Helpful ReplyHot!Coronavirus opinions

Page: << < ..106107108109110.. > >> Showing page 106 of 112
Author
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2244
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/06 12:23:28 (permalink)
Porktown
Don’t listen to MyWar. We all know hydrochloriquine and zinc are the cure. Deep state just hates Trump. Why do we even need a cure for a fake news virus in the first place? It is just the flu.

In all sincerity I would like to find out once and for all where Mr. Trump called the Covid virus a fake. It has been reported ad nauseum by various news outlets and repeated over and over. I remember him saying the way the Democrats were portraying his handling of the virus was fake. Perhaps I have been laboring under a misconception.
post edited by bigfoot - 2021/09/06 13:51:54

"We should take as a maxim never to be surprised at current difficulties no more than at a passing breeze, because with patience we shall see them disappear. Time changes everything."
St. Vincent de Paul 
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3693
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/06 14:38:16 (permalink)
MyWar
eyesandgillz
MyWar
eyesandgillz
Ivermectin dangerous?   Really?  Used for billions of doses over decades? 

I didn’t say ivermectin was dangerous. I said it was dangerous for people who aren’t doctors to pretend like they are some kind of
authority on the matter.

eyesandgillz

Ivermectin, used as prescribed by a doctor in normal dosages is very safe.  NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE on this forum is advocating for someone to go out and buy TSC Ivec and use that

And yet clearly it is happening. People are getting dumb ideas in their heads and overdosing on horse meds. These same people are probably also refusing to take a vaccine which has also been administered safely billions of times with no ill effects.

So why do you think this is happening?

Maybe it’s because people with no medical training are running around saying things like: “WeLl acKShully IVermEctin is Blah BLah bLAh…”?

And furthermore even if ivermectin is safe, when prescribed by a doctor for the treatment of a PARASITIC INFECTION, there is not sufficient evidence to indicate widespread use for covid, especially when there are MUCH better treatments available, the most notable one being A VACCINE.

I am also saying that it is illogical pseudo scientific BS to amplify the minuscule amount of data that suggests ivermectin is in any way effective against covid, while at the same time downplaying the overwhelming evidence which indicates that the vaccines (not to mention masks) are safe and effective. Nobody that would make such an argument is basing it on real science, because REAL science suggests the complete opposite.

Is my position clear enough now? Or do you want to try to straw man some more?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34145166/

3406 participants huh? That’s enough to convince you?

Do you know how many participants are included in clinical trials for the covid vaccines? And that’s before the vaccines are even available to the general public. We now have 6+ months of real world data with tens of billions of doses administered.

Also, would you like me to explain why a small sample of only 3400 participants that includes the following conclusion is not sufficient evidence to convince the entire worldwide medical community that ivermectin is effective?

“Conclusions: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin.”

So my question to you is the same as the other anti vaxxer nutter: Why is this tiny study with only 3400 participants and a very weakly worded conclusion enough to convince you that ivermectin is a viable treatment, but the evidence that indicates safety and efficacy of vaccines, which in comparison is an overwhelming mountain of evidence, is insufficient for you?

Blah...blah de blah.......blahhhh.....blahhhhh....blahhhhhhh.....blah de blah de blah.........moooo

There you go again....labeling me anti-vax...sooooo far from the truth of the matter.....
It is amusing continuing to watch your TDS meltdowns.....oh, to be in the mind of a lib....but then again, would get boring after 10 seconds with all that empty space.

Keep on keeping on Sunshine!

MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1204
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/06 16:44:28 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
There you go again....labeling me anti-vax...sooooo far from the truth of the matter.....

Did you get the vaccine?

No?

Why not?

Wait, don’t tell me. I know. It’s because of some anti vaxxer nonsensical nuttery reason.

So yea, that totally checks out.
JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 177
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/06 17:20:04 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
MyWar
eyesandgillz
Ivermectin dangerous?   Really?  Used for billions of doses over decades? 

I didn’t say ivermectin was dangerous. I said it was dangerous for people who aren’t doctors to pretend like they are some kind of
authority on the matter.

eyesandgillz
Ivermectin, used as prescribed by a doctor in normal dosages is very safe.  NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE on this forum is advocating for someone to go out and buy TSC Ivec and use that

And yet clearly it is happening. People are getting dumb ideas in their heads and overdosing on horse meds. These same people are probably also refusing to take a vaccine which has also been administered safely billions of times with no ill effects.

So why do you think this is happening?

Maybe it’s because people with no medical training are running around saying things like: “WeLl acKShully IVermEctin is Blah BLah bLAh…”?

And furthermore even if ivermectin is safe, when prescribed by a doctor for the treatment of a PARASITIC INFECTION, there is not sufficient evidence to indicate widespread use for covid, especially when there are MUCH better treatments available, the most notable one being A VACCINE.

I am also saying that it is illogical pseudo scientific BS to amplify the minuscule amount of data that suggests ivermectin is in any way effective against covid, while at the same time downplaying the overwhelming evidence which indicates that the vaccines (not to mention masks) are safe and effective. Nobody that would make such an argument is basing it on real science, because REAL science suggests the complete opposite.

Is my position clear enough now? Or do you want to try to straw man some more?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34145166/

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

fishin coyote
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1458
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/06 17:54:17 (permalink)
Image failed to upload 
post edited by fishin coyote - 2021/09/06 17:56:40

Nothing is Free!!
Reward equals Effort

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8381
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/06 18:30:20 (permalink)
bigfoot
Porktown
Don’t listen to MyWar. We all know hydrochloriquine and zinc are the cure. Deep state just hates Trump. Why do we even need a cure for a fake news virus in the first place? It is just the flu.

In all sincerity I would like to find out once and for all where Mr. Trump called the Covid virus a fake. It has been reported ad nauseum by various news outlets and repeated over and over. I remember him saying the way the Democrats were portraying his handling of the virus was fake. Perhaps I have been laboring under a misconception.

Talking about the cult and their talking heads. Doesn’t always need to come straight from Trump. The cult had/has some very dangerous/dumb ideas that Trump would either agree with or entertain, without calling them out for being ridiculous.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/06 20:34:49 (permalink)
Oh, 👍 okay.

"We should take as a maxim never to be surprised at current difficulties no more than at a passing breeze, because with patience we shall see them disappear. Time changes everything."
St. Vincent de Paul 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/06 20:52:40 (permalink)
You do agree that everything that I noted was at one point a talking point of the culties. Not just mentions either, but ideas that got National attention and Trump was asked of most if not all. Many other ridiculous things like a stolen election and attempted insurrection.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/07 09:28:05 (permalink)
Well truth be told although I accept the results of the election I’m still somewhat skeptical 🤔 that there wasn’t some shenanigans going on. As far as the protest/insurrection on January 6, it got completely out of hand. I am 💯 % against such actions. If people are going to make a statement or protest something, do it in a peaceful manner . It’s a shame that an unarmed woman was killed in the Capital during the going’s on that day.

St. Vincent de Paul 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/07 09:49:54 (permalink)
I think there is some sort of shenanigans going on in every election.  Although on a scale that doesn't effect the outcome.  Only once in the modern history of the US, has there been one state close enough to really decide an election.  Even then, it was proven that the election was not "stolen".  As soon as that recount was determined, the loser conceded to the true winner of the election.  What is still going on with our latest election, going on air this weekend and claiming "stolen" again, is the most unpatriotic and treasonous display that I have ever witnessed.

With the rough start of Biden (to be nice), this would typically be a runaway for the GOP.  If Trump or anyone else complicit in his treasonous act is nominated, we are looking at 4 more years of creepy Uncle Joe.  The average American voter will not forgive and forget treason.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/07 11:45:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby genieman77 2021/09/07 19:49:24
I just wish that we could put the past election behind us. What’s done is done. Ya can’t unring a bell. I try and remember the Serenity prayer.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot charge, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

St. Vincent de Paul 
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/07 12:47:24 (permalink)
https://m.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/israeli-experts-analyze-if-mrna-covid-vaccines-be-dangerous-in-long-term-678171

From the article:

“However, Tal Brosh, head of the Infectious Disease Unit at Samson Assuta Ashdod University Hospital, told The Jerusalem Post that while he cannot claim to know what is going to happen in 10 years, “there is no true reason to think there are any significant long-term effects” of the vaccine.
He explained that there is no other vaccine that was evaluated for a decade before approval and that there is not an example of another vaccine – although no other vaccine is an mRNA vaccine – that has been linked to any significant long-term effects.“

“There is no evidence of something happening unless it happened in the first two hours, two weeks or two months,” said Michal Linial, a professor of biological chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. “We do not know of any other examples in which the immune system decided to suddenly react to a vaccine that was given 15 years prior.”
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2391
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/07 20:19:11 (permalink)
any members here die of covid?
anyone lost a "close" family member?

whole famdamly had it here.
Daughter, DingDong (her hubby) our son, all fit and healthy in their mid/late  30s, my wife and I all got it last month.

Kicked DingDong's azz for about 5 days and  wife had the roughest time of it for  two weeks before any improvement  .
I was the last to get it and was  little to nothing for me.
Tired for a day or two, developed a minor sniffle and  lost taste 'n smell

I'm sure I had no lung problems due to my regimen of two packs a day for 50 years.
.....The bUg couldn't live in the La Brea tar pits that is my lungs.

..L.T.A.

bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/08 10:04:13 (permalink)
genieman77

Daughter, DingDong (her hubby) our son, all fit and healthy in their mid/late  30s, my wife and I all got it last month.

Kicked DingDong's azz for about 5 days and  wife had the roughest time of it for  two weeks before any improvement  .

I'm sure I had no lung problems due to my regimen of two packs a day for 50 years.

..L.T.A.

Not that it's any of my business but was wondering if any of you were vaccinated?
Good to hear you all pulled through.
A few people I knew, both in law enforcement died from COVID.  Also a retired local preachers wife passed away from it. I forgot about a guy I used to work with. He and his wife both caught COVID. She survived he didn’t. He was 70 years old.
post edited by bigfoot - 2021/09/08 12:10:43

St. Vincent de Paul 
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2921
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/08 10:34:27 (permalink)
genieman77

..L.T.A.

Nobody in my family has passed and none of my extended family...parents, aunts, uncles even got it.  They all quarantined and then got vaccinated.  My kids and wife had it and gave it to me...it sucked for about 10 days.  Some people in my small town passed.  All of them were older and I'm assuming had underlying conditions.  Some younger people (50's) in the neighboring towns passed that I know of.  

genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2391
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/08 10:36:15 (permalink)
no vax, BigFoot 

not an anti-vaxer, just  a fatalistic  philosophy of life kind of guy.

My position is and always has been, I'll either get it or not
If I get it I'll either get over it or die 

Kids and wife make their own decisions

none of us died 

..L.T.A.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/08 10:57:23 (permalink)
genieman77

I’ve not had any immediate family members die. It’s possible that extended family did but I am not aware of it.

Among co-workers, friends, acquaintances, family members… at this point I know dozens of people that caught covid, some before the vaccines were available, and some after.

Anecdotally speaking, I’d say most of the people that caught it before the vaccines were available (or caught it afterwards but were unvaxxed) had a much tougher time with it compared to the people that were vaxxed and caught breakthrough cases. In fact I actually can’t think of a single person I know that caught a breakthrough case that had a difficult time with it, whereas unvaccinated cases were all over the map as far as severity, and a couple were pretty bad.

I’ve only known one person that died. He wasn’t a close friend, but he was a long time acquaintance from the pittsburgh music scene. He was not vaccinated because he caught it right around the time the vaccines were rolling out and wasn’t able to get it in time. He died early in may.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2814
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/08 13:19:50 (permalink)
A longtime friend's wife passed due to Covid, she was 53. Also a kid I knew from back in tha day, distant cousin we always said, he was 51.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2021/09/10 17:48:08
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/10 10:35:44 (permalink)
Most charts that I have checked, seem to show the US on the downward of infections.  Seems to be at the peak for hospitalizations and still needing to peak on deaths.  Unfortunately, it appears that PA hasn't peaked yet on infections, which the others follow.  Hopefully by the end of September, things will calm down and back to at least a sense of normal until the next spike...

I read a great article the other day on my phone and can't find it.  I'll post if I can.  Talking about how we are handling Covid with better indoor air quality measures.  Buildings are using higher rated filters (adding bigger blowers to make happen), adding more outdoor air in their systems and other techniques.  This may very well end up being a "revolution" of public health with airborne infections.  Much like when drinking water and waste water was separated and treated.  Influenza and the common cold, could very well be minimized like cholera and other waterborne illnesses.  I remember in spring of last year, there was some MIT or other highly respected university professor was on the news (not sure what channel, most likely WTAE/ABC), showing how much using a box fan with a HEPA filter duct taped to it, supposedly would make indoor spaces much safer...  They had the figures, but can't recall how effective.  I also saw similar about how teachers should set up classrooms with similar, avoiding putting kids line with the fan, but making similar to outdoor.  It only really works if you can open a window though.  It would be insane if we have lived with influenza and other for generations, to find out that it could be limited by a box fan and filter...  I highly doubt that will be the case, but I could very well see building codes requiring higher ratings on indoor air quality, which will most likely lower the rate of airborne viruses.

For those that want to "build your immune system", do you drink from your toilet?  Why not?
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/11 10:38:03 (permalink)
9/11
  NEVER FORGET
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2965
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/13 12:24:38 (permalink)
What the heck is the deal with the third or booster shot ??
Coupla weeks ago Biden announced we need one and it would be starting in early Sept.
Then a couple of top people at CDC quit over Bidens declaration.
Now the CDC is saying they "may" come out with guidelines around Sept 20 even though Biden had said we could get it now.
Seems Medical professionals are waiting on the CDC 

Just when I thought I was OK with the info we were getting.
Now politics and professionals are bouncing all over the place. correcting each other with our lives in the balance.
NOT a good way instill any faith in the system IMHO

I shoulda known better than to listen to Biden w/o some professionals involved in the first place---
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/09/13 12:29:43
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/13 12:54:38 (permalink)
Seems like every politician needs the STFU, when it comes to covid.  Have the head of the covid taskforce do the talking.  Your job as a politician is to cut the amount of red tape.  That is it.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 386
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/13 15:04:49 (permalink)
r3g3
What the heck is the deal with the third or booster shot ??
Coupla weeks ago Biden announced we need one and it would be starting in early Sept.
Then a couple of top people at CDC quit over Bidens declaration.

They (Marion Grueber and Philip Krause) were at the top of the FDA's vaccine division, and they published an opinion piece today in The Lancet along with 16 colleagues: https://www.thelancet.com/pb-assets/Lancet/pdfs/S0140673621020468.pdf

You should read it and see what they say about boosters and a little bit about the vaccine in general.  

Israel is now onto giving a 4th shot.  Makes me wonder when people in the US will be fired because they are no longer considered "fully vaccinated," if they don't get a 4th, 10th, or monthly shot.  

post edited by snagr - 2021/09/13 15:08:36
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 411
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/14 20:29:43 (permalink)
genieman77

..L.T.A.

Mom had it, has long term lung damage, and asthma. She has to use an inhaler 2x a day, morning and night, and also has an emergency inhaler. Has trouble going up 20+ stairs. Docs don't know if she'll recover from it fully or what at this time. 

Dad had it, got the Regeneron Cocktail that Trump had gotten. He's super high risk, and was able to overcome it pretty easily with the drugs he received. 
2 of my sisters had it. Both with intense flu like symptoms for a week or so. Both are fine now. 

Had 2 people from my work pass away from it. Both in my department, but I work for a Global company so they were remote. One lived in England, other in South Carolina I believe. Good folks. 

But like others, I've lost count of how many people I know who have either had it and kicked it, or had it and took a while to fight it off. Luckily, I haven't had to experience any of my close family members dying from it. Most are unvaccinated as a personal choice, even after seeing the long term effects it can potentially have.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/14 21:18:33 (permalink)
OOOOps- had CDC and FDA mixed up in my last--sorry  for any confusion
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/15 07:00:49 (permalink)
Another bug is going around our schools. Ends up being almost as disruptive for kids as Covid. Show any sort of symptoms, get sent home and have to get a negative on the lab test to go back to school. At least not quarantining every kid that happened to come in contact with that kid.

I guess it is good to see kids getting common colds again. But going to be another year of semi learning if kids have to be out of class 3 days for sniffles that typically would have maybe missed one day, if any.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/15 08:46:38 (permalink)
Darn if they would just wear 2 masks!!! wear rubber gloves,not participate in any sports they would be fine!
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2921
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/15 09:06:24 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Darn if they would just wear 2 masks!!! wear rubber gloves,not participate in any sports they would be fine!

That's not a helpful statement.  The struggle is real.  Kids and school districts are working real hard to make it all happen for kids and adults in a safe manner. It's easy to sit back and make snide comments when people are in life and death situations.  Who is responsible when it's a parent or administrator's decision to send a sick kid to school, keep a sick kid in school etc...when that person might expose someone high risk to this disease and they might die? 

If my kid is sick but vaccinated and I know they have covid should I send them to school knowing they will/could expose a child recovering from cancer to the virus?  Should the cancer survivor's parents keep them locked up?  What should the district do?  My child also has teachers with diabetes, heart conditions etc...it's all so easy to figure out until you're faced with the actual decision and that decision might be life and death for someone. 

Maybe we should just all do what we can through PPE and vaccinations to help each other out and get through this 
CTKsnowman
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: Coronavirus opinions 2021/09/15 09:41:53 (permalink)
Wow, this thread looks fun....

14' Sea Nymph 'Fishing Machine'
21' Starcraft 'Mariner' 

Page: << < ..106107108109110.. > >> Showing page 106 of 112
Jump to: