Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..106107108109110.. > >> Showing page 110 of 112
Author
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 407
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/26 13:43:39 (permalink)
genieman77
DeadGator401

Genie you might not realize this, and I don't believe you did it in an offensive manner, but the phrases in quotes are at the very least poor taste. 

I'm not a "politically correct" kind of guy at all times,  that's true, Gator 

but I'm missing what's in poor taste using those terms to expand on  what radiates under their tinfoil.

..L.T.A.

You put in quotes "Trying to keep them down" and/or shoot them and then a comment about "they think OJ is innocent". We'll leave it at politically incorrect.

I agree with you about not trusting "the man". I'd bet we have a lot of that mentality within minority groups, as well as rural white communities. Of course there's also some within non rural communities as well. 

Government mistrust is a major hurdle that will need to be overcame in order to combat vaccine hesitancy. 
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2385
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/26 18:25:46 (permalink)
DeadGator401

You put in quotes "Trying to keep them down" and/or shoot them and then a comment about "they think OJ is innocent". We'll leave it at politically incorrect.

politically incorrect, but accurate 
Kinda like a white Charles Barkley.
Neither one of us racist/prejudice or ill willed  , but if you're fat, we call it "fat" and not "height to width ratio imbalanced" 

here's a more PC version tho...

Black Lives Matter leader calls Bill de Blasio's vaccine mandate 'modern day freedom papers' (msn.com)

Newsome [big wig of NY BLM] said. "The September 13th vaccine mandate is racist and specifically targets Black New Yorkers. The vaccination ****s are modern day Freedom Papers, which limit the free will of Black people."
De Blasio was "fully aware of the hesitancy and distrust people of African descent have about vaccination and their interactions with government and law enforcement," yet he still "chose to disenfranchise and force the very people who elected him into poverty and second class citizenship."

.If that ain't the man "keeping us down" message, I'll eat my stinky, ugly fishing hat

as far as the OJ thing.
I worked at Chrysler (75% black) got along well and made quite a few friends in my 14 years there .
I was shocked that the overwhelming majority of otherwise rational, educated, intelligent folks I knew, genuinely believed he was framed by "the Man"

which dovetails with my comments in other  threads 

"perception" obscures   most folks view of reality.
It's not a left/right black/white/other thing 
It's a "human nature" thing 

.L.T.A.

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2920
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/27 08:26:56 (permalink)
Some observations from the last couple of weeks,  which may or may not fit some of the above narratives. 

- If you had covid last year, your immunity seems to be good.  People whom I personally know in this situation have so far been good.  I'm thankful for that but concerned because many of them are older (over 55 and males with previous conditions...cancer survivors, heart conditions etc...) 
- If you had covid last year and you're not vaccinated then it seems like you would be less likely to get tested when you get the sniffles and nobody would know if you had covid...again.  
- Multiple unvaccinated individuals who contracted the delta variant are very sick.  Pneumonia/hospitalizations
- Local hospitals are essentially rationing care in NW PA.  My wife, an RN, is coming home with some crazy stories.    
- I would be concerned (NOT FEARFUL, NOT HYSTERICAL) if I had young kids that weren't vaccinated.  I once spent three days bedside with my asthmatic son while they pumped oxygen into him.  I would never wish that experience on my worst enemy. 
- Many people I know who did not get covid last year and were vaccinated have contracted the delta variant to some degree.  No hospitalizations...range from sniffles to crapola for a week to ten days. Once again, this group seems to be in a situation where their jobs/home lives dictate the testing.  Don't want to get sports kids quarantined or spread to the team.  Work in state/federal/healthcare jobs that demand testing...etc...
- I don't know anyone who had covid last year and is vaccinated that has had symptoms.  
- I don't know if the multiple unvaccinated people in my area with severe symptoms/hospitalizations had covid last year.  Many people kept it under the cuff.  
- I would think that if you have natural immunity you're only boosting that immunity by also getting a vaccine.  That's a good thing.  
- Cole Beasley of the Buffalo Bills is unvaccinated and had a career day yesterday.  Myles Garret of the Cleveland Browns also had a career day.  He is vaccinated.  Who's to say??

Stay safe y'all.  
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2813
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/30 18:39:13 (permalink)
Went to a pharmacy  today and ended up getting a flu shot, went back later with my shot card and got the third Pfizer too.
No appointments necessary just happened to be there for some other meds and saw the signs for both shots.
If it turns out to be annual and its this easy like the flu shot-- who cares.
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1959
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/30 23:02:19 (permalink)
Got the coronas last year. Got 2 shots of juice. Aint gettin no more shots-- who cares

BH

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8366
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/01 08:40:59 (permalink)
I'll get the flu vax, not sure if I'd do at the same day as a corona vax.  That is kind of rolling the dice on your immune system going into hyperdrive, which is what gives you those side effects like aches, chills, nausea.  May or may not, but I'm not a fan of feeling like a turd, even if only a day or two.  

Flu shots are free just about any pharmacy that I go into with my insurance.  I'm not going to make a special trip, but if I am at a grocery store that has and my insurance covers, the 10 minute detour is just fine by me.  If I am at an annual check up and they have, I get it.  I have caught the flu once in the past 10 years and have been vaccinated most of those years.  It lasted one day of chills, fever and nausea.  Cough persisted for a week or so.  I am satisfied with those results, would it have been the same without, who knows.  If that is what the science says the corona shot will end up being, then I will get annually.  If it ends up pointing to be like polio or small pox with one time being enough, I am more than fine with that too.  I am not high risk, so likely won't be available for booster for a little while. 

I am not one to make a stand for things that I am at best "an internet expert in my own mind" of.  If the majority of Dr.'s are saying one thing and pointing to peer reviewed studies published in reputable journals, that is well beyond my expertise and admit to it.  If a minority of Dr.'s are pointing to one study that hasn't been peer reviewed, I equivalate that to following blindly.  I am not going to just follow what the Govt. says either.  My son who turned 12 over the summer, has one shot and will be all he gets.  The Govt. says he should get two full doses.  Many Dr.'s throughout the world and our country are split on kids, especially of his age and stage of development.  The difference between my son and kids that will turn 12 in the next few months is little to nothing.  Some, especially girls, are going through puberty at his age, boys in general are later than girls.  The 12+ is a blanket to hopefully catch the youngest possible adolescents, but then covers many other pre-adolescents (which he is).  If they get two shots of the kid vax, they end up with 2/3 the amount of vax that he already has.  For the seemingly natural immunity in pre-adolescent kids, without compromised immunities already have against this virus, I think 1 1/3 times the amount of vaccine to his peers that are a few months younger, is more than enough.  If getting him the 1/3 and 1/3 was an option at the time, I would have went that route, but wasn't.  He may very well be held out of some activities for my decision, but I am just fine with making the sacrifice if need be.  If that sacrifice is school, we will be looking to show our justification, if not approved, then have to make a decision.  I hope it doesn't come to that though.  I have already spoken to our most pro vaccine school board member and told me that my rationale makes sense.  We will see though.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/01 13:06:09 (permalink)
Well, one thing's for sure.  He'll be "less magnetized" than his peer group.  That should be handy in the long run

On a serious note, it will be interesting to see whether they deem him vaccinated or not based on the half dose.  I wouldn't think that a school board member would have any pull there.  To my understanding it's Dept. of Health guidelines that are running the show and any school solicitor advises districts strongly to follow those guidelines.  You might be able to find info on the DOH website  that would answer your questions.  The only issue I see with your son is the quarantine guidelines.  If they deem him "unvaccinated" he would be subject to those DOH quarantine guidelines.  If he's fully vaccinated he wouldn't need to quarantine unless he's symptomatic.  Regardless, I hope it's all a non-issue for you and your family.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/01 15:27:04 (permalink)
They put the micro chips in the second shot.  Really why I don't want him getting it!  He is the last remaining in our house that isn't being tracked...

I have a feeling that it won't come to a mandate.  The amount of people infected after this Delta spike + those vaccinated, we should be pretty close to heard immunity and hopefully this is the last spike.  On the back side of this Delta spike, I couldn't imagine the state or county at this point mandating vaccines.  If it reemerges in the winter or spring, it is definitely something that I could see happening.  By that point, I would be a bit more comfortable with him getting a booster after aging a bit.  I would imagine they would consider one shot now and a booster later as "fully vaccinated", but who knows?  We will cross that bridge if it comes.

Merck has a new covid pill treatment that is 50% effective.  Good news.  It still needs peer reviewed, so I believe it is still a bit out.  Not sure if hospitals have been given permission in that "last option available" or whatever it is called exemption that hydroxychloroquine had?  Just like the antibody cocktails, it is an all new med with no safety history and not a generic treatment that we have known safe for years and minimal cost.  I am guessing at this point, we aren't going to have an existing safe generic medicine that is effective.  I would have to imagine all have been tried in a laboratory by now.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/01 16:37:06 (permalink)
please tell more about the chips and tracking- havent heard that before and just got a third shot.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/01 19:23:11 (permalink)
I saw this one pop up a few days ago.  Can't say that I read it, but the title of the article is pretty good.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021...-5g-tracking-chip.html
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/01 20:29:52 (permalink)
even the lead says why its NOT possible
Fortunately

I remain amazed that so many jobs are threatened -especially in the public sector- for not getting the shot while the Govt lets thousands of illegals enter and roam about without even being tested.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/10/02 10:30:23
thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 886
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/04 16:53:37 (permalink)
Iv probably had it. Never been tested. Won't get tested , and won't be getting no shots. I don't trust the government. There making billions off this entire thing. Ill walk freely where ever I please. This is supposed to be a free country. Yell keep letting them take your rights 1 by 1. And an employer certainly isn't making me get a shot. My body my choice remember

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3690
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 08:39:32 (permalink)
My brother works for a company that has government contracts.  He just got the memo today.  All employees that do not have their last shot by November 24th, will be terminated on December 9th.  He and his team work 100% from home.  Nutz.  They do not even have to meet face to face with any clients.  

thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 886
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 08:54:04 (permalink)
Thats horrible about your brother its not right. But nothing can be done legally because the government makes to much to end it. Just last year they weren't forcing things on people. Anyone remember that? Then the checks showed up. Now look at everything. In more debt then ever. Making more money then ever. Lying to the country proving it in court. And nothing is done about it.

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 09:56:10 (permalink)
Its the new America folks soon papers and cards please.Remember elections have consequences.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1197
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 11:37:59 (permalink)
Yea right, “The New America”, where people are too dumb to do something that will save their own lives.

Greatest country in the world I tell ya.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 11:41:04 (permalink)
 Anyone can live in America and be perfectly free in all ways, you just can't always reap the rewards of the society.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 12:33:20 (permalink)
Just like the argument of "odds of dying of covid" are extremely low, same argument of the amount of federal contractors that will be forced to get the vaccine or lose their jobs is extremely low.  It is part of working as a federal contractor.  It is just like the multiple background checks and random drug screening that they can throw at you any time.  They are pretty clear up front when you accept a federal contractor position, you give up certain civil liberties.  If you are one that doesn't trust the government, working for them probably isn't the best career choice. 

genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 13:31:09 (permalink)
thunderpole
 the government makes to much to end it.

Help me with that one.
how does the gov make money off the pandemic?

thanks 

..L.T.A. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 14:53:45 (permalink)
genieman77

Help me with that one.

thanks 

..L.T.A. 

From all of the unemployed workers not paying taxes.  Businesses taking grants instead of paying taxes on no profits.  The multiple stimulus packages from both Trump and Biden.  The expanded unemployment from both Trump and Biden.  The FEMA assistance to states.  The Feds paying for shots and other treatments that they promised would not be passed along to citizens.  Pretty obvious The Man, is just trying to trick us with these things and is pocketing $Bs, straight to the Deep State account.

snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 386
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 16:09:11 (permalink)
genieman77

Help me with that one.

thanks 

..L.T.A. 

https://theintercept.com/2021/03/24/covid-vaccine-stocks-biden-conflict/
  • Anita Dunn, the leading strategist on Biden’s presidential campaign who now serves as White House adviser, is on leave from her job as managing partner at the consulting firm she co-founded, SKDK, which provides extensive public relations and advertising services to Pfizer. Dunn intends to return to the SKDK this summer. SKDK, which did not respond to a request for comment, has continued to promote Pfizer’s vaccines on social media.
  • Susan Rice, the domestic policy adviser, holds up to $5 million in shares of Johnson & Johnson and up to $50,000 in shares of Pfizer, according to a disclosure made public this week.
  • Eric Lander, the White House science adviser, holds up to $1 million in shares of BioNTech, Pfizer’s partner for its coronavirus vaccine.
  • Secretary of State Anthony Blinken previously consulted for Gilead Science, the biotech company that produced remdesivir, the only Covid-19 treatment approved by the FDA so far.
  • Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, Biden’s pick for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, previously served as an attorney advising both Pfizer and Gilead on federal policy issues.
Just a few examples, but so on and so forth on down the line through the offices of federal health agencies, halls of Congress, into governors' mansions, etc.  

Money ain't flowing into federal coffers, but it's flowing into the hands and war chests of those who make policy that are trying to ensure that the tens of billions in profits in 2021 for v a $ $ i n e manufacturers isn't a once in a lifetime thing.  All for a vax that has a questionable safety profile and doesn't do much for those who need it most after about 6 months.  But we should know more about their safety once the phase 3 trials wrap up in a couple years, and policy makers can ensure people get their boosters every 6 months when they start declaring them unvaxxed if they don't stay on schedule.  

post edited by snagr - 2021/10/05 16:11:43
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 16:58:53 (permalink)
Porktown
Just like the argument of "odds of dying of covid" are extremely low, same argument of the amount of federal contractors that will be forced to get the vaccine or lose their jobs is extremely low.  It is part of working as a federal contractor.  It is just like the multiple background checks and random drug screening that they can throw at you any time.  They are pretty clear up front when you accept a federal contractor position, you give up certain civil liberties.  If you are one that doesn't trust the government, working for them probably isn't the best career choice. 

A little different here, he works for a public company on the NYSE, that works on multiple contracts, several which are US Govt. contracts.  They employ over 50,000 people in the US, over 500,000 people worldwide.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 20:19:52 (permalink)
snagr

• Anita Dunn, the leading strategist on Biden’s presidential campaign who now serves as White House adviser, is on leave from her job as managing partner at the consulting firm she co-founded, SKDK, which provides extensive public relations and advertising services to Pfizer. Dunn intends to return to the SKDK this summer. SKDK, which did not respond to a request for comment, has continued to promote Pfizer’s vaccines on social media.
  • Susan Rice, the domestic policy adviser, holds up to $5 million in shares of Johnson & Johnson and up to $50,000 in shares of Pfizer, according to a disclosure made public this week.
  • Eric Lander, the White House science adviser, holds up to $1 million in shares of BioNTech, Pfizer’s partner for its coronavirus vaccine.
  • Secretary of State Anthony Blinken previously consulted for Gilead Science, the biotech company that produced remdesivir, the only Covid-19 treatment approved by the FDA so far.
  • Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, Biden’s pick for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, previously served as an attorney advising both Pfizer and Gilead on federal policy issues.
Just a few examples, but so on and so forth on down the line through the offices of federal health agencies, halls of Congress, into governors' mansions, etc.  

Money ain't flowing into federal coffers, but it's flowing into the hands and war chests of those who make policy that are trying to ensure that the tens of billions in profits in 2021 for v a $ $ i n e manufacturers isn't a once in a lifetime thing.  All for a vax that has a questionable safety profile and doesn't do much for those who need it most after about 6 months.  But we should know more about their safety once the phase 3 trials wrap up in a couple years, and policy makers can ensure people get their boosters every 6 months when they start declaring them unvaxxed if they don't stay on schedule.  

\

oh
thanks Sngr

..L.T.A.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2814
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 21:02:56 (permalink)
Ya so we are burying the 51 yr old , unvaxd man tomorrow.... so there's that...
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 21:40:50 (permalink)
Sorry for your loss.....
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 21:44:49 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Porktown

A little different here, he works for a public company on the NYSE, that works on multiple contracts, several which are US Govt. contracts.  They employ over 50,000 people in the US, over 500,000 people worldwide.

Being a public company has nothing do with it. Lockheed Martin is publicly held and they are the largest defense contractor in the world.

If you want those sweet, sweet federal contract$, you gotta play by the rules. Simple as that.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/05 22:00:43 (permalink)
genieman77
snagr

\

oh
thanks Sngr

..L.T.A.

The pharmaceutical industry doesn’t make money on a drug you take once. They make money by developing treatments for chronic illnesses, that’s why there are a million anti depressants on the market. Even if there is an annual booster, the profit margin doesn’t compare to a pill you have to take every day. Also, the mRNA covid vaccines in particular are extremely expensive to manufacture and transport.

Elected officials having a vested financial interest in the pharmaceutical industry is indeed a big problem, but it has nothing to do with covid.
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 804
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/06 06:49:07 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Its the new America folks soon papers and cards please.Remember elections have consequences.

Yep! And now you don't dare go to a school board meeting and speak out against Critical Race Theory or any of the other indoctrination crap the schools are pushin'. Biden has unleashed the DOJ to investigate and charge you with domestic terrorism, and Merrick Garland agrees with him. You remember Garland, don't you? The Obama Supreme Court nominee that McConnell refused to allow a hearing. Many thanks to a Republican controlled Senate at the time.
post edited by EMitch - 2021/10/06 06:54:35

If you agree with the Progressive Democrats, that's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech and racism.
genieman77
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/06 07:06:53 (permalink)
MyWar

The pharmaceutical industry doesn’t make money on a drug you take once.

of course they do.
Most kid inoculations are one 'n done (mumps, measles, etc) 
People are born everyday 
However, with this particular situation, there's potential for 7 billion sales worldwide 

MyWarThey make money by developing treatments for chronic illnesses,

the toilet manufacture makes money.
don't know if the toilet paper manufacture makes more, do you?

MyWarAlso, the mRNA covid vaccines in particular are extremely expensive to manufacture and transport. 

and the bean counters have calculated a profit margin into every one of those components too.

MyWarElected officials having a vested financial interest in the pharmaceutical industry is indeed a big problem

and oil, and green energy, and defense and every other big industry.
where my one sided friend's err, is they perceive the other side of the coin  (their side) is all that different.

..L.T.A.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/10/06 07:29:53 (permalink)
genieman77
MyWar

The pharmaceutical industry doesn’t make money on a drug you take once.

of course they do.
Most kid inoculations are one 'n done (mumps, measles, etc) 
People are born everyday 
However, with this particular situation, there's potential for 7 billion sales worldwide 

MyWarThey make money by developing treatments for chronic illnesses,

the toilet manufacture makes money.
don't know if the toilet paper manufacture makes more, do you?

MyWarAlso, the mRNA covid vaccines in particular are extremely expensive to manufacture and transport. 

and the bean counters have calculated a profit margin into every one of those components too.

MyWarElected officials having a vested financial interest in the pharmaceutical industry is indeed a big problem

and oil, and green energy, and defense and every other big industry.
where my one sided friend's err, is they perceive the other side of the coin  (their side) is all that different.

..L.T.A.

I didn’t pay anything for my covid shot. Neither did anybody else that got a shot in this country. In fact I’d bet most people worldwide didn’t pay for their covid shot. How is the pharmaceutical industry making money off that?
Page: << < ..106107108109110.. > >> Showing page 110 of 112
Jump to: