Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
2020/03/26 15:47:51 (permalink)

Wish me luck part 2

Well I knew it was a matter of time. I had a direct exposure yesterday and found out today. There will be no restrictions except wearing a non 95 mask until when and if I start showing symptoms per the hospital or 14 days whichever comes first
post edited by Clint S - 2020/07/20 19:44:46

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

31 Replies Related Threads

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/26 16:21:31 (permalink)
    I can only imagine your concerns and pray it will miss you.... 
    fichy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1896
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/26 16:43:13 (permalink)
    All that farm work will help you if you do get it, Clint. I'm wishing you a lot more than luck.  
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/26 17:19:47 (permalink)
    Godspeed with your recovery Clint.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4891
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/26 18:28:06 (permalink)
    Best of luck Clint.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/26 21:13:23 (permalink)

good luck with that Clint- Exposure doesn't mean you will get it.
    Likely many of us have been unknowingly exposed by now.
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/26 21:35:00 (permalink)
    Thanks everyone, my hopes are high I do not pick it up, but what about the next time and next time. I am on the front line caring for the sick every day at work. I will need alot of hand washing , good genetics and some blind luck too.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

troutbum21
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1301
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/27 09:14:03 (permalink)
    Clint, I hope and pray your guardian angels keep you from harms way during this dangerous time.  
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 07:41:38 (permalink)
    Clint I hope this shall pass quickly and you are ok.
    I can't say if I'm correct by the laws mandate by the governor as they change daily but I don't really think having no restrictions other than wearing a mask is correct.
    I know at least where I'm working we must fill out a paper every day asking if we've knowingly have or have been in direct contact with someone who has the virus.
    If yes to either, you MUST self quarantine for at least 14 days. After the 14 days and no symptoms, you MUST have a test negative before allowed to return to work.

I'm pretty sure our county is also mandating that same restrictions and subject to civil penalties if you don't adhere to the 14 day quarantine. I don't think your allowed to be out in the public, even with ppe.

Now since you're in the medical field, your exposure is pretty much guaranteed so the rules most likely apply differently to those .

Good luck man

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 10:16:02 (permalink)
    Working in the state hospital I am privy to all the latest and greatest mandates as soon as they roll off the press. My exposure was being in the same room as them. At this point as of yesterday per the hospital EVERY patient and worker must wear surgical masks. The prior was anyone with this in room exposure was surgical mask for 14 days. I will not be tested unless I show symptoms. We are diligent with our precautions and I was not coughed or sneezed on. That's what they say so that's what I do. I have a strong suspicion that my nieces had this as does her primary in February she had every symptoms associated and has recovered fully. She had fever, back pain, sore throat and cough with breathing difficulty that did not respond to steroids. I was exposed to her several times. I also had a cold shortly after. Maybe I had it already. I only go to work and back I should be having symptoms by now as I saw this patient over a week ago too.

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 11:09:49 (permalink)
    Honestly, I feel so many have or had this virus, including myself. We are exposed to public no matter what you do. How extreme it becomes is really based on the individual.
    I truly try to restrict my involvement with the people who are most vulnerable to serious problems as this is a contagious virus. I can' say I cant stay confined to my own house and property as life things just don't allow that when I'm not sick.
    What really strikes a nerve is those that go out in public wearing masks and nitrile gloves now. I'm sorry but it's to little, to late and a sign of fear imo. I really can't live my life that way. If I'm sick, I'll stay home.
    If I need to go out in public with a mask and gloves, then I shouldn't be going out in public. I will abide by government mandates towards a state of emergency.
    I'm very concerned about how society will function in the aftermath.

Far off topic but those who remember AIDS will understand that it totally changed our society for about 20 years. Mostly out of fears.

Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 11:16:13 (permalink)
    Swear I had it beginning of December lasted 3 weeks before it left up..sweated the first 2 days, aches, dry cough, just felt sluggish.

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    r3g3
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 11:46:41 (permalink)
    Same here MAN- on the Cruise ship in mid Feb had the fever and sore throat and couldn't breathe- called for medics at 1;30 am.
    Have COPD and Asthma and am prone to bronchitis so am experienced with these issues.
    NEVER get the fever and sore throat though so this was different.
    Passed the flu test so that was out.

Had about 3 to 4 dozen nebulizer treatments as well as antibiotics- x ray said  a lung infection believed to be bronchitis.--had just got over  bronchitis before the trip- coulda came back coulda been something different I know I thought I had 19 because of the different symptoms.

Got marginally better and upon getting home my DR put me on VERY strong antibiotics-- got better.
    It took about 3 weeks to get back to my norm- never takes that long.
    Wife got it soon after we got home and she too went on antibiotics and got better.

Yes, there are lots of things out there that are similar and in this atmosphere we all think of 19 first--but ya gotta wonder as so many get it and get over it without too much notice.

Had left  for the Cruise out of NY first of Feb when the 19 was just starting -- knew what we know now  woulda stayed home.
    post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/28 16:34:00
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 12:53:54 (permalink)
    Mountian Man
    Swear I had it beginning of December lasted 3 weeks before it left up..sweated the first 2 days, aches, dry cough, just felt sluggish.

MM we have a niece living south of the "burgh" who missed celebrating the holidays with family muup north because she was concerned with just how sick she was.

Does make one wonder.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 16:08:02 (permalink)
    It's a virus, like many. It hits hard to many which causes concern to everyone.
    My personal thoughts are if your concerned now, your to late.
    This thing hit us over 2 months ago, more than 60 days ago. I seen it coming with the stockouts of ppe for working Americans back then.
    So many have it already, knowingly or not I'm not sure how after all this time some think they can shelter themselves from it.

If the USA truly wants to put a handle on it , then real hardline measures must take place.
    So far imo its just been very disruptive measures and hitting certain people financially while others go about their business.
    The roads were filled with cars today, the stores were as well.
    post edited by hot tuna - 2020/03/28 16:10:54

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 16:36:20 (permalink)
    Pres is considering smething more stringent for NY NJ and Ct. as people running from these areas seem to be spreading it.
    In RI the SP are stopping Ny cars on the highway and sending the Guard house to house for NY transplants.
    Trying to make the Ny ers shelter in place for 14 days-
    yea right   they likely immediately go  a crowded food store to stock up and spread their germs.
    Kinda agree on the more stringent thingie as one living in 'da zone'.

Every single grocery store and big box store ya drive past is packed with cars since this started.
    No way folks aren't stocked  up yet- they are clearly NOT paying attention AND DOING THINGS THAT SPREAD THE 19.

The press will go nuts and the lawyers are gonna be wacko on this one.
    Personally all I want- like everyone else - is to have as much protection as possible.
    Never ever thought we would see something like this-----------
    post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/28 16:49:32
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/03/28 19:13:20 (permalink)
    Alabama just extended it's orders and included places of gather that have been open.

All public beaches are now to remain closed until April 17th and public swimming pools are now closed as well.

Food services remain the same as does essential businesses.

If the FDA approves the use of hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin for treatment of Covid-19, the same people hoarding in the supermarkets will be the first people inline **** they can't get their treatment because they didn't get tested because they had no or the wrong symptoms.

The hoarders won't care if they need it or even care that the meds would be wasted, they don't care those that do need it wouldn't get it, the hoarders just want it.

In times like this, a protocol from testing to treatment must be established and then followed.

I wonder, the holdup by the FDA to approve this drug. Could it be a stall to assure production, to cover all future cases with only the most severe cases now having access, to a limited supply?

New York is said to be the newest state, now testing the drug on a limited bases.
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/28 19:16:45

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/04 08:02:54 (permalink)
    Yesterday our company had a mass layoff.
    Out of 155 people who work there 130 were laid off.
    I'm #8 on seniority and had the option of staying or taking layoff. I chose to stay, for now.
    My job has totally changed and I also have the option of taking layoff at anytime if I want.
    This is a temporary layoff and hopefully things will get back to normal by June.
    I'm going to see how things go next week there and if it no good then I may exercise my layoff right.

Stay safe folks

Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/04 09:46:18 (permalink)
    Well it has been 10 days so I am clear for now. Still feeling good. They come through every day counting supplies and oxygen ports.

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/04 10:12:57 (permalink)
    Good luck HT, one can only pray the situation is short lived and we can soon start returning to normal.

Update: hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin continues to show promise in both treating and as a preventitive of Covid19.

Michigan reversed orders banning use of hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin as a treatment. New York however maintains persons infected with Covid19 must be treated with hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin in a hospital. Although, those being treated with hydroxychloroquine for Lupus & rheumatoid arthritus may continue their normal regiment at home.

Would I be dvs in thinking Coumo wants (needs) to fill all those hospital beds he's been clambering about?

Also, maybe a "slip of the lip" by a talking head on TV but supposedly the CDC & FDA is/was stalling the approval of hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin for Covid19 treatment because of supply and demand.

CDC & FDA wants to assure those persons needing thes drugs for other treatments would not run short.

These drugs have been in "long term" use for years and easily produced in quantity. Would I be dvs in thinking the very agency(s) responsible for the health and welfare of US citizens is now in CYA mode.

Be well everyone, think positive, better days are coming.
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/04 10:17:05

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/04 10:58:11 (permalink)
    Welll guess they better start producing them by the millions because the instant they say its ok to take them every one of us will  be on the phone to our Doctor for a script.
    Think that's the real holdup.
    post edited by r3g3 - 2020/04/04 10:59:50
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/04 11:49:08 (permalink)
    r3 production has increased because doctors are prescribing the meds upon patients request.

Following the supply and demand trail Texas, Ohio, South (?) Carolina were first to stock up followed by Louisiana, New York and now a reversal of "do not prescribe" in Michigan.

There may even be more states climbing on board by now even though, last I knew, the FDA & CDC does not approve hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin for use to treat Covid-19.

Dam I sleep sooo well at night knowing the CDC/FDA/WHO cares about my well being.

Be well neighbor.
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/04 11:50:30

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/18 16:51:50 (permalink)
    I'm sorry friends and folks but with the enactment of mandatory face covering we here are on complete and total lockdown at our place for at least next 2 weeks.
    We will not be accepting visitors, friends or going to public places for the next 2 weeks.
    We are in a total lockdown now here on my property.
    Only family members are allowed. Our family members will not be wearing face covering so that is our reasoning.
    That is not acceptable in our lifestyle and if it is a society's ideas then we can't be part of society.
    I truly apologize but it is what's being beyond my control from big brother. We here will just avoid all public involvement institutions mandates, including going into public with a face covering. There is no reason for us to go to a market for quite some time.
    I will fill my thermos every morning before work and use a card at pump if I need gas
    post edited by hot tuna - 2020/04/18 17:41:56

twobob
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/26 16:44:55 (permalink)
    Hope everyone has weathered this well.
    Best wishes to you Clint. 

Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/26 18:54:25 (permalink)
    Well so far so good for me. I have been exposed multiple times with no symptoms yet. We should be getting antibodie tests soon to determine if vfc we ever had it and then we can donate plasma for treatment if needed. I continue to be diligent.

twobob
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/04/27 05:21:23 (permalink)
    Glad to hear Clint!

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/06/14 20:28:46 (permalink)
    If only we were so intelligent to write these many stories.
    Hard times here.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/07/20 19:49:09 (permalink)
    Well another direct expose last week . They let me know today. Should be ok as we were both wearing masks, but who knows. Hospital policy is to continue to work unless I have symptoms. I can get a test if I want but will opt to not to unless I get symptoms. It's been 5 days so 9 more until I can breath wasy

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/07/20 20:15:13 (permalink)
    Wow, I'm really surprised at your hospital policy. Any exposure without full ppe, gown, gloves , faceshield here is automatically sent home and quarantine until tested negative to return to duty.
    Even our cement plant sent the hospital workers husband home for possible contact and can't return to work until tested negative or 14 days.

Good luck

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    Re: Wish me luck 2020/07/21 11:18:51 (permalink)
    Agree with Rich on the 14 day exposure rule - seems to be kinda universal unless they thought your exposure was very minimal.
    The ones I worry about are those ya dont know about when shopping or getting gas and things where ya never know who walked past and what they have or dont have..
    As a retiree am kind of lucky and can pretty much be a hermit except for necessities.

Wifey had the test last week- negative

Am still contemplating the 'you already had it' test.
    Seems I gotta go get a Doctors slip and then go to a nearby facility for it - with an appointment -and pay around a hundred bucks- besides the Dr visit fees.
    Worth it??
    Might do it at some point just to know-am bout 70/30 that I had it last Feb.
    ( that wayyyy better than my admitted 90/10 fly fishing abilities- but I still try -lol)
    (I am the 10)
    post edited by r3g3 - 2020/07/21 19:12:45
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: