problem.  Especially coming out of turn three. And it has been a mileage race quite a few times.  Jimmy Johnson will be back.  And I'm expecting some surprises in finishing order.
      Everyone is touting Kyle Busch as the favorite.  But in my opinion, unless the Toyotas can get the right front tire problem solved they will not be a factor.  I'm thinking that the Fords have a really good chance here.  And some Chevy drivers have a good chance too.  Jimmy Johnson might be a good Long Shot pick.   But every time I pick him he manages to find another way to lose the race. I think I jinx him.  And there are about 6 cars in the 14th to 20th spot in the standings who will surprise.
      Speaking of J.J.  Here are the ways he has managed to have a bad finish this year:  Crash into a back marker (while leading), Getting hit by a lapped car (while in third),  too many men over the wall, Speeding while entering Pit Road, Speeding while leaving Pit road,  Unsecured lug nuts, uncontrolled tire, and flat left rear (caused by another car hitting him with the front spoiler while trying to draft).  About the next thing I can predict is:  Hitting a animal that wanders on to the track  (I'm picking a coyote, or  sea gull).

Here's Your Top 12:

1.  Kevin Harvick ****                                                            7.  Martin Truex, Jr *
2.  Chase Elliott  *                                                                  8.  Alex Bowman
3.  Brad Keselowski**                                                             9.  Aric Almirola
4.  Ryan Blaney*                                                                   10.  Kyle Busch
5.  Denny Hamlin  ****                                                         11.  Kurt Busch
6.  Joey Logano **                                                                12.  Matt Dibenedetto

Here's my Picks:
             Winner:  Aric Almirola
                     Long Shot:  Clint Bowyer
                              1st Out:  Timmy Hill

Good Luck, And Thank-You for playing.

Illegitimis Non carborundum

8 Replies Related Threads

bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2047
    Re: NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400 2020/07/08 09:45:39 (permalink)
    Win Denny Hamlin
    Long shot William Byron
    1st out/last place Daile Suarwz
    post edited by bigfoot - 2020/07/11 15:13:34

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1877
    Re: NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400 2020/07/09 07:04:32 (permalink)
    Harvick
    Custer
    Hill

BH
    hendey lathe
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 775
    Re: NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400 2020/07/09 17:50:59 (permalink)
    Martin Truex Jr. (19) to win.
    Erik Jones (20) - Longshot
    Joey Gase (51) - 1st out
    Timachro
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1250
    Re: NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400 2020/07/10 09:23:33 (permalink)
    Kevin Harvick #4 for the win (again)
    Ryan Newman #6 longshot
    JJ Yeley #27 last
    fishin coyote
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1366
    Re: NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400 2020/07/11 07:07:34 (permalink)
    Kyle Busch
    C. Buescher
    T. Hill

Nothing is Free!!
    Reward equals Effort

dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2888
    Re: NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400 2020/07/11 08:52:57 (permalink)
    Truex
    Jones 
    Hill
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8451
    Re: NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400 2020/07/11 21:47:10 (permalink)
    Blaney
    Jones
    Gase

indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5996
    Re: NASCAR Picks of the Week - Kentucky - Quaker State 400 2020/07/13 06:54:03 (permalink)
    Gentlemen,
         When was the last time we have seen 4 wide going for the win?  And the Rookie wins it! Makes him eligible for the All-Star race, and for the playoffs.  Andddd , , , Jimmy Johnson found another way to lose.'
         We had two people come closest to picking the Winner.  They were, Hendey Lathe and Dano; both picking:  Martin Truex, Jr.  We had one person pick the actual best Long Shot.  That was Bloody hand picking the winner: Cole Custer.And we had 4 people pick the closest 1st Out.  They were Bloody Hand, Fishin' Coyote, Dano, and myself.  We all picked Timmy Hill
         And Big Congratulations go out to this Week's Best Picker, and NASCAR God of the Week:  Bloody Hand with a Great 84 points!  Congratulations     Way to go with the Rookie.

Here's how we scored:

1.  Bloody Hand *******************************************  84
    2.  Indsguiz *****************************************  62
    3.  Wood Nickle ***********************************  57
    4.  Dano ****************************************  56
    5.  Hendey Lathe ********************************  53
    6.  Timachro *******************************  49
    7.  Bigfoot ******************************  40
    8.  Fishin' Coyote *********************  31

Again a BIG Congratulations to Bloody Hand.  And Thank you for playing.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    Jump to: