Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..9192939495.. > >> Showing page 91 of 112
Author
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 386
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 11:33:29 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

Neighbors down the street are an older couple and both had both their shots of Pfizer about a month ago and other than a sore arm, no adverse reactions.  

my wife and daughter (healthcare workers) have had both shots, and other than a little fatigue a couple days after each shot had no issues.  my dad and in laws have had both shots.  my dad felt a little rough for a few days after the second one, but in laws had no issues.  i know many seniors and younger health care workers who have now had both shots with mild to no side effects.  

pa is putting school staff to the head of the line for the j&j shots beginning here either this week or next.  even as only a coach at a school, i was given an opportunity to get one if i wanted but passed.  doesn't feel right to me to jump the line since i've already had covid anyway and i know too many people that really want and need it more than i do that are still having trouble getting it.  i'd still like to see more about any potential long term effects as well.  
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2267
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 12:21:45 (permalink)
My sister, 87 years young has been trying to get signed up for her Covid vaccination. She does not use the internet for anything but Facebook. No matter what phone number she calls she either doesn't get anyone to answer and for the few places that did they were not able to get her scheduled. What a mess. Personally I think it's wrong for teachers to get their shots before the elderly who have health issues. The teachers union grease the political skids so the reality of that is as the ol saying goes" money talks and you know what walks."
That's my two pesos worth.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 427
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 12:39:04 (permalink)
@bigfoot and anyone else who might be looking or knows those looking for the Vaccine. The below are some steps to try and obtain an appointment for Rite Aid/Walgreens in PA. 
As a disclaimer, all of the information below is publicly available. I'm just relaying the information.

On the VaxxMaxx Site, there is a link in the middle of the page that says "Detailed instructions can be found by clicking here". This is a link to a PDF that has step by step instructions better than mine, with screenshots that make it easy to follow along.

The best option I've found for booking appointments is through the following steps:
> Access www.vaxxmaxx.com
> Search for your state/zip code
> Select Either "RiteAid" or "Walgreens" (Personally, rite aid has had FAR more vaccines available)
> In a separate window, access https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/apt-scheduler
> Fill out the information on the above Rite Aid site, it is some simple questions that qualify a person for the vaccine

> Return to your vaxxmaxx.com window
> Once the State and Zip code are entered, the site will automatically load the Addresses of Rite Aids that have vaccine appointments available
> You can click on "Copy" next to the address of the Rite Aid
> Return to your Rite Aid window
> Paste the Address
> Click Next 
> Most of the time, you'll get the message "Apologies, no vaccines are available" BUT if you're persistent, you can get through to the next page where you enter your information and schedule the appointment.

Some additional information: The way I understand this works is RiteAid/Walgreens makes their information about vaccine appointments/locations publicly available. The VaxxMaxx site just gathers that information and puts the places Addresses in an easy to read place. The site will auto update with new information as it is available. 

You have to be quick, but it's possible. My advice would be to check a few times during your day, with a focus on early in the morning, or late after midnight. 

bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2267
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 13:12:36 (permalink)
DeadGator401
@bigfoot and anyone else who might be looking or knows those looking for the Vaccine. The below are some steps to try and obtain an appointment for Rite Aid/Walgreens in PA. 
As a disclaimer, all of the information below is publicly available. I'm just relaying the information.

On the VaxxMaxx Site, there is a link in the middle of the page that says "Detailed instructions can be found by clicking here". This is a link to a PDF that has step by step instructions better than mine, with screenshots that make it easy to follow along.

The best option I've found for booking appointments is through the following steps:
> Access www.vaxxmaxx.com
> Search for your state/zip code
> Select Either "RiteAid" or "Walgreens" (Personally, rite aid has had FAR more vaccines available)
> In a separate window, access https://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/apt-scheduler
> Fill out the information on the above Rite Aid site, it is some simple questions that qualify a person for the vaccine

> Return to your vaxxmaxx.com window
> Once the State and Zip code are entered, the site will automatically load the Addresses of Rite Aids that have vaccine appointments available
> You can click on "Copy" next to the address of the Rite Aid
> Return to your Rite Aid window
> Paste the Address
> Click Next 
> Most of the time, you'll get the message "Apologies, no vaccines are available" BUT if you're persistent, you can get through to the next page where you enter your information and schedule the appointment.

Some additional information: The way I understand this works is RiteAid/Walgreens makes their information about vaccine appointments/locations publicly available. The VaxxMaxx site just gathers that information and puts the places Addresses in an easy to read place. The site will auto update with new information as it is available. 

You have to be quick, but it's possible. My advice would be to check a few times during your day, with a focus on early in the morning, or late after midnight. 

Thank you.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3725
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 13:18:57 (permalink)
Bigfoot, is your sister here in Western PA?  If so, what county and area?

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8442
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 13:44:01 (permalink)
snagr

even as only a coach at a school, i was given an opportunity to get one if i wanted but passed.  doesn't feel right to me to jump the line since i've already had covid anyway and i know too many people that really want and need it more than i do that are still having trouble getting it.  i'd still like to see more about any potential long term effects as well.  

Hopefully the PIAA doesn't end up requiring them of coaches.

I would prefer if they had teachers, essential workers, smokers, obese and other people with non-life threatening health conditions in the 1B or whatever numbering system.  Since teachers were put into this group late, they are basically 1B1.  If those without any serious health conditions (including those in "health care" that sit behind a computer and never see a COVID patient or even patients with serious health conditions, what is the difference between them, teachers or grocery store workers when it comes to COVID?  If those people weren't added to 1A, every senior would be vaccinated before any teacher got a shot.  It was all a clusterfluk.

For having Covid, I personally think you are doing the right thing and I usually side with the health officials.  Too many unknowns either way.  The vaccines are basically trying to trick your body into thinking it had Covid...  For all of the potential side effects of the vaccine, why put yourself through that if chances are that you are most likely immune at least for a few months.  Get it in a few months when it is available at every Dr.'s office if there are more and more people getting it twice.  Those numbers are extremely low of people getting it twice.
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 13:57:39 (permalink)
Vaccines apparently are helping to protect against other strains. Not sure about immunity against other strains if you've had it.   90 days is what the CDC is saying about immunity if you've had it.  After that there's no guarantees. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 16:44:54 (permalink)
LDD
there's no guarantees. 

On anything!  

I personally have not heard concerning enough numbers of people that had the first strain, then getting infected by a new strain and beyond that it being severe.  There is definitely some reinfection, but I haven't heard of any severe cases, again could be happening.  Just like those having major side effects with the vaccines, it is extremely low, but is happening.  None of us know exact numbers on any of this, but seems almost a wash to me.  Both can happen and be horrible, but so can a lot of bad things.  He is doing a good deed, IMO.   
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1230
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 16:57:10 (permalink)
I got my first shot Thursday and have had no side affects.  Second shot in 3 weeks.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2834
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/11 18:50:50 (permalink)
They are saying 90 days because thats all the info they have now since the shots are only bout 90 days into being given.
Looking out a year or so there is a lot of talk of possibly needing a one year booster kinda like the flu shot.
They arent even sure about the one year thing yet but it seems a likely scenario.
If so it will be easy to get with everyone on board giving out shots that dont need to be frozen- again like the flu shots- perhaps even being given along with them.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/03/11 18:54:16
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/12 12:00:29 (permalink)
LDD
Vaccines apparently are helping to protect against other strains. Not sure about immunity against other strains if you've had it.   90 days is what the CDC is saying about immunity if you've had it.  After that there's no guarantees. 

i'll be sure to notify my immune system that it should have ceased any and all immune response against the hundreds of coronavirus variants on wednesday, per cdc guidelines.  

my b.m.i. is high enough that i'm in 1a for pa, so i could've had the vax before this weekend if i had hunted it down.  in my opinion, it's not fair for me to get it for a condition that i can control before somebody who is older or has serious health problems that they can't control.  i think it's patently ridiculous that i could jump the line regardless of risk factors because i coach middle school hoops and track on the side, before somebody who is in a truly high risk category because of things that they can't control.  

maybe down the road when it's more broadly available and we see that there are no serious long term effects, i'll consider it as something worthwhile for me.  i'm not an anti vaxxer.  i have all my shots, and our kids are up to date on all of theirs.  i support the decision of those who want it or feel that they need it to get it - two of them live with me and i didn't try to talk them out of it.  i'm glad it's here, becoming more widely available, and hope that it works as advertised for those that want it and feel like they can benefit from it.  so far it seems to be and we should all be thankful for that.  

based on the information i've read about robust and long lasting immunity from natural infection, i like my chances right now without it.  the only guarantee in regards to my health is that i will die someday from something.  i don't really spend a whole lot of time thinking about when and how that might be, and by the end of march last year, i pretty much stopped being concerned that covid could be the how.  avoiding getting covid again isn't something that i'll spend a whole lot of time thinking about.  if i get it, i get it.  if i die from it, i die from it. if i get really sick from it, i get really sick from it.  in the meantime, i'll keep living with as much normalcy as i can and allow my kids to live with as much normalcy as they can. i'll assume that others who want to gather socially with me without mitigation measures, or allow their kids to do the same with my kids, feel the same way.  and i'll respect the decisions of those who don't feel the same way and choose to live with much more caution. 

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/12 13:01:59 (permalink)
snagr
LDD

i'll be sure to notify my immune system that it should have ceased any and all immune response against the hundreds of coronavirus variants on wednesday, per cdc guidelines.  

my b.m.i. is high enough that i'm in 1a for pa, so i could've had the vax before this weekend if i had hunted it down.  in my opinion, it's not fair for me to get it for a condition that i can control before somebody who is older or has serious health problems that they can't control.  i think it's patently ridiculous that i could jump the line regardless of risk factors because i coach middle school hoops and track on the side, before somebody who is in a truly high risk category because of things that they can't control.  

maybe down the road when it's more broadly available and we see that there are no serious long term effects, i'll consider it as something worthwhile for me.  i'm not an anti vaxxer.  i have all my shots, and our kids are up to date on all of theirs.  i support the decision of those who want it or feel that they need it to get it - two of them live with me and i didn't try to talk them out of it.  i'm glad it's here, becoming more widely available, and hope that it works as advertised for those that want it and feel like they can benefit from it.  so far it seems to be and we should all be thankful for that.  

based on the information i've read about robust and long lasting immunity from natural infection, i like my chances right now without it.  the only guarantee in regards to my health is that i will die someday from something.  i don't really spend a whole lot of time thinking about when and how that might be, and by the end of march last year, i pretty much stopped being concerned that covid could be the how.  avoiding getting covid again isn't something that i'll spend a whole lot of time thinking about.  if i get it, i get it.  if i die from it, i die from it. if i get really sick from it, i get really sick from it.  in the meantime, i'll keep living with as much normalcy as i can and allow my kids to live with as much normalcy as they can. i'll assume that others who want to gather socially with me without mitigation measures, or allow their kids to do the same with my kids, feel the same way.  and i'll respect the decisions of those who don't feel the same way and choose to live with much more caution. 

Do you feel there's any social responsibility on an individual to inform others of a personal decision like this, instead of assuming? (Being that it could directly put others at risk)
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/12 14:53:08 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Do you feel there's any social responsibility on an individual to inform others of a personal decision like this, instead of assuming? (Being that it could directly put others at risk)

i was just referring to friends and close acquaintances who are like minded if that's what you were getting at.  people with whom i have established relationships that i've been doing stuff like this with for the past year on and off anyway and who think similarly about all of this.  i know who those people are in my life, and when there are situations where i'm not sure, i ask what people are comfortable with.  of course i feel a responsibility to let them know if i'm sick, or someone in my house is sick, and it's reciprocal.  

i have friends and close acquaintances who aren't ready for getting together yet.  extended family too.  my dad lives with my oldest brother and his wife, and they only allow us to visit my dad outside and distanced, which is cool cause it's their house and they have to deal with any of the consequences if my dad would get it.  i know who these people are in my life too.  

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/12 16:28:04 (permalink)
snagr
DeadGator401

i was just referring to friends and close acquaintances who are like minded if that's what you were getting at.  people with whom i have established relationships that i've been doing stuff like this with for the past year on and off anyway and who think similarly about all of this.  i know who those people are in my life, and when there are situations where i'm not sure, i ask what people are comfortable with.  of course i feel a responsibility to let them know if i'm sick, or someone in my house is sick, and it's reciprocal.  

i have friends and close acquaintances who aren't ready for getting together yet.  extended family too.  my dad lives with my oldest brother and his wife, and they only allow us to visit my dad outside and distanced, which is cool cause it's their house and they have to deal with any of the consequences if my dad would get it.  i know who these people are in my life too.  

Ah that's good to know. I hope you can see your dad in a normal way soon.
JM2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1018
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/12 21:45:58 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 08:50:17 (permalink)
Justified or not, AstraZeneca Covid vaccine currently taking a beating and being temporarily halted in quite a few countries.  Seems there are additional cases of clotting issues "perceived" to be related to the vaccine and it seems like many are middle aged women too.  

Sad to see Marvin Hagler passing and even this event is loosely tied to him possibly passing due to vaccine complications.  Thomas Hearns posted about it before he passed.  

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 13:09:18 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Justified or not, AstraZeneca Covid vaccine currently taking a beating and being temporarily halted in quite a few countries.  Seems there are additional cases of clotting issues "perceived" to be related to the vaccine and it seems like many are middle aged women too.  

here's a pretty interesting article/letter from an md/phd warning of potential complications like this caused by vaccinating folks - particularly seniors - that have recently had covid.  written in january, specifically in regards to pfizer and moderna.  he advocates for antibody screening before vaccination.  

https://noorchashm.medium.com/a-letter-of-warning-to-fda-and-pfizer-on-the-immunological-danger-of-covid-19-vaccination-in-the-7d17d037982d

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 13:38:20 (permalink)
That theory may be getting some attention out in the country--
 A guy up the road had it recently and got better- said he truly thought he was going to die as he had a bad case.
He is not allowed to take the vaccine now as the anitbodys are in his system- Not sure when that will change but it goes along with the gist of the info you just provided IMHO.
Says it doesnt bother him at all because the antibodies are doing just what the vaccine would anyhow.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 13:45:30 (permalink)
It would be nice if they had ramped up the antibody testing and made it readily available for everyone.  Either highly subsidized or free.  Over the counter preferably or to every pharmacy around.  If we vaccinated those without antibodies first, it would lead to a much quicker heard immunity, which is supposedly the goal.  

As for the risks, it is horrible, but it wasn't a secret that there would be risks.  From what I have read, there is 1:1,000,000 reported cases of blood clotting to vaccines given in Great Britton, which has used the most Astra Zeneca vaccinations.  They don't have any proof as of yet that the vaccine has anything to do with the clotting, but I imagine it does and they will find the link, but who knows.  It is horrible being one of the unfortunate ones, but that is a very low amount.  Obviously, that could change as more and more people get vaccinations and time elapses.

Don't get me wrong, I will keeping an eye on reports of issues and will be requesting the one with the lowest risks.  I still have another few months before they will jab me anyway.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 13:54:41 (permalink)
Porktown
It would be nice if they had ramped up the antibody testing and made it readily available for everyone.  Either highly subsidized or free.  Over the counter preferably or to every pharmacy around.  If we vaccinated those without antibodies first, it would lead to a much quicker heard immunity, which is supposedly the goal.  

100% agree.

i don’t know the costs for antibody testing (despite searching) but it’s difficult to imagine that it’s cost prohibitive as a part of the whole covid response. it’s standard procedure for blood donations
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 14:14:45 (permalink)
I don't know of costs on a massive scale.  I would imagine if the Federal Govt. were to buy 500M, they could probably do for relatively cheap per test.  I agree, I couldn't see it being much of a cost issue in the grand scheme of things.  The sooner things are "back to normal", the sooner the economic recovery can really happen, which what will pay the bills.

I know you can get one at some pharmacies for $100.  Which I'm debating to do myself.  I had asked my company if they would pay in May-June when I started travelling again.  They said no...  Doesn't hurt to try!  I have debated to give blood too.  Probably what I will do.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 14:18:21 (permalink)
Well, I guess if you aren't already not allowed to donate blood for some other reason, for your own knowledge and protection you can always donate a pint well before you think you may get a vaccine and you will be doing a service as well as possibly finding out if you have/have had Covid....I wonder how long results for the antibody testing associated with blood donation take to come back to you?

Also looks like convalescent plasma treatment for Covid doesn't do much of anything.

PaYakr
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 14:50:48 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Well, I guess if you aren't already not allowed to donate blood for some other reason, for your own knowledge and protection you can always donate a pint well before you think you may get a vaccine and you will be doing a service as well as possibly finding out if you have/have had Covid....I wonder how long results for the antibody testing associated with blood donation take to come back to you?

Also looks like convalescent plasma treatment for Covid doesn't do much of anything.

I recall it took 3-4 weeks after donating to learn of the antibody results, but was also told not to be too confident in the results. Last I spoke to Red Cross staff about it, they didn’t think the antibodies remained in your blood for very long and weren’t confident the testing they were using could differentiate COVID-19 antibodies from other coronavirus antibodies. Still a lot of unknowns out there.
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1471
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 17:10:34 (permalink)
Some insurance companies will cover the anti body testing or at least my wife’s did. She has UPMC and it only costs her her co-pay

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/15 21:58:01 (permalink)
Thanks yote. I’ll have to call around and see if mine does.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/16 19:08:26 (permalink)
Biden says to keep wearing masks till everyone is vaccinated, which will never happen with so many saying no to the shots.
He also says perhaps we can have 4th of july with limited people at  an outdoors small picnic.

He also doesnt say there is a crisis at the border where a few weeks ago over 120 at one check point in Brownsville Texas tested positive for 19 and were eventually put on busses with dozens of other passengers and transported here and there throughout the country and released with instructions to quarantine at their place of arrival----
yea right--If that was Americans they would call it a Covid mass infestation opportunity.

Not just for those testing positive  but for the whole busload of now exposed people-and the driver. Heck, they have NO means of quarantining even if they were so inclined.
Political butt covering BS advise-

All the  while we Americans are still prohibited from  things we used to enjoy in our old lives.
And they made fun of Trump saying America First--
Joe is certainly making it Americans second- illegals have priority- to infect.

Joe ran as a middle of the road guy- seems the only middle he is in is the dotted white line between two Left lanes.
He is showing his lack of clarity and lack of true concern for we Citizens over illegals.
The illegal positive test issue shows him to be a phony with constant 19 harping as though he cares when actions show he clearly does not- Just a political hack.

I gave him room to prove himself for a while but this is the most relevant issue of our time and he has quickly lost all sense of perspective IMHO and has lost me completely.
Actually his policy is rather dangerous.

Sorry for the shouting but have been living like an old  hermit for more than a year and just got my second shot and the president now says keep acting like a hermit but its Ok for these guys to run amok--
NOT my president any more---

post edited by r3g3 - 2021/03/16 20:07:19
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1961
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/16 21:05:31 (permalink)
He's not anyones president.
#puppetboy

BH
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1080
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/17 06:32:38 (permalink)
He doesn't even know he's the president!!!!! Its his comrades pulling the strings
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/20 19:26:52 (permalink)
Calling Dr Fauci calling dr Fauci- HEY where have ya been- you got us double masking till 2022 or 3 or 4  and all scardey cat about new versions of the virus but WHEEEEERE are you on all those illegals storming into the country with 19 and being transported far and wide by your boss-----
Scardey cat to bite the hand that feeds him I betcha---
His silence is deafening-----------and verifies he is a fraud.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/03/20 23:15:07 (permalink)
r3g3
Calling Dr Fauci calling dr Fauci- HEY where have ya been- you got us double masking till 2022 or 3 or 4  and all scardey cat about new versions of the virus but WHEEEEERE are you on all those illegals storming into the country with 19 and being transported far and wide by your boss-----
Scardey cat to bite the hand that feeds him I betcha---
His silence is deafening-----------and verifies he is a fraud.

Usually it's better to read these and laugh to myself over coffee but this one got me intrigued. 

Dr. Fauci is supposed to be involved in immigration issues now?
Page: << < ..9192939495.. > >> Showing page 91 of 112
Jump to: