Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..919293 Showing page 93 of 93
Author
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3547
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/07 09:56:38 (permalink)
I will wait until the vaccines are not being distributed under "EUA's" and are fully approved before I consider getting one.  
Not anti-vax by any stretch but, I do still have lingering concerns regarding these mRNA vaccines and possibly long term effects.  

Did see an article re: development of new vaccine that is entering testing that will be WAY cheaper and easier to manufacture (incubated in eggs, like the flu vaccine).  It will be much easier for lower income and developing countries to afford or even manufacture their own.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/health/hexapro-mclellan-vaccine.html

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7923
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/07 13:53:16 (permalink)
BloodyHand
It's not so much about the side effects from the vaccine, although there is still some concern there for me. But it's more about our own natural defenses against the virus. Would the vaccine take from our natural antibodies and our body's become dependent on the shot to fight the virus? I think i'm going to wait until after summer to make up my mind.

BH

The vaccines, regardless of which one, are tricking our immune systems into thinking the COVID virus is in our system and our bodies create natural antibodies.  Each vaccine tricks the body a bit differently.  These are the same antibodies your body will develop if infected with the real virus.  If infected without the vaccine, your body eventually develops these antibodies, but in the process throws thousands of other antibodies at it.  Which is often the issue with severe symptoms, more of your body reacting to the antibodies it is creating than it is the actual virus attacking your vital organs (although I imagine that it does as well).  From what I have read about the blood clotting and the inflamed lungs, this is more related to your immune system throwing everything it can at the virus.  Also why some people only get sniffles or no effects, due to their bodies developing these antibodies quicker than others.  These shots are not injecting fake antibodies.  I'm not sure how this would make a body dependent?

If you are 100% confident that you had the virus, like Snagr and others, I would think that your immune system would know how to create the correct antibodies relatively quickly.  Those that recovered, without major treatments like Regeneron or others, their immune systems figured it out and regardless of antibodies left in their bodies, have some memory cells that should be able to create the antibodies in at least enough time that you wouldn't have severe symptoms.  I don't think anyone knows how long those memory cells either live or retain that memory.  I think it depends on how much pot you smoke...  

The two shot vaccine technology is kind of concerning to me.  They are messing with your immune system to create a spike protein that tricks your body to send the same antibodies that they pinpointed as the ones that fight off Covid.  What else does that unintentionally trick your immune system to create?  What happens to that spike protein?  Does this create a "Protean Threat"???    
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1888
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/07 17:51:48 (permalink)
Porktown
BloodyHand
It's not so much about the side effects from the vaccine, although there is still some concern there for me. But it's more about our own natural defenses against the virus. Would the vaccine take from our natural antibodies and our body's become dependent on the shot to fight the virus? I think i'm going to wait until after summer to make up my mind.

BH

The two shot vaccine technology is kind of concerning to me.  They are messing with your immune system to create a spike protein that tricks your body to send the same antibodies that they pinpointed as the ones that fight off Covid.  What else does that unintentionally trick your immune system to create?  What happens to that spike protein?  Does this create a "Protean Threat"???    

That's where I was going when I said body becoming dependent on the vaccine. I miss worded that i'm sure. I should have said, will your body need tricked every time to create the antibodies needed to fight the virus.

BH
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/07 20:30:34 (permalink)
Gotcha on that.  Kind of what Eye's is saying about the EUA too.  There is a reason that it usually takes a lot longer than 10 months to develop, test and roll out a vaccine.  

I imagine the beating I put my body through in my teens through 20s, whether partying way too hard, borderline insane things for an adrenaline rush or not wearing any sort of protective equipment when working with whatever chemicals, saw dust or whatever is probably a bit worse long term effects than these vaccines.  I have a few compression fractures in my spine as a physical result and wouldn't doubt some of the other pains that come and go are from that too.  If these COVID shots come with an acid flashback or two, sign me up!!!   
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 285
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 10:43:28 (permalink)
for those interested in antibody testing ...

i was getting routine blood work done at quest diagnostics this morning (locations all around the pgh area) and you can get it done without a prescription or order. didn’t check it myself out but the monitor in the waiting room said just go their website and you can sign up for it. of course if your insurance doesn’t cover it you’ll have to pay but it is available.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3547
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 11:27:44 (permalink)
Yeah, I saw that too last week when I went in for bloodwork before my yearly check-up....cholesterol only 153....yippee!  

Anyways, I won't be paying out of pocket for it.  I'd rather get it done for free through blood donation (just have to wait much longer for the results I think).  

Anyways, seeing lots of stuff about vaccines in the news lately....re: just about all of them....NC site shut down distribution of J&J for the day after multiple reactions (in the teens number wise, I think).  This follows after the same thing happened in Colorado.  

Astrazeneca taking heat in Europe over the potential clotting issues and I think they are going to stop giving it to people under 30.  
Kind of goes along with the Moderna clotting issues as well.  My brother's wife's cousin is 42 but she did have clots and a stroke....I believe she is at home now and out of rehab.  Still a long way off from tying it directly to the vaccine.  
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 230
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 12:23:55 (permalink)
Got my second Moderna shot Wednesday. Side effects were like a rough hangover. Felt like my brain was a dishtowel, being wrung out, as well as some chills. Aleve Liquigels and Gatorade + some rest and today I feel fine. Arm felt like someone took a swing with a baseball bat, but that happens to me for every single shot i get in my arm no matter what. 

Essentially followed the exact potential side effects the person who administered it told me would happen (as well as my own reading online). 

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2590
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 12:42:54 (permalink)
Had the arm thing with my first phiser (sp)shot and the second just made me a bit uncomfortable the next day- no arm soreness at all,

Only lasting issue is that I have gone a little more nuts with all the hibernating.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/04/09 12:44:23
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 230
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 13:14:57 (permalink)
r3g3
Had the arm thing with my first phiser (sp)shot and the second just made me a bit uncomfortable the next day- no arm soreness at all,

Only lasting issue is that I have gone a little more nuts with all the hibernating.

Ya know, while we say things like these as a bit of a joke. There are for sure those who will without a doubt need some assistance with all of this. Kids especially. 
I saw something the other day about Colorado being on track to offer counseling to children with dealing with all of this. 

Glad you didn't get any serious side effects. There were some moments yesterday when the headache would come in waves where I seriously questioned if I did get blackout drunk and drank like a bottle of black velvet and forgot. 
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2843
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 13:30:39 (permalink)
DeadGator401
r3g3

Ya know, while we say things like these as a bit of a joke. There are for sure those who will without a doubt need some assistance with all of this. Kids especially. 
I saw something the other day about Colorado being on track to offer counseling to children with dealing with all of this. 

Glad you didn't get any serious side effects. There were some moments yesterday when the headache would come in waves where I seriously questioned if I did get blackout drunk and drank like a bottle of black velvet and forgot. 

This is a great point about kids.  They are taking it on the chin through all of this.  It is incredibly difficult and many, many public schools are so far understaffed to help kids with these types of issues that there literally is no help.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/04/09 23:17:23 (permalink)
Should probably have kids drink more to be prepared for the side effects!

Hangovers as a teen/20s was nothing compared to what they are in mid 40s. Now it only takes a beer or two too many...

Bummed about hearing the J&J stuff. Even though EUA, used similar technology as flu virus, so wasn’t as concerning. Thinking that one dose of Moderna or Pfizer might be the way to go. Something like 80% going that route.
Page: << < ..919293 Showing page 93 of 93
Jump to: