Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..5152535455 > Showing page 52 of 55
Author
JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 661
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/07/31 23:47:47 (permalink)
Where's My War at? He's read a bunch of articles on Covid19. He's surely an expert by now. Or has he finally realized that the experts quoted in the articles he's reading, are still guessing. Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid. I think that's a John Wayne quote.
snagr
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 00:02:27 (permalink)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=79&v=oSCSWVrcCtA&feature=emb_logo

post edited by snagr - 2020/08/01 00:03:48
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11604
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 08:20:15 (permalink)
JM2
Where's My War at? He's read a bunch of articles on Covid19. He's surely an expert by now. Or has he finally realized that the experts quoted in the articles he's reading, are still guessing. Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid. I think that's a John Wayne quote.

👍👍👍

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 08:28:17 (permalink)
snagr thank you for such an inspiring video.

One man.... one nation. 😷

With all do respect to Dr Fauci, the ole basturd needs his door kicked in at 3 AM while CNN reports, live on the scene.

IMHO..... Dr Falsie is "only" about "his" legacy, as the innocent die.

I'll stand corrected but never have I seen Dr Falsie support the testing of hydroxychloroquine in any shape or form.

I trusted his skepticism in the beginning however, as more and more hard core positive reports come forth, Dr Falsie circumvents the question of why hydroxychloroquine should not be readily available for both treatment and safeguard against Covid-19.

Is Dr Falsie afraid of the big bad anti-America news media.

Folks, Dr Falsie says no, as many more experts come forward with proof of good results. Some of those experts have been fired, all have had their social media comments taken down..... your life, you decide.

If I may remind all y'all and quote an earlier comment by JM.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/08/01 08:48:49

Attachment(s)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

snagr
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 08:55:05 (permalink)
post edited by snagr - 2020/08/01 09:23:06
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2646
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 16:36:56 (permalink)
Well I hope you'll all head on over to the Clarion County Fair and get in on some "no mask, no social distance" good times!  The pics of the fair are absurd.  It's going to set Western PA back a couple months.  Everyone should become symptomatic around the start of school.  Rural PA might be about to see how fake this virus actually is.  I hope not.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 18:42:03 (permalink)
LDD
Well I hope you'll all head on over to the Clarion County Fair and get in on some "no mask, no social distance" good times!  The pics of the fair are absurd.  It's going to set Western PA back a couple months.  Everyone should become symptomatic around the start of school.  Rural PA might be about to see how fake this virus actually is.  I hope not.  

Well you just turn off your internet and remain in your basement under self imposed quarantine and little LDD will be safe and snug as a bug in a rug.

PS. No need to worry about groceries either. I hear Walmart delivers.

snagr
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 21:46:41 (permalink)
deaths per million in us counties on the mexican border compared to new york and sweden.  

Attachment(s)

snagr
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 21:51:49 (permalink)
LDD

do you share the same concerns about protests?  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/01 22:12:33 (permalink)
😡 Dam it.... why didn't I think of that one.😝

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 01:06:34 (permalink)
snagr
LDD

do you share the same concerns about protests?  

Absolutely, especially if they’re not wearing masks. How about you? You share the same concerns about demo derbies at county fairs??
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 06:37:56 (permalink)
LDD

Absolutely, especially if they’re not wearing masks. How about you? You share the same concerns about demo derbies at county fairs??

Wassa matter LDD you sound like you're afraid, your fear mongering governor and his pearl sporting left hand man, is losing their totalitarian control?

Fear not... you can always ride around your little piece of Penn's Woods and count the few Biden signs.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/08/02 06:47:17

snagr
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 06:53:30 (permalink)
LDD

no sir. i am not concerned about either protests or demo derbies. nor am i concerned about any particular activity or gathering.
i personally think that when it comes to voluntary activity and associations in this that people should be free to do what they want to do and bear the possible consequences.

i think that in settings along the lines of what pa considered essential businesses under stay at home orders - grocery, general retail, medical, etc - where people pretty much have to be to sustain their lives and livelihoods that more precautions are practical and warranted.

i appreciate your honest answer though. i do believe you are the first person i’ve heard say that they are concerned about both and not have a double standard.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4568
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 08:12:23 (permalink)
I too have no concern for either group at this stage of the disease. Now that there is data, not just theory and models, all of which were to some degree inaccurate, ranging from slightly to nowhere near right, people can make informed, adult decisions (for themselves and their children) as to the level of risk. To me, making this type of decision is no different than deciding not to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle; not to wear a life jacket when kayaking or high performance boating; not wearing a harness in a tree stand; not wearing a seat belt; or going for a swim in shark infested waters dressed like a seal.

The chances of dying from this disease is relatively low, especially if it is understood and honestly reported that about 1/2 the deaths were in assisted living facilities (some forced there, others not) and most, in a facility or not, were accompanied with another underlying circumstance (already in hospice, diabetic, immune compromised), but recorded as Covid as the cause of death. Sure, Covid might have been the final push into the portal, but had other conditions not been present, death was not assured.

So peacefully (really, peacefully) protest, go to a fair, have friends over, etc., as long as you assess the risk and understand the consequences — you are free to make decisions, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

And, let Darwin take over.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4133
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 08:20:01 (permalink)
DarDys

And, let Darwin take over.

Should have been the case from the getgo of this chit. No stay at home, mask, etc...

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 10:50:23 (permalink)
I concur. 👍

...."let the dice fall where they may."

MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 12:00:47 (permalink)
snagr
no sir. i am not concerned about either protests or demo derbies. nor am i concerned about any particular activity or gathering.
i personally think that when it comes to voluntary activity and associations in this that people should be free to do what they want to do and bear the possible consequences.

Do you feel the same way about obeying speed limits or drunk driving? Or how about people that don’t get their children vaccinated?

As far as protests vs demolition derbies, or protests vs the clarion county fair... first of all, the data suggests that outdoor activities are inherently safer, and virus transmission less likely in an outdoor setting. If attendees at these events take further precautions, like masks and social distancing, then viral transmission is even less likely. This has been the case for the vast majority of protests of course all bets are off when the cops start throwing tear gas and shooting rubber bullets, but the difference is that protesters are by and large taking precautions whenever possible.
ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 844
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 12:31:14 (permalink)
Gee ow did the Cardinals,Phillies,Marlin's ect get it socially distanced outside ? I watched a few of the peaceful protests and they were screaming into the faces of law enforcement practicallt spitting on them. I would like to say i follow the rules for most part But i'm amazed that the powers to be allow the pro sports folks to play their silly games amidst all this.,doesn't seem to matter for state stores,protests of course peaceful right. How is it with testing in short supply the athletes are getting tested daily and with a fast amazing turn around time? MyWar are they non essential they are just entertainment correct. All should follow the same set of rules not just the special folks just sayin right
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7495
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 19:25:17 (permalink)
Agree about the testing of pro athletes. People with symptoms sitting hours in line and 4-5 days for results. Pro athlete gets multiple tests per week that give results in 20 minutes. If we would have taken 1/10th of the amount spent in these recovery bills and bid out for 3-4 manufacturers to come up with 500 million tests that are the 20 minute read type (Or used that war act legislation to do it). Then test every American. Then quarantine those positive cases and contact trace any infections after. Anyone with positive case and can’t work gets the $600 week unemployment. Others go to work like normal. Probably still good idea to social distance, but I’m sure most businesses that are shut down would much rather be open with 6’ spacing. Any international travelers are required to pay for tests. If they don’t pass, then not allowed in the country. Have quarantine centers for those Americans that need to travel and come back testing positive.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 23:00:57 (permalink)
You folks do realize how much money is wrapped up in pro sports, right?

Trump knows. That’s why he made a big push to get pro sports back up and running way back in May.

Testing for regular folks like me and you and our children? not much of a priority (because it’s all a Democrat hoax).

But testing for millionaire athletes so the billionaire owners can keep the money pouring in on those TV contracts is TOP PRIORITY I TELL YOU.
post edited by MyWar - 2020/08/02 23:03:40
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/02 23:40:52 (permalink)
How 'bout them Pen's....... 😳oops wrong thread. Silly me🙈

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 661
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 00:17:59 (permalink)
MyWar

Trump knows. That’s why he made a big push to get pro sports back up and running way back in May.

Testing for regular folks like me and you and our children? not much of a priority (because it’s all a Democrat hoax).

But testing for millionaire athletes so the billionaire owners can keep the money pouring in on those TV contracts is TOP PRIORITY I TELL YOU.

Trump fault again?......... Unreal
snagr
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 08:27:29 (permalink)
i have often wondered why these pro sports teams are so hysterical about testing anyway. the risk to these guys is virtually near zero. have any of these players actually been sick, or just all asymptomatic positives and false positives?

in p.a. the 105-109 age cohort leads the under 25 cohort in Covid deaths, 11-0. why would we even think about not reopening schools and colleges?
post edited by snagr - 2020/08/03 08:44:05
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 12:00:17 (permalink)
JM2
MyWar

Trump fault again?......... Unreal

It illustrates the priorities of the administration, which is a point I think I made quite clearly.

In a world where the president has totally punted responsibility to manage the health crisis to state governments, and we are struggling to send our kids to school, the restaurant and hospitality industry has totally collapsed, PPE and testing is still in short supply (as it was in May)... and Trumps priority is pro sports? Tens of millions of working class people are unemployed, but Trump is falling all over himself to ensure the livelihoods of overpaid athletes and billionaire owners?
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7495
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 12:49:02 (permalink)
snagr
i have often wondered why these pro sports teams are so hysterical about testing anyway. the risk to these guys is virtually near zero. have any of these players actually been sick, or just all asymptomatic positives and false positives?

in p.a. the 105-109 age cohort leads the under 25 cohort in Covid deaths, 11-0. why would we even think about not reopening schools and colleges?

This has always and will always be about the elderly and those most vulnerable, at least for death.  Some may fear to be the unlucky one that "gets struck by lightning".     

I would imagine many players don't want their parents, grandparents or others they know with some sort of vulnerability to die an untimely death.  Honestly, that is why I am careful.  Not only losing a loved one, but living the rest of my days that I was in part responsible.  I can personally live with my conscience if I am social distancing, wearing a mask in public and just avoiding large gatherings of people that aren't my friends and family in enclosed places.  I don't feel it is all that horrible of a temporary inconvenience.  I would have a hard time dealing with my self conscience if I were out and about living life as normal, where my actions ended up spreading it to someone and killing them.  Obviously, we all have different self consciences.  For those that want to do stuff, not all that much is closed any longer, besides very large gatherings.  It says something when the most defiant groups start canceling their large gatherings.

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 14:14:35 (permalink)
snagr
LDD

i think that in settings along the lines of what pa considered essential businesses under stay at home orders - grocery, general retail, medical, etc - where people pretty much have to be to sustain their lives and livelihoods that more precautions are practical and warranted.

i appreciate your honest answer though. i do believe you are the first person i’ve heard say that they are concerned about both and not have a double standard.

So, I'm mostly concerned about those groups because of the impact their choices are having on my school aged kids.  Every irresponsible group drives up the likelihood of the virus being passed on which drives up the likelihood that schools and their related activities will be shut down. A person only gets to be young once.  The impact on the young of this country through the selfishness of adults is something that cannot be overstated.  I've seen it again and again in our culture where adults have chased their own goals, their own dreams, their own ambitions, only to leave their children out.  When I see those crowds together not wearing masks or socially distancing that's what I see.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 14:31:16 (permalink)
MyLiar

It illustrates the priorities of the administration, which is a point I think I made quite clearly.

In a world where the president has totally punted responsibility to manage the health crisis to state governments, and we are struggling to send our kids to school, the restaurant and hospitality industry has totally collapsed, PPE and testing is still in short supply (as it was in May)... and Trumps priority is pro sports? Tens of millions of working class people are unemployed, but Trump is falling all over himself to ensure the livelihoods of overpaid athletes and billionaire owners?

"It illustrates" your total ignorance of how our goverment works.

Again you're mistaken, we do not (and will not) live under your type of socialist/dictator rule.

Perhaps you should contact your governor and his lefthand (pearl sporting) man and "tell them" to work with the White House.

Now quick like a bunny, go ride your bike and look for an easy spot to fish Redbank.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/08/03 14:36:31

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 14:51:15 (permalink)
Here's what I'd like to know......

Before the Covid boogeyman, death reports for the "elderly" were not required to show symptons related to any flu virus.

Welp we know how that changed since the arrival of the corona virus..... don't we.

Soooo how do we know the other flu viruses wasn't (or isn't) just as deadly. What we do know is any flu spreads 'like wildfire' through nursing homes as well as crowds of people. What we do know, like the Covid boogeyman, a flu virus will affect different people in "many" different ways.

See what I'm sayin here???

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 844
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 15:15:51 (permalink)
Were not struggling to send kids to school its your local administration and the teachers unions that are holding that back.Not Trump. restaurants and hospitality were **** down by local authorities not trump and your sports commissioners in football and baseball can shut down pro sports any time they want  again not trump keeping them open.You say ten's of millions of working class people are unemployed well gee maybe you should shed some of your hate for the US Congress both sides there to blame not trump .Its their job not trumps.
snagr
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/08/03 15:23:46 (permalink)
Porktown

This has always and will always be about the elderly and those most vulnerable, at least for death.  Some may fear to be the unlucky one that "gets struck by lightning".   

that makes a lot of sense.  i also thinks it highlights to of the most important issues in the public debate and policy making about the whole situation.  

1.  fear - vs. rational and reasonable concern about the virus and its impacts.  we know it disproportionately ravages the elderly, especially in nursing homes.  we know its a real virus, and not a hoax, with real world impacts - ranging from significant to deadly - on seemingly otherwise healthy people who don't fit in the demographic cohorts of greatest concern.  and I think your explanation about your own personal precautions in this makes a lot of sense in that regard and you take ownership for the concerns that you have.  

2. struck by lighting.  as i see it, the people who live in abject fear of this virus and are seemingly paralyzed by it don't really realize what's actually going on with regards to the data and science coming out from around the world.  i'm not talking about the hysterical videos on social media of karens assaulting and accosting people who don't wear masks in walmart, but the ones i know personally who are just convinced that everybody they encounter is harboring this deadly pathogen and if they come closer than 10' away, they're going to die or end up in the icu.  

in the us, the under 55 cohort which is 78% of the u.s. population accounts for 8% of the deaths from covid.  about 10.5K deaths in all.  not that covid is influenza, but people of all political persuasions have made the comparisons throughout the pandemic in different ways.  this is the death toll in this cohort from a moderate to severe influenza season and most in the u.s. wouldn't bat an eye at that because most wouldn't even be aware of it.  i don't think many people realized that the 2017-2018 influenza season actually reached pandemic status according to c.d.c. guidelines for pandemics, which is measured in % of all deaths caused by a particular disease.  we can speculate as to why it is that the general public was largely unaware of that fact, but i didn't know that until about 2 weeks ago.  

i've been reading some interesting discussions about data the last few days about the proportion of covid related (had it for sure, might have had it but not sure) deaths in the all cause mortality data that the c.d.c releases weekly.  right now the entire u.s. is about 9% over the average expected mortality for 2020.  what it looks like though in some of this early work is that a significant to large share of this excess mortality is coming from other causes of death that could be caused by lockdowns and the general fear people had of seeking medical care during lockdowns.  a couple of different sources sorting through this data said that it looks like since mid-march there have been 50,000-70,000 excess deaths in the u.s. from non-covid related deaths from natural causes as well as drug overdoses and suicides.  

Page: << < ..5152535455 > Showing page 52 of 55
Jump to: