Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..9192939495.. > >> Showing page 93 of 112
Author
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3725
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/07 09:56:38 (permalink)
I will wait until the vaccines are not being distributed under "EUA's" and are fully approved before I consider getting one.  
Not anti-vax by any stretch but, I do still have lingering concerns regarding these mRNA vaccines and possibly long term effects.  

Did see an article re: development of new vaccine that is entering testing that will be WAY cheaper and easier to manufacture (incubated in eggs, like the flu vaccine).  It will be much easier for lower income and developing countries to afford or even manufacture their own.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/health/hexapro-mclellan-vaccine.html

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8442
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/07 13:53:16 (permalink)
BloodyHand
It's not so much about the side effects from the vaccine, although there is still some concern there for me. But it's more about our own natural defenses against the virus. Would the vaccine take from our natural antibodies and our body's become dependent on the shot to fight the virus? I think i'm going to wait until after summer to make up my mind.

BH

The vaccines, regardless of which one, are tricking our immune systems into thinking the COVID virus is in our system and our bodies create natural antibodies.  Each vaccine tricks the body a bit differently.  These are the same antibodies your body will develop if infected with the real virus.  If infected without the vaccine, your body eventually develops these antibodies, but in the process throws thousands of other antibodies at it.  Which is often the issue with severe symptoms, more of your body reacting to the antibodies it is creating than it is the actual virus attacking your vital organs (although I imagine that it does as well).  From what I have read about the blood clotting and the inflamed lungs, this is more related to your immune system throwing everything it can at the virus.  Also why some people only get sniffles or no effects, due to their bodies developing these antibodies quicker than others.  These shots are not injecting fake antibodies.  I'm not sure how this would make a body dependent?

If you are 100% confident that you had the virus, like Snagr and others, I would think that your immune system would know how to create the correct antibodies relatively quickly.  Those that recovered, without major treatments like Regeneron or others, their immune systems figured it out and regardless of antibodies left in their bodies, have some memory cells that should be able to create the antibodies in at least enough time that you wouldn't have severe symptoms.  I don't think anyone knows how long those memory cells either live or retain that memory.  I think it depends on how much pot you smoke...  

The two shot vaccine technology is kind of concerning to me.  They are messing with your immune system to create a spike protein that tricks your body to send the same antibodies that they pinpointed as the ones that fight off Covid.  What else does that unintentionally trick your immune system to create?  What happens to that spike protein?  Does this create a "Protean Threat"???    
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1961
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/07 17:51:48 (permalink)
Porktown
BloodyHand
It's not so much about the side effects from the vaccine, although there is still some concern there for me. But it's more about our own natural defenses against the virus. Would the vaccine take from our natural antibodies and our body's become dependent on the shot to fight the virus? I think i'm going to wait until after summer to make up my mind.

BH

The two shot vaccine technology is kind of concerning to me.  They are messing with your immune system to create a spike protein that tricks your body to send the same antibodies that they pinpointed as the ones that fight off Covid.  What else does that unintentionally trick your immune system to create?  What happens to that spike protein?  Does this create a "Protean Threat"???    

That's where I was going when I said body becoming dependent on the vaccine. I miss worded that i'm sure. I should have said, will your body need tricked every time to create the antibodies needed to fight the virus.

BH
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/07 20:30:34 (permalink)
Gotcha on that.  Kind of what Eye's is saying about the EUA too.  There is a reason that it usually takes a lot longer than 10 months to develop, test and roll out a vaccine.  

I imagine the beating I put my body through in my teens through 20s, whether partying way too hard, borderline insane things for an adrenaline rush or not wearing any sort of protective equipment when working with whatever chemicals, saw dust or whatever is probably a bit worse long term effects than these vaccines.  I have a few compression fractures in my spine as a physical result and wouldn't doubt some of the other pains that come and go are from that too.  If these COVID shots come with an acid flashback or two, sign me up!!!   
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 386
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 10:43:28 (permalink)
for those interested in antibody testing ...

i was getting routine blood work done at quest diagnostics this morning (locations all around the pgh area) and you can get it done without a prescription or order. didn’t check it myself out but the monitor in the waiting room said just go their website and you can sign up for it. of course if your insurance doesn’t cover it you’ll have to pay but it is available.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 11:27:44 (permalink)
Yeah, I saw that too last week when I went in for bloodwork before my yearly check-up....cholesterol only 153....yippee!  

Anyways, I won't be paying out of pocket for it.  I'd rather get it done for free through blood donation (just have to wait much longer for the results I think).  

Anyways, seeing lots of stuff about vaccines in the news lately....re: just about all of them....NC site shut down distribution of J&J for the day after multiple reactions (in the teens number wise, I think).  This follows after the same thing happened in Colorado.  

Astrazeneca taking heat in Europe over the potential clotting issues and I think they are going to stop giving it to people under 30.  
Kind of goes along with the Moderna clotting issues as well.  My brother's wife's cousin is 42 but she did have clots and a stroke....I believe she is at home now and out of rehab.  Still a long way off from tying it directly to the vaccine.  
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 427
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 12:23:55 (permalink)
Got my second Moderna shot Wednesday. Side effects were like a rough hangover. Felt like my brain was a dishtowel, being wrung out, as well as some chills. Aleve Liquigels and Gatorade + some rest and today I feel fine. Arm felt like someone took a swing with a baseball bat, but that happens to me for every single shot i get in my arm no matter what. 

Essentially followed the exact potential side effects the person who administered it told me would happen (as well as my own reading online). 

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2834
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 12:42:54 (permalink)
Had the arm thing with my first phiser (sp)shot and the second just made me a bit uncomfortable the next day- no arm soreness at all,

Only lasting issue is that I have gone a little more nuts with all the hibernating.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/04/09 12:44:23
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 13:14:57 (permalink)
r3g3
Had the arm thing with my first phiser (sp)shot and the second just made me a bit uncomfortable the next day- no arm soreness at all,

Only lasting issue is that I have gone a little more nuts with all the hibernating.

Ya know, while we say things like these as a bit of a joke. There are for sure those who will without a doubt need some assistance with all of this. Kids especially. 
I saw something the other day about Colorado being on track to offer counseling to children with dealing with all of this. 

Glad you didn't get any serious side effects. There were some moments yesterday when the headache would come in waves where I seriously questioned if I did get blackout drunk and drank like a bottle of black velvet and forgot. 
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 13:30:39 (permalink)
DeadGator401
r3g3

Ya know, while we say things like these as a bit of a joke. There are for sure those who will without a doubt need some assistance with all of this. Kids especially. 
I saw something the other day about Colorado being on track to offer counseling to children with dealing with all of this. 

Glad you didn't get any serious side effects. There were some moments yesterday when the headache would come in waves where I seriously questioned if I did get blackout drunk and drank like a bottle of black velvet and forgot. 

This is a great point about kids.  They are taking it on the chin through all of this.  It is incredibly difficult and many, many public schools are so far understaffed to help kids with these types of issues that there literally is no help.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 23:17:23 (permalink)
Should probably have kids drink more to be prepared for the side effects!

Hangovers as a teen/20s was nothing compared to what they are in mid 40s. Now it only takes a beer or two too many...

Bummed about hearing the J&J stuff. Even though EUA, used similar technology as flu virus, so wasn’t as concerning. Thinking that one dose of Moderna or Pfizer might be the way to go. Something like 80% going that route.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/10 09:24:11 (permalink)
LDD

This is a great point about kids.  They are taking it on the chin through all of this.  It is incredibly difficult and many, many public schools are so far understaffed to help kids with these types of issues that there literally is no help.  

i think that this has been far and away the most significant failure of "public health" and "education" officials in the us over the past year.  it made sense to take it on the chin for a few months last spring.  after that?  kids should have been living their lives as normal and it's beyond time for our "leaders" to get it back there for them.  

kids are about as close to 0 risk from covid - short and long term - as you can get compared to other respiratory diseases that are common to them.  

kids are an infinitesimally small source of community and household transmission.  

many cities in europe and private schools in the us have had 0 mitigation measures in place in classes and extracurricular activities for the past school year, with the same or better results as those with tons of measures.  

the global scientific data on all of this is abundant.  

teachers that want the vax have the vax.  either it works or it doesn't.  people that want to keep their kids away from others all have that option.  it's beyond time to unmask kids, end the ridiculous quarantine rules for classroom/team/band/club close contact, and open up schools and extracurricular activities fully.  it's beyond time to stop the lunatic messaging of perpetually telling kids that are responsible for stopping an airborne respiratory virus that nobody can stop; that they will kill each other, their teachers, and grandparents if they're not careful; and threatening them with taking away educational and extracurricular activities if they're not more careful.  

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 09:08:36 (permalink)
snagr
LDD

i think that this has been far and away the most significant failure of "public health" and "education" officials in the us over the past year.  it made sense to take it on the chin for a few months last spring.  after that?  kids should have been living their lives as normal and it's beyond time for our "leaders" to get it back there for them.  

Along with "public health" and "education" you forgot "selfish a-holes that can't follow guidelines and spread it through the community"  thus, adversely affecting students' ability to stay in school and sports.  
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 09:43:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby fishin coyote 2021/04/13 09:57:56
LDD
snagr
LDD

Along with "public health" and "education" you forgot "selfish a-holes that can't follow guidelines and spread it through the community"  thus, adversely affecting students' ability to stay in school and sports.  

multiple studies globally showing that open schools and community transmission rates have zero correlation and in fact that when schools are open, there are fewer cases among children and teens in those communities.

why?

+70% of cases are from domicile transmission. +10% cases are from health care setting transmission.

michigan is the worst state in the country right now for covid. very low rate of open public schools. very high rates of compliance with mitigation measures. still among states with the most restrictions on people being together in public. must just be a lot of selfish people in that state so that’s why kids can’t be in school.

public health and education folks who shut down schools, and those who think kids are at some great risk or vectors of spread in the community are on par with flat earthers at this point. as anti science as it gets.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 10:01:56 (permalink)
but, but, but,......follow the science......but only until it doesn't jive with your narrative....then don't follow the science.....

Anyways, bad news on the vaccine front, FDA is instituting a pause on the J&J vaccine to more thoroughly investigate clotting issues.  I would think there would be a more thorough investigation into all the vaccines (already is in Europe for the AZ vaccine) since there seems to be anecdotal evidence that a certain small segment of the population is at increased risk of rare clotting issues when given the vaccines.  
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 10:13:50 (permalink)
Neighbors year and a half old granddaughter came to visit from NY a day or two back and has seen so little of gram and gramp ( or anyone else) since birth all she does is cry when they come near- sad stuff.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 10:40:37 (permalink)
snagr
LDD
snagr
LDD

multiple studies globally showing that open schools and community transmission rates have zero correlation and in fact that when schools are open, there are fewer cases among children and teens in those communities.

why?

+70% of cases are from domicile transmission. +10% cases are from health care setting transmission.

michigan is the worst state in the country right now for covid. very low rate of open public schools. very high rates of compliance with mitigation measures. still among states with the most restrictions on people being together in public. must just be a lot of selfish people in that state so that’s why kids can’t be in school.

public health and education folks who shut down schools, and those who think kids are at some great risk or vectors of spread in the community are on par with flat earthers at this point. as anti science as it gets.

You're missing my point.  What I'm saying is that in small communities when cases are spread through "domicile transmission" that equates to homes, family gatherings and other friend/family events that people cannot abstain from.  When it's spread and people get sick, so do their kids, except their kids come to school and then half the school gets quarantined, some kids multiple times, because people act selfishly. IMO.  I'm not poring over the data from Michigan or making any broad statements about the spread.  What I know is that I live in rural community that can't seem to straighten out its covid transmission problems.  Our school has been open all year, except when we had to shut down because of the attestation agreement with the state at three different points.  Getting covid and "being affected by covid" are two different discussions.  Kids are being adversely affected by covid and if you're going to blame health and education you better blame the selfish a-holes spreading it through communities as well.  

My baseball team just lost six kids for two weeks because two kids came to school sick.  It doesn't matter if they transmitted it to anyone here, 30 kids still got quarantined.  The one kid, it's his fourth quarantine.  That's my point.  Kids are getting it from their parents and bringing it to school.  One kid brought it back from Florida and we lost half the basketball team for two weeks.  None of them got it, but, THEY GOT IT!  Sharp stick in the eye.  
post edited by LDD - 2021/04/13 10:46:41
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 11:55:20 (permalink)

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 13:31:34 (permalink)
https://apnews.com/article/us-pause-j-and-j-vaccine-blood-clot-reports-2dde2aacf486bab59844ef907a28cbce

Looking like 6.8 million doses have been administered, and 6 of the blood clot cases have been reported. 

I would think the reason it's being paused is because of the amount of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines available. Concerned though in terms of what this will do to the Vaccine hesitancy mindset. 
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 13:37:20 (permalink)
incidence of thrombosis per 100K doses by brand from VAERS reporting system

j & j - .087
moderna - .088
pfizer - .102
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 13:43:26 (permalink)
Like virtually everything else with this disease every single thing is looked at through a microscope and HUGELY overhyped.
Less than one in a million compared to the others is soooooo miniscule so as not to even be a hiccup.

Just another in the series of BS issues causing people to overreact like that girl.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 16:06:44 (permalink)
r3g3
Like virtually everything else with this disease every single thing is looked at through a microscope and HUGELY overhyped.
Less than one in a million compared to the others is soooooo miniscule so as not to even be a hiccup.

Just another in the series of BS issues causing people to overreact like that girl.

Agreed. While it's something that is worth looking into, I'm not entirely sure it should have been paused and have all this fanfare. Feel like it would have been something they could just include with the information you receive when ya get the Vaccine. Like ya know, Pharmaceutical commercials talking about side effects like skin falling off and result in death. 

But hey i could be wrong, maybe that Vaccine is causing this large scale issue. I'm just a guy who can't catch a fish outside of a stocked trout.
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 16:52:21 (permalink)
I'll play doctor. I believe all of the affected individuals were female of child bearing years. Were they smokers and also taking oral contraceptives? Wildly speculative, no doubt, but I'm remembering the causal relationship of those factors and stroke which was quite a big deal some years back. Hopefully some smart people will figure this out.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 19:44:19 (permalink)
Its NOT a large scale issue- 6 people out of 6 million 800 thousand had a reaction.
One died and one is in the Hospital.
Pre conditions unknown as yet from what I hear.
Yes- they were all female.
Betcha if ya gave a lousy asprin to bout 7 million people some might get a reaction.
One commentator said ya have a better chance of getting hit by lightning.( dont know if thats fact or was said in disgust over the hype)

May I be the first to suggest we all get together in an elevator and scream.

OH YEA- today Fauci says ya shouldnt go out to eat  even if ya had the shots. WHY DID WE HAVE  THEM if ya cant go back to normal ????
Startin to really think they want to restrict and control us for life and this is the practice run- maybe I m goin more nuts, but they change the story every time ya turn around.
Something aint right here------------
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/04/13 20:27:58
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/13 21:57:09 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

If this is true, I am now officially an antivaxer!!!  

Dang it, the quote didn't pick up your photo.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1080
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 06:19:48 (permalink)
Over 3000 people die every year from the over the counter aspirin and many more have serious bleeding issues after using it!
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 06:53:59 (permalink)
r3g3

OH YEA- today Fauci says ya shouldnt go out to eat  even if ya had the shots. WHY DID WE HAVE  THEM if ya cant go back to normal ????

fauci takes every opportunity he has to say the vax doesn’t change anything - contrary to cdc guidance. biden still double masks in every appearance he makes despite nobody getting within 50’ of him who also isn’t vaxxed. these guys are as bad as any anti vaxxers are at causing people to not get it.

but don’t worry, i’m sure they’ll undo all of that with this dog and pony show. 😂😂😂

https://thehill.com/blogs...navirus-vaccination-tv
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4747
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 07:06:56 (permalink)
I dropped off a care package, okay, beer, to a buddy yesterday. He and his wife have both had their second shots for a month or more. He was in his own yard, about 1/3 acre, weed whacking. And he was wearing a mask, and not for the pollen.

And, no, he didn’t know I was stopping by.
post edited by DarDys - 2021/04/14 07:16:42

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 07:30:28 (permalink)
snagr
biden still double masks in every appearance he makes despite nobody getting within 50’ of him who also isn’t vaxxed. these guys are as bad as any anti vaxxers are at causing people to not get it.

I thought Biden and Fauci both got vaccinated on camera in Dec/Jan? Every time I see either on TV they are telling people to get vaccines.

If you are saying those that hate these two so much to not get vaccinated, I follow.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/14 07:55:57 (permalink)
DarDys
I dropped off a care package, okay, beer, to a buddy yesterday. He and his wife have both had their second shots for a month or more. He was in his own yard, about 1/3 acre, weed whacking. And he was wearing a mask, and not for the pollen.

And, no, he didn’t know I was stopping by.

Are you sure???  The pollen is pretty bad right now......kids are fine indoors, with windows shut...but as soon as we go outside, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose.....claritin usually clears it up for them.

I NEVER wear a mask around my house or yard or walking the dog but, I did wear one when spreading lawn fertilizer and moss killer last weekend...it was dusty and windy and I didn't want to be breathing in the visible dust if I didn't have to....
I never wear one cutting the grass or trimming but I should...for about an hour after I am done I am snotting and shooting snot rockets!
Page: << < ..9192939495.. > >> Showing page 93 of 112
Jump to: