Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 22 of 47
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11395
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 09:40:46 (permalink)
BH the good thing is y'all getting better. Sure would have me wondering too.

The gooder part is the information I could read from the article.... I ain't complainin about, right now, needin a little extra fiber in my diet.

Ummm... sorry about your #fanclub. Looks like just me an rsquared for now. Therefore, at this time, I would like to nominate rsquared for club president, secretary/treasurer, annnnd chief cook and bottle washer.

Enjoying your post, take care and again, good to hear you and the Mrs. are getting well.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/04 09:41:56

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1873
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 10:17:32 (permalink)
Thanks BTDT. I second your nomination.

BH

#3fanzclubz
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 10:31:00 (permalink)
😏 Motion seconded, all those in favor.... 🙃opposed?

The 👀 have it.

By the powers duly vested in me by the state of Penn's Woods I present rsquared.... President, chief cook & bottle washer. #3fanzclubz

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1964
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 10:34:48 (permalink)
Welll Gov Comeau over in Ny is sending the Nat Guard ( army) around to pickup ventilators from other medical facilities for NYC.
Says he is NOT seizing them - only borrowing - and if they want them back later they can ask for them.
OK   OK  some will call it seizing and others stealing -NOT borrowing.
Whatever, its a heck of a power play sure to endear him with folks in NYC and sure to make him the enemy of all in rural or upstate communities.
Those thoughts of him running for POTUS after this are certainly OVER with this move.
Wouldn't be soooprized if that old move by upstaters to split Upstate from NYC is revived .
No better example of second classery IMHO.

Wonder whats gonna happen when some Hosp administrator says NO get outa here.
Frankly ya know darned well they guard doesn't wanna be in this position either.
Could get real ugly real fast.
post edited by r3g3 - 2020/04/04 10:40:58
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 10:48:13 (permalink)
MyWar
University of Washington > Jeff bezos > Hillary Clinton

1.  Two weeks ago Bill Gates called for a national 10 week lockdown, and lockdown was the word he used and has continued to use in subsequent interviews and media appearances into this past week.  Including banning interstate travel, and shelter in place orders.  

10 weeks.  That takes us to mid June right now.   

2.  Nobody listened to Bill Gates

3.  Bill Gates 100% funds the production of a COVID model at the University of Washington.  He funds a lot of other stuff there too, so nobody really bats an eyeball.  

4.  Deborah Birx currently sits on the Board of Directors of The Global Fund, the Gates funded foundation addressing HIV around the globe.  She has worked on some other things with his foundations as well, and is a good friend and trusted colleague of Bill Gates.  

5.  This model becomes the definitive source last weekend and into this week for the predictions the Birx and Fauci make in regards to US impact of COVID.  

6.  What's the latest talking point for Fauci and Birx?  A national lockdown.   

So, I think some good questions to ask in regards to these connections to draw your own conclusions:

Without judging the merits of them, what are the political and global ambitions of Bill Gates?  What have they been since Trump's election?  He's made them pretty clear before all of this started.  

Is Gates' call for a 10 week national lockdown; funding of this model from UW; and funding of vaccine research and development for COVID 19 driven by his altruism, his political and global ambitions, or some of both?    

What would the financial and political impact of a 10 week national lockdown be for somebody like Bill Gates?  Does he have the resources to come through this unscathed?  Does he have the resources to make sure that others who align with him come through that unscathed?  

MyWar
So any day now, people are just gonna stop dying”

Of course I don't believe that.  I've made that clear on just about everything I've posted in this thread.  In some cities and regions, it's going to continue to get significantly worse before the curve flattens and begins to decline.  

But I think it leads to some more really good questions we should be asking ourselves and demanding answers from federal and state leaders making policy on this right now: 

At what point do government leaders say, "Let's begin to ease some of these measures."  Is it when there are 0 new infections for a certain length of time?  If it's not 0, what's the magic number?  On what basis will that number be decided?

Is there a point in the next week or two weeks if the results are showing that there's merit to asking, "Should we make some course corrections here on these randomly chosen lengths of stay and home orders and lockdowns that have shuttered state and national economies?" I'm not saying the results WILL show that, but if they do, what's the threshold for deciding that?  

As I've said, I'm following the directives given by Gov. Wolf in PA, and so is my family.  In any of his press conferences has Wolf or Dr. Levine pointed to data and statistics and results in the US or PA, and said, "This is why we need to do these things and take these measures for this specific length of time?"  

Yesterday, we get the strong suggestion from Wolf and Levine that we should wear a mask in public.  Why?  On what basis? What's the real world source for making that recommendation now instead of two weeks ago?  I'm not saying there isn't a real world basis for making that suggestion, but if there is one, what is it?   

I wouldn't be at all surprise if next week some or all of PA gets shelter in place orders.  That's the next step.  Again, on what basis will that directive be given?  

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 11:34:37 (permalink)
rsquared the mask thingy.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say because simple mask will soon be available in sufficient quantity.

If ya can get into Walmart, Target, etc. to buy a package.

Not expecting mandatory shelter in place orders from Wolf. More like "mandatory must wear mask" if going into public places.

Folks are scared and rightly so and they ain't moving.

Checks are in the mail, people need a sense of security to get out to spend those checks and keep the economy moving.

Wash your hands, don't touch your face, wear a mask annnnnd hide under your desk. It will work..... for a while.

Get the FDA & CDC off their dead asz.

Update: While I believe persons having symptoms of any type should wear a mask to protect others from their problem but also to protect those who may sneeze, in the general vicinity and receive the wrath of Pork.😳

Me on the other hand am pondering if I might look good in a manbun, dreads, or good ole fashion ponytail?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/04 12:00:16

BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 12:41:48 (permalink)
"Yesterday, we get the strong suggestion from Wolf and Levine that we should wear a mask in public.  Why?  On what basis? What's the real world source for making that recommendation now instead of two weeks ago?  I'm not saying there isn't a real world basis for making that suggestion, but if there is one, what is it?"
Some theorize that they knew there was going to be a shortage of masks and needed time to replenish the stock. China did in fact double the purchases of masks from the US in January and Feb.

BH
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2027
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 13:34:33 (permalink)
It's my understanding that Japan has a relatively low number of cases reported. Could this be due to limited testing? Also that the people were free to come and go as they wished and allowed to go to work etc. Thing is, they were also required to wear a mask when out in public from early on. Could this have been the reason behind the low number of reported cases? Hummm, I wonder? Maybe this country is a little late to the party.

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 21:44:36 (permalink)
Those are the most plausible ideas for sure.

Let’s say Tom says, “This was an effective part of the strategy of minimizing spread and mortality in South Korea and Japan so we think it might help here.”

Then someone asks, “Well what else did those countries do that seemed to have helped?”

Then he’s gonna have to say, “Well in addition to much better testing they didn’t have general stay at home orders for everybody. They isolated the sick and most vulnerable. They didn’t force asymptomatic carriers into confined spaces with vulnerable people where they had repeated exposure day after day. Oh, and they tried to maintain some sense of normalcy with some common sense precautions for healthy people and less vulnerable people.”

Or let’s say Tom says,”Well health care workers have adequate supplies now and they’re not running out so we can spread these around.”

Then someone asks, “Is that because of the increased production and distribution that they have enough or is it because in many places in the US this isn’t taxing the health care system as badly as the media told us it would?”
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/04 22:17:44 (permalink)
^^^^^^^^^
I have a felling that's what it might amount to.

BH
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 04:18:35 (permalink)
Wait.... the media got something wrong???

Speaking of hospitals, how are things going in the "burgh"? Anybody hearing the 'census' for UPMC etc?

Moving a bit muup north of Allegheny 'Country' any info on the medical facilities in Butler County?

For my little piece of Penn's Woods, so far, I don't know but it certainly seems status quo. Is this thingy creeping north, east to west??

Where does PA stand with the infamous 'apex'? I been out of town. 🤠

Breaking news.....

Maylaysian Goverment apologizes after advising wives to avoid "nagging" during Coronavirus lockdown? WTH???

https://thehill.com/polic...not-to-be-sarcastic-to

Ohhhh wait.... alcohol sales surge during Coronavirus concerns. May lead to possible baby-boomer resurgence😳 Dam it Trump!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/...avirus-trnd/index.html

Last but not least Bernie Sanders remains in the presidential race, in turn, proving me wrong..... 😩 Dam it Bernie!!!

["just go and find your own link.com" make me look bad....😡 the stupid ole phart.]

and who the heck is "Tom"???
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/05 04:59:56

EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 652
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 06:41:04 (permalink)

For Liberals, whenever reality conflicts with ideology, it is reality that must change.
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 707
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 10:48:37 (permalink)
My sisters a lawyer in Pittsburgh. Unemployed now because of the court system shut down so the firm let her go with the chance of rejoining if things pick back up after. She says the citys been in lockdown and at least her part it has been a ghost town. Everyone seems to be obeying the stay at home orders. The stores have been a nut house of course with masks being worn for weeks now. With the exceptions of extremists both way. The ones who either are in full body protection suits or the ones taking it all as a joke.
ridgehunter
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 827
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 11:37:34 (permalink)
Covid-19 cases in Allegheny County :
https://www.alleghenycounty.us/Health-Department/Resources/COVID-19/COVID-19.aspx
scroll down and click on the  Allegheny Co Covid-19 County map, then click on any community in Allegheny Co. for number of cases.
post edited by ridgehunter - 2020/04/05 11:41:09
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 12:19:48 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Moving a bit muup north of Allegheny 'Country' any info on the medical facilities in Butler County?

I've seen updates from Butler Hospital on social media.  Think the last one I saw they had 18 in the hospital, with 5 or 6 in ICU.  2 have died in the county, I believe.  

Rep. Mike Kelley of Butler has recovered, or is near the end of recovery.  

Not sure what the county wide numbers are.  Think we're nearing 100 confirmed cases though.  I don't know anybody who has tested positive, and don't know anyone who knows anyone who has tested positive in Butler County.  

Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 12:33:29 (permalink)
post edited by rsquared - 2020/04/05 22:02:37
Novice Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 12:45:09 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
and who the heck is "Tom"???

Our fine and distinguished governor, Tom Wolf, of course.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 14:07:02 (permalink)
I hear all y'all guyz, thanks for the info.

I know the numbers of Covid19 infections will increase as more test are conducted but then it seems when negative test results look good.... (or disagree with "the models") there appears to be a problem with either the test itself, or the way in which the tests were conducted.

I'm from a family of health care providers (for over half a century), myself being associated with physical plant maintenance in areas of hospitals, long term care facilities before moving to the educational field. Later on, I received my doctorate in CDL, but that's another story.

I should like to mention, my beginning was during the change over of "Civil Defense". So, over the years with my employment, I have been involved in some way, shape or form with emergency preparedness planning (A/K/A; CYA)

During that same time frame, I became involved in the fire service in joining one of the best trained & equipped (for it's time) VFD in PA then eventually becoming associated with local emergency management.

Of course, my experience with emergency prepardness exists only at the local level so that, and 'half a fin' might get me a cup of coffee. Speaking of which, through all my years responding to emergency situations, I have become quite a connaître of fine Red Cross coffee's. (Note: served by some of the most dedicated volunteers to be found. (Subnote: I think I know what happened to the coffee once stored in CD basements.))

Soooo long story short, during the transition of CD to FEMA I've been privileged to assist in planning as well as participate in real time local activation.

This in turn has put me in 'one to one' working relationships with journalist. (some of the most dedicated PITAs known to man).... more about that later.

At any rate, one top priority in any plan is to prevent panic among the masses.

Here, it should mentioned under the old CD plan, in time of panic the code was known as CYA. Under FEMA it is known as "put your head between your knees and kiss your****goodbye."

Journalism unfortunately, has not changed one iota. "DOOM & GLOOM SELLS".

Appologies for the go nowhere story. Myself just having moved from the central time zone during daylight savings time thereby, creating a loss of two hours 'nappybye' time, inturn leading to a severe case of jet lag, coupled with cabin fever, brought about by self imposed quarantine.

Now suffering relapses of recently running barefoot, with rod in hand, along warm sandy beaches heavily adorned with eyecandy, while in search of stupid elusive Gulf Shore fish.

WTH???😩 I want my mommy.

In closing..... about journalist

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2020/04/05 14:22:05

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 627
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 14:49:38 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

"all y'all guys" translates to "yinz'all"
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1147
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 16:08:22 (permalink)
Just get under your desk and cover your head, you'll be fine. Modern version  added if still nervous  bend around and kiss your arz goodbye. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 16:10:42 (permalink)
JM2
BeenThereDoneThat.

"all y'all guys" translates to "yinz'all"

👍

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 16:12:59 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
Just get under your desk and cover your head, you'll be fine. Modern version  added if still nervous  bend around and kiss your arz goodbye. 

Hey Jigs, did ya ever get brave and look up🙄 under the desk, during the air raid drills?? 🙈

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7446
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 22:21:09 (permalink)
This sounds promising. I have wondered about “adverse side effects” of those with underlying heart conditions. Which is also a good portion of those passing from this virus. So it is either the virus or the treatment that gets them.

https://apple.news/AUa78g1JDQ-CFsY8h643b9Q
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/05 22:54:32 (permalink)
Good find Pork thanks for making the story available.👍 Certainly sounds positive. 🤞🏼

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4511
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/06 09:36:42 (permalink)
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/us/pa-liquor-online-sales-trnd/index.html

It’s a good thing the government is great at running things. Maybe they should take over healthcare and the utility industries.

I imagine that it would take an entrepreneur about 48 hours to either beef up the system or find a partner whose system they could piggy back on and online ordering would be a snap. A good entrepreneur would have been able to accomplish that 48 houses BEFORE the State Stores closed so there was no interruption in services.

While there would be a loss of jobs in the stores (temporarily, maybe with back pay, depending on the union), how many jobs would it create for the online business, just when there is a large pool of available unemployed?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2027
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/06 10:09:57 (permalink)
Porktown
This sounds promising. I have wondered about “adverse side effects” of those with underlying heart conditions. Which is also a good portion of those passing from this virus. So it is either the virus or the treatment that gets them.

https://apple.news/AUa78g1JDQ-CFsY8h643b9Q

Good info. Interesting to note that azithromycin can cause heart problems as stated in the article. I wonder if the drug would effect people with a pacemaker such as me?

"The cause of freedom is not the cause of race or a sect, a party or a class-it is the cause of human kind, the very birthright of humanity."Quote by Anna Julia Cooper.

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7446
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/06 11:24:35 (permalink)
bigfoot
Good info. Interesting to note that azithromycin can cause heart problems as stated in the article. I wonder if the drug would effect people with a pacemaker such as me?

According to most of the internet drug verification sites, Hydroxychloroquine also has adverse effects on the heart.  With advisories for those with heart conditions to consult their doctors before use.  It seems like an irregular heart beat, so not being a heart Doctor, I am not sure how that effects each heart condition.  You are obviously better off than those needing a pacemaker that don't have one yet!  It may or may not be an issue, depending on the condition.  I think it is why many Doctors are not as optimistic as some are.  For those without heart conditions, it sounds very promising.  Hopefully using a different antibiotic is the trick

For those of you with any sort of heart condition, it might not be a bad idea to contact your heart doctors to see what they think now?  Rather than adding to the stress, if you happen to start coughing and not sure if you caught it or not?  I'd hope most heart Doctor's offices are already reviewing data to see what sort of treatment they would be comfortable with for what sort of condition.  They may end up giving you some other good advice too, i.e. when to go to the hospital if you start feeling sick or don't listen to advice from a fishing chat board...  But honestly, if I had a compromised ticker, lung issues or diabetes (which seem to be the three that I hear most), I would contact my specialist Doctor and see if they have any special advise that they are telling their clients.

Definitely best idea to stay at home for the next few weeks.  There are delivery services for just about anything now days.  Even if it costs you twice as much.  I'd put any deliveries in isolation in your garage for a day or two, spray with Lysol first and go wash your hands after you touch it.  

https://www.healthline.com/health/hydroxychloroquine-oral-tablet#important-warnings

https://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/06 12:29:55 (permalink)
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-lawmaker-wants-trump-prosecuted-at-the-hague-for-crimes-against-humanity?cmpid=prn_msn

Hey, that Mueller thing didn’t work and the impeachment thing didn’t work and while the economy somewhat tanked, but more than likely won’t stay that way into election season, let’s give this a try.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/06 12:58:21 (permalink)
wmaker-wants-trump-prosecuted-at-the-hague-for-crimes-against-humanity?

Well I know I've been a staunch Trump supporter..... but since this toilet paper thingy 😏

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2020/04/06 13:07:00 (permalink)
The TP issue isn’t a crime against humanity, it’s a crime against yo hinny. 😃

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 22 of 47
Jump to: