Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..7172737475.. > >> Showing page 75 of 85
Author
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2054
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/11/30 08:49:20 (permalink)
This is in response to comments on the thread about ammo rules by @dardys , felt my pursuing this part of question was more appropriate here to avoid derailing the ammo conversation.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/25/fact-check-article-misconstrues-biden-covid-advisers-vaccine-stance/6424401002/

https://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/deadly-doctor/
Newsweek article, but no mention of "no vaccine for those over 65"

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-covid-adviser-ezekial-emmanuel-1546208

I am interested in reading any article in which a vaccination age cut off is mentioned.  Can a link please be provided, or more info regarding the article content which may help searching efforts?  I have no dog in the political fight, or in any 'us vs them' mentality, just looking for evidence or info from both sides to be informed. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7615
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/11/30 09:14:27 (permalink)
I overheard a good point yesterday on "who should be first" to receive the vaccine.  When they do these double blind studies, half of the people get shot in the arm with saline or whatever is in the placebo...  Then, I am pretty sure, are encouraged to get infected (although not exactly sure of instructions).  For those tens of thousands that put their life on the line for these human experiments for a vaccine that were unluckily randomly drawn to get the placebo, should be first in line if they want it.  I would hope that is already in their contract for stepping up to the plate for it in the first place. 

Good to hear that fringe media sources are keeping this political...  Can't say that I am the least bit surprised though.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4595
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/11/30 09:22:47 (permalink)
fL2,

See the ammo thread fir your answer.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 910
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/11/30 11:06:30 (permalink)
Fisherlady2
I am interested in reading any article in which a vaccination age cut off is mentioned.  Can a link please be provided, or more info regarding the article content which may help searching efforts?  I have no dog in the political fight, or in any 'us vs them' mentality, just looking for evidence or info from both sides to be informed. 

Wait, do you mean “because some random guy on a fishing forum says so” isn’t a good enough reason to believe that the Democrats want to kill people over the age of 65?

You mean you actual want “sources” for “information”???

I’m sorry, but you sound like an indoctrinated troll who is clearly working for Joe Biden.
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/11/30 12:34:33 (permalink)
Nope, not a troll... but sure feel like it some days when I get home from work! 

This article provides some interesting insights on the possible framework for vaccine rollout. 
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmsb2005114

From New England Journal of Medicine, in March,  if that is an acceptable source. 
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 271
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/11/30 12:40:29 (permalink)
Porktown
I overheard a good point yesterday on "who should be first" to receive the vaccine.  When they do these double blind studies, half of the people get shot in the arm with saline or whatever is in the placebo...  Then, I am pretty sure, are encouraged to get infected (although not exactly sure of instructions).  For those tens of thousands that put their life on the line for these human experiments for a vaccine that were unluckily randomly drawn to get the placebo, should be first in line if they want it.  I would hope that is already in their contract for stepping up to the plate for it in the first place. 

Good to hear that fringe media sources are keeping this political...  Can't say that I am the least bit surprised though.
Regarding the idea that volunteers are encouraged to get infected....no. I had the same idea until discussing it with my daughter, who is a PhD neuroscience researcher at the University of California. I can’t do justice to her full explanation but, in short, all participants are given the same instructions, including living their lives according to the best advice available to avoid getting sick. The goal is to mimic ordinary society, knowing that some will follow guidelines and some won’t. This is just scratching the surface.
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/11/30 12:51:42 (permalink)
Porktown

I would wholeheartedly agree that those willing to go through the risks of the trial should be jumped to head of the line. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/11/30 16:55:55 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
Regarding the idea that volunteers are encouraged to get infected....no. I had the same idea until discussing it with my daughter, who is a PhD neuroscience researcher at the University of California. I can’t do justice to her full explanation but, in short, all participants are given the same instructions, including living their lives according to the best advice available to avoid getting sick. The goal is to mimic ordinary society, knowing that some will follow guidelines and some won’t. This is just scratching the surface.

That makes sense ethically.

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2464
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/04 18:15:26 (permalink)
Welll --
NANCY JUST SHOWED US WHO SHE REALLY IS- AS THOUGH WE HADNT KNOWN--

Now she supports the skinny relief bill that she held up for  months..
Her reason ??
- her words--
Because we have a new President.

Yep-- business and folks suffered while Nancy refused to do it while Trump was President 
 Sooo now joes here and she now supports it for that reason???
In these times playing politics with this is beyond well, beyond--

There are words for her- but they would just get edited.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/12/04 18:19:54
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/04 19:34:08 (permalink)
Yea cuz all Nancy cares about is that LEGAL WEED.

House Democrats be nuthin’ but a bunch of satan worshipping reefer addicts spending our tax dollars on transsexual abortions and The War on Christmas.
snagr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 231
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/04 19:40:59 (permalink)
"The E Charité [Drosten] and N2 US CDC assays were positive for all specimens, including negative samples and negative controls (water)."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....c/articles/PMC7355678/

well how bout that? distilled water tested positive for the rona with the testing thresholds we use in the u.s.
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 757
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/04 19:45:44 (permalink)
MyWar
Yea cuz all Nancy cares about is that LEGAL WEED.

House Democrats be nuthin’ but a bunch of satan worshipping reefer addicts spending our tax dollars on transsexual abortions and The War on Christmas.

Congratulations, MyWar. You've finally made an intelligent deduction! You 'da man!

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 954
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/05 09:16:14 (permalink)
agreed Emitch, He's finally cured he has spilled his Tomi Tippy cup of blue kool aid!!!!!
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/05 10:25:21 (permalink)
Well just found out where I stand here in Ct in regard to the shots
First they said it was gonna be first responders and emergency folks and nursing homes -
Followed by older folks like me ( with issues)
made sense to me--

NOW its still those first responder folks and emergency folks and nursing homes first -

The second round will now go to PRISONERS

Am really starting to rethink a life of being a laws abiding clearly second class citizen,

Am waiting with bated breath for any new changes

Who knows  ?- as a pretty much sanctuary state maybe the illegals bump me next--
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/12/05 10:29:22
snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/05 11:38:37 (permalink)
r3, read up on zeke emmanuel and his think tank and what they recommend for Covid vaccine distribution. their plan is not necessarily going to be the u.s. plan but he is one of biden’s covid advisors. i have not seen or heard him say that folks over a certain age shouldn’t receive it but if you read their plan (easy to find on google) the over 65 demographic in the u.s. is not high on the list.

my dad and my in laws have been talking about the vaccine as well and hoping it gives them some more freedom. i’ve encouraged
them to read this article by the associate editor of the british medical journal.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj...rst-see-the-full-data/

there are still some huge questions about whether these vaccines will actually work as the makers claim.

not to mention that they were not tested in the elderly or kids and teens, and there is no data available on interactions with other medications.

this type of vaccine has never been distributed to people before. it is not dead or barely live virus like other vaccines. it actually causes your genetic material to produce the spike protein of coronavirus itself and then develop antibodies to that. there are absolutely zero long term studies on what this type of vaccine might do to your r.n.a. and/or d.n.a. in the long term.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/05 14:37:51 (permalink)
Thanks for the info--at 73 with some issues aiint too scardey cat about whatever 'long term is'.
Just wanna stop living like a hermit.
snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/05 17:22:57 (permalink)
i hear ya r3. my dad is 84 and fees the same and says he’ll prob get it if it’s available. my in laws (74) aren’t missing out on much and prob say they prob won’t take it.

guess if i was in my 60’s or 70’s or older i prob wouldn’t be too worried about ten or fifteen years down the road either.

hope for those that do want it and feel safe about getting it that it’s available soon and it works.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2515
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/06 19:15:23 (permalink)
Rudy was admitted today to Georgetown Medical Center with the Cornavirus. How many does that make in Orangeman's orbit? SmH @the incompetence/arrogance.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3435
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/06 19:52:12 (permalink)
Prayers to you Rudy for a full recovery.   Don't worry, we won't wish death upon you or the president like some of these "thoughtful and caring" democrats.....
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2515
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/06 21:32:44 (permalink)
I dont wish death on either one of those . Besides he will get treatments neither one of us would get. Just like the Orangeman did.
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 757
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 05:59:25 (permalink)
r3g3, it only stands to reason to make prisoners the second high priority to receive the vaccine. After all, ya can't have prisoners contractin', maybe even dyin' of the virus and therefore cheatin' the hangman out of his pound of flesh. With luck, maybe they'll live another 20-30 years so the state can spend the maximum amount of money on them to extract punishment for their crimes. Just shows the totally clear thinking of the lunatics in charge in the government.

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
snagr
Avid Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 08:22:12 (permalink)
the top 10 counties in the country by population had all mandated masks by june 19th

on that date, the 7-day avg. of cases in those counties was 120 per million. on 12/3, it was 476, a 297% increase

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

here’s how masks and lockdowns have worked in california, the most Covid compliant state in the country.

here’s michael osterholm, one of biden’s rona advisors, talking about masks in june well after “the science” says they work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CglBhn0znM

how long are we gonna keep pretending we can stop a virus from spreading?

Attachment(s)

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 09:22:45 (permalink)
r3g3
NOW its still those first responder folks and emergency folks and nursing homes first -

The second round will now go to PRISONERS

Am really starting to rethink a life of being a laws abiding clearly second class citizen,

I am not sure if this is part of the thought process or not from CT or other states? 

During the CDC round tables of who they would recommend first, there was a bit of concern including nursing homes.  This vaccine has not been tested on the frail elderly and if some would die from the side effects, it would cause major issues with the public trust in it.  Possibly, that was CT's thought process in using the prison population as more of a real life test population?  I do believe there were some elderly in the clinical trial, but not those typically living in personal care homes.  This is something that I would research a bit more if you are getting ready to take it. 

From what I have read on vaccines.  There are two different adverse affects, immediate and long term.  The immediate which are usually minor (fever, sore arm, etc.) is usually within a few days, which this vaccine supposedly has a bit more than other vaccines.  The long term is usually within a few months and more of the long lasting.  From what I have read, we are in the long term side effect window of those that took the clinical trial, but obviously not all of the way through it.  Part of why they are "dragging their feet" on approving the vaccines for mass distribution.

For those looking to take this vaccine early, this is a good article to prepare yourself. 

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6520/1022

I do not believe this was tested on kids either.  No way in heck, my kids are getting this unless there are clinical trials on kids first.  For how low risk they are at catching, yet even showing symptoms, I am much more concerned about a vaccine for them, than the actual virus.  They are mostly potential spreaders than anything.  For my age, the vaccine seems to be very effective and safe.  But the virus isn't all that worrisome for my demographic.  I don't see it available for me or my kids for a while anyway.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 10:01:23 (permalink)
I am quite sure that prisoners are high on the list because they are essentially wards of the state and have lawyers to sue for them if they get sick while incarcerated.

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1198
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 10:03:58 (permalink)
I watched a documentary this morning, I know WQED is FAKE NEWS, but they did change to the names to protect the innocent.  It was on the rise of Hitler and his good friend Mussolini. Amazing the reflection of Today. Wake up people or will you claim you just didn't know?
 Don't worry about Rudy, Father Donald will lay hands on him and the virus will magically go away! It's all FAKE aways.
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 10:14:09 (permalink)
snagr
the top 10 counties in the country by population had all mandated masks by june 19th

on that date, the 7-day avg. of cases in those counties was 120 per million. on 12/3, it was 476, a 297% increase

here’s how masks and lockdowns have worked in california, the most Covid compliant state in the country.

here’s michael osterholm, one of biden’s rona advisors, talking about masks in june well after “the science” says they work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CglBhn0znM

how long are we gonna keep pretending we can stop a virus from spreading?

Is this a fact or an opinion? How is this quantified? Are we talking actual people abiding by the mandates and recommendations or just the fact that they exist? IT has to be just them existing right?
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 11:28:12 (permalink)
r3g3
I am quite sure that prisoners are high on the list because they are essentially wards of the state and have lawyers to sue for them if they get sick while incarcerated.

Probably, but look on the bright side of them being an actual, real world, trial.  If there is some sort of major adverse reactions with them or nursing homes, your local news will cover if anything like the ones here.  With how many threads that I have read on here starting with "main stream media won't tell you this", meanwhile, I heard it on my local news 2-3 days prior...  
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 14:19:35 (permalink)
I am still absolutely astonished that we can ask people to do something as simple, easy and painless as wear a face covering in order to prevent the spread of disease, and people will still push back with pseudo scientific misinformation and nonsense. Despite the fact that are mountains of data in support of the benefits and efficacy of masks, people still insist on muddying the waters with bullshiit.

Why? What is to be gained here? Is it some kind of “I know something you don’t know” superiority complex? Or is it just total genuine disregard for the lives and safety of other people? Please help me understand.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 15:46:31 (permalink)
Agree
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/12/07 18:51:01 (permalink)
MyWar
I am still absolutely astonished that we can ask people to do something as simple, easy and painless as wear a face covering in order to prevent the spread of disease, and people will still push back with pseudo scientific misinformation and nonsense. Despite the fact that are mountains of data in support of the benefits and efficacy of masks, people still insist on muddying the waters with bullshiit.

Why? What is to be gained here? Is it some kind of “I know something you don’t know” superiority complex? Or is it just total genuine disregard for the lives and safety of other people? Please help me understand.

In my experience, it's this for the most part. A combination of arrogance and wanting to be right, while also being ignorant. A lot of people don't "even know anyone affected by this" so it's still not something that is tangible and real to them. It's just something the news says and with the world we live in now, anything any news says is taken with a bucket of salt. 

At best, wearing a mask can protect those around you from getting a disease. At worst, you're wearing a mask on your face and are slightly inconvenienced for a little bit.
It shouldn't even matter the disease, I'd be willing to be most people we all know, if given this choice would choose to do the right thing. OR at least I hope. 

Other thing too, social media is making those who aggressively choose not to wear a mask and get into incidents over it, seem like common place and its not - just being magnified. A trip to my local grocery store always seems to reassure me that people do in fact, care about those around them. (For the most part).
Page: << < ..7172737475.. > >> Showing page 75 of 85
Jump to: