Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 46
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7441
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 08:50:20 (permalink)
Japan PM is proposing to postpone the Olympics for a year.  Olympic committee is insane to try to push forward this year, IMO.  No doubt, we need to get back to normal when this goes away and they have a ton of money invested.  But these are the top athletes in the world at their sports, most gave up their childhood at this one chance for most.  Not only the athletes, but their families gave up much of their kid's lives, their entire families should be able to go to this and not be at risk or putting others at risk.  Many are unable to practice right now.  Some are and able to practice a lot more than others.  If they were to move forward this year, it wouldn't be representative of who actually was the best.  Which is what it is supposed to be.  Granted, the Olympics are no where near the importance of public safety, but is and always has been the premier international competition that brings the world together in a positive light.

Even if this malaria cocktail is a cure for COVID-19, which we should all be hoping it or something else soon is, I still don't think the Olympics are a good idea.  Let us all get back to normal lives, work and operations for a while first.  Once this threat is over, the economy of each country effected should be the primary focus.  A year of working on the economy would allow for many more fans and families of those athletes to be able to attend.  I think it would be a huge celebration next year as compared to some eerie shell of what past Olympics have been, even if a cure is here.  Even if this is a cure, it would take a few months for the entire world to be rid of this thing.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2376
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 08:59:40 (permalink)
Seems trump wants to shift blame onto the state governors soon . Going to try and start up all the businesses soon ....look out now ! 

Now the blame pressure will be off him he thinks . 

I heard on the TV news ...... about that republican BS in the stimulus package they don't want to disclose until 6 months later the names of some of the companies that received money ! What kind of BS is that !  Why ?  Hiding something that's why !!!!...yea it's sad 

Once again both sides have some ridiculous things to toss out and get it done !  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11351
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 09:32:27 (permalink)
Pork, as for the olympics, a bit before your time...πŸ€” even before my time πŸ€—. When, as compared to today, musical bands and singers actually had talent.

"Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall"

1944 song performed as a duet by The Ink Spots, featuring Bill Kenny, and Ella Fitzgerald.

Yep it sucks that so much is transpiring worldwide causing so many people to sacrifice.

Butt better to be safe today and play again tomorrow.

Serves this country right for letting our politicians give China full control of our destiny... but that's another story.

Making lemonaide from lemons.... the cancellation gives the fake news networks something "new" to whine about.

Hey speaking of fake news... noticed the difference in the looks of the anchors and bobbleheads??? Now's the time to see the "real" show host now that they must do their own makeup.

πŸ€” Reminds me of a song by the "InkSpots" made back in 1944. πŸ€—

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 09:36:38 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Seems trump wants to shift blame onto the state governors soon . Going to try and start up all the businesses soon ....look out now !Β 

Now the blame pressure will be off him he thinks .Β 

I heard on the TV news ...... about that republican BS in the stimulus package they don't want to disclose until 6 months later the names of some of the companies that received money ! What kind of BS is that !Β  Why ?Β  Hiding something that's why !!!!...yea it's sadΒ 

Once again both sides have some ridiculous things to toss out and get it done !Β Β 

πŸ€” Let's see.... hold up an economy stimulus package over company names or hold up that package over paying off student loans and causing airlines to reduce carbon footprinting.... hmmmm decisions, decisions, decisions???

BTW... Your state is the responsibility of your governor and not the federal government.

Strange... when it comes to such items such as abortion the federal government is told to back off but when your governor cannot execute his responsibilty in times of a crisis.... it's the federal governments fault. πŸ€”Interesting.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/24 09:45:34

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 10:11:33 (permalink)
So Barr comes on TV and warns of hoarding and price gouging. Not the home owner he says, butt the warehouses and suppliers.

Wonder if that includes the abortion clinics found to be hoarding medical supplies needed on the front lines??

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1953
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 10:45:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Lucky13 2020/03/24 14:10:51
Trump mentions a chemical showing promise against 19 on TV.
Couple at home says HEY we got that stuff for cleaning the fish tank.
Soooo they eat some.
He dies she lived.
Now the Libs are screaming its Trumps fault.

Two things-
1- ya cant fix stupid
2-ya cant make this stuff up
ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 815
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 11:08:45 (permalink)
It is funny that in the past every crisis was George Bush's . Fast forward now its Donald Trumps fault.Somehow we just missed Barry Obamas crisis's he just used to blame everyone else not himself. Funny hoe just yesterday he came out of hibernation when economy is in tank but never a peep  the last 3 years while it was booming. 
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4504
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 11:22:12 (permalink)
Just talked with my pharmacist friend. He is concerned for his small hospital.

No, he is not at all concerned about being overwhelmed by virus patients or running out of any medical supplies.

His concern is that it will not survive financially. Currently, they are sitting at 25% of normal bed occupancy, with staff, which needs to be there in case of an influx of virus patients (even though there have been none at his facility), just standing around, himself included.

Small hospitals like his, and many that service rural areas, stay afloat with elective surgeries, none of which are being performed. He is in full agreement with not doing them at this point in time. But he sees the damage which may result, including losing these small facilities which will force patients in the future to either go without care or need to resort to more urban hospitals, which are more susceptible to diseases, infections, and shortages.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 11:51:46 (permalink)
DarDys
Just talked with my pharmacist friend. He is concerned for his small hospital.

No, he is not at all concerned about being overwhelmed by virus patients or running out of any medical supplies.

His concern is that it will not survive financially. Currently, they are sitting at 25% of normal bed occupancy, with staff, which needs to be there in case of an influx of virus patients (even though there have been none at his facility), just standing around, himself included.

Small hospitals like his, and many that service rural areas, stay afloat with elective surgeries, none of which are being performed. He is in full agreement with not doing them at this point in time. But he sees the damage which may result, including losing these small facilities which will force patients in the future to either go without care or need to resort to more urban hospitals, which are more susceptible to diseases, infections, and shortages.

I wonder if this hydroxychloroquine works if there are $Bs in health care funding, that those small hospitals will end up with funds that were meant for a potential large scale virus outbreak?  I would have to imagine that those administrators will note that they pushed back those elective surgeries and other profits to be ready for an outbreak. 

Here is a good read on the hydroxychloroquine as well.  I would expect elective surgeries to be held off for a while, even with this treatment.  It sounds like it clears people up relatively quickly (data now says 70% effective rate), but for at least the time being, most are still taking up hospital beds.  Although, I think most hospitals are figuring the elective surgeries would be on hold until things clear up, hopefully this clears it up much quicker.  This article says there is a risk of cardiac arrhythmias, so imagine those with a bad ticker, might be at risk of taking the meds, but other than that seems safe.  I think the French clinical trials that discovered this, must have had higher dosing, from what the one Dr. was quoted as saying about the heart issue.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marybethpfeiffer/2020/03/22/one-patient-dodges-a-covid-bullet-is-she-a-harbinger-or-outlier/#448ef9f05b84 

Supposedly NY and other states are going full steam ahead with using as treatment, so the next few days will be interesting to see if it has positive results.  If I got this virus and started to develop pneumonia from it, I'd definitely be asking for it...
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4504
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 12:11:18 (permalink)
I would agree that small hospital administrators may try to tap in as you suggest. Whether they can or not will remain to be seen. I have little faith that Congress would think that far ahead. Such action is above my contact’s pay grade, so they would have no knowledge of it.
post edited by DarDys - 2020/03/24 12:32:57

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 12:21:21 (permalink)
Seems the Ohio governor and our Pa. governor are about on the same playing field with all the shutdowns and precautions .....nice to see opposite parties thinking exactly the same .
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 513
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 12:24:48 (permalink)
My god, this thread... it’s like a Petri dish for trump apologism and misinformation.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 12:28:27 (permalink)
Shhhhhh
adults are talking
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 12:34:45 (permalink)
Side affects common with any drug especially in long term use.

This drug has been in long term use treating Malaria, Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis for many years.

Good results are being reported when Hydroxychloroquine is used in conjunction with an antibiotic like Zithromycin.

One advantage with these two meds is results are seen almost immediately, reducing the need for long term use. Also, reduced doses HydroxyChloroquine has proven to be effective as a prophylaxis which means it can be used as a preventative. Definitely a plus for those serving in the health & public safety fields.

I too, if I were in a bad way with Covid-19, would chance any side effects. Hell feel free to us me for the test.... I already got the dummy part down.

I'm sure testing is necessary when dealing with "different strokes for different folks" and maybe a good idea to know about exact dosage to boot.

🀞🏼🀞🏼🀞🏼 Not behind my back either... my hopes are high that a treatment is found (and approved) within the next couple of minutes.

Be well and remember.... stay away from me, 10-4😷

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 12:40:01 (permalink)
MyWar
My god, this thread... it’s like a Petri dish for trump apologism and misinformation.

You should know about petri dishes (a/k/a fish tanks) ..... now go away before you get sprayed with chloroquine phosphate. I hear it's toxic to lieing bigot parasites.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/24 12:43:23

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 13:00:05 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Seems the Ohio governor and our Pa. governor are about on the same playing field with all the shutdowns and precautions .....nice to see opposite parties thinking exactly the same .

I can agree with that Capt, and might even enjoy a little crow if the situation at hand, continues to improve.

Butt I do need to give credit where credit is due and that would be to Trump for serving as a role model. "Do your job & screw what the press says about ya". πŸ™‰

Be well, stay safe & keep your distance.

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3323
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 13:24:24 (permalink)
My wife's friend takes Plaquenil for lupus (name brand hydroxychloroquine) and has no side effects from it.  Not sure what dosage she takes.  I hope that it is beneficial.  

I also hope the antigen/antibody test gets developed real soon and any one that wants it, can get it so we can see who has been exposed and who should be "let back loose into the wild" to try and get the country back to normal again.

Just ignore Mywar....he is delusional.  At least most of the others that have differing opinions can talk like adults and actually have a good discussion....

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 13:35:38 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
has proven to be effective as a prophylaxis which means it can be used as a preventative. Definitely a plus for those serving in the health & public safety fields.

This is something that I would definitely want clinical trials first for, if I were to personally use for prevention.  I'd imagine they have some clinical trials going on right now for it with a few healthcare professionals that volunteered.  It appears that the test kits are making their way to the more highly effected areas more and health/safety officials (I believe) have priority.  Some with as little as 45 minute results.  Which would have been nice to have weeks ago.  

I personally wouldn't take as a preventative at this time, even as a health care worker in an outbreak area.  But I would get tested at every sniffle/cough and be put on as treatment instantly...  My hypothetical is probably giving more individual control to those professionals than they likely have.  

As for the clinical trials to use on the public right now for treatment, I say good move on modifying the procedure.  I completely understand why they do the trials and why a life long professional like Fauci did not jump on board Trump's "We have the cure!!!" parade...  But right now, you ask the patient if they would be willing to use, if they say yes, they are part of the clinical trial... 

Did Trump get a little overexcited about the treatment, maybe, but he is the President.  His job is not to be a clinical Doctor (although he pretends he is an expert of everything).  But his job is to give the public hope and optimism.  His job is to try to cut the red tape as much as possible in a crisis.  He seemed to do that with these drugs.  And deserves credit for that, even if they aren't the cure.  That said, it is Trump, he will most likely tell everyone that he came up with the cure and single-handedly saved the world...  French clinical trial?  That is fake news...  He does deserve credit for the optimism that he has brought and doing what he could to speed things up.  

France and South Korea are also actively using and pretty sure NY started today, as well as a handful of Dr.s around the country that I guess, just used "without permission" from the FDA.  So we should know in the next few days if it is close to the French testing sample.  
post edited by Porktown - 2020/03/24 13:43:25
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 13:57:43 (permalink)
Interesting that one Dr had a pretty good result from the Malaria drug testing with a z pack and that some who have tried it have also reported good results- not all but enough to make it worthwhile IMHO.
Also of interest is that in some African countries where the drug is taken by many regularly there seems a far lower infection rate.
Like T says - its worth trying.
Everything else is still quite a way out there timewise.

PS- could actually understand opening things up in a couple of weeks- as long as we seniors with issues have learned to continue distancing and safety issues- along with nursing homes and hospitals continuing safety procedures.
Especially if this Malaria drug gets out there for a preventative -to some degree.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/24 14:05:09
Lucky13
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1982
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 14:20:37 (permalink)
My wife and I had a discussion  about having to continue the hand washing and treating the outside world as contaminated , and cleaning the inside world and especially our hands when we've been outside, or touched anything outside, for a loooooong time, just yesterday.   But I am rooting for anything they can come up with that knocks it down sooner.   Too bad the virus doesn't require fish catching to survive, a lot of us would likely be immune!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 15:06:07 (permalink)
What... wait, fish catching??? Hell if I did catch a fish, it be one them dam carp infected with the coronacarp virus. stupid fish.

Pork I see where yall is comin from but the Hydroxychloroquine has been used many years as a preventive to Malaria. Folks are started on lower doses, weeks before entering places stricken with Malaria staying on a daily routine during their stay and a couple weeks after leaving.

I am not fond of taking any kind of meds especially "flu shots" and if it comes in pointy stick in the butt form.... it aint even happening.

r3 I find that interesting too. Reports of the Hydroxychloroquine used with an antibiotic seem promising then I hear doctors say they are administering the chloroquine with no mention of other meds. and acting as if the results are so so.

Maybe they don't want to get hopes up, I dunno.

Eyes, I can't ignore MyLiar. He's like a really bad itch... πŸ€”maybe Terrasil would help.

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 15:07:30 (permalink)
Fella on one of the blogs from a 32,000 populated town in Ny reported his wife - a nurse- says their little hospital has extra beds due to the non elective rules and that the distancing has certainly cut back on the flu.
Heavily congested areas like NYC of course are a different story.
Social distancing works.

Been- the flu shot works and is worth taking- especially as we age.
Why roll the dice any more than ya gotta.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/24 15:10:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 15:09:51 (permalink)
r3 that's certainly positive. I hope it remains that way.

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 15:23:38 (permalink)
Idiots abound-
Here in CT over near the NY border some bright bulb decided a few weeks back to have an adult 50 person birthday party.
Now approx. half of them have 19 and have spread it all over the place.
Thanks- dumb azz.

Their pictures and names should be on the front page of every newspaper in the State.
Public shaming seems appropriate.

post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/24 15:27:19
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 16:05:46 (permalink)
I think everyone needs to look at their own area week to week, but keep in mind what's out there and what the possibilities are. Maybe some areas of the country can return sooner maybe with a single shift for starters. I think employers and employees along with sound local medical advice can toss around ideas and what makes safety sense for all . 

I feel waiting a good month or longer altogether is still the safest bet for now till more info is absorbed by all .   
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 16:56:51 (permalink)
r3g3
Shhhhhh
adults are talking

Well here is some big boy talk for the adults in the room.

The CDC updates coronavirus statistics daily which can be found on their website here, which includes number of cases, number of fatalities & suspected mode of transmission.

From the CDC's website linked above:

There are 44,183 confirmed cases of corona virus in the US as of today 3/24/20.
There were 18,747 cases as of 3/20/20.
There were 7,038 on 3/17/20.

That means the number of cases is doubling roughly every 3-4 days. My prediction is that we will hit 90,000 cases by about 3/27/20, then 200,000+ by this time next week, and somewhere around half a million cases before the end of next week (all of which I hope I am wrong about by the way). I'll also predict that we are at least two weeks from a taper on that exponential growth curve (which I also hope I am wrong about).

But as long as this number continues to rise exponentially, we are a long way off from things getting back to normal, or "going back to work", or "starting the economy back up" or whatever irresponsible garbage that Trump is spewing today. 

So let's just see what the numbers tell us, shall we? 
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 17:02:06 (permalink)
Or I guess you guys can just drink fish tank cleaner and hope for the best.
ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 815
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 17:07:32 (permalink)
Your forgetting to mention the recovered numbers of all those stats. Yes it will get worse much so that's a result of more testing. Garbage trump is spewing you mean get the stimulus package plan passed to help hold us over till maybe we can beat this? how about Pelosi impeached trump because he withheld aid from Ukraine But Pelosi and her gang are holding up aid for America!!!!!!! Personally I prefer aid for americans
JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 618
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 17:09:23 (permalink)
Not to confuse you any further than you already are, but the more testing you do the more cases you will confirm. They are increasing the number of tests being given daily. If they stop testing completely, the  number of new confirmed cases would drop to zero.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/24 17:48:00 (permalink)
To me, it is way to early to even be discussing when to stop the social distancing.  This is in it's infancy in the US.  Look at NY's numbers.  How they are growing exponentially and likely not seeing there peak for another week or two if they follow the same trend as other countries...  China is just starting to get back to normal, about 4 months after there's was reported to start.  Some are saying months prior...  Granted, I think we can do better than that, since China was struck out of the blue, and we seem to have figured out many things.  I am praying that those meds are the answer or at least help with something else going through trials with even better results.  We have scientists all over the world working on this, which does give me faith that we will be back to normal much faster than China.

This virus's numbers grow off of actions from 2 weeks ago and roughly 2.5 times more contagious than the flu.  We aren't even at 2 weeks since schools shut here, yet other measures taken.  Days after that for half of the people to actually follow those measures, many still aren't following...  I hope we don't come close to NY, but it hasn't even started in WPA unfortunately.  The numbers don't seem to be skyrocketing, which is a good thing, but they are definitely growing.  That is just those that were tested and you still need to give away your first born to be tested...

There are way too many factors to play out in the next few days and likely weeks to be talking an end to social distancing.  Wisconsin just ordered work at home...  This is something the experts that run epidemic modeling will be producing and showing to the local, state and federal leaders.  Hopefully in the next few days, they can have good positive data from these meds to put into their modeling that should help show a better picture.  

One thing is for certain, if these meds do work, we will need the pharma companies to go into overdrive and distribute throughout the US and same thing with testing.  If we can get to a point that everywhere in the country has testing readily available and hopefully meds that work as hope, then we can be a bit more confident in not overloading the healthcare system.  I don't the the experts on the subject would even consider recommending to go back to normal without that.  
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 46
Jump to: