Helpful ReplyHot!Joe Biden

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 38 of 41
Author
JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 980
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 16:33:21 (permalink)
MyWar
JM2
These Senate rules have only been in place for over two hundred years? Now they need to be changed? If the rules do not benefit the Democrats, or do not benefit them enough now, they need to be changed. Change them now to benefit the Dems, and give them more control of the Senate. 

Well you said it was “designed” to slow things down. That is clearly not the case. The filibuster’s creation in 1806 was an accident when the rules were changed regarding requirements to end debate and move to a floor vote. It’s not in the constitution and it’s pretty widely acknowledged that the framers DID NOT intend for the passage of legislation in the senate to require super majorities to pass.

The republicans just changed the senate rules to eliminate the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees. They have no problems changing the rules when it benefits their interest so neither should democrats.

The filibuster isn’t the same as it was in 1806 anyway. In its original form it required a senator to keep talking because it constituted “debate” and 60 votes were required to end debate. Now it’s just the threat of a filibuster to shut down a bill. So it’s use has changed and evolved over the years.

The GOP has no interest in actual governance or bipartisanship. McConnell has come right out and said the only thing he wants do is shut down Biden’s agenda. If the only tool he has is the result of a 200 year old accident, which makes it possible for a 54-35 floor vote to be WON by the side with FEWER votes, then yea, it’s gotta go. 

I don’t care what Biden said about it in 2005. He saw republicans play the obstruction game for Obama’s entire presidency. I’m sure that was a big factor in changing his opinion on the matter.

So a two hundred year old accident now needs to be fixed because it was so wrong for all these years. That view doesn’t even make sense by any reasonable measure. Two hundred years as an institutional procedure, and now you call it a mistake, and that it needs to be changed. What took them so long to correct an obvious mistake?  Your argument is laughable. 

Not to waste too much time with you, but I believe it was Harry Reid that first used the simple majority to appoint judges. That was okay, but when McConnell used the same process to appoint SC judges, it now becomes a Republican attack on the Senate rules.

The GOP has no interest in actual governance or bipartisanship? And you think the Dems do because they tell you they do. The Dems do want to govern, there is no mistake about that. They want to govern us to death. The bipartisan part is completely missing though. Your biased sense of reality is showing again. 

Repeal the 17th Amendment. It was a mistake.

JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 16:45:25 (permalink)
Porktown

But there are clearly better conservative options. Having Greene and Gaetz as the face of the party with Trump on the sidelines is pathetic. Dump the chumps and follow Cheney and others lead and could be a slam dunk. Joe and the Dem media is tossing underhand pitch softballs. The GOP is swinging at them with a rope with the cult in place. I really can’t be the only one that sees it that way???

The last thing we need at this time is a choice between a left wing party, and a way left wing party. Before Trump I viewed the Republican party as a slightly more moderate wing of the Democrat party.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8129
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 17:24:44 (permalink)
Thank God, you are in the minority!
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 17:35:44 (permalink)
How many people voted for Trump? That's one hell of a minority.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3639
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 20:26:55 (permalink)
MAGA 2024! 
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 787
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 20:35:43 (permalink)
MyWar

The republicans just changed the senate rules to eliminate the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees. They have no problems changing the rules when it benefits their interest so neither should democrats.

Geez! MyWar! You must have forgotten. It was your boy Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader who passed the simple majority rule. McConnell and company warned against it. What comes around can bite you in the azz.

If you agree with the Progressive Democrats, that's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech and racism.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 20:39:17 (permalink)
JM2

First off, the Majority, voted for an old idiot that can barely talk.

Second, how many voted for Bush 1, Bush 2, Regan and the other real conservatives that you call the Left Wing?

I assure you, 75% or more of conservatives that I know put out some sort of excuse like “held my nose” or “at least it wasn’t Biden” when they voted for the cult leader. Most don’t like the idiot, just hated the alternative. Not all are in your cult.
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 21:46:42 (permalink)
I despised Baby Bush because of his amnesty crusade. Didn't vote for McCain for the same reasons. Held my nose, and voted for Romney. Your definition of a conservative doesn't match mine. When Trump joined the "cult" he had my full support, and would again.  

You should stick to helping the Democrats fix their party. I'm sure they would welcome your input. That is if there is ever something that needs fixed in the political party that is alway beyond reproach. You seem more in tune with them.
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/29 22:27:46 (permalink)
Porktown
I assure you, 75% or more of conservatives that I know put out some sort of excuse like “held my nose” or “at least it wasn’t Biden” when they voted for the cult leader. Most don’t like the idiot, just hated the alternative. Not all are in your cult.

That's probably what they told you, just to be spared an insult from you.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1092
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/30 00:38:56 (permalink)
EMitch
MyWar

Geez! MyWar! You must have forgotten. It was your boy Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader who passed the simple majority rule. McConnell and company warned against it. What comes around can bite you in the azz.

Ok, so what? I’m arguing that democrats should do it again. Why does the fact that Harry Reid did it before make a difference? If anything, the fact that it’s been done before, in recent history, by both republican and democrat majorities, is an argument in favor of getting rid of the filibuster. It’s clearly not the sacred precedent that some would have us believe it is.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 336
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/30 01:12:35 (permalink)
JM2

Not enough sweetheart <3 - that's why it's called a Minority. 

I love when the "Silent Majority" turns into the "Loud Minority". 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/30 09:23:18 (permalink)
JM2

That's probably what they told you, just to be spared an insult from you.

Many of “them” are on this site.
dubber
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/30 18:08:07 (permalink)
Biden is a Chinese, far left puppet, nuff said
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/30 22:50:55 (permalink)
dubber
Biden is a Chinese, far left puppet, nuff said

Biden 2024 Protect our Patriots!
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1225
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/31 07:04:45 (permalink)
Plus he's a mature adult.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1037
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/31 11:02:09 (permalink)
As mature as a old over ripe eggplant
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1092
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/31 12:09:16 (permalink)
Prepare for the right wing outrage when democrats in Texas play congressional procedural games too:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/...d-no-quorum/index.html
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 327
Re: Joe Biden 2021/05/31 13:10:47 (permalink)
My current favorite is Fox News’ drumming up outrage over Kamala Harris’ objectionable tweet, wherein she wished all to “enjoy the long weekend.” How dare she express such a sentiment, 3 days prior to Memorial Day, without speaking to the import of the day itself. Fox called it “disgusting.” Hey Fox! Ya wanna see disgusting?!
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/01 06:40:23 (permalink)
My current favorite is Ziden administration sending Sec of State Blinken to Costa Rica about corruption and immigration He could have saved the miles and just stayed in DC no shortage of that there LOL.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2727
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/07 11:39:51 (permalink)
LMAO
Harris went to Guatemala and told them its their fault along with climate change and 19 that so many are leaving for the US.

The president down there says its none of the above and put it squarely in the lap of the Biden administration.

Guess all that Dem political correctness  stops at our border lol.

Seems the whole world sees it except for the present administration right here at home.

I have been to Guatemala a couple of times and get it about their Govt but agree with them about why our Southern border is such a mess.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/06/07 11:42:43
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/07 13:36:15 (permalink)
r3g3
LMAO
Harris went to Guatemala and told them its their fault along with climate change and 19 that so many are leaving for the US.

The president down there says its none of the above and put it squarely in the lap of the Biden administration.

Guess all that Dem political correctness  stops at our border lol.

Seems the whole world sees it except for the present administration right here at home.

I have been to Guatemala a couple of times and get it about their Govt but agree with them about why our Southern border is such a mess.

"Hey make things better in your home country and people wouldn't want to leave"
Oh no, it's Biden fault people want to leave their home country to come to a new foreign land. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the place they're leaving.

Do you really think people want to leave their homes?

C'mon man
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/07 14:06:37 (permalink)
The whole world knows this administration is a total joke. 
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/07 19:12:58 (permalink)
After the press release leading to my last our VP gave a speech where she told the people down there not to come up because our border is CLOSED and they would be turned back.

WOW  I thought I was listening to Trump speaking.

Welll --we all know the truth and it aint even close to what she said- perhaps it she says it enough she will find someone who believes it - just no one on the Southern border of the US.

These two are a disgrace--
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/10 08:49:32 (permalink)
tHeRe iS nO iNfLaTiOn

CPI May 2021: (cnbc.com)

Consumer prices jump 5% in May, fastest pace since the summer of 2008

PUBLISHED THU, JUN 10 20218:31 AM EDTUPDATED 3 MIN AGO

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/10 09:14:38 (permalink)
Ohhhh not to worry - they are spinning that its only temporary--

( waiting to hear its Trumps fault)
Reel Fin Addict
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/11 07:52:31 (permalink)
No worries Trump will be back in office! Sooner than you think. Says the cult. Right Porky
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/11 08:18:41 (permalink)
Guess Texas has had it with the Dem immigration issues- 
They have set aside a Billion and plan to start wall construction themselves.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/11 09:40:53 (permalink)
Reel Fin Addict
No worries Trump will be back in office! Sooner than you think. Says the cult. Right Porky

August 1, am I right?

No chit prices are up, 80% of America was locked in their rooms...  Trump did a good job of getting the economy rolling.  Prior to the pandemic, the economy was moving extremely well.  When you slam the brakes on people that have money and willing to spend, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there would be extreme demand when people are set free again.  When supply doesn't equal demand, prices increase.  Hopefully most of it is temporary.  In the article that someone linked and many others written right now, there are a few sectors that are spiking the overall inflation numbers.  Not Trump's fault at all, unless you want to blame him for having the economy rolling? 

Homes and used cars are up 30% in value.  Over 1/3 of inflation numbers are driven off of those two items.  Oil is up, since OPEC doesn't lose money without recouping it.  When oil is up, it drives the price of just about everything with it.  Most companies over the past 15 months were running on a fraction of their overall production, so they didn't have to sit on inventory and possibly have to discard it.  Now that things are up and running again, everyone is fighting for that slim inventory.  Yes, those that bid highest on the contracts are getting the inventory and passing along the costs.  Things will even out, some sectors will struggle until it does and have to raise their prices to survive.  Inflation almost always happens and the central bank targets 2%.  Many items deflated significantly last year (just about anything travel/entertainment related).  Should they really keep prices that low and keep losing money?  Should resorts that are charging a 200% premium from last year, be put in the inflation numbers?  All of this is in the annual inflation figures.

Right now, the talk from the average Joes like us, should be how to avoid/minimize paying the inflation.  If people don't pay it and supply levels out to demand, the prices fall back into place.  Do you really need a new (or new used) car right now?  Do you really need a new house right now?  Do we all need a vacation (yes)...  Do you really need to do that project around the house and pay 10%-200% higher prices on supplies?  Do you really need to upgrade your boat this year?  If people would live their normal lives, rather than going all out party mode from being cooped up, prices would balance out much sooner. 

This was all rather predictable and has been reflective in how most company share values are right now.  Those that were part of the financial discussions about 6 months ago, hopefully placed wagers in many of the predictable markets that were discussed.  LPX (lumber supplier) is up 62% since then.  ATKR (building supplier/cables) is up 81%.  CVX (Chevron) is up 28% and BP is up 34%.  CCL (Carnival Cruise) is up 37%.  LUV (Southwest Air) is up 24% and was over 35% for a while.  Everyone in those discussions then knew there was going to be a rush when things opened up.  Inflation shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  Hopefully when supply catches up to the demand, inflation levels out.  Most likely leveling out those stock prices too, but I am not a financial analyst at all.  I am just rather good at predicting the predictable.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2172
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/11 10:38:35 (permalink)
Very good read. Two thumbs up 👍 👍

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King Jr. 
Reel Fin Addict
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: Joe Biden 2021/06/11 11:18:02 (permalink)
So now that we no there is inflation do you predict a housing bubble burst or a financial burst do you think they will raise interest rates and we fall into a recession. I don’t think people are going to stop buying I am in my own business and people are still buying I do think a slow down this fall when Biden crap catches up. But I’ll listen to the experts.
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 38 of 41
Jump to: