Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..9192939495.. > >> Showing page 94 of 97
Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4686
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 08:16:56 (permalink)
I’m sure. I’ve never seen him wear a mask while doing yard work — although we probably should.

I asked him if the pollen was that bad and his response was “we are still supposed to wear masks.”

I suspect he is like those folks you see driving alone in their cars with a mask on.

I have no problem with him doing it, it’s his decision — just find it odd — especially coming from a guy that has done some fairly, let’s say, adventurous, things in his life.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8035
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 09:17:18 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

I NEVER wear a mask around my house or yard or walking the dog but, I did wear one when spreading lawn fertilizer and moss killer last weekend...it was dusty and windy and I didn't want to be breathing in the visible dust if I didn't have to....
I never wear one cutting the grass or trimming but I should...for about an hour after I am done I am snotting and shooting snot rockets!

I wonder how many people will end up refusing to wear masks for the things they "should", due to mask fatigue?  I always wear when spreading chemicals, mixing concrete or doing more then just a cut or two with wood.  When my allergies kick in, usually more in the fall, I will put on a mask to cut the lawn.  If I don't, I spend the next few days trying to pop my ears.  The Dr. had me taking 6 Clartin per day...  I am down to 2.

As for wearing for covid, I never see anyone in my immediate neighborhood wearing around the area to walk their dogs or run/walk for exercise.  A year ago for a few months, sure, no one seemed to know what was going on.  I only see people wearing them indoors, maybe walking in a store parking lot and in congested areas like downtown.  Occasionally at semi crowded parks like South Park.  Or where there are rules to have them (watching outdoor sports), usually that is about half of the people that actually follow.  If you are 6' or so away from others outside, there should be no need for them.  Inside is completely different, since it is not getting fresh air circulating in.  Unless someone is physically sick, coughing and sneezing, they should have respect for others and not be attending things, whether indoors or outdoors.  Masks are intended to slow the spread, from those unknowingly infected breathing/talking.  They are not stopping all that much from sick people coughing or sneezing.  Granted, they will do some, so imagine hospitals want verified covid patients to wear them to reduce the risk for their professionals.  We need people to have common courtesy of one another and not go into public when sick and would go a long way.  I'll mask where required, stay my distance from strangers (I have been doing since I was maybe 10 years old) and avoid others while sick (again, same common courtesy that I have had since 10).

I do see some people wearing them in their cars.  If a group of people not in the same family, it is the right thing to do.  You are in an enclosed space breathing in each other's air.  Not sure how long a cloth/paper mask is really going to protect someone from another if one is infected?  It should buy a little more time than no masks, since the masks DO STOP the largest, most viral loaded droplets (you know, the PROVEN science of masks, why surgical masks are worn in health settings in the first place)...  But yeah, hospitals have had it wrong for years and part of the Deep State plot...  After a certain amount of time, there would likely be enough viral load in the smaller airborne droplets that masks don't catch to infect.  If one is a complete slob, sick, coughing and sneezing, then the masks doing much.  When there is a lot of community spread going on, you probably shouldn't share a ride with a stranger if worried about getting any sort of respiratory infection, wearing or not wearing a mask.  The people in their car alone, could be going from store to store.  I have done that myself.  Just as I have walked into a few stores without a mask and realize it after a minute or two, I have gotten into my truck and drove a minute or two before realizing I still had a mask on.  Heck, when it is cold out and my truck hasn't warmed up, I keep it on until the heat is going.  Not like we need to have this debate for the 50000000th time...
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2873
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 09:20:28 (permalink)
DarDys
I dropped off a care package, okay, beer, to a buddy yesterday. He and his wife have both had their second shots for a month or more. He was in his own yard, about 1/3 acre, weed whacking. And he was wearing a mask, and not for the pollen.

And, no, he didn’t know I was stopping by.

Does he have Covid?  Maybe he felt symptomatic and was just being careful?  Other than that, I'd say it's overkill outside in his own yard.  
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 09:23:59 (permalink)
DarDys
I

I suspect he is like those folks you see driving alone in their cars with a mask on.

My wife is one of those people.  She's a home health nurse.  She's so lame.  I've told her multiple times that the "boomer watch" is out in force WATCHING her and being offended/astounded/astonished/disturbed and dismayed by her behavior.  But, she keeps doing it, especially between close visits.  
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2669
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 09:26:43 (permalink)
The masks will likely eventually go the way of those blue rubber gloves so many of us wore for the first few months of this contradictory advise craziness.
Still seeing those gloves discarded along roadways along with the blue masks.
The litter will certainly last longer than the disease.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/04/14 09:28:48
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4686
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 09:40:16 (permalink)
LDD
DarDys
I

My wife is one of those people.  She's a home health nurse.  She's so lame.  I've told her multiple times that the "boomer watch" is out in force WATCHING her and being offended/astounded/astonished/disturbed and dismayed by her behavior.  But, she keeps doing it, especially between close visits.  

Why be a jerk?

Didn’t you get it following all the rules?

Do you wear a rain suit every time you go outside because it might rain? Do you wear one in your car?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 10:21:24 (permalink)
Am wondering if they are finding the 19 strains predominating a year ago, upon which the inoculations are based ,are not the strains developing now.
This would parallel the annual flu where we have to wait for the shot each year till they make a best educated determination of what the new years strain will be and prepare an annual antidote  accordingly.

Unfortunately the shot does not always match the new strain but does seem to help no matter what- but not always completely.
If this is the case they should just come out and say so without all the contradictory BS.
We could handle it-- just like the flu.

If they had been more trustworthy in reporting 19 deaths instead of pushing up the numbers while other 'normal' deaths  seem to have diminished historically it may have helped our acceptance of this possible reality.

As a senior with complicating 'issues' I readily took the vaccine and would do it again - not being concerned with unknown long term issues- 
Long term has a different meaning dependent on age IMHO.

As a 20 or 30 something I can kinda understand some hesitancy with the back and forth commentary now being given by 'experts.
No wonder so many young military folks are balking.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/04/14 10:24:18
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 10:48:41 (permalink)
DarDys
LDD
DarDys
I

Why be a jerk?

Didn’t you get it following all the rules?

Do you wear a rain suit every time you go outside because it might rain? Do you wear one in your car?

I just don't get the insistence on pointing out what other people are doing all the time and their behaviors that  literally have ZERO effect on your life.  Do you point out all the people with purple hair too?   

Also, it's part of a protocol to not touch or remove a mask for many healthcare professionals and people who have been instructed on PPE protocol.    That's the point I wanted to make.  You have no idea what people are doing or what their situations are, yet it seems absurd to you.   Maybe they put their mask on at home and don't take it off until they get back and then discard it because they live with someone who is high risk. Maybe they have symptoms but still have to pick up their kids or someone else and they prefer to NOT fill the car with whatever they have.  The possibilities are endless and some even make sense.  

I tried to follow all the rules but I have a high exposure job.  My mask protects others, not me, so maybe I got it from someone NOT following all the rules.  I'll never know.  

I was being a jerk.  I admit.  It certainly comes across that way on the boards.  I'm just making a point.  If we were talking you would have seen me smiling.  No ill will.  

snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 309
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 11:44:23 (permalink)
LDD

You're missing my point.  What I'm saying is that in small communities when cases are spread through "domicile transmission" that equates to homes, family gatherings and other friend/family events that people cannot abstain from.  When it's spread and people get sick, so do their kids, except their kids come to school and then half the school gets quarantined, some kids multiple times, because people act selfishly. IMO.  I'm not poring over the data from Michigan or making any broad statements about the spread.  What I know is that I live in rural community that can't seem to straighten out its covid transmission problems.  Our school has been open all year, except when we had to shut down because of the attestation agreement with the state at three different points.  Getting covid and "being affected by covid" are two different discussions.  Kids are being adversely affected by covid and if you're going to blame health and education you better blame the selfish a-holes spreading it through communities as well.  

My baseball team just lost six kids for two weeks because two kids came to school sick.  It doesn't matter if they transmitted it to anyone here, 30 kids still got quarantined.  The one kid, it's his fourth quarantine.  That's my point.  Kids are getting it from their parents and bringing it to school.  One kid brought it back from Florida and we lost half the basketball team for two weeks.  None of them got it, but, THEY GOT IT!  Sharp stick in the eye.  

gotchya, thanks for the clarification.  

i know the sharp stick in the eye deal.  i'm coaching the throwers on the middle school track team right now.  we've had quite a few kids in and out of quarantine because of close contact at school.  this do beat 'em all though . . .

i was down 2 girls monday and yesterday in quarantine.  they had a classmate who was last in class last thursday who didn't test positive until over the weekend.  so those two girls were in class and at track practice thursday and friday.  but were out monday and yesterday because of the contact tracing.  

their quarantine window then started last thursday, instead of saturday.  they went and got negative tests and will be back today for our meet.  

tell me how in the world that makes any sense?  

the varsity girls' basketball coach about mid way through the season (he's a teacher at the high school) came up with a good way to cheat the system a little bit.  he "strongly encouraged" his varsity players to do virtual schooling instead of in person after their second team shut down.  they obliterated every section opponent this year, but didn't get enough games in to win their first section championship in close to 30 years and he had had enough.  they made a deep run in the playoffs but lost in the semis.  

my 11th grade son and several of his varsity baseball teammates are doing virtual right now for the same reason.  3 of them would have been quarantined this week if they had been in school because of a couple positive cases in the high school from kids they sit near in class.  

many parents of athletes that i know now will absolutely refuse to get their kids tested so that they do not get an entire team shut down for 10 days.    
post edited by snagr - 2021/04/14 11:55:34
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 12:05:53 (permalink)
It's a tough choice to have your kid stay at home or run the risk of getting quarantined.  My kids are in school. They are all successful high school athletes and this is a reality and I prefer that they face it.  My son and daughter are also in high level classes and they would suffer greatly if made to do a complete marking period online.  They try to stay separated in class but it's still roulette.  
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 13:00:57 (permalink)
My youngest grandson WAS a varsity football player in this his last HS season--except that there was NO season. He is playing lacross now but in a VERY limited season.
Tough on a kid in his last year.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 15:31:45 (permalink)
I live in a very blue state-Connecticut- that said overall I believe our Governor Dem Lamont has done a very good common sense job of leading in these troubled times.
Even this Democrat gov has just come out and said  that the CDC seems to be overacting by stopping the J&J shots for only a half dozen reactions out of about 7 mil. shots given.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/15 17:52:26 (permalink)
Starting to look like the annual shot ritual like the flu i mentioned the other day.
Wife and I both had Phisor (sp) now one of their people is suggesting a third shot or even the annual thing.
No big deal IMHO.
Just nice to have someone come right out and say it.
Wouldnt surprise me if Govt knew it a while ago and didnt know how to tell us idiots but the factory guy came right out with it- Kudos to him.
Pvt industry being ahead or Govt hacks who were  likely taking polls before speaking-likely why dr double mask has been all over the map lately with his info.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/04/15 17:57:41
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2004
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/15 21:44:16 (permalink)
My opinion on the coronavirus is that I'm absolutely sick of hearing old people whining constantly. Constantly. It's like they think they're the only people on the planet. It's just weird. And pathetic. And getting very annoying. It's like they don't realized that doing things like crossing state lines to go to a multiple household gathering at a restaurant is not directly correlating to things like...I don't know.... Cancelled high school football seasons or some other random thing. Just stay the f home. And shut the f up. You're old and retired. You're in the best possible position to help all of humanity get through this quicker. All this is just too protect you old dying people anyway And all the old idiots do is just whine and whine about how everyone is being so unfair to THEM. I just don't get how old, financially comfortable retired people feel the need to play victim. It's just a bunch of BS. Wah wah wah. Masks are uncomfortable. The opinion news man lied to me. Wah wah wah. Why? Shut up. Stay home. Maybe go fishing or something. I have work to do. I can't stay home. I can't afford it. I have to wear a mask. It's company policy. And I happen to be a decent human being. And if have to go through another summer wearing the stupid mask all day every day sweating my butt off and hardly able to breath, I'm gonna freaking lose it. That is all.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 283
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/15 22:25:59 (permalink)
FishinGuy
My opinion on the coronavirus is that I'm absolutely sick of hearing old people whining constantly. Constantly. It's like they think they're the only people on the planet. It's just weird. And pathetic. And getting very annoying. It's like they don't realized that doing things like crossing state lines to go to a multiple household gathering at a restaurant is not directly correlating to things like...I don't know.... Cancelled high school football seasons or some other random thing. Just stay the f home. And shut the f up. You're old and retired. You're in the best possible position to help all of humanity get through this quicker. All this is just too protect you old dying people anyway And all the old idiots do is just whine and whine about how everyone is being so unfair to THEM. I just don't get how old, financially comfortable retired people feel the need to play victim. It's just a bunch of BS. Wah wah wah. Masks are uncomfortable. The opinion news man lied to me. Wah wah wah. Why? Shut up. Stay home. Maybe go fishing or something. I have work to do. I can't stay home. I can't afford it. I have to wear a mask. It's company policy. And I happen to be a decent human being. And if have to go through another summer wearing the stupid mask all day every day sweating my butt off and hardly able to breath, I'm gonna freaking lose it. That is all.

Take a breather my dude
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1018
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 06:36:33 (permalink)
Sounds to me like double tals in half your rant you rip old retired comfortably people the you tell us that we have work to do or our company policy says to wear a mask or we can't afford to stay home which is it ???? I thought if you were retired you didn't go to work rite.I really do think you have it backwards being an old retired person myself with a whole bunch of conditions Im not the ones spreading it to everyone We took the precautions didn't hesitate to get the vaccines wear the mask were required and unlike your generation hardly frequent the bars and grills ect like the young folks are doing .No spring breaks for us geezers at the beach no protest rallys to go to just staying home for the most part hoping to keep seeing our grand kids for a few more years!
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 07:16:56 (permalink)
Ice, first off, thank you for doing things the right way. We may not agree on everything politics, but for the Covid issue and most things health care wise, you have always seemed to have a down to earth, what I would consider common sense replies. I think the vast majority of seniors are like you in this regard too.

I am pretty sure he meant that he and others in my generation, don’t have the financial standing to retire yet and have to work.

I’m not picking sides here, just responding of how I read things and trying to diffuse... Seniors and us all are in pandemic fatigue. Fishinguy seems to be in fatigue of those in pandemic fatigue.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 10:15:13 (permalink)
Hey fishing guy- thanks the the opine on old people- may you never have to go through the the indignity of achieving such a goal.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3587
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 10:39:00 (permalink)
FishinGuy

All I heard was WAH, WAH, WAH...........WAH, WAH, WAH...........and a little more WAH, WAH, WAH......
That about cover it?
The hypocrisy is ASTOUNDING.......

But I do agree, we all need to get out and get more fishing in....but alas, first big dek hockey tourney of the year this week/weekend, first game in the books for my son last night and another Saturday then playoffs on Sunday.....no feeshing for me...and yeah, I am whining about that....I have my eye on some tax rocks I need to make sure are safe and sound.....
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 10:59:21 (permalink)
serious question and not a gotchya for those of you that believe that masks are effective at mitigating the spread of covid . . .

in pa we're at a point now where the vax is available to all, so let's assume that in 6 weeks everybody who wants the vax has had both doses and has reached the personal threshold for vax effectiveness.  

do you believe the cdc guidance that vaxxed people are safe to gather in small groups without masks and social distancing?  

do you think everybody should continue to mask in public, regardless of the number of cases and hospitalizations in the state or your county?  if so, what would the threshold be for you to believe that it's safe for everybody to not have to wear masks in public?  

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 11:02:50 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
I have my eye on some tax rocks I need to make sure are safe and sound.....

Watching a dek hockey game with a pile of rocks next to you, is one way to make sure calls are favorable.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 12:08:10 (permalink)
snagr
serious question and not a gotchya for those of you that believe that masks are effective at mitigating the spread of covid . . .

in pa we're at a point now where the vax is available to all, so let's assume that in 6 weeks everybody who wants the vax has had both doses and has reached the personal threshold for vax effectiveness.  

do you believe the cdc guidance that vaxxed people are safe to gather in small groups without masks and social distancing?  

do you think everybody should continue to mask in public, regardless of the number of cases and hospitalizations in the state or your county?  if so, what would the threshold be for you to believe that it's safe for everybody to not have to wear masks in public?  

I don't even know what would be "gotcha" about this. It's a question of personal preference no? 

For me, it'd be likely low double digit numbers of cases per day (for say Allegheny county), for a couple weeks. I want to be sure that we're not heading towards another explosion of cases before the mask culture in general becomes more of an option. Those who choose to not get vaccinated, I'd still want the spread amongst them to be very low (ideally zero). So if the numbers can essentially prove that new cases can remain low for a sustained period of time, then sure, we're heading in the right direction in terms of masks not being in public. 

I'm also completely fine with masks continuing to being worn, especially around cold and flu season just in general. It'd be great if the mask wearing of say, South Korea, took hold here. 

And lastly, this may sound selfish and a bit trollish, but if I'm being honest - I absolutely love to hear adults whine and complain about mask wearing. The mental gymnastics and hoops they put themselves through to prove whatever they might think about cloth or another type of material on their face is completely hilarious to me, and I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for that entertainment to end. 
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 12:17:12 (permalink)
They just announced a vaccine clinic at our local HS for the students.    Let there be light!
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 12:26:37 (permalink)
snagr

Wow an actual debatable post!

For both questions to me personally, come down to how sick kids are getting and if the vaccine is working.

Right now our elementary and intermediate schools are spreading like crazy.  More realistically, one kid gets it and knocks 10 out of school to quarantine...  Not really sure how much it is actually spreading, but it is infecting younger people and likely to see our schools going remote next week.  The previous strain that we had seen prevalent around the holidays seemed to leave the pre-adolescents alone, but spread pretty well in the adolescents and young adults, at least locally.  I think they are behind most adults getting it to be honest.  Most getting flu like illness and a few having to spend some time in the hospital and a few very unfortunate people.  The previous strain did not seem to do anything to the pre-adolescents, which this one is.  It is rather early in infections at least locally for these younger kids, so way too early to determine if it is flu or cold/level or putting kids in the hospital.  If it starts hospitalizing a good number of kids, chit changes drastically.  Hopefully this is not the case.  I would think if it were the case, the news would be on fire.

If the hospitals start getting filled with vaccinated adults, then there will be some reason for concern as well.  Again, I think the news would be on fire if that were the case.

Getting approval for kids being vaccinated is a topic too.  24% of the US population is under 18.  For us to hit herd immunity, it would require every adult to either be infected or inoculated.  The CDC likely will not lift mandates until they hit a figure that is inline with herd immunity.

I personally don't think either of the kids and vaccinated people getting really sick, will be a major issue or would be hearing about it.  Not really sure of thresholds for hypotheticals.  I don't even want to think of either of those happening.  I am hopeful there will be laxed restrictions.  If things follow how I believe, I would imagine most people will be gathering in small groups maskless regardless if the CDC says not to, many already are and have been since May of last year...  This summer will be as open or more than last summer, which was pretty wide open beyond larger gatherings.  I doubt that larger gatherings like concerts, ball games, etc. will be maskless for a little while.  Hopefully by the end of the summer, if not sooner. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 12:36:15 (permalink)
DeadGator401

I'm also completely fine with masks continuing to being worn, especially around cold and flu season just in general. It'd be great if the mask wearing of say, South Korea, took hold here. 

And lastly, this may sound selfish and a bit trollish, but if I'm being honest - I absolutely love to hear adults whine and complain about mask wearing. The mental gymnastics and hoops they put themselves through to prove whatever they might think about cloth or another type of material on their face is completely hilarious to me, and I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for that entertainment to end. 

The first point, no thanks.  I would hate for us to be like SK or Japan in regards to masks being a part of normal life.  Although, I do get a little tingle when some hot chick takes her mask off...  What the heck are shirts doing to stop the spread anyway?  I say we all ban together and go shirtless all summer!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nzOn4omnCQ

Point 2 is classssssic!
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 12:53:52 (permalink)
DeadGator401

I don't even know what would be "gotcha" about this. It's a question of personal preference no? 

well, given my contrarian nature in this thread, i was just genuinely curious as to how people who think differently than me see this unfolding.  

as for personal preference, most of you who seem to be in favor of keeping mitigation measures seem to be pretty much in lockstep with the national and state level public health folks who also support them, and opposed to the states that are lifting measures.  i can see folks like fauci and osterholm never getting to a point where they say measures should be lifted or eased, but i may be wrong in that assumption.  even if they get there, i think it will be a matter of years (plural) and not months or a year.  with just the rate of false positives with pcr tests (not even taking into account meaningless positives at high cycle thresholds) if we continue to do enough testing in the u.s., those folks can continue to justify all the measures they want to, including keeping schools closed if states stick to the community spread rates, and not how covid impacts kids.

but it also sounds like you'd be just fine with pretty much year round masks in public, since there are always respiratory viruses (rhinoviruses and other coronaviruses) in circulation that can cause serious problems and death for some people.  

at any rate, thanks for your honest response.  i'll do my best to keep you entertained from time to time with my thoughts about the uselessness of masks.  

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 13:05:14 (permalink)
snagr
DeadGator401

well, given my contrarian nature in this thread, i was just genuinely curious as to how people who think differently than me see this unfolding.  

as for personal preference, most of you who seem to be in favor of keeping mitigation measures seem to be pretty much in lockstep with the national and state level public health folks who also support them, and opposed to the states that are lifting measures.  i can see folks like fauci and osterholm never getting to a point where they say measures should be lifted or eased, but i may be wrong in that assumption.  even if they get there, i think it will be a matter of years (plural) and not months or a year.  with just the rate of false positives with pcr tests (not even taking into account meaningless positives at high cycle thresholds) if we continue to do enough testing in the u.s., those folks can continue to justify all the measures they want to, including keeping schools closed if states stick to the community spread rates, and not how covid impacts kids.

but it also sounds like you'd be just fine with pretty much year round masks in public, since there are always respiratory viruses (rhinoviruses and other coronaviruses) in circulation that can cause serious problems and death for some people.  

at any rate, thanks for your honest response.  i'll do my best to keep you entertained from time to time with my thoughts about the uselessness of masks.  

I had posted that and thought as I was driving to pick up lunch - this may have seen as a personal attack on you. It wasn't. You fall into the category of being opposed to masks in my book to be honest, but you're not an idiot hootin and hollerin about it. Those are the people that entertain me. Social Media is a GOLDMINE. 

My brother in law for instance, is against it solely over the "freedom" aspect. Seeing him whine and complain, is just *chefs kiss*. (He was a jag before Covid as well)
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 13:09:52 (permalink)
Porktown
Right now our elementary and intermediate schools are spreading like crazy.  More realistically, one kid gets it and knocks 10 out of school to quarantine... 

seeing the same thing here in our district in butler co pork.  seems to be a little lower than november and december so far, but the forced quarantines are wiping a lot of kids from in person schooling.  all grades in our district are 5 days in person right now and have been since mid january. an administrator i'm friends with said that as far as they know, there has not been any contact tracing done that shows in-school transmission.  all at home/community spread.  haven't had any 3 days shut downs since february, but one of our buildings is right on the door step for a 3 day closure. 

Porktown

I personally don't think either of the kids and vaccinated people getting really sick, will be a major issue or would be hearing about it. 

cdc released some fairly encouraging news on people who are fully vaxxed getting covid earlier this week. 5800 out of 66 million.  7% hospitalized and 74 deaths.  

"To date, no unexpected patterns have been identified in case demographics or vaccine characteristics . . ." which I would assume means the very sick and elderly where vaccine effectiveness was kind of a question mark anyway.  

post edited by snagr - 2021/04/16 13:11:05
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 13:21:41 (permalink)
DeadGator401

I had posted that and thought as I was driving to pick up lunch - this may have seen as a personal attack on you. It wasn't. You fall into the category of being opposed to masks in my book to be honest, but you're not an idiot hootin and hollerin about it. Those are the people that entertain me. Social Media is a GOLDMINE. 

My brother in law for instance, is against it solely over the "freedom" aspect. Seeing him whine and complain, is just *chefs kiss*. (He was a jag before Covid as well)

no offense taken gator.

i don't see it as an attack on my freedom to have to wear one in some places.  i do think people on both sides of the mask issue politicize it, but in general i think there are some people who really believe they make a difference and some like me who think they don't make a lick of difference and don't wear one when i don't have to and choose to frequent the businesses around that don't make employees or customers wear them.  

my wife and daughter, who are both in healthcare, think i'm a maskhole though.  
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/16 13:46:49 (permalink)
snagr
DeadGator401

no offense taken gator.

i don't see it as an attack on my freedom to have to wear one in some places.  i do think people on both sides of the mask issue politicize it, but in general i think there are some people who really believe they make a difference and some like me who think they don't make a lick of difference and don't wear one when i don't have to and choose to frequent the businesses around that don't make employees or customers wear them.  

my wife and daughter, who are both in healthcare, think i'm a maskhole though.  

Snagr, you should take the "no mask pledge"!  What is that you say??  Well, pledge to ask the surgical team, if and/or when you have an operation (I hope you never do but just in case) to PLEASE, PLEASE...not wear any masks for your operation.  Why?  Because they "don't make a lick of difference".  

I'm just funnin here, but seriously "not a lick of difference"? It doesn't logically jive with your "transmission stats" about schools.  Schools are notorious incubators for viral maladies and if it's not happening in schools then the 100% mask mandates must be having an effect?  Right?  Where else are this many people gathering, this closely and not transmitting it?  Where else are mask enforced as strictly as schools?   It seems logical to me that masks are working in schools, where they are enforced 100%, to stop the spread of the virus.  
Page: << < ..9192939495.. > >> Showing page 94 of 97
Jump to: