Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 40 of 48
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11411
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/24 21:24:33 (permalink)
Pens excellent play on the emoji 👍

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/24 21:49:26 (permalink)
I need a clarification on Coumo claiming the the strains of Corona Virus affecting New Yorkers came from Europe and not from China....

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 627
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/24 22:08:26 (permalink)
I'm  not sure what he said or when, but I sort of have had a similar theory. I believe that the virus mutated, and the strain coming into CA more directly from Asia was a lot less deadly than another mutated strain that went thru Europe and NY. The CA strain mutated differently maybe because of the warmer climate. It's just my theory not sure if it's works like that or not
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1874
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/24 22:21:31 (permalink)
Well, we do know there are multiple strains of the virus and that it does mutate.

BH

EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 652
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/24 22:33:19 (permalink)
Last I read about was there are about 30 strains, (mutations) of coronavirus; 19 of them still un-cataloged.

But Pharma is workin' hard on this. What normally takes months and months to figure out they've gotten a handle on a lot of it in a matter of weeks. A remedy could be comin' much sooner than the mid-2021 projection, and that would be a good thing.

For Liberals, whenever reality conflicts with ideology, it is reality that must change.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/24 22:38:53 (permalink)
JM early reports from NY health dept. in Dec "19" indicated flu cases up substantially.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/12/26/flu-nyc-department-of-health-flu-symptoms-flu-shot/

Health Department: Confirmed Flu Cases In NYC Up 77%
Doctors Warn Virus Can Lead To Complications, Such As Pneumonia
December 26, 2019 at 11:15 pm...

If strains of C-19 did come from Europe, one can only imagine how long before the "China reveal", was a strain of this virus, running through America?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/24 22:44:50

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/24 22:47:53 (permalink)
So OK... whose gonna be the first to down load the new virus tracker APP for your phone.

You test positive for the virus and your phone warns phones nearby you're in the area.

☝ No waiting at Walmart checkout.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/24 22:50:38

JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/24 23:20:57 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

If strains of C-19 did come from Europe, one can only imagine how long before the "China reveal", was a strain of this virus, running through America?

I kind of view it as coming from China thru Europe. It was around long before China claimed, and they knowingly let spread around the world.
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 00:18:10 (permalink)
Maybe My War better call these people and tell them to be careful that they don't cook people from the inside.

https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

MyWar

The president of the United States is just making up treatments off the top of his head, during a live press conference, for a disease which is currently causing a global pandemic. 

He may have suggested that lightly cooking people from the inside is a viable treatment for COVID19.

post edited by JM2 - 2020/04/25 00:23:02
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1874
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 07:17:03 (permalink)
I read that there are 3 types of the virus. Kind of like Influenza type A & B. This virus has A, B, and C. Type A is the strain found in bats. Type B is the strain found in Wuhan and type C is a sister strain of type B.
Could people that have retested positive after recovering from Covid actually be contracting a different type?

BH
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 07:40:17 (permalink)
All this talk about viruses is putting a "strain" on me.🙉

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1966
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 09:37:58 (permalink)
As I drive around looking its obvious most 'big box' stores are open--Lowes-Home depot- walmart-grocery stores , liquor stores- car dealerships-repair shops etc etc ---and that most all small mom and pop kinda stores are mandated closed.
Seems IMHO that most of the small business sell the same stuff ya see in the in boxes  so why are they mandated closed.
The big places have full parking lots and hundreds of customers milling about inside whereas those small shops would have very few folks inside at any given time,
Which is safer and why must the smaller  suffer.
I go to a local mom and pop grocery store -when I have to- they have sanitizers at the door and have long mandated the wearing of masks and social distancing.
All the employees wear masks and gloves as well-- not this way at all  in the larger places so which would you prefer ??
Why is one politically OK and not the other ??
Seems the smaller is likely to be much 'healthier' when properly managed.
In town where the small places are it looks like a ghost town and out on the main road strip with the 'big' places it looks like business as usual.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/04/25 09:39:29
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 10:26:40 (permalink)
r3 we are seeing the exact same thing here in NW PA.

Yesterday, I needed some plumbing supplies for a project I said I wasn't ever going to do again so off, to a local (Ace) hardware store.

Maybe just a timing thing but in the past, never had a problem in getting a parking spot.

A sign at the front door ask that customers limit family members to one at a time. So my wife and I went in one at a time, followed by three other folks but only after, allowing two others to exit beforehand.

Not one of the five customers or three emplyees passing by, or standing nearby, wore a mask.

Upon our exit (one at a time) we were greeted by three customers entering the store one of which was wearing a mask. Though I'm not sure if he was attempting to protect himself or was just pretending to be a pirate or sumthin.

Gasoline MiniMarts were busy as was the local dollar this & that stores.

In other news, Dr Mark Siegel (Fox News Bobble Quack) added several new symptoms for Covid-19 with loss of taste & smell along with discolored toes as being a probable sign you have contracted something or other.

On the other hand, in the beginning, if a person didn't exhibit fever & shortness of breath a person didn't have Covid-19. However those two symptoms have since been removed from the list of Covid-19 gotta haves.

🤔 I have a headache.

MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 535
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 11:26:05 (permalink)
JM2
Maybe My War better call these people and tell them to be careful that they don't cook people from the inside.

MyWar

The president of the United States is just making up treatments off the top of his head, during a live press conference, for a disease which is currently causing a global pandemic. 

He may have suggested that lightly cooking people from the inside is a viable treatment for COVID19.

Some shady pharmaceutical company is trying to develop an unproven, untested treatment, based on unproven, untested science? So what? You think its better if Trump was referring to this? You think that its a good thing that the President of the United States is (maybe) vaguely alluding to an experimental, untested, unproven (not to mention unavailable) treatment for a disease that is currently killing tens of thousands of Americans? You think its a good thing that MAGA land has to DESPERATELY search for information after the fact in order to decipher his cryptic talking points, which by the way he was clearly making up on the fly? Because thats what you want during national crises right, right? Unprepared leadership that just make things up as we they go along?

Trump gets up there in those press conferences and he sounds like a kid giving a book report on a book that he didn't read. He clearly has no idea what he is talking about. How are you MAGA folks really that bad at detecting bull5hit? How is that you are so bad at spotting a con?
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 11:43:14 (permalink)
RIGHT --we would clearly be sooo much better off with Hillary up there screeching at  us- 'at this point what difference does it make'.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 11:55:59 (permalink)
MyBS/MyLiar/MyPony/My##

........ How are you MAGA folks really that bad at detecting bull5hit? How is that you are so bad at spotting a con?

We're not bad at detecting "bull5hit" or "spotting a con".

We "detected" you from the get-go.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/25 12:17:15

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 820
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 12:54:34 (permalink)
Im sure oblamo and biden would do soo much better hell hes still looking for his birth certificate and biden would be up ther sniffing dr birx hair LOL.A con man and bs you say how about you can keep your doctor and you save 2500 dollars.How did that one work out??
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 13:49:23 (permalink)
MyWar
JM2

MyWar

Some shady pharmaceutical company is trying to develop an unproven, untested treatment, based on unproven, untested science? So what? You think its better if Trump was referring to this? You think that its a good thing that the President of the United States is (maybe) vaguely alluding to an experimental, untested, unproven (not to mention unavailable) treatment for a disease that is currently killing tens of thousands of Americans? You think its a good thing that MAGA land has to DESPERATELY search for information after the fact in order to decipher his cryptic talking points, which by the way he was clearly making up on the fly? Because thats what you want during national crises right, right? Unprepared leadership that just make things up as we they go along?

Trump gets up there in those press conferences and he sounds like a kid giving a book report on a book that he didn't read. He clearly has no idea what he is talking about. How are you MAGA folks really that bad at detecting bull5hit? How is that you are so bad at spotting a con?

Dude, you are becoming completely bizarre. I’m going to try and keep this short. The device was developed by scientists at Cedar Sinai. Maybe you are unaware of who/what they are, but I can ASSure you, they are far from shady. I’m not sure you even understand the article.

Are you so madden by appearance that this idiot President, as you claim, seems to be much more aware than you of potential life saving medical devices? Completely clueless to the point of mocking him for not sharing your level of ignorance. Normal people would be embarrassed, but not you.

What I really don’t want during a period of national crisis is a bunch of political motivated jackasses trying to continue their quest to destroy, and remove a sitting President. The Democrat party’s national crisis isn’t the pandemic, it’s that Trump is still President. The Dem party actions, and posts like yours say more about your flaws as human beings, than the person you are trying to destroy. 

Penny for your thoughts. Oh never mind, I already know what they are, and they are not even worth that much.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 14:13:38 (permalink)
“What about Hillary”

“What about Biden”

“What about obama”

Guys, DONALD TRUMP is currently the president, not Obama, or Hillary, or Biden. Why is it you MAGA folks are unable to discuss trumps performance without making some hypothetical comparison to what Hillary Clinton *might* be doing if she were the president? It was FOUR YEARS AGO, GET OVER IT.

Ya know, if you reeeeeaally wanna compare trumps performance in office... well you can compare it to any number of state governors (both D and R)... like Inslee, DeWine, Hogan, John Bel Edwards... even if you leave out the big obvious ones (cuoumo & Newsome), you still get a substantial list of elected public officials who are doing MUCH better jobs at managing this crisis in their respective states, all while getting virtually no support from the federal government (in fact the federal government is arguably make it worse).
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 14:22:58 (permalink)
JM2
Are you so madden by appearance that this idiot President, as you claim, seems to be much more aware than you of potential life saving medical devices?

Well ya know that trump himself said he was being “sarcastic”, right? That was *his* excuse, direct from *his* mouth. Not whatever this experimental treatment is that you are talking about.

And also... I referred to the pharmaceutical company as “shady”, not Cedars-Sinai. Don’t twist my words. This light therapy stuff is just hydroxychloroquine 2.0, don’t kid yourself.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 15:02:55 (permalink)
MyMyWe'reTesty

Ya know, if you reeeeeaally wanna compare trumps performance in office... well you can compare it to any number of state governors (both D and R)... like Inslee, DeWine, Hogan, John Bel Edwards... even if you leave out the big obvious ones (cuoumo & Newsome), you still get a substantial list of elected public officials who are doing MUCH better jobs at managing this crisis in their respective states, all while getting virtually no support from the federal government (in fact the federal government is arguably make it worse).

if you reeeeeealy want to compare Trumps performance in office..... what's your lame excuse we do not see any of your hero governors on the presidential ballot for 2020?

Federal gov is making it arguably worse? Yep, making it worse to blame the federal gov. because the governors themselves are the failures??

Coumo definitely the obvious failure.

Trump has exposed many swampcrats, for who they really are. Viruses in their own right.

DrainTheSwamp... and the anti-America disease it's filled with.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/25 15:06:41

JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 15:08:36 (permalink)
More kookery from another shady organization. Though it is certain that Trump is no medical profession of any level, but he seems to be more aware of things than given credit for.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....zHA4iI6F1Zk9zM6aHBID14
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 15:44:19 (permalink)
JM IMHO we see nothing more than so much hate for Trump, the thumpers stop at nothing including gloating over death and destruction of our nation wanting to see Trump fail.

Nowhere will you find, by any thumper, where they promote any positive attitude toward a vaccine or other medication.

Never has there been such disrespect, hate & discontent displayed toward a POTUS, as the thumpers cherish the idea of failure.

Almost seems, the thumpers pray for the day, just so they can say "told you so".

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2629
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 19:19:09 (permalink)
JM2
More kookery from another shady organization. Though it is certain that Trump is no medical profession of any level, but he seems to be more aware of things than given credit for.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....zHA4iI6F1Zk9zM6aHBID14

Right, I'm sure he's briefed daily on every possibility.  The fact that he's too f-in stupid to be able to relay any of that information to the American people in an intelligent way is NOT our problem.  This may have been what he was talking about, but maybe not?? Who knows?  How are we supposed to know? Why is the President, during a pandemic, which is adversely affecting his country, just throwing spaghetti at the wall?  It's ludicrous.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/25 20:51:11 (permalink)
LDD

Right, I'm sure he's briefed daily on every possibility.  The fact that he's too f-in stupid to be able to relay any of that information to the American people in an intelligent way is NOT our problem.  This may have been what he was talking about, but maybe not?? Who knows?  How are we supposed to know? Why is the President, during a pandemic, which is adversely affecting his country, just throwing spaghetti at the wall?  It's ludicrous.  

Quite obvious by you sayin "The fact that he's too f-in stupid".... "you do not intend" to understand because your (only) purpose is to badger anyone who does support Trump.

Talk about throwing spaghetti at the wall. You constantly complain about Trump. It's ludicrous.

Honestly LDD, I believe you want our nation to fail.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/25 20:55:21

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2629
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/26 13:24:28 (permalink)
Why do you think our country’s success is wrapped up in one man? That’s a very un-American sentiment. This president works for the people. I believe he does a very poor job and I simply state that. On the other hand, he could squat down in the middle of the stage and take a dump and you would explain it away.
“His form was great”
“It was a joke”
“What’s the big deal? It’s locker room stuff”
“That bowel movement was taken out of context”
“It was symbolic”
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/26 13:38:04 (permalink)
What if he only farted on stage, but the media told you he took a big crap on stage. What would you believe?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/26 15:53:06 (permalink)
LDD would b!tch up a storm, if only gas were produced, because LDD wouldn't have any chyt to to complain about. However, that being said, even if there were fecal samples provided for LDD, he would b!dtch about the portion and complain about the color.

In other news, very intersting info being produced and questions asked as why the anti-America journalist won't discuss the reported sexaul allegations against "Uncle Joe".

How about that LDD... should only GOP supreme court judges and U.S presidents be subject to such allegations?

Instead of badgering Trump Supporters you might consider badgering your anti-America news networks like CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC. Hell ya can even ask the Democrat bobbleheads on Fox News. How come no discussion regarding the allegations against Democrat presidential candidate, Joe Biden??

LDD please do come back, and let us know how you made out.... 10-4?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/26 15:56:50

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1147
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/26 16:57:38 (permalink)
It would be physically impossible  for Trump to take a dump anywhere! There are so many heads up his azz it can't happen. Maybe that explains the having to flush 10 times to reach the " MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! " I hate to say it but I'm beginning  to think 2 or 3 ,if not more, of our posters are one and the same. There's no way a mature adult would keep returning for the insults you guys are throwing at each other.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/26 17:04:27 (permalink)
Be neat to all meet up in a gin mill someday and see what happens---
One rule- no weapons   lol.
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 40 of 48
Jump to: