Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 46
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11351
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 15:17:13 (permalink)
porktown
When this is all done, the facts will show. You can go through this thread and others on this board to see where many stood. Some have been taking this seriously for a while. While others denied and played it off as nothing and are now taking it seriously.

You meaning the "press/media" some are not taking serious?

As for DR. Fauci, ain't he the dude down playing data from other countries regarding the Malaria meds showing promise in fighting Covid-19. Is this the same DR Fauci who believes the meds for Malaria should be subject to long term testing before approving the med for treating Covid-19?

Beg your pardon for being skeptical.

I do hope, in the very near future, we do hear the truth of the matter but I sure as hell don't expect, that truth coming from the U.S. media... including FoxNews.

Nor do I expect any treatment becoming available soon, if Dr Fauci has anything to do with it.

The gooder part, US Doctors can prescribe the Malaria meds as it is widely used for Rheumatoid Arthritis and lupus.

porktown

Why hasn’t Trump or his team noted this?

Pork, Trump identified the virus as coming from China and ever since he's been accused of being racist. If you watch the live actual briefings you couldn't deny, the US Press is "not" concerned with providing "anyone" honest facts.

Let's bring the Malaria meds back into the conversation. Trump mentions the reports showing hope for the treatment having success and feels positive about the meds. Next, Dr Fauci gives his opinion of not using the medications until appropriate test are conducted, immediately followed by the dude from NBC accusing the president of giving false hope to Americans. When Trump responds, he is rudely interrupted (as usual) and calls the reporter ou, another reporter accuses Trump of "victimizing" news reporters, followed by another reporter (just happens to be black) accusing Trump of racism, for saying Covid-19 is a Chinese Virus.

Who & what should I believe.... let me think?

BTW... right now I believe "laughter is the best medicine" but I'll probably need extended test results, before I can prescribe that.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/22 15:24:42

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1953
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 15:25:57 (permalink)
Ya gotta remember that the Chinese New Year is their Christmas, New Years, 4 th of July and just about everything else all put on one holiday- Its a big deal and Chinese from around the world take the time to go home and reunite and celebrate at this time more than any other singular day each year.
Folk from the Italian Northern Chinese factories, folks from New York and the West Coast-many are also reportedly heavily involved with Irans nueclear ambitions and are present there.
Unfortunately those folks went home to celebrate right into the beginning of this heretofore unknown and un reported disaster- then returned.
Am sure there other sources but those areas are now some of the hardest hit.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/03/22 15:28:01
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 15:52:42 (permalink)
Porktown
r3g3
Also have to consider that Northern Italy had Chinese owned textile mills and many employees went home for the Chinese new year right in the onset of the disease before anyone else knew about it- Then they went back to Italy ..  
No wonder they got slammed.

Why hasn’t Trump or his team noted this? I would think a complete disservice to our public, if this is really how this spread. BTW, the “Chinese” part of Northern Italy is not the same as the one with the major outbreak. Granted, they could have stopped there, infected the others, then left and used the Chinese known cure that they aren’t sharing. I’m not discounting that China knows of a cure and not sharing. Same with Russia. Rather strange that Russia sharing a huge border with China, has less cases than PA. Granted, they don’t mess around when it comes to violating civil liberties.

Of course it's not the ONLY way it spread.  The first reported cases in Italy were in southern Italy, from two Chinese tourists, totally unconnected to this.  

You know I'm not a Trump lover.  I would imagine that it hasn't been said publicly because it's not yet absolutely verifiable, but is a plausible theory based on what can be drawn of the connections between China and northern Italy, and how travel happens between the two countries on a daily basis.  Even plausibility, or the lack of plausibility, has never kept Trump from saying something he didn't want to say.  Perhaps he feels like he's getting enough digs in at China right now?  I have no idea how his mind works, or doesn't work.  

I read that there were up to 6 or 8 direct flights a day between China and Italy, as well as quite a bit of illegal travel from China on a regular basis, to a very small area of the country, where many of the Chinese workers live in squalid conditions, like caged animals with poor sanitation and poor to no access to health care.  It doesn't take a genius to connect the dots here of why this has been so virulent in northern Italy.  It was a virtual petri dish.  

I've never really given much of a thought to China, politically or otherwise, until last week.  This isn't xenophobia, and I realize there's quite a bit of that out there right now on the Inturdnets directed at China.  Also quite a bit of what seems to be very legitimate criticism of their mishandling of this.  It's connecting the dots of why Italy is not necessarily the best comparison to the US for this pandemic.  As I've said all along, it might in fact end up being similar, especially in certain cities or small regions, and last week, all we kept hearing from the media was "LOOK AT ITALY!!!!!"  

So look at Italy.  There are a few very significant things that are different, one of which is the concentration of travelers from China into a very condensed region of Italy on a daily basis at a time when the virus was spreading very quickly in China and people were very sick from it, and likely carrying huge viral loads with them from China to Italy.    

As for Russia, I know zero about their relationship with China and have read zero about this virus in relation to them.  

Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 16:04:33 (permalink)
Porktown

When this is all done, the facts will show. You can go through this thread and others on this board to see where many stood. 

Do I have to?  Seems like cruel and unusual punishment.  hahaha.  

Porktown
Some have been taking this seriously for a while. While others denied and played it off as nothing and are now taking it seriously. If we all took it seriously from the beginning, we’d likely have no cases or very few with those communities quarantined. Instead we are all quarantined now.

Absolutely.  

A month ago, my thoughts were, "This is nothing more than influenza."  

My thoughts today are a lot different than they were, and maybe next week, they'll be a lot different than they are today.  

There are so many unknowns about this.  I think one thing we keep forgetting, including me, is that this is NOVEL Coronavirus, because it's new.  We don't know if it will further mutate.  We don't know if it will come back with a vengeance in a few months.  We don't know how long immunity to it will last.  But we're learning more every day, and there are a lot of muted voices out there that are really digging into this from a statistical standpoint at places that aren't exactly conservative bastions, saying, "Maybe we can pump the brakes on the panic a little bit."  Still cautious, still admitting a lot of uncertainty, but being drowned out by politicians and media who don't mind creating panic.  

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 16:25:16 (permalink)
Rsquared may I add had this happened, prior to 2016 would we be seeing the same actions we saw in China?

Not sure if we will see "panic" in the streets provided our grocery stores maintain supply's and gasoline stations stay open and I'm not sure how long the lines will need get at the stores and stations that can remain open.

All I'm sayin is I remember shopping one time on Black Friday. Neverrrrrr have again.🙈

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 859
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 17:00:01 (permalink)
Well something got me! Idk what it is but it's like a cat sat on my face! "I'm very allergic " I'm caughing and nose running...... my neighbor got the same thing to him. No fever or anything more of a nuisance........im with Trump on this one thanks CHINA ........ I never get sick neither ....... so I'm in the house with the dogs watching conspiracy theories on Netflix and YouTube

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3323
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 17:34:01 (permalink)
You think there is a panic now, wait until the internet gets a hiccup and goes down....
thunderpole
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 18:14:17 (permalink)
I'm wondering when the the power grid will be shut down and they bring in the national guard?

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 18:15:01 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
You think there is a panic now, wait until the internet gets a hiccup and goes down....

Nahhhhh, China wouldn't do that.... would they😱

DeBlasio calls on the President to get supplies moving. Bill say NY has maybe 10 days.

Guess DeBlasio didn't get the memo, Mayors are to coordinate through their governors. But, I can't say as I blame DeBlasio for not trusting Cuomo in getting things done so Bill, went where he knew he would get help.

Speaking of supplies, should the need for truck drivers arise I await the beckoning call, of my country.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 18:21:26 (permalink)
thunderpole
I'm wondering when the the power grid will be shut down and they bring in the national guard?

Fear not, my power company sends me notifications, assuring me they are doing everything possible (within their power) to continue service for as long as they can. 🤔

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 18:27:41 (permalink)
Thunderpole🤧 hope you recover quickly. Do keep us informed.

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1953
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 18:31:44 (permalink)
Good luck Thunder - hope it goes away quickly-its a bad allergy season- on top of everything else   going on.
thunderpole
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 18:49:07 (permalink)
It started Friday for me , Monday for my neighbor....... Iv tryed mucinex benedral nothing helps , it's just annoying. It's exactly as if I touched a cat and rubbed my face. Iv heard of these exact symptoms from people sounds like a 2 week deal ...... like I said I never get sick . I'm like everyone else I shower brush my teeth wash my hands ect. I'll also clean fish gut a deer rinse my hands in the mud and toss a chew in so it's gotta be something? When I do get sick it's always a 2 week deal for me typically this exact thing .... I don't panic if shtf I got a plan..... but all these gun laws there trying to squeek threw while no-one is looking is what concerns me the most and I'll be outa beer by tomorrow

thunderpole
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 18:57:06 (permalink)
I really don't like these sneaky gun laws there trying to pass, I like my guns alot I don't need a "license " to own them I did my 4473 . That's all you get , I might need a ccw license or sportsman license, I understand that, and 5$ a year I'm willing to pay

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2376
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 18:59:29 (permalink)
Your allergic to cat fishing ....better stop ! ...ease up on the meds and conspiracy shows your getting paranoid . ...all beer depots are still open.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 19:03:25 (permalink)
OKaaaaay here we go.....

Original (18 March 2020): The World Health Organization recommended Tuesday that people suffering COVID-19 symptoms avoid taking ibuprofen, after French officials warned that anti-inflammatory drugs could worsen effects of the virus.
The warning by French Health Minister Olivier Veran followed a recent study in The Lancet medical journal that hypothesised that an enzyme boosted by anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen could facilitate and worsen COVID-19 infections.

BUTT WAIT......

Updated: WHO Now Doesn't Recommend Avoiding Ibuprofen For COVID-19 Symptoms
AFP
18 MARCH 2020
Editor's note (19 March 2020): Since the publication of this article, the World Health Organization has updated its advice on the official Twitter account: "Based on currently available information, WHO does not recommend against the use of ibuprofen."

Wanna read more; click here.

https://www.sciencealert....-covid-19-symptoms/amp

Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2067
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 20:11:11 (permalink)
Speaking of changing tunes... guess someone heard some griping that beer distributors could stay open but logging, mining and steel had to shut down?

Here is a revised list
https://www.scribd.com/do...try-Operation-Guidance
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 20:49:58 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Not sure if we will see "panic" in the streets provided our grocery stores maintain supply's and gasoline stations stay open and I'm not sure how long the lines will need get at the stores and stations that can remain open.

I know that when you say panic, you're talking about that created by politicians and the media.  It's a never ending cycle of creating fear, which creates dependency.  The media does it to make more money because more eyeballs = more advertising.  The politicians do it to get more votes.  

I gotta say though, and I know this ain't what ya mean, I really haven't seen a whole lot of panic with folks I know.  I've heard a little bit of grumbling and complaining, and concerns about loss of income and concerns about businesses going under.  But not panic.  

And you know who the calmest, most rational people are that I know right now?  The ones who are over 65, and have been there and done that, to borrow a phrase.  They're used to slowing down and waiting things out.  Glad I got a lot of them in my life to give me some perspective.  

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 20:53:29 (permalink)
Fisherlady kudos for linking the list.

RV Parks may remain open 🤗 I'm so happy. 😭

Butt I still don't trust Wolf. I know Wolf will wait til I'm on the road and just about home annnnnnd then he'll close the parks.

Anyways you be careful & stay well and I hope yall can get that boat fired up, on the lake, real soon.

Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/22 23:48:57 (permalink)
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/
post edited by rsquared - 2020/03/22 23:50:47
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 00:07:53 (permalink)
Good article Dave. Have to admit when I first began reading, I felt a tinge of anxiety. But just a bit.☺

thunderpole
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 02:03:38 (permalink)
You tell me I'm crazy when you see a alien or Bigfoot 😂😂😂.... check out howtohunt on YouTube guys a hunting guide he's got some story's! Grizzly attacks to wolf's you name it , probably has as many record book animals as the best of em ,guys defently legit iv watched him for few years he's just now gaining popularity

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3323
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 08:17:23 (permalink)
Possibly some good news...I think, if we continue to isolate at home for several weeks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-nobel-laureate-predicts-quicker-210318391.html

Here is the PS on an email I received last Wednesday from a co-worker in Italy.  I have a screenshot of the email too but not going to post it....this is what it says, verbatim:

PS - Hope you and your family are OK, here in Italy the situation is critical (Only yesterday about 5000 infected and 500 deaths...), please stay at home and stay safe.  At the beginning we took this like a joke and now we are like this."
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7441
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 10:22:12 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Possibly some good news...I think, if we continue to isolate at home for several weeks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-nobel-laureate-predicts-quicker-210318391.html

Here is the PS on an email I received last Wednesday from a co-worker in Italy.  I have a screenshot of the email too but not going to post it....this is what it says, verbatim:

PS - Hope you and your family are OK, here in Italy the situation is critical (Only yesterday about 5000 infected and 500 deaths...), please stay at home and stay safe.  At the beginning we took this like a joke and now we are like this."

Eyes - 
I agree in possibly some good news... 

But I can still understand other people's predictions of much worse outcomes, due primarily to the lack of confidence in the US or most Capitalist societies in continuing to isolate at home for several weeks.  99% of us were raised that working, is what runs our society, our duty as citizens of this country, and we take a lot of pride in providing for our families and our jobs doing it's part of good for society.  We were also born and raised in the Land of the Free, where we take pride in that freedom.  There are still many resisting the notion that our society needs them to stop working or stop gathering with others for this to work.  Every day, it seems to get more and more buy in.  But for how long?  And, did our buy in come too late, forcing an even longer isolation period?  Answer is yes to that last question.  

How long can the average family sustain off of emergency savings (which are shrinking every day if still in the stock market)?  How long can small businesses that feel they are being cheated stay out of work and not go back into production?  In an economic point of view, this shutdown is completely Un-American to how each of us were raised.  On a moral standpoint, Americans are standing strong!  But for how long will/can Americans go off of morals alone?  There are many Americans already forced into weighing out the pros and cons of food on their table vs. potential spread of this virus.  Every day, there are more that are forced to make that decision.

Will society have to be locked down until the very last case is gone?  Who will deem it safe to go back to work?  Could there end up being an outbreak larger than the original, if we start things up too early?   

Having a test to see who was infected and built up immunity would go a long way.  I think how this economic package is handled will go even further.  I hope there is some sort of incentive written for every factory shut down and every person out of work to be able to help fight this battle.  Some sort of crisis task force program.  Have every factory that is able to be retrofitted, to make gowns, masks, ventilators, testing equipment, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, or whatever we see as being helpful or items people seem to be hording.  Get those that are willing to work, back to work, even if it is temporarily.  Have them make these supplies for now and to fill the federal stockpile, that we ARE READY in case this rebounds or something like this comes around again.  Have those unemployed assisting on the building of the temporary medical tents, why use the National Guard?  We have willing and able citizens that could use an honest paycheck and even more willing to be part of something bigger.  Have construction companies that are on hold, build buildings for stockpiles that can be tapped at the FIRST SIGN of a crisis and not having to jump through so many hoops.  It really needs a strong humanitarian component in it.  Something to keep peoples lives from going into ruin.  Temporary halt on mortgage payments for those that can't pay due to this (including businesses, investment properties, etc.), with the government paying the interest/penalty so the banks aren't crushed.  Temporary increase in food assistance program.  Temporary increase in unemployment.  Some sort of INCENTIVE payment for those that aren't working now, to continue to not work if our society needs them to not work, unless they are employed in some sort of crisis task force as noted above.  99% want to work and don't just want the bare necessities to survive.  Low interest loans for all businesses that were effected.  All big business, should be handled as loans and not bailouts that they don't pay back.  If they need to raise prices in the future to catch up on profits, so be it.  I honestly have no faith in our two clown party system in doing this the right way.  They always seem to find their winners and losers, with those that contribute the most to keep them in office always seem to be the winners...  

I don't have much faith when it comes to our government handling in the correct manner, and forcing many that want to work, to sit for 8-12 weeks.  Which many will end up breaking the rules and go out of isolation early to do what we were programmed to do (work for our families).  We have to pray for a cure, or that summer weather really will help solve this crisis.  Seeing how it is spreading like wildfire in Florida (who's governor needs impeached for allowing spring break as usual), I am not all too confident that summer weather has an effect on this virus.  I will remain hopeful that it does and for our leaders to do a 180 degree reversal in how they normally operate...

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 11:10:45 (permalink)
Pork you have posted some great ideas and now I'd like to mention the democrats are stalling Phase III of the stimulas bill.

The US worker drives wallstreet which is reflected by the drop in points and likely to continue.

The democrats are demonstrating, through their lack of cooperation, they intend to use every means possible to regain the White House. The democrat leaders don't display an iota of care about the US worker.

The democrat leaders want you and your country to fail under the leadership of this POTUS.

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 815
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 11:18:03 (permalink)
That's very well written Pork are there any leaders anywhere who could solve all the issues you mentioned. Just look at the senate and congress with all this going on and people dying every day they can't stop their partisan bickering to get any help for any segment of society other than to benefit there selves.There is a group of worthless individuals that need removed from office today. Take the heat and hatred off 1 guy and place it were it squarely belongs all our elected representatives I also have lost all faith in government I don't see anyone from either party that's in in for us. Hope we make it out of this I do know it won't be a politician that saves us it will be science or God!
thunderpole
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 11:24:44 (permalink)
Day 5 I'm hacking up green stuff that looks radio active. My neighbor is basically the same he says..... stay away from people you don't want this crap I'm miserable

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7441
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 11:30:25 (permalink)
thunderpole
Day 5 I'm hacking up green stuff that looks radio active. My neighbor is basically the same he says..... stay away from people you don't want this crap I'm miserable

Posted 5 days ago - 
thunderpole
I'll just keep doing my everyday life , I won't be fear mongered by the media. Do you believe everything you hear ? I sure as hell don't. Lymes disease now that's scary

Anyone believe in karma?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 11:48:26 (permalink)
Eyes perhaps you should forward your "email" to Nancy Peloci & Chuck Schumer who initially ignored the outbreak in China as they focused entirely on impeaching this President.

Perhaps you might forward your "email" to the National and local news networks whose only agenda is to find fault with all that this POTUS is doing. A very important means of communication whose sole interest is playing gotcha games with the White House. The very same means of public communication that feeds on the anxiety they sow in the public.

Lets look at the word joke... was it a joke when the Potus promoted more effective boarder control and disease being a concern.

Was it a joke when the 9th circuit constantly stops this POTUS from controlling who and from where people enter this country.

Was it a joke when the POTUS was accused of racism when he answered the question when he called Covid-19 a Chinese Virus???

Look at getting medicines on the market in a timely manner. In that case I spell joke F-D-A. Years and years to get proven meds out to the American people. Any wonder what the Pharmaceutical industry has to do with that??

Ya wanna see joke.... look in a mirror. WeThePeople are the joke, for allowing our country, to be ruled in the manner it has been for decades past.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/03/23 11:54:22

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2376
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/03/23 11:56:25 (permalink)
“Whether it’s politics or national complacency or stupidity, the fact is that we wasted two and half months,”  

The dems are out to protect the working class not the big businesses that bought back stocks with the last bailout and did nothing for the workers ....they used the money to benefit upper salary people and CEO's.   

Even Trump stated he want's more accountability on money going to big businesses ....not just throw money out with no plans to bring back workers or safeguard their jobs .

How's Rand Paul ?....glad to see he listens to the president's plan on self quarantine ! idiot    

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 46
Jump to: