Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..106107108109110.. > >> Showing page 108 of 112
Author
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2813
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/17 18:19:58 (permalink)
Looking forward to my third--74 yrs and counting so am ok to get one.
Always figured this would end up being annual like the Flu shot.
also looking forward to many many more annuals  lol
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 386
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/18 11:48:10 (permalink)
Porktown
snagr
European schools that have operated pretty close to normal this summer when even Delta was the predominant strain in those places.  

Weren't these kids on summer break then?  I know some countries don't do as long of a break, but I am pretty sure most if not all Europe has summer break.

Our schools ran pretty normal over the summer too...  

Many European countries are following a year round schooling model, where there are longer breaks during what would be a normal school year that most of us are familiar with.  6 week summer vacation, as opposed to 3 months like many in the US.  Some places in the US do this too, but seems to be more of a local decision than a state one.  So many European schools have been in session since mid-July, when Delta was all the rage.    

Do I need to provide documentation that July and August are still considered summer in Europe?  
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8366
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/18 18:35:47 (permalink)
I wouldn’t mind seeing something showing those actual in schools. Not that I disagree. Just thought it was odd. Regardless, it off for 1.5, 2, 2.5 or 3 months. It seems like you really can’t take one number and assume the other.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 407
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/19 14:34:47 (permalink)
r3g3
Looking forward to my third--74 yrs and counting so am ok to get one.
Always figured this would end up being annual like the Flu shot.
also looking forward to many many more annuals  lol

You've said this for the past year. I agree with you. 

I was under the impression that everyone kinda knew and agreed on this. Vaccine efficacy will wane over time, boosters to top them off. 
The recent news of the boosters and who gets them makes perfect sense. Those who got the vaccines first, likely 8 months back, will get the booster first. 

Bit annoying how we can't get clear data from each, ex. Pfizer lasts X months, need booster at X time. Moderna lasts X months, need booster X time. 
I don't know jack about the data gathering and interpreting processes though. I received Moderna 6 months ago, and apparently that vaccine has so far, shown to have the strongest efficacy over time. 

Good to hear you're doing better Snagr, glad you didn't dance with the Rona again.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2814
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/19 16:49:57 (permalink)
We thought we had it in this house starting last Wednesday. First the oldest, then me. We both tested negative on Friday. Results came in via text this morning, thank goodness. Some kind of awful sinus crap, with cough and chills. Wer all vaxxd so I wasn't really worried about severe illness, but it sucked not being allowed out of the bedroom for almost 4 days. I'm still way stuffed with pressure in my chest. Natalie has pretty much the same things going on.

Hope all you senior guys get that booster and stay healthy. We will try and do the same here. Best part of fishing season is on its way. Good luck all.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3690
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/19 19:18:34 (permalink)
RSV really bad right now ......might be what you guys had.
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2920
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/20 09:11:53 (permalink)
Porktown

The nurses now, are forced to assume everyone of them is positive, with 10-20 kids in their office, I would have to imagine that is disrupting their normal work flow.  If positive, they know to isolate from others and gives the nurse a bit more protection of knowing that kid really is positive, these ones here are not.  If negative, they can go back to class if no temp or sent home.  90% reduction of kids sitting around in the nurse's office and allow them to focus a little more energy on their normal duties.  But maybe that ivory tower got in your way of logical thought?

My point has always been, "how can we do this in a more efficient and effective manner".  I don't disagree that a nurse could or should do it.  My point is that there are outside resources available to schools to keep them open and safe and that we should use them.  

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/20 09:19:50 (permalink)
pensfan1
We thought we had it in this house starting last Wednesday. First the oldest, then me. We both tested negative on Friday. Results came in via text this morning, thank goodness. Some kind of awful sinus crap, with cough and chills. Wer all vaxxd so I wasn't really worried about severe illness, but it sucked not being allowed out of the bedroom for almost 4 days. I'm still way stuffed with pressure in my chest. Natalie has pretty much the same things going on.

Hope all you senior guys get that booster and stay healthy. We will try and do the same here. Best part of fishing season is on its way. Good luck all.

Glad you're good.  My wife tested positive last week (nurse).  She was in bed for two days but tolerated it well.  She'll be off quarantine tomorrow.  From what I've seen so far, plan on getting sick with the Delta variant at some point regardless of your immunity or vaccination level.   I was a close contact of two people, my wife being one, who tested positive in the last two weeks and so far I'm ok. (knock on wood) I was sick with covid and then got the vaccine.  Word on the street is that I was a close contact of two more people from a volleyball tourney over the weekend as well.  Good times... 
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/22 13:53:14 (permalink)
Lot of close calls and potential exposures here. Hope everyone and their families are doing well!

I've been pretty out of the loop, recently had a little one arrive (great timing). The hospitals are taking things very seriously (feels weird to type that). No mask and you're asked to put one on, if ya don't - you're gone. None of the wearing them improperly either type mumbo jumbo. 

@eyes - you mention RSV, our pediatrician said the same thing. Not only that, but apparently some other things aside from Covid and RSV are going around that are pretty rough. (I can't recall what they were exactly, I'm tired) 

Advice was essentially, we make a bubble. Obviously, Covid Vaccine is the top requirement for that, but even with that, masks are still worn out of caution and comfort. No real idea on how long we'll keep this going or what. 

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/22 14:22:15 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Lot of close calls and potential exposures here. Hope everyone and their families are doing well!

I've been pretty out of the loop, recently had a little one arrive (great timing). The hospitals are taking things very seriously (feels weird to type that). No mask and you're asked to put one on, if ya don't - you're gone. None of the wearing them improperly either type mumbo jumbo. 

@eyes - you mention RSV, our pediatrician said the same thing. Not only that, but apparently some other things aside from Covid and RSV are going around that are pretty rough. (I can't recall what they were exactly, I'm tired) 

Advice was essentially, we make a bubble. Obviously, Covid Vaccine is the top requirement for that, but even with that, masks are still worn out of caution and comfort. No real idea on how long we'll keep this going or what. 

Congrats Gator, awesome stuff!  

Just saw some data on these viruses yesterday.  RSV on the rise in our region.  

Sounds like you have a good plan in place and something a lot of new parents I know have done with babies in the fall and winter, long before Covid was a thing, especially because of RSV.  

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/22 14:50:58 (permalink)
Congrats Gator!  Enjoy that baby man! 

Stay safe y'all.  Unfortunately, there are multiple people in my realm with some serious covid right now.  Seems like the delta is creating some nasty pneumonia.  The serious cases I know of are both with unvaccinated individuals.  Not sure of their prior exposures or previous immunity but one is in the hospital, mid 40's.  
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1197
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/22 16:27:32 (permalink)
I’m surprised the anti vax / anti mask experts haven’t posted this yet.

https://www.npr.org/secti...id-cases-through-march
fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1458
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/22 16:54:48 (permalink)
Congrats Gator!!!!

Yes RSV is going around my grandson got it last week and the girls at the daycare said there were 3 or 4 of them there that had it. 

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/22 17:25:00 (permalink)
Congrats Gator!  Sounds like you are housebound regardless of Covid!  Hopefully some sleep mixed in.

Not sure what my son caught, but took over a week to clear.  From what it sounds, most of the kids in our area are getting whatever it was, rather than covid.  The schools sent out an active case memo a few days ago and was pretty low.  I do know a lot of kids missing school over the other bug, per parents reaching out to me as a coach, social media and hearing parents talk.  The school is requiring anyone with symptoms to get tested.  Masks aren't doing much for RSV or whatever it is.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/22 20:58:01 (permalink)
Several kids in our neighborhood out of school with Covid too.  A few parents got it from them. So far, seem to be fairing pretty well.  I
I'm just sore from Sunday work detail with the family cutting, hauling and splitting wood all day Sunday and looks like we will be doing it again this weekend.  8 to 10 cord ain't gonna cut and split itself.....

Ps - congrats on the baby...

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/22 22:40:15 (permalink)
Thanks folks. It's been a wild ride. 

The bubble has been tough to do, but got to protect the little one. 

Have to say, splitting wood sure sounds like a nice change of pace!
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/23 06:56:14 (permalink)
Just talked to Joe Biden, he said that you can go ahead and vaccinate the newborn…

Just heard one of my neighbors kids a few doors down is positive. This is the first delta in my immediate neighborhood that I have heard of. Same bus as my daughter. We had a bunch last year and winter spike.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/23 07:56:30 (permalink)
Over 2 weeks ago, my son sat next to a kid at lunch that was out of school the next day, positive with covid.  My son was never notified to be "quarantined" and never showed any symptoms.  No rhyme or reason to the school policies nor the way the virus affects people.

Neighbor across and down one house from us, both kids have been quarantined twice already and the one has it right now.  Just sniffles from what I heard.
Other neighbors that we are friends with (wife walks with the mom regularly), had their youngest, 3rd grade, test positive.  Other than the dad, all of them have it now (mom and two other kids, one my sons age and on his flag football team).  Mild to moderate flu like symptoms for a day or 2 and then on the mend.  

Gator, my back will be asking for many timeouts this coming weekend, I think.  Just glad the kids actually enjoyed helping out and want to do it some more.  My FIL passed away 2 weeks ago and they heat the house with wood so, MIL needs lots of help right now.  She insists on staying in Cambria County, high elevation, 1/2 mile long driveway on 80 acres.  I think she will need to learn how to plow this winter or be prepared to hunker down if they get lots of snow.

Update; wife talked to the mom and all 4 (mom, 3 kids) have all lost taste and smell to some degree.  Other symptoms seem to have abated other than a little runny nose for a couple of the kids.  Only the youngest had a fever, so far, and only the day she got tested last Friday.  
post edited by eyesandgillz - 2021/09/23 10:25:45
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/23 08:08:13 (permalink)
Definitely on the no rhyme or reason. I’m sure scientists will likely pinpoint some sort of likely reason for it being selectively severe in some and not others. Until there is clear science, we can’t expect clear policies regardless at what level. It will likely be years before science is able to figure it out. It does appear this area is pretty far from the clear. Good to see that much of the south seems to be close. Hopefully the amount vaccinated, recovered and new medicines are able to keep too many more families from suffering the loss of loved ones.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2813
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/23 18:39:37 (permalink)
Soooo the good dr lied all along about his relationship with CHINA and the purpose of this horrible disease.
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1959
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/23 19:07:04 (permalink)
^^^^^^^^^^^
I knew he was a POS from the door.
Yeah, i'm still around, checkin in on yinz.
Delta variant is runnin rampant up here in the NW corner of the state.

BH
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 07:37:56 (permalink)
r3g3
Soooo the good dr lied all along about his relationship with CHINA and the purpose of this horrible disease.

So, honest question because I don't frequent the same places you do.  What are you talking about?  
post edited by LDD - 2021/09/24 07:40:07
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 09:14:35 (permalink)
LDD
r3g3

So, honest question because I don't frequent the same places you do.  What are you talking about?  

https://theintercept.com/...-research-grant-darpa/

Not necessarily Fauci, who I assume R3 is referring to, but Fauci’s pal Peter Daszack. This article really doesn’t address whether NIH funded this work, which has kind of been the main focus of folks like Rand Paul in questioning Fauci. But it does reveal the nature of some of the work going on under Daszack and shows that the lab escape is becoming more plausible in the eyes of many scientists. And as the article also shows, some still say it doesn’t move the needle for them.

I follow Alina Chan on Twitter, who is quoted several times in the article. I’m not familiar with the other names, but her approach for months has been very apolitical in her approach to Covid and she loathes Trump. She certainly doesn’t strike me as someone who is interested in politicizing this one way or the other and really never comments on the response to Covid, only the science behind understanding the disease itself.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 10:21:47 (permalink)
Sneaking suspicion it was more this.  Which isn't nearly the "raising suspicion" that Snagr's article claims.

https://www.foxnews.com/m...ex-state-dept-official
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 10:23:49 (permalink)
Biden's booster speech, summarized:

1. Vaxxed people need protections
2. Then says vaxxed people are protected
3. Says 80 million should take dose 3
4. More mandates are coming
5. Lies that CDC+FDA back him
6. Declares refusers reason for bad economy
7. And of course no mention ever of the scientifically proven superiority of natural immunity over vaccine immunity.

Sounds like science and data are really driving the agenda here! So glad we have a presidential administration with the scientific acumen of the Flat Earther Society.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2241
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 11:01:21 (permalink)
snagr
Biden's booster speech, summarized:

Sounds like science and data are really driving the agenda here! So glad we have a presidential administration with the scientific acumen of the Flat Earther Society.

Oh yea, and don’t forget to include the tin hat brigade. 😜

"We should take as a maxim never to be surprised at current difficulties no more than at a passing breeze, because with patience we shall see them disappear. Time changes everything."
St. Vincent de Paul 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 11:01:37 (permalink)
snagr

7. And of course no mention ever of the scientifically proven superiority of natural immunity over vaccine immunity.

I have yet to hear any reputable source claim "scientifically proven superiority".  The vast majority are saying vaccine immunity to be superior.  I have read articles stating the difference is minimal.  I tend to think, many scientists and doctors have a bias for vaccinations, so I tend to imagine it is close to equal.  I don't mean bias in terms of getting funding, more bias of not wanting people to risk death or hospitalization (making their life tougher) for people to gain natural immunization.  As a public health stance, I imagine is partially why Biden pushes vaccination.  I do think showing proof of natural immunity should count for something, in terms of places requiring vaccination.

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 12:27:29 (permalink)
Porktown
snagr

I have yet to hear any reputable source claim "scientifically proven superiority".  The vast majority are saying vaccine immunity to be superior. 

Bring receipts that compare both in studies like I have.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2964
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 12:48:34 (permalink)
Funny Fight GIF - Funny Fight Mad - Discover & Share GIFs (tenor.com)

post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/09/24 12:50:00
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/24 13:01:17 (permalink)
Page: << < ..106107108109110.. > >> Showing page 108 of 112
Jump to: