Helpful ReplyHot!protest opinions

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 19
Author
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2205
  • Reward points: 0
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/15 14:49:33 (permalink)
Nobody seems to do anything wrong anymore- when they act dopy and the cops get called its somehow' the Cops fault'.
NOT making any racial insinuations here- happens across society- always somebody elses fault--
When is the last time somebody at a party tells ya about the car accident where -they-or someone they know-  got a ticket-
It should ALWAYS have been the other guy but the 'dumb cop' didn't know what he was doing.
When I first got on the job I heard this  so often I just started walking off as soon as anyone said they knew someone who got a ticket-------

Personal responsibility has gone away--------
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11970
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/15 16:48:00 (permalink)
I should like to paint a picture, nothing more than to invoke some thought.

Speaking to our mail carrier, I thank him for his continued service. "Dude" he says "you don't know how nice that is to hear". He continues, "people I been delivering mail to for years, now act as if I had the plague. A few going as far as demanding I wear gloves and a mask when putting mail in their roadside mailboxes. People just don't know who to listen to, or where to find information they can rely on. People are just plain paranoid beyond belief."

IMHO, we can thank the news media for the destruction in our streets. We can thank the news media for the hate and discontent we see spreading across America and last but not least, we can thank the news media for the division in our country.

Let something, (anything) positive be reported and we immediately see MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CNN followed by local affiliates along with social medias, build a boogeyman.

Anyone, be they a doctor, scientist, engineer, actor or an athlete say something against the democrats agenda and those people will be shamed right into submission by the anti-America news media.

How anyone, can deny CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, as being anything beyond anti-America is a mystery to me.

butt that's just me, being me. #11200

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3426
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/15 21:35:16 (permalink)

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4684
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 09:13:32 (permalink)
(Turn on sarcasm font)

That can’t be true. If it were, since all that would be public record, crack news organizations in the main stream media would have reported it in order to provide some context for why a peaceful encounter turned suddenly violent when he was about to be arrested for DUI.

((Turn off sarcasm font)

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 09:16:10 (permalink)
Now ya know why it went bad as soon as he realized an arrest was gonna happen.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 09:40:59 (permalink)
🤔 😳 🤔 😕 🤔 😒 🤔 😞 Gosh!!

Seriously???

I have mixed feelings pertaining to this incident.

Only, because of the present nationwide situation.
In this case, the law knew who the culprit was and could post an APB.

From my armchair, I saw no reason for the officer to fire his weapon. Howeverrrrr, had the subject stopped, turned and proceded to aim the stolen taser toward the officer... different story.

In addition, I gotta ask why chase after this guy, by oneself, when he just threw you and your partner around like ragdolls and you know he now pocesses a weapon that could totally incapicitate you.

Then comes the voices that ask, could not pushing a criminal, with a now stolen weapon, involve other people by creating a hostage situation?

Now, I must ask, if infact the subject is a recently paroled convict with a history of violent crime, how is it, the two responding officers didn't better prepare themselves, before attempting to place handcuffs on this person??

I wasn't there, I'm not a cop, I'm jus'askin'.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2093
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 12:23:21 (permalink)
I believe the officer who shot Mr. Brookes in the back was overcome with emotion in the heat of the moment and reacted in a manner where instinct overcame common sense.  The officers could have just followed him on foot or picked him up later. I'm not tying to justify the actions of Mr. Brookes for resisting arrest, fighting with and overpowering the two officers and taking the taser of one of them and running away, but he more than likely would still be alive if he only would have cooperated. Another life lost that could have been prevented.
post edited by bigfoot - 2020/06/16 15:17:40

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

Erie Mako
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 440
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 14:01:45 (permalink)
I seen a truck today with a bumper sticker that said: 
"The shootings will stop when the protesting ends"

And yes, there was a Rebel flag in the back window.

On the internet, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion!
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 15:18:21 (permalink)
Erie Mako
I seen a truck today with a bumper sticker that said: 
"The shootings will stop when the protesting ends"

And yes, there was a Rebel flag in the back window.

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 16:08:06 (permalink)
I’m conflicted in regard to the flying/ displaying of the Confederate battle flag. On one had I believe under the first amendment a person has the right to do so, on the other hand I know that to many others for various reasons find it offensive. I live in a rural area where on occasion you spot one but it’s not all that common to come across one. That being said a neighbor of mine down the street has had one flying for years. I never gave it much thought as to why and never asked him why he does it. As far as I know he has lived in this town his whole life and I have known him for about 48 years or so. Never in any trouble that I know off, raised a nice family , still married to the same woman, takes good care of his house and property . Never turned me down when I asked him for help, asking nothing in return. The kind of guy if he spotted anyone broke down along the road he would probably stop and try and help. In all these years I never heard him say anything that would be considered racist in regard to African Americans. I plan on asking him why he flies it. By the way he also flies the US flag and the POW/ MIA .

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 17:29:50 (permalink)
Confederate flags are not uncommon down south.

The question being, who made and pushes the Confederate Flag as the boogeyman?

I truely do not believe, any of this "peaceful protesting" is about police brutality in as much as it's about keeping our country divided.

I don't know who is to blame except to say the same politicians promising reform decades ago are still the politicians promising reform today. All y'all be the judge. Case in point, James Clyburn who stands and chastises Trump for his efforts in police reform (and just lied through his teeth) becoming more aggrevated as he evaded questions on public TV.

In 1968 I saw on TV, the brutal murder of a black man. 2020 I saw on TV, the brutal murder of a black man.

In both cases (and in between) "peaceful protesters" filled our city's streets looting and burning.

In both cases I hear the politicians blaming each other then promising changes in our law enforcement.

In short.... same chyt... different day.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/16 18:18:27

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 18:36:07 (permalink)
Saw the video of a 92 year old white lady walking with a walker down the street in New York City when a Black man came along and smacked her.
When she fell it was into a fire hydrant.
He was later caught and arrested.

Please inform me as the location of the 'old white ladies matter' march-riot- looting -arson adventure in her honor.

NOT- judging here- just want equal time---
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/16 18:41:56
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 19:07:31 (permalink)
r3 I heard about the incident but didn't see it.

I imagine CNN, NBC, MSNBC, The View, etc. are all preparing a full report though.

JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 112
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 20:16:41 (permalink)
r3g3
Saw the video of a 92 year old white lady walking with a walker down the street in New York City when a Black man came along and smacked her.

Please inform me as the location of the 'old white ladies matter' march-riot- looting -arson adventure in her honor.

There is just a wee bit of difference between police dishing out the abuse versus a career criminal .  The man that smacked her has 103 prior arrests but all you mention is he's a black man.   
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 20:46:04 (permalink)
Not being racial I do not and never have done that-a family picnic at my house looks like the League of nations lol.
just  want equal  expectations---------
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/06/16 20:47:44
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 21:13:56 (permalink)
JerryS

There is just a wee bit of difference between police dishing out the abuse versus a career criminal .  The man that smacked her has 103 prior arrests but all you mention is he's a black man.   

Really, 103 prior arrest and this black man is out running the streets attacking 92 year old elderly white woman.

Perhaps if the police weren't being degraded & defunded, there would of been a cop to stop this man but God forbid the cop would need use force to stop a known criminal who just committed another crime, against a helpless 92 year old woman.

BTW.... I've yet to see this story being covered on any of the anti-America news networks.

Where's the outcry...

In other news, Chuck Schumer comes out crying, police problems have been occuring for decades.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Schumer was elected in 1998. So two decades have passed since Schumer has been elected annnnnd the congressman says reform has been needed for decades?? 👍 Good one Chuck.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/16 21:25:21

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 21:52:55 (permalink)
r3 no need to explain yourself. We understand where you are coming from.

Same ole shame game being played.

In other news...... I just saw the assult on the 92 year old white woman by the black convict. (said to be a homeless sex offender).

I would like to apologise.... earlier I called the POS a man.

Would it suprise anyone to find out the POS black convict is back on the street, by now??
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/16 21:54:15

JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 112
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 22:19:01 (permalink)
r3g3
Not being racial I do not and never have done that-a family picnic at my house looks like the League of nations lol.
just  want equal  expectations---------

Your post was just another example of an irrational comparison.  A similar theme that is often repeated here is "why aren't blacks outraged by the black-on-black violence in Chicago every day".  Because they expect bad people to do bad things. But society puts their trust in police to prevent, not do, bad things.  Similarly, a priest should be the least likely person to commit possibly the most evil crime.  Unfortunately both institutions hide and protect their offenders.  

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 22:33:01 (permalink)
JerryS

Your post was just another example of an irrational comparison.  A similar theme that is often repeated here is "why aren't blacks outraged by the black-on-black violence in Chicago every day".  Because they expect bad people to do bad things. But society puts their trust in police to prevent, not do, bad things.  Similarly, a priest should be the least likely person to commit possibly the most evil crime.  Unfortunately both institutions hide and protect their offenders.  

If bad people didn't do bad things... they'd need not fear law enforcement.

One cop sins so all cops are sinners, is a terrible mindset.

MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 706
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 22:56:22 (permalink)
JerryS
r3g3

Yea, and this "r3g3" guy used to be some kind of a cop too. If we are to believe that this kind of attitude is representative of law enforcement across the country, then its pretty easy to see why we have a problem.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 23:11:54 (permalink)
MyWar

Yea, and this "r3g3" guy used to be some kind of a cop too. If we are to believe that this kind of attitude is representative of law enforcement across the country, then its pretty easy to see why we have a problem.

MyLiar, people only need read your responses and it's easy for them to see you're the problem.

I use to think you ran around on your elbows, in your basement. Now I know you just run around on your elbows.

Your shaming, won't work here so stick your comments where you can easily read them, while running around on your elbows.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/16 23:14:10

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 23:17:41 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Normally I don't bother responding to Pappy Bootlicker, but I've seen this sentiment posted by several people so consider this is addressed to any of you that are naive enough to believe this statement.

First of all I can attest that this is completely untrue from my own personal experience, because I have been stopped and searched by cops for doing absolutely nothing illegal. I also have friends (white ones at that!) that have been ARRESTED by Pittsburgh cops for breaking no laws, and the cops straight up lied in court.

But don't take my word for it because I'm just some liberal troll on a fishing forum, right?

How about Philando Castile? Are any of you familiar with this case? He's the black man who was shot dead in front of his girlfriend and her child. Watch the dashcam video, its gruesome and utterly heartbreaking. Might be a little hard to swallow for you 2A guys because it really illustrates the double standard of carrying firearms when you are black as opposed to when you are white. The cop got fired, but never went to jail.

What says the thin blue line crowd about Mr Castile?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 23:26:15 (permalink)
So Chaz has been reduced in size and now has become "The Land of Chop".

More pictures show a shouldered AR style rifle. This one with drum style magazine attached. Another shot shows a side arm and a third view shows some dude twirling a rather long thick stick.

Vandals continue painting graffiti and crews trying to clean the same from structures.

Individuals could be seen dancing and walking aimlessly in the streets, as if they were wasted on drugs.

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 23:29:18 (permalink)
How about Eric Garner? He's another one of the "I can't breathe" guys. I guess you can argue that selling cigarettes was a "bad thing" but does really justify the use of lethal force? Again, watch the video. A grand jury failed to indict the cop that killed Eric Garner with the chokehold, but its worth noting that this cop (Daniel Pantaleo) was the subject of two civil rights lawsuits in 2013 where he was accused of falsely arresting and ordering two black men to strip naked on the street for a search.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 23:36:29 (permalink)
MyWar
BeenThereDoneThat.

Normally I don't bother responding to Pappy Bootlicker, but I've seen this sentiment posted by several people so consider this is addressed to any of you that are naive enough to believe this statement.

First of all I can attest that this is completely untrue from my own personal experience, because I have been stopped and searched by cops for doing absolutely nothing illegal. I also have friends (white ones at that!) that have been ARRESTED by Pittsburgh cops for breaking no laws, and the cops straight up lied in court.

But don't take my word for it because I'm just some liberal troll on a fishing forum, right?

How about Philando Castile? Are any of you familiar with this case? He's the black man who was shot dead in front of his girlfriend and her child. Watch the dashcam video, its gruesome and utterly heartbreaking. Might be a little hard to swallow for you 2A guys because it really illustrates the double standard of carrying firearms when you are black as opposed to when you are white. The cop got fired, but never went to jail.

What says the thin blue line crowd about Mr Castile?

Once again, thanks for proving me right. Your post are childish at best.

Just reading your post reveals you the type to "cop an attitude" because you think you're above the law.

Poor MyLiar, he get's pulled over by the law for never doing nothing.

No wonder ya draw attention to yourself, always running around on your elbows.

Maybe you should play "Uncle Joe" and stay in your basement.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/16 23:56:10 (permalink)
MyWar
How about Eric Garner? He's another one of the "I can't breathe" guys. I guess you can argue that selling cigarettes was a "bad thing" but does really justify the use of lethal force? Again, watch the video. A grand jury failed to indict the cop that killed Eric Garner with the chokehold, but its worth noting that this cop (Daniel Pantaleo) was the subject of two civil rights lawsuits in 2013 where he was accused of falsely arresting and ordering two black men to strip naked on the street for a search.

Nobody is justifying lethal force. Your attitude sucks so bad, that's what you want to read.

If you had an ounce of self pride, you would stop using the unfortunate loss of lives as your means to troll the Trump supporters on this sight. Shame on you for using such sad situations for your agenda.

If you truly gave a chyt about those you so pretend to care for, you'd be out protesting with your buddies. Butt that's dam tough ain't it? When ya got absolutely no buddies.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/17 00:07:44

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 780
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/17 01:52:42 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

If you truly gave a chyt about those you so pretend to care for, you'd be out protesting with your buddies. Butt that's dam tough ain't it? When ya got absolutely no buddies.

He's probably too afraid of the peaceful protestors, but he may be up for leaving a bad google review of the Wendy's in Atlanta.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/17 08:18:40 (permalink)
JM, in the case of MyLiar, I think "what we have here is failure to communicate" brought on by Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

ODD is defined as a childhood disorder characterized by negative, defiant, disobedient and often hostile behavior toward adults and authority figures primarily.

Possibly, brought on by the inability to think for oneself, a result from the schools of higher indoctrination.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/06/17 08:23:31

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/17 09:02:12 (permalink)
If anyone really thinks I would be out there at a demonstration burning and looting they are nuts.
The situation ,however, begged comparison.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: protest opinions 2020/06/17 17:33:58 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

DarDys
That can’t be true. If it were, since all that would be public record, crack news organizations in the main stream media would have reported it in order to provide some context for why a peaceful encounter turned suddenly violent when he was about to be arrested for DUI

Have either of you watched the video? the cop shot him in the back while he was running away. Are cops allowed to shoot fleeing suspects as they run away? Over a DUI??? My god I hope not.

You want to attack the man's character and bring up his criminal past? How about the fact that per The Guardian, Garret Rolfe, the cop that shot and killed Brooks covered up a 2015 shooting of a black man.

From the article:
Judge Doris L Downs, during a 2016 court hearing, called the case a “disaster” and said “it’s the wildest case I’ve seen in my 34 years here.”
Downs said she was so troubled by officers failing to report the shooting that she wanted the matter investigated.
“None of the police put in the report that they shot the man – none of them. And they sent him to Grady [Memorial Hospital] with collapsed lungs and everything, and the report doesn’t mention it,” Downs said.
“I am ethically going to be required to turn all of them in.”
Downs even suggested state and federal authorities get involved.
She said: “What the police did was wrong, and they will have to answer for what they did.”

But somehow this incident was apparently never even investigated and the cop was still on the force like it never happened.

Did "crack news organizations" like Fox News and Breitbart didn't report this part of the story?
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 19
Jump to: