Helpful ReplyHot!Joe Biden

Page: << < ..2122232425 > Showing page 23 of 25
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7818
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 10:51:49 (permalink)
Besides the outright crying of grown men on a fishing discussion board, I have noticed absolutely no difference from now and the Trump era. Maybe I will buy stock in Kleenex or possibly cheese to go alone with all of the whine.
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2076
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 13:14:59 (permalink)
https://qz.com/1961619/what-roadblocks-does-the-electric-car-face/

An interesting read, and kind of highlights one of the major problems I had with the electric cars in general... not just battery life (as in miles capable between charges) but true battery life and what to do with them after... there just needs to be some more oversight in place or we will again face horrible environmental issues at the hands of irresponsible or just plain corrupt big business who don't care as long as they get their money now. 
Anyone remember acid creeks and hundreds of acres of destroyed property left behind by irresponsible and greedy coal companies or the Love Canal disaster created when a big chemical company simply 'buried their problem' and left it for other generations to clean up? 
 I whole heartedly support finding better ways, and cleaner energy... but it needs closely watched or it will have a very ugly underbelly which will again be the 'can kicked down the road' for future generations to try to repair.  Big business cries about over-regulation and EPA rules being suffocating, but those rules only exist because it has been proven time and time and time again that businesses can't be trusted to do right for environmental concerns when there is an extra buck to be earned. 

So absolutely support the development of alternatives, but it has to be part of a big picture which includes answers for what to do in 5, 10 or even 20 yrs down the road...not just viewed through "everything green is golden" variant of the old rose colored glasses. 
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 13:26:29 (permalink)
Porktown
Besides the outright crying of grown men on a fishing discussion board, I have noticed absolutely no difference from now and the Trump era. Maybe I will buy stock in Kleenex or possibly cheese to go alone with all of the whine.

Yep. Between the god king being gone, and (I'm stereotyping here) Rural outdoors men who are over 50 and threatened by LGTBQ, Kleenex and Cheese would be good investments. 
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 769
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 13:45:33 (permalink)
Porktown
ICE NUT
Is Joe Biden the POTUS responsible for how the national guard were discarded to a cold parking garage to rest and sleep ? I mean he is the man now so he gets the blame right? Thanks guys but we don't want you in our fancy capitol penthouse any longer your not needed. The guard members said they felt betrayed. Ash Joe how he and obo helped the Bengazi folks out.

When were those troops deployed and sleeping in a cold parking garage?  Not sure if a President Elect has any say...  Another example of a LOSER acting like a LOSER.  Thanks for pointing it out though.

The troops were forced into the parking garage on Thursday; 5000 of them, anyway. They were left with a single Port'a'john for all. Florida and Texas issued a recall of troops immediately, followed later by other states. 

Illinois Senator****Durbin stated that the order came from someone in the Senate; others stated the order came from Pelosi. BTW, Pelosi is in charge of all security on Capital grounds, just as she was in charge of protecting the Capital Building, when they already knew days before that there was going to be trouble. She did nothing. At any rate, I don't think ya can blame Joe for this fiasco. Still, it is a given that the Democrat Party has little time for the military, except for getting us involved in situations where they and their friends in the Military Industrial Complex can make some big bucks. You have to go along to be a Swamp Dweller!

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3497
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 13:56:01 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Porktown

Yep. Between the god king being gone, and (I'm stereotyping here) Rural outdoors men who are over 50 and threatened by LGTBQ, Kleenex and Cheese would be good investments. 

So you think this should be one of the top priorities right now?

And you have no problem with a boy/man throwing on a dress and some lipstick and competing head to head against girls/women in female only sports, and potentially shattering all records and dominating all events..?  If not, liberals are more mentally ill than I originally thought....scary stuff.
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 769
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 14:11:39 (permalink)
Fisherlady2
https://qz.com/1961619/what-roadblocks-does-the-electric-car-face/

An interesting read, and kind of highlights one of the major problems I had with the electric cars in general... not just battery life (as in miles capable between charges) but true battery life and what to do with them after... there just needs to be some more oversight in place or we will again face horrible environmental issues at the hands of irresponsible or just plain corrupt big business who don't care as long as they get their money now. 
Anyone remember acid creeks and hundreds of acres of destroyed property left behind by irresponsible and greedy coal companies or the Love Canal disaster created when a big chemical company simply 'buried their problem' and left it for other generations to clean up? 
 I whole heartedly support finding better ways, and cleaner energy... but it needs closely watched or it will have a very ugly underbelly which will again be the 'can kicked down the road' for future generations to try to repair.  Big business cries about over-regulation and EPA rules being suffocating, but those rules only exist because it has been proven time and time and time again that businesses can't be trusted to do right for environmental concerns when there is an extra buck to be earned.  

Can't speak for the other manufacturers, but the battery in a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is warranted for 10 years. It is lithium ion, (remember the Chevy Volt burnin' peoples garages down?), weighs hundreds of pounds and is located in the floor in the center of the vehicle. A full charge is good for only 36 miles, whereas the gasoline engine will fire and you can continue your trip. You can buy one of these (fully loaded) for less money than the gas car of equal build because the Fed will give you a $7500 credit and the Commonwealth an additional $2500.
What will happen to the batteries after 10 years? And what if the battery dies, but the vehicle is still in good shape but the price of a replacement battery is more than the car is worth? Who knows.
I do remember Love Canal and those other places you mentioned. I live 10 miles from Apollo, Pa. and Vandergrift, Pa., where NUMEC (Nuclear Materials & Equipment Corporation), (later bought out by Babcock & Wilcox), where they buried radioactive garbage in two different sites. Clean up has been going on, along with lawsuits, (as hundreds in proximity to these sites have died of cancer), for 40 years or more. My older brother worked there. He's 72 and still alive, but he's had three different types of cancer since he left there in'70. The government let them get away with illegal dumping of lethal waste, and now they're still fightin' over who's responsible for payin' for the clean up. We can't leave crap like this to our grandkids.

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3497
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 14:26:07 (permalink)
Biden wasting no time raising prices for several medicines.....

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/83900/pharma-biden-freezes-trumps-lower-cost-insulin-and-epinephrine-rule

Big pharma is smiling big right now. The big three insulin producers are Eli Lilly and Company, Novo Nordisk A/S, and Sanofi S.A., in which they dominate more than 90% of the world insulin market by value. After swearing-in, U.S. President Joe Biden’s HHS froze the Trump administration’s December 2020 drug policy that mandates community health centers to pass on all their insulin and epinephrine discount savings to patients.

The rule was finalized in late December 2020. The drug rule was put in place to benefit patients who have a hard time paying for expensive insulin and allergy medication. Former President Trump campaigned on lowering the price of important pharmaceutical drugs like insulin, which is used to treat diabetes, and epinephrine. Diabetes afflicts over a quarter of Medicare beneficiaries and drives billions in Medicare spending every year. More than 20 million Americans have diabetes, in which the body fails to properly use sugar from food due to insufficient insulin, a hormone produced in the pancreas.

Big Pharma Hated Trump

Trump’s “most favored nation” law seeks to lower prices in Medicare by linking the costs of certain medicines to cheaper prices in other developed countries. People often complain of buying the same drug in the U.S., when the price in Canada and Mexico are far cheaper. Obviously, the pharmaceutical industry strongly opposed the measure, arguing it would bring foreign price controls to the U.S. healthcare system and limit access. Groups including the Association of Community Cancer Centers and the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America sued to block the rule. In December 2020, U.S. District Judge Catherine Blake issued a nationwide injunction on Trump’s “most favored nation” drug pricing rule that would tie Medicare Part B drug prices to those paid in other wealthy countries starting January 1, 2021. The Trump administration also removed the gag clauses that prevented pharmacists from telling patients how to buy less expensive drugs. Apparently, pharmacists could not talk to patients about how to buy drugs.

Seema Verma, the former U.S. Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, wrote in an op-ed in October 2020, “This year, President Trump struck a deal –known as the Part D Senior Savings Model – with pharmaceutical manufacturers and plans that will provide many Medicare beneficiaries access to a broad set of insulins at a maximum $35 copay for a month’s prescription. We are encouraging beneficiaries to see if a participating plan that includes their insulin is right for them during Medicare Open Enrollment, which begins October 15.

This initiative could save the over 1.3 million seniors who rely on Medicare Part D plans and use insulin, an average of $446, or 66 percent, a year on their insulin costs. For those whose health, and even lives, depend on insulin, the savings will be nothing short of a godsend.”

Politics

In the 2020 election cycle, Eli Lilly (the largest U.S. maker of insulin), through entities and members, gave US$ 138,880 to Joe Biden vs. zero to Donald Trump. However, Senator Mitch McConnell got US$ 48,493, according to The Center for Responsive Politics.

West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin’s daughter Heather Bresch is the CEO of Mylan. Mylan manufactures the EpiPen, which is a life-saving device. In 2016, there was a scandal in which Mylan jacked up the price of the EpiPen 400%. EpiPens were about US$ 57 when Mylan acquired it. The EpiPen has been around since 1977.

Eli Lilly

Some of the largest institutional investors in Eli Lilly, a major maker of insulin include, the Lilly Endowment Inc. (holds 111,132,343 shares), Vanguard Group, BlackRock Inc., Primecap Management, State Street Corporation, and Fidelity Management & Research (FMR LLC). Some of the new hedge fund investors in Eli Lilly from September 30, 2020 filings, include Point72 Asset Management, L.P., GQG Partners LLC, and Sirios Capital Management LP. Lilly Endowment, headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, is one of the world’s largest private philanthropic foundations and among the largest endowments in the United States.

Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM), the manager of Norway Government Pension Fund Global, is a top 10 investor of both Sanofi and Novo Nordisk stock.

In a recent Eli Lilly 10-Q, “On July 24, 2020 and September 13, 2020, U.S. President Donald Trump signed Executive Orders related to the 340B Prescription Drug Program, rebate reform in Medicare Part D, drug importation including insulin, and foreign reference pricing in Medicare Part B and Part D. If implemented, these Executive Orders could have a material adverse impact on our future consolidated results of operations, liquidity, and financial position. On September 1, 2020, Lilly announced it would distribute all 340B ceiling priced products directly to covered entities and their child sites only. Lilly provides 340B discounts to a contract pharmacy only if it is a wholly owned subsidiary of a covered entity, if a covered entity does not have an in-house pharmacy or, in the case of insulin, if the subject covered entity and its contract pharmacies agree to pass along the discount to patients without any markup for dispensing fees and without billing insurance or collecting duplicate discounts. Lilly has been transparent with regulators on its distribution activity and continues to comply with all 340B program requirements. Certain covered entities and their trade associations have threatened litigation, questioning whether Lilly’s program, and similar actions by other manufacturers, violate 340B program requirements. On October 9, 2020, three covered entities sued the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Health Resources and Services Administration seeking to compel the agencies to take enforcement action against Lilly and three other companies, among other requested relief. On October 21, 2020, a trade association representing certain covered entities sued HHS seeking to compel the agency to promulgate administrative dispute resolution regulations. The cases are pending and the impact of these cases and any subsequent litigation is uncertain.”
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 14:30:11 (permalink)
Why the talk about men playing women’s sports? I’m missing something. Is Rush Limbaugh talking about it or something?
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2514
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 16:30:05 (permalink)
One of Uncle Joes new  mainstream  executive orders is for transgenders  to participate in womens sports.

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1213
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 17:37:17 (permalink)
Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 17:56:17 (permalink)
r3g3
One of Uncle Joes new  mainstream  executive orders is for transgenders  to participate in womens sports.

Thanks. I’ll have to read them.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2885
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 18:06:17 (permalink)

DeadGator401
Avid Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 19:10:07 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
DeadGator401
Porktown

So you think this should be one of the top priorities right now?

And you have no problem with a boy/man throwing on a dress and some lipstick and competing head to head against girls/women in female only sports, and potentially shattering all records and dominating all events..?  If not, liberals are more mentally ill than I originally thought....scary stuff.

So let's clarify this one: I mention buying Kleenex and the threat people feel of that which they don't understand, and it's met with "OhH So YoU ThInK tHiS is a ToP PriOrIty?"

If I think something is worth stating, I usually say it.

There's over 400,000 people dead and millions and millions of Americans have been jebaited into believing a false prophets lies. I cannot state this enough - I emphatically do not care in any capacity about Trans people participating in sports. I don't care.

The tears we're seeing on this board now though? Absolutely hilarious. We went for months (for me at least, years for others) of pure arrogance and devout worship of Trump. Attacking anything that could be be seen as a slight against Trump. Hell, there were multiple accusations of being paid agents working for the Democrats against many members of this board, myself included because we weren't on that train.

In 3 days - that arrogance has been relegated to whining about Sports, and moaning about the qualifications of Harvard Graduates. 
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2588
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 19:39:07 (permalink)
And the world keeps spinning right round, baby right round. Like a record player right round , round round.
Reel Fin Addict
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 21:24:59 (permalink)
Beijing puppet Joe with his executive orders manage to lay off thousand of middle class workers try to impeach a president that is not in office no fracking on federal ground Paris climate accord there goes are energy independent military sleeping in parking garage immigrants coming to town to take middle class jobs free hospitalization and more all in 3 days. Let’s Unite America. Might need more money to retire. Just saying.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 272
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 21:42:12 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
Why the talk about men playing women’s sports? I’m missing something. Is Rush Limbaugh talking about it or something?

any school that receives federal funding - most public middle and high schools - must allow males who identify as females (and vice versa) to participate on whichever sports teams they want. there’s an article somewhere out there about the connecticut state girls’ track meet recently where two boys ran as girls in sprints and dominated. sounds innocent enough, until your daughter is the one who’s injured by a bigger, stronger faster boy in a contact sport or loses a college scholarship to a biological male.

many organizations that have worked hard for decades to ensure equity in women’s sports are furious about this. so it just ain’t an old white man issue (and i know you’re not the one who said that).

it also applies to public school locker rooms and bathrooms for schools that receive federal funding. you’ve talked before on here about having a having a daughter. would you have wanted guys changing in the locker room with her for gym class when she was in middle school or high school?

pretty much any dude that says, “hey, i identify as a girl,” must be accommodated, even without medical documentation.

remains to be seen what the penalties would be for non compliance but would probably include a loss of federal funding.
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 978
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 21:59:51 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Biden wasting no time raising prices for several medicines.....

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/83900/pharma-biden-freezes-trumps-lower-cost-insulin-and-epinephrine-rule

The Biden administration delayed the effective date of this rule until March. It has not reversed it altogether. This kind of regulatory pause is not unusual. The incoming administration has paused all of the last minute stuff that Trump did.

https://news.bloomberglaw...-to-biden-60-day-pause

Here’s a question for you tho: Why did Trump wait so long to do something about drug prices? He did this at the 11th hour, practically as he was walking out the door, why didn’t he do something on day 1?
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 22:19:25 (permalink)
snagr
it also applies to public school locker rooms and bathrooms for schools that receive federal funding. you’ve talked before on here about having a having a daughter. would you have wanted guys changing in the locker room with her for gym class when she was in middle school or high school?

And there you have it. After 4 years of Trump bullshiit, the very same people who brushed off 400,000 dead Americans and pretended a global pandemic was a hoax are now back to scare mongering about bathrooms.

You people are so predictable.
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 22:48:50 (permalink)
snagr
Irisheyeball

any school that receives federal funding - most public middle and high schools - must allow males who identify as females (and vice versa) to participate on whichever sports teams they want. there’s an article somewhere out there about the connecticut state girls’ track meet recently where two boys ran as girls in sprints and dominated. sounds innocent enough, until your daughter is the one who’s injured by a bigger, stronger faster boy in a contact sport or loses a college scholarship to a biological male.

many organizations that have worked hard for decades to ensure equity in women’s sports are furious about this. so it just ain’t an old white man issue (and i know you’re not the one who said that).

pretty much any dude that says, “hey, i identify as a girl,” must be accommodated, even without medical documentation.

remains to be seen what the penalties would be for non compliance but would probably include a loss of federal funding.

For clarity's sake - my comments earlier said Rural outdoorsmen. I wasn't referring to this whole Trans discussion about School sports - my points were driven by the posts about Dr. Levine in the "Just wondering thread". Seems I got my wires crossed on the two threads. 
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 23:16:14 (permalink)
MyWar
snagr

And there you have it. After 4 years of Trump bullshiit, the very same people who brushed off 400,000 dead Americans and pretended a global pandemic was a hoax are now back to scare mongering about bathrooms.

boy I sure have missed your hysterics and hyperbole 😘

everything in my post about the e.o. is factual. when did reporting facts become fear mongering?

irish, and any other guys with kids who are so inclined, seem to be fully capable of answering for themselves whether they feel this is good policy.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/23 23:21:25 (permalink)
DeadGator401
For clarity's sake - my comments earlier said Rural outdoorsmen. I wasn't referring to this whole Trans discussion about School sports - my points were driven by the posts about Dr. Levine in the "Just wondering thread". Seems I got my wires crossed on the two threads. 

👍🏻
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/24 00:07:57 (permalink)
Let me tell you what I think about this EO...it’s nothing to get excited about. It actually doesn’t create obligations or requirements that aren’t already on the books. Keep in mind what the purpose and scope of an EO is: it’s to provide policy guidance to FEDERAL Departments and agencies. It doesn’t purport to tell states, local governments or schools what to do. It’s telling Federal agencies what is expected of them and what the priorities of the new administration are going to be. Want to know what enforcement of civil rights laws in public schools under the Biden administration is going to look like with respect to accommodating transexual or “non-binary” individuals? Ask R3’s friend, Miguel Cardona. I trust that local officials are fully capable of making reasonable accommodations for those examples that do emerge.

I guess this matter receives more than it’s fair share of media coverage due to the perception of salaciousness. I think that’s unfortunate and sad. It’s my belief that nobody chooses to be homosexual or transexual or to born intersexed. They just are. Why should an expression by the President supporting the equal protection of such Americans under the law be controversial? Again, the laws are already on the books.

One more thing I believe: our society need not be viewed as a zero sum game. The fact that somebody has their rights reinforced does not mean that somebody else’s are diminished.
post edited by Irisheyeball - 2021/01/24 00:11:37
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2588
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/24 09:43:26 (permalink)
snagr
MyWar
snagr

everything in my post about the e.o. is factual. when did reporting facts become fear mongering?

irish, and any other guys with kids who are so inclined, seem to be fully capable of answering for themselves whether they feel this is good policy.

It definetly doesn't bother us or my kids as it much as it does others. Our district has 2 trans students and atleast a half dozen LBGTQ students. My girls are friends with almost all of them. These are good kids, respectful and very smart. Its a shame some can't see past their personal choices. My oldest is on the varsity wrestling team and before that she, and her youngest sister trained and competed jiu jitsu for years. Most times, they had to face boys and did very very well. Did we pitch a fit, and cry foul? Never. It is what it is. My middle girl swims. She jumps in the pool and swims against the clock, not anyone else. In swim, your times are what they are. As far as the locker room situation, a male that identifies as female isn't looking to molest anyone. They aren't even attracted to females. That's what makes them trans. I would guess that a female that identifies as male, has a much harder time in a locker room setting. With bullying or worse, assault. Saying a transgender person has an unfair advantage is kind of a hollow claim. If anything they are disadvantaged. Having to worry about verbal abuse and worse, just because of personal choice, is no way to go through life. Heck in some countries they kill people of the LGBTQ communities. Is that where we are going?
post edited by pensfan1 - 2021/01/24 13:18:19
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2885
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/24 12:53:42 (permalink)
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/24 14:25:02 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
Let me tell you what I think about this EO...it’s nothing to get excited about. It actually doesn’t create obligations or requirements that aren’t already on the books. Keep in mind what the purpose and scope of an EO is: it’s to provide policy guidance to FEDERAL Departments and agencies. It doesn’t purport to tell states, local governments or schools what to do. It’s telling Federal agencies what is expected of them and what the priorities of the new administration are going to be. Want to know what enforcement of civil rights laws in public schools under the Biden administration is going to look like with respect to accommodating transexual or “non-binary” individuals? Ask R3’s friend, Miguel Cardona. I trust that local officials are fully capable of making reasonable accommodations for those examples that do emerge.

good explanation irish.  

i'd quibble a bit in thinking that it will eventually create obligations or requirements that aren't already on the books at state and local levels.  there are already questions about some states (idaho i think is an example i read about recently) that have state regulations for middle school and high school sports participation according to biological sex, and whether these regulations will be allowed to stand.  

in most of the post secondary educational world, you're right in that these guidelines are mostly already in place.  the olympics and some international sports bodies have guidelines that must be met (i.e. - hormone suppression, reassignment surgery, etc) in order for biological males to compete with females.  

Irisheyeball
One more thing I believe: our society need not be viewed as a zero sum game. The fact that somebody has their rights reinforced does not mean that somebody else’s are diminished.

a noble goal for sure when it is equitably applied across the vast spectrum of world views and political/social thought and commentary that are represented in this country.  

there was a similar (maybe almost exactly the same) e.o. that obama issued late in his second term that trump overturned early in his presidency, and it wasn't the boogeyman many thought it might be. will be interesting to see how this one unfolds over the next 4 years.  i have my concerns about it as federal policy at the secondary school level (not just in regards to sports) but time will tell.  
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/24 14:47:52 (permalink)
pensfan1
It definetly doesn't bother us or my kids as it much as it does others. Our district has 2 trans students and atleast a half dozen LBGTQ students. My girls are friends with almost all of them. These are good kids, respectful and very smart. Its a shame some can't see past their personal choices. My oldest is on the varsity wrestling team and before that she, and her youngest sister trained and competed jiu jitsu for years. Most times, they had to face boys and did very very well. Did we pitch a fit, and cry foul? Never. It is what it is. My middle girl swims. She jumps in the pool and swims against the clock, not anyone else. In swim, your times are what they are. As far as the locker room situation, a male that identifies as female isn't looking to molest anyone. They aren't even attracted to females. That's what makes them trans. I would guess that a female that identifies as male, has a much harder time in a locker room setting. With bullying or worse, assault. Saying a transgender person has an unfair advantage is kind of a hollow claim. If anything they are disadvantaged. Having to worry about verbal abuse and worse, just because of personal choice, is no way to go through life. Heck in some countries they kill people of the LGBTQ communities. Is that where we are going?

girls that train in jiu jitsu are probably pretty bad**** anyway and not afraid of much.  haha.

i'm sure they've learned a lot about mutual respect and perseverance through learning that discipline.  and it's good for them to serve as an example to their peers on how to treat others with respect.  

i do think it's a little different for your girls, and you as a parent, to have your girls choose to compete with boys in certain sports knowing that that's what would be required before hand, and being made to compete against boys in a sport designated as a girls team, especially in contact sports.  i think there are definitely physical advantages.  the 8th grade boys basketball team at our school would crush the girls varsity.  but i think you raise a good point that the mental and emotional challenges for a trans student could certainly diminish the ability to physically perform at a high level.  

your kids' school situation, and the situation for my kids sounds pretty similar. there are LGBTQ students in our district too (and probably every district around), and they are for the most part well respected and liked by other students.  at least what my kids tell me.  though i'm sure there is a dark side to that that a lot of folks don't see or understand.  

i don't think we are headed, or were headed even under trump, to a place where LGBTQ people are murdered or assaulted by the authorities, or the authorities/government turn a blind eye to it when done by individuals.  we've got pretty robust hate crimes statutes that are used to prosecute more harshly the people that do those things on the basis of sexual identity and/or preference.  i mean i don't really look for that kind of stuff in news and commentary, but it feels like it's been quite a long time since there's been a case like that that garnered much attention.  

like i said in my reply to irish, might turn out to be much ado about nothing.  i have concerns about some of it, but am willing to be proven wrong.  

thanks for sharing your thoughts.  
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/25 07:21:27 (permalink)
snagr
MyWar
snagr

What exactly is it that you and Tucker Carlson are afraid of?

Are you afraid of teenage boys pretending to be trans so they can sneak into ladies bathrooms? Are you envisioning some kind of scenario where a high school kid lies about being transgender, inviting mass embarrassment and ridicule from their peers that would come with it, just so they can change in the girls locker room?

Or are you afraid of the trans people themselves? Do you think these people are some kind of predators that are going to preying on your teenage daughters? What exactly do you think they are going to do?
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/25 11:21:54 (permalink)
MyWar

What exactly is it that you and Tucker Carlson are afraid of?

Are you afraid of teenage boys pretending to be trans so they can sneak into ladies bathrooms? Are you envisioning some kind of scenario where a high school kid lies about being transgender, inviting mass embarrassment and ridicule from their peers that would come with it, just so they can change in the girls locker room?

Or are you afraid of the trans people themselves? Do you think these people are some kind of predators that are going to preying on your teenage daughters? What exactly do you think they are going to do?

dunno what tucker carlson might be afraid of.  i've never watched his show, don't follow him on social media, don't read or watch fox news, or any other news outlet for that matter.  

maybe you can fill me in on what i'm supposed to be afraid of.

why do you assume the concerns i have about the policy are rooted in fear?  

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2828
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/25 12:29:35 (permalink)
Irisheyeball

I guess this matter receives more than it’s fair share of media coverage due to the perception of salaciousness. I think that’s unfortunate and sad. It’s my belief that nobody chooses to be homosexual or transexual or to born intersexed. They just are. Why should an expression by the President supporting the equal protection of such Americans under the law be controversial? Again, the laws are already on the books.

Well stated Irish.  Having school aged children myself I'm well aware that they view ideas of sexuality and gender roles in a wholly different way than even my Generation X does.  The fact that sexuality is a "nature" issue and not a "nurture" one is evident and not even really a discussion for the majority of teenagers that I come in contact with.  

Having said that, it  doesn't mean that all teens nowadays are accepting and normalizing of all the gender issues.  They aren't.  They never will be.  Humans are humans and if there is a weakness or perceived or real eccentricity then it will be exploited by some.  Schools are in a precarious situation with civil rights concerning this issue.  I don't envy any school board or administration who has to make decisions in this realm.  It is very difficult. However, it seems as though reason prevails in most instances as kids who are transgender also generally want to take the path of least resistance concerning issues that arise.  Who could blame them.  Therefore, deals are struck and reasonable accommodations are made.  

The question of gender becomes almost philosophical in its scope when applied to the founding documents and the 1964 Civil Rights Act.  It is a massive question with no clear easy answer considering the diversity of populations in this country.  Being a coach, I do completely understand that the PIAA will have to make competition guidelines that clarify, in a fair and consistent manner, how transgender students are to be designated.  As a parent and coach I will be upset if students with high levels of testosterone in their systems, because they are biologically male, are allowed to compete as females.  

I don't know what the answer is but we're on our way to finding it.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7818
Re: Joe Biden 2021/01/25 12:43:38 (permalink)
From what I have read about this, the Biden EO has no policy. It is to research and set a policy that will not discriminate these kids. We will see what that policy is, then determine if it is fair or not. The NCAA and the IOC each have their own policies. Not knowing the science behind testosterone and other muscle groups, etc., I can’t say if their policies are good/bad, but seem fair of testing testosterone and must stay under a certain level as well as be a certain time after they have undergone their hormone therapies. Again, I don’t know the science, so would hope during this policy research period, they are able to provide the public details. The EO itself, to me is a good thing to address the issue. I’m not sure this is really the most pressing issue out there, but as a father of a female athlete, I have some interest in seeing what the policy is. I would hope that the policy does address the real concerns of girls having to deal with boys that have went through puberty that have gained “men” muscle mass. Prior to puberty, many girls are just as good/better than the top boys as kids seem to have similar muscle development regardless of gender (not scientific, just by observation). Puberty for females helps with muscle mass but nowhere near that of male puberty. If therapy is started prior to puberty, it is completely different than after.
Page: << < ..2122232425 > Showing page 23 of 25
Jump to: