Helpful ReplyHot!Joe Biden

Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 50 of 51
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8449
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/11 16:59:25 (permalink)

The China inflation is possibly more worrisome than what we are dealing with.  They are on the brink of collapse, with out economy dependent on theirs.  They go into a recession, we follow.  They go into a depression, we follow.

One thing that should have happened that definitely would have helped, was targeting the stimulus payments.  At least one person was saying to do on these boards a long time ago.  Some politicians were calling for it as well.  People took all of their money away from the services and put it in consumer goods and many of the same consumer goods that put a run on those items.  That was predicted by many to happen, why they suggested targeting the funds to industries that were visibly being hurt the most.  The non-targetted stimulus payments made it much worse, putting even more pressure on some markets, while their factories struggled to keep up.  With an avalanche effect of limited supplies for those factories, competing and driving their costs up, while we fed it with the previous train wreck and current dumpster fire's free "vote for me" (pronounced - stim-u-lus) money.  We should have had it as either tax credits that can be used for services or prepaid cards or some sort of vouchers that were for services only or some other way that those stimulus payments could have went to those industries hurt the most.  Someone could have easily figured out a way for the funds to be targeted a bit more.  I can just hear the complaints now about infringing on the freedom to be able to spend where I want.  M'erica!!!

The government should have a pretty good idea of what those industries are that were hurt and able to do something now to help.  Instead of focusing efforts on free college, free child care, free stay at home pay, maybe do something to support of those industries noted, like they should have done twice already?  Make it temporary and targeted.  Make going out cheaper than eating, if covid is a concern have it be take out.  Have a cruise ship be cheaper than going on an Amazon spending spree, they have protocols to help be safe.  Have government provided training for truck drivers.  Waive tolls/fares and DOT fees temporarily on logistics.  Make it hard for those 55 year old truckers that decided to retire early, to only see $$$ and get back to work for a few months.  Government provided bus/train fair for all to try to keep M's of gallons of gas burned away when people could be commuting for free.  Subsidize airfare to try and get more people flying to save the airlines, instead of just handing them $, let American's use the service.  Subsidize the scrubbers for the power industry to keep coal an alternative for energy at least for the short term.  Make it as clean as can be and as affordable for power companies to actually do.  In agreement they have to provide whatever other environmental equipment or done.  Something to help now, but not sell out long term objectives.  These are all off the top of my head and would definitely need more of a guided approach than what I am saying.  

There is just far too much all or nothing in todays politics.  Either completely with me or you are against me.  We are still in the worst medical crisis of our time and dealing with the issues of shutting down 80% of the world for an extended period of time.  We need to drop all of that partisan crap and do what is best for this country for once this century.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/11 17:47:06 (permalink)
Porktown

One thing that should have happened that definitely would have helped, was targeting the stimulus payments.  At least one person was saying to do on these boards a long time ago.  Some politicians were calling for it as well.  People took all of their money away from the services and put it in consumer goods and many of the same consumer goods that put a run on those items.  That was predicted by many to happen, why they suggested targeting the funds to industries that were visibly being hurt the most.  The non-targetted stimulus payments made it much worse, putting even more pressure on some markets, while their factories struggled to keep up.  With an avalanche effect of limited supplies for those factories, competing and driving their costs up, while we fed it with the previous train wreck and current dumpster fire's free "vote for me" (pronounced - stim-u-lus) money.  We should have had it as either tax credits that can be used for services or prepaid cards or some sort of vouchers that were for services only or some other way that those stimulus payments could have went to those industries hurt the most.  Someone could have easily figured out a way for the funds to be targeted a bit more.  I can just hear the complaints now about infringing on the freedom to be able to spend where I want.  M'erica!!!

The government should have a pretty good idea of what those industries are that were hurt and able to do something now to help.  Instead of focusing efforts on free college, free child care, free stay at home pay, maybe do something to support of those industries noted, like they should have done twice already?  Make it temporary and targeted.  Make going out cheaper than eating, if covid is a concern have it be take out.  Have a cruise ship be cheaper than going on an Amazon spending spree, they have protocols to help be safe.  Have government provided training for truck drivers.  Waive tolls/fares and DOT fees temporarily on logistics.  Make it hard for those 55 year old truckers that decided to retire early, to only see $$$ and get back to work for a few months.  Government provided bus/train fair for all to try to keep M's of gallons of gas burned away when people could be commuting for free.  Subsidize airfare to try and get more people flying to save the airlines, instead of just handing them $, let American's use the service.  Subsidize the scrubbers for the power industry to keep coal an alternative for energy at least for the short term.  Make it as clean as can be and as affordable for power companies to actually do.  In agreement they have to provide whatever other environmental equipment or done.  Something to help now, but not sell out long term objectives.  These are all off the top of my head and would definitely need more of a guided approach than what I am saying.  

There is just far too much all or nothing in todays politics.  Either completely with me or you are against me.  We are still in the worst medical crisis of our time and dealing with the issues of shutting down 80% of the world for an extended period of time.  We need to drop all of that partisan crap and do what is best for this country for once this century.

For what it’s worth I don’t entirely disagree that targeted stimulus may have worked better, at least in theory. But means testing is far more difficult in practice, and in legislation. Some of the things you suggested would be extremely difficult to actually put in place (and I might disagree on some of your specific ideas).

For one thing, you would have to get all of the legislators to actually agree on the forms of means testing. As we are seeing now with infrastructure spending, it’s not easy. It takes forever to negotiate these bills. Imagine how long it would have taken to pass a more complicated form of a stimulus bill with a bunch of complex means testing mechanisms. And you still run the risk of missing people that actually needed the economic assistance.

Additionally, I don’t think targeted stimulus would have done much to affect current gas prices, or vehicle prices, or the price of real estate, or the cost of lumber during the pandemic. Nobody used those relatively small stimulus payments to buy a $250,000 house. Non-essential electronics? Sure. A bunch of cheap Chinese goods from Amazon? Yea, I could see that. But the cost of flat screen TVs isn’t driving inflation right now.

PPP was a bit more effective I think, as far as targeted stimulus. And that was a substantial part of the stimulus package. It helped a TON of small businesses stay afloat. And as much as I agree there is too much all or nothing in politics, I also think that people forget the things that were done right, and become hyper focused on what went wrong.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/11 17:54:26 (permalink)
Porktown
 We need to drop all of that partisan crap and do what is best for this country for once this century.

Totally agree there. It would be a great time for Republicans to come to the table and negotiate some policies that everybody can agree on.

But they won’t do that. They will just continue to play obstruction games, and stoke culture war fires, and demonize science.

So as it stands, there is only party that is actively trying to move things forward.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/11 20:24:39 (permalink)
I agree with the means testing. But I don’t think it would have been hard to figure out who was hit the most thus far and address those industries, definitely not hard to figure out now. Specifically aimed to shift consumer spending away from inflated areas to allow bottle necks to recede. When they notice it is receded, remove the program and let things run as usual.

My examples were 10 minute brainstorm and by no means researched or analyzed. But are ideas of how to address issues of this crisis. I’d like to hear some of this being addressed by legislators.

No doubt, GOP, just like Dems when Trump was in, are doing whatever they can to stop legislation.
post edited by Porktown - 2021/11/12 07:32:38
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2011
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/17 10:53:27 (permalink)
https://news.yahoo.com/nevada-man-claimed-evidence-election-063940307.html
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1082
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/18 11:35:43 (permalink)
Pork you were exactly right when you stated the Dem's did the same things when when Trump was in office.That's the nature of the 2 parties battle the other so very little gets done again BOTH sides do it.Now on the other hand MyWar the completely brainwashed cultist has from the day he posted on these boards only sees the Other side.An example of both parties seeing only their side is when they say follow the science then rip on people for not getting vaxxed But then when it comes to conception then its a choice.They say by not being vaccinated your harming folks resulting in maybe death well any abortion results in 100% death,not every unvaccinated person causes death BUT every abortion does. Follow the science they say which is it?
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 432
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 01:37:09 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Pork you were exactly right when you stated the Dem's did the same things when when Trump was in office.That's the nature of the 2 parties battle the other so very little gets done again BOTH sides do it.Now on the other hand MyWar the completely brainwashed cultist has from the day he posted on these boards only sees the Other side.An example of both parties seeing only their side is when they say follow the science then rip on people for not getting vaxxed But then when it comes to conception then its a choice.They say by not being vaccinated your harming folks resulting in maybe death well any abortion results in 100% death,not every unvaccinated person causes death BUT every abortion does. Follow the science they say which is it?

It's simple my man - Abortion should be a woman's choice. Getting Vaxxed is a choice to. Where's the issue? 

You got the freedom to choose if you want to be vaccinated. Women have the freedom to choose an abortion (Albeit, very difficult and could be severely penalized for it in some states)

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 06:50:10 (permalink)
You do not lose your livelihood by not getting an abortion You do by not getting vaxxed.And your not my man. The science is clear life begins at conception its not a choice its a friggin baby.
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2011
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 07:34:04 (permalink)
Well, you're not exactly going to unwittingly give one of your coworkers an abortion, are you? Besides, most of those godless heathens out there getting their regular monthly Friday night girls night abortions are probably scummy libterds anyway, right?
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 08:19:05 (permalink)
Don't put words in my mouth YOU said that not I. I'm just tired of hearing the word follow the science from the Demorats.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 10:07:01 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Pork you were exactly right

Usually the case!    At least in my head, I am...  I have no issues admitting when I am wrong either.  I am not a political stooge that follows every idea of any party.

ICE NUT
You do not lose your livelihood by not getting an abortion You do by not getting vaxxed.And your not my man. The science is clear life begins at conception its not a choice its a friggin baby.

Technically speaking...  The science is pretty clear that sperm are alive and so is the unfertilized egg.  If taking these lives is ever a crime, we better expand our prisons to house millions teenage boys that spend a lot of time in their rooms...  Maybe even a few 40 somethings when their wives aren't around, not that I know any of them.

Science cannot say when a soul is placed in a living creature.  They don't know and likely never will know.  They don't know if one is in that sperm or egg (explains why I have two voices in my head at times...).  The science is very clear of what happens after fertilization.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/

My personal feelings on this subject, like the vaccine and most subjects does not follow a party line.  All of this is my opinion, because this issue is 100% subjective.  I do feel that abortion should not be used as a means of birth control and for that, should not be entirely "a woman's body, woman's choice".  I have known a few women that have had them and were extremely traumatic, life changing events that most cannot emotionally get over for a long time.  I don't think many young women realize this when they make that decision.  I am all for legislation that limits it as a form of birth control, but still needs to be available as a medical procedure for certain circumstances.  With that, I feel the TX law has some things right and some things wrong.  Just as the handling of the vaccines, some things right and some wrong as I have noted many times.  For abortions, I am fine with the heart beat being a "deadline" of the procedure for most.  If there is an "unconsensual forced fertilization" (banned word on this site), a medical emergency for the mother, medical emergency for the unborn (still born or something that would not allow the child to survive without extensive use of modern medical intervention), then the woman should have the choice to terminate, but must be before the "viable" period.  This would very likely be the most traumatic decision this person would make in their life and should not be shunned for it.  In legal terms, viable is 24 weeks I believe in most states.  This is when average fetus would have enough development of organs to survive without the mother, but still require a rather massive amount of NICU attention.  If this were to be put in place, I would think it would require a phased in approach.  A large amount of education and access to contraception, including the "day after pill", which is not abortion and should be available to all women (forces mensturation).  Also easy access to pregnancy testing.  What I mean by easy access to these = free and woven into a new norm.  If you engage in that activity and any chance, you take the morning after and test.  Any woman planning to engage in that activity should have full protection available to them at no cost.  The amount saved in abortion costs, lawsuits, medical bills for newborns, etc. would be able to cover these other items. 

I am sure there are pros and cons of what I noted.  With any subjective topic, there is never going to be a one size fits all, works for everyone.

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 11:16:24 (permalink)
ICE NUT

You don't need to lose your livelihood if you don't get vaxxed. Maybe instead of complaining about the rules and how unfair they are, anti vaxxers should pick themselves up by their bootstraps and get a different job. 

I'm just joshin ya. You know what they say, "my body my choice" right?

And I know I'm not your man. If only I was.

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4749
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 11:24:02 (permalink)
Harris gets to be President while Biden has a colonoscopy.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2275
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 11:45:48 (permalink)
DarDys

Wuz jest wundeing if sum 1 on here would ask the ? "\Wonder if they foud his hed>" If so. it sur wont b me!!!!
I think ol' unc joe duen the best he can wit wat he got ta work wit. Jest needs a litle mor time to git all the peces of the puzzil in place.
post edited by bigfoot - 2021/11/19 14:35:11

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2948
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/19 12:11:13 (permalink)
DarDys

genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2420
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/20 15:59:45 (permalink)
DarDys

scary idn'it....

...................................................................................................................

gonna wade in to this abortion thing as an advocate for the aborted.
I think abortion is an awful  thing and tragic all the way around the block.

But if you're a believer in the Christ creed religion, where do babies go when they die?
are we doing the aborted any favors by forcing them into a cruel world?

any of my brothers and sisters ever consider that?

..L.T.A.

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3727
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/21 09:19:23 (permalink)
Conflicted, for sure....genieman.  As pork said, I am close to the camp of when there is a hearbeat....then there should be many, many restrictions, if not darn near impossible and I don't think it should be used as birth control.   
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/21 11:11:05 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Conflicted, for sure....genieman.  As pork said, I am close to the camp of when there is a hearbeat....then there should be many, many restrictions, if not darn near impossible and I don't think it should be used as birth control.   

I’m in the camp of life begins at conception. Totally 💯 % pro life. I don’t know how a doctor who took a oath to above all “do no harm” perform abortions. I can’t think of anything more vulnerable than a baby in its mothers womb.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/21 13:52:31 (permalink)
To all of the moralizers....someone you love has had an abortion.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/21 14:36:50 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
To all of the moralizers....someone you love has had an abortion.

That’s one of the most inane comments I ever read on here. You don’t know me or who I love or don’t love. Let’s stick to the issues and not direct negative comments towards others whose opinions we don’t happen to agree with. That’s all I have to say about the matter.

Ronald Reagan
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/21 15:42:10 (permalink)
Provocative, uncomfortable, yes.  Not inane.  The math supports my statement.  Here's an inane statement:  if men got pregnant, abortion would be a holy sacrament.
post edited by Irisheyeball - 2021/11/21 16:09:44
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/22 22:55:09 (permalink)
Turns out, a judge saying that your wife is  amore credible witness sure hurts Senate runs.

Was fine for the accusations to come out, but when the judge laid out the ruling, the GOP sure kicked Mr. Parnell to the curb. What a scumbag.

https://www.nbcnews.com/p...-after-losing-n1284407
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/23 07:12:25 (permalink)
Seems like he makes a perfect Presidential candidate…
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/23 07:51:35 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Turns out, a judge saying that your wife is  amore credible witness sure hurts Senate runs.

Was fine for the accusations to come out, but when the judge laid out the ruling, the GOP sure kicked Mr. Parnell to the curb. What a scumbag.

Who else does the GOP have waiting in the wings for this seat? Democrats have two fairly strong candidates.

The GOP is pretty much a lock to win a majority in the house next year. But senate races like this, in purple-ish states like PA, WI, NC, GA, and AZ could be the difference in the senate. Clowns like Parnell might clean up in Butler county, but Republicans are gonna have to do better than their usual cast of crooks and cartoon characters if they want to win statewide races in places like PA.
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/23 10:30:50 (permalink)
I think Charlie Dent would be a strong R candidate.  And...there's Dr Oz, although I'm not sure what banner he would run under.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/23 13:27:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Porktown 2021/11/23 13:48:00
Dent looks like your basic, moderate, pro-business Republican, cast from the same mold as toomey or youngkin.

A candidate like that could do well in the PA general election, but I’m not sure he can make it out of a primary where they all have to out crazy each other. Youngkin didn’t have to run in a primary, and if he did, I’m not sure he would have won it.

Dr oz is an out of touch, unqualified, wealthy b-list celebrity who makes a living by conning elderly and uneducated people. I can’t think of anybody who is more on-brand for republicans.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/23 13:48:05 (permalink)
MyWar
Dr oz is an out of touch, unqualified, wealthy b-list celebrity who makes a living by conning elderly and uneducated people. I can’t think of anybody who is more on-brand for republicans.

I find this helpful!
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/24 10:46:24 (permalink)
DeadGator401

Probably had nothing to do with the judge's decision but he just happens to be a Democrat.

Ronald Reagan
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/27 12:19:55 (permalink)
Biden announces travel restrictions due to omicron.

Cue hundreds of thousands of right wingers simultaneously: “bUT I THouGhT trAvEL baNs wERE RAscIST?!??”
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/11/27 13:26:02 (permalink)
MyWar
Biden announces travel restrictions due to omicron.

Cue hundreds of thousands of right wingers simultaneously: “bUT I THouGhT trAvEL baNs wERE RAscIST?!??”

Well, that's what was bandied about when prez the donald put them in place. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Ronald Reagan
Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 50 of 51
Jump to: