Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..111112 Showing page 112 of 112
Author
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2839
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/11 13:39:25 (permalink)
I'm not trying to guilt, demean or whatever.. I just would have thougbt by now, some would have changed their minds. Oh well, I hope none here ever test positive. If they do, I hope no one has severe illness or worse.
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2011
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/11 16:37:20 (permalink)
pensfan1
I'm not trying to guilt, demean or whatever.. I just would have thougbt by now, some would have changed their minds. Oh well, I hope none here ever test positive. If they do, I hope no one has severe illness or worse.

But, they're in a cult. The mental gymnastics required to denounce the vax yet praise hydroxywhatever and horse paste are virtually impossible. Unless your brain is mush. Then apparently, it's very flexible.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 432
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/11 17:22:10 (permalink)
pensfan1

A lot have changed their minds. The mandates are working, and a lot of hesitancy is fading. As time goes on we'll see more of this.

Not everyone who doesn't want to get vaccinated has a mush brain, or is brainwashed by the Trump cult. There absolutely are, for sure those who are like that though. Some have their own concerns, some have actual health reasons why they cannot get it, religious reasons, etc.

At the risk of triggering some people, the truth for me is, most of the hesitancy I see goes hand in hand with Trump supporters. (In my limited bubble world that is. Likely different for different people, but it's what I see) The "Us vs Them" mentality that he rode to the White House, is the same mentality that's going on with the Vaccines and hesitancy. Had Trump won the 2020 election, and was an active proponent of the vaccines (and by active, I mean more than just mentioning to "get your shots" at random rallies - I mean being an actual advocate for it) we'd see a much different world. Hesitancy would be on the left side most likely. (And yes, I'm aware of what VP Harris had said about taking a Vaccine from Trump during a debate during the election - she was dead wrong and it was irresponsible)

At this point, for me personally, I'd trade 4 more years of a Trump presidency, if it meant my loved ones would get the vaccine and protect themselves.

This "Us vs Them" mentality is destroying families, friendships, relationships and marriages, and is costing people their jobs and worse. People are quite literally dying unnecessary deaths to make a political statement. Some are dying out of misplaced fear, and I'm sure there's a ton of other reasons people refuse the vaccine, and thus die from covid. 

Take care of yourselves people. Turn off the TV, Facebook, Telegram, Carrier Pigeon or whatever it is you get news from, and talk to your trusted healthcare professionals and make a decision based on that. 

genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2420
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/12 19:01:22 (permalink)
pretty good stuff, Gator 

" the truth for me is, most of the hesitancy I see goes hand in hand with Trump supporters"

more than that,  imHo
and that certainly doesn't apply to black folk (70% of them are anti)
there are simply ideological differences  at play too 

"This "Us vs Them" mentality is destroying...."

yep
...all civility is what it's wrecked 
I believe it's by design too.
Both sides demonize the other in the interest of power.
the majority of folks  are  being conditioned to hate

"Turn off the TV, Facebook, Telegram, Carrier Pigeon or whatever it is you get news from"

with you
there's a saying that goes back a long ways,
"if it bleeds it leads"

Turn off the doom 'n gloom, and life gets better right away when not manipulated to be in a state of of worry and/or pi55edoffness 

..L.T.A. 
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/26 21:31:14 (permalink)
Email went out today for my work - Company fully supports Vaccinations as the best way to combat the pandemic. All employees must be vaccinated in order to enter any offices or events after December 1. Had to submit paperwork tonight showing my proof of vaccination. Also interesting, any customers we have must abide by the same rule. 

Reading between the corporate bs, it's clear the direction they are going. If your role is customer facing and you're not vaccinated, you won't be able to perform your duties. They acknowledged that there are those who cannot get vaccinated for whatever reason and said those will be handed on a case by case level. 

There's a meeting soon to discuss more, sure to be the most interesting meeting of the year.

According to the Governor here's the daily numbers:
13,640,792 vaccines administered
71.4% of PA’ians 18+ fully vaccinated
90.7% of PA’ians 18+ have received at least one dose
National ranking in first doses administered: 6

To quote the greatest Nascar Driver of all time "Buckle up baby Jesus it's gon' get bumpy" -Ricky Bobby

This threads been quiet for a while - hope everyone is safe and healthy and maybe drowning some worms or something.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2835
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/27 16:34:53 (permalink)
Now i'm gettin pizzed and wondering if we have been bambozeled

Just read where here in Ct you can schedule your FOURTH Pfizer shot 6 mos after your third.
Always figured once a year would become the norm like the flu shot-due to variants
Got both same day and same place  for my third Covid jab.
NOW THEY WANT YA TO GET  A FOURTH IN 6 MOS 
Does the fing thing even work???
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/10/27 16:49:04
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3727
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/27 20:52:55 (permalink)
You will be taking boosters forever......
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2835
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/27 22:15:21 (permalink)
Agreed- found another article saying the first 3 were full doses and the fourth will be about a half dose 'booster.
I get it about different strains of the disease but am starting to wonder about the true strength of this stuff- A booster every year OK but just had the third shot  two weeks ago and they are already saying MORE is needed 6 mos after the third.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1082
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/28 08:03:34 (permalink)
MONEY MONEY MONEY what it's all about!!!
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/28 09:02:10 (permalink)
This is where I believe natural immunity is better than the vaccine protections.....even if your body's own natural antibodies to covid wane over time, you still have memory cells (with a healthy immune system), that can ramp up protection again when the time comes.  
I am not sure that is the case with the antibodies created with the vaccines....at least it doesn't appear so. 
Of course, not everyone has a robust immune system and this is where I think vaccines are important for those individuals. 

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2948
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/28 10:49:01 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
This is where I believe natural immunity is better than the vaccine protections.....even if your body's own natural antibodies to covid wane over time, you still have memory cells (with a healthy immune system), that can ramp up protection again when the time comes.  
I am not sure that is the case with the antibodies created with the vaccines....at least it doesn't appear so. 
Of course, not everyone has a robust immune system and this is where I think vaccines are important for those individuals. 

There's a lot to what you said and I agree that a healthy immune system which has already confronted covid is a very good defense.  However, there are a lot of people who never had covid and the Delta strain is killing people in my area at a much greater rate than the initial strain last year.  The slow roll of this tragedy in rural areas is real.  I work my other job with someone who runs a funeral home in Crawford County.  He says that he's getting unvaccinated, obese people down there.  He had a 29 year old last week.  Stay safe all.  
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/11/05 12:50:14 (permalink)
https://www.abc27.com/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-pennsylvania/a-new-study-reveals-how-humans-can-transmit-the-covid-19-virus-to-deer/

Hahahahaahah....lollipop

And some of you wonder why some of us don't trust all the "science" behind all of this....
drawde
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 13:27:20 (permalink)
Almost two years into this and Fauci doesn't know what immunity you get after having covid.  In 2020 his department spent less than 6% of their money on covid.  He should have been fired over a year ago.  
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2275
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 13:50:20 (permalink)
Got my booster shot this AM. My choice. I have a sister who refuses to get the COVID vaccination or get the yearly one for flu. Her choice. Found out yesterday my younger brother, 76, came down with COVID. He was vaccinated. He has a mild case and is recovering well. He has as of yet not gotten a booster shot.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 15:04:38 (permalink)
bigfoot
Got my booster shot this AM. My choice. I have a sister who refuses to get the COVID vaccination or get the yearly one for flu. Her choice. Found out yesterday my younger brother, 76, came down with COVID. He was vaccinated. He has a mild case and is recovering well. He has as of yet not gotten a booster shot.

Good for you man. Glad to hear the vaccine is doing its job for your brother!

I got my booster a few weeks ago. Moderna on all 3. For the 2nd Moderna shot, I felt like I had the worst hangover of my life for 20 hours, then was perfectly fine. Like a light switch. 
Booster I had no side effects at all. 
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1082
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 15:38:08 (permalink)
Whatever happened to herd immunity? I keep hearing that 90% or more of people have been vaxxed I thought they were preaching 70% was needed. Maybe we just need another 2 weeks to Flatten the Curve!
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2275
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 16:00:20 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Whatever happened to herd immunity? I keep hearing that 90% or more of people have been vaxxed I thought they were preaching 70% was needed. Maybe we just need another 2 weeks to Flatten the Curve!

Who knows? So much info floating around out there makes ya wonder if most of the people providing it even have a clear clue as to what they are talking about. Blah blah blah!!

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 16:00:20 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Whatever happened to herd immunity? I keep hearing that 90% or more of people have been vaxxed I thought they were preaching 70% was needed.

Where are you hearing 90% of people are vaccinated? Fully dosed PA rate is 58%. It varies a lot from one area to the next. This is also a *global* pandemic and some countries that don’t have the same access to vaccines have rates much lower than that. South Africa, where omicron developed is only 25%.

We also keep seeing more and more contagious strains. And vaccines have not been effective at preventing infection of these newer strains, rather they have been preventing more serious illness.

Furthermore, the rate of infection required for herd immunity was always a subject of debate. And re-infection from new strains has always been a possibility.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 19:20:20 (permalink)
MyWar

Where are you hearing 90% of people are vaccinated? 

Israel is 89%

spreading like wildfire now

Highly Vaccinated Israel Is Seeing A Dramatic Surge In New Cases : Goats and Soda : NPR

vax'd folks are super spreaders, not unvax'd

..L.T.A.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 19:57:27 (permalink)
genieman77

Israel is 89%

spreading like wildfire now

Highly Vaccinated Israel Is Seeing A Dramatic Surge In New Cases : Goats and Soda : NPR

The article you linked says Israel’s vaccination rate is 78% for eligible Israelis over 12, and 58% for overall population. Did you pull 89% out of thin air? Did you even bother reading the article you posted?

UAE is 89%, Portugal is 86%, Chile is 84%… these were the highest vaccination rates I could find worldwide, followed by about a dozen other countries at around 80% - Canada, Cuba, Japan, South Korea, Spain, Malaysia, etc… worldwide, the vaccination rate is around 42%.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 20:02:00 (permalink)
Rueters 

Israel: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps (reuters.com)

Vaccination

Israel has administered at least 16,225,960 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 89.6% of the country’s population.

and have you always been a smug dikhead or just stupid?

..L.T.A.
post edited by genieman77 - 2021/12/03 20:04:44
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/12/03 22:43:24 (permalink)
genieman77
Rueters 

Israel: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps (reuters.com)

Vaccination

Israel has administered at least 16,225,960 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 89.6% of the country’s population.
..L.T.A.

I don’t believe that Reuters calculation is correct as it doesn’t seem to account for those individuals that have received a 2nd booster.

According to this article, of a population of 9.2 million, 6.3 million have received the first dose, 5.7 have received a second, and just over 4 million have received a third.

If we consider “fully vaccinated” at least two doses, then that comes out to around 60%.

https://amp.dw.com/en/isr...ts-pays-off/a-59787257

The data source cited from that article is the central bureau of statistics, ministry of health, israel. It’s dated 11/11, so it’s relatively recent.
Page: << < ..111112 Showing page 112 of 112
Jump to: