Helpful ReplyEverything we know and loved .......

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
GilliganJR
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 298
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 10:12:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2019/11/08 15:27:52
My War- don't bring facts/figures into this argument.
BTDT will only call you a troll or a liar.  remember, he's seen it all.  he was there when fracking caused orange water.  

also theres a trump thread?  jfc, who would actually comment on a trump thread on a dying regional fishing forum?  oh..  

i'll log out now for a few more months.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 11:14:26 (permalink)
OMG MyWar you are soooo paranoid and just as naive.

Newspapers and such are printed to "make money". Reporters write articles to "make money". No story, "no money", no newspaper,...... end of story.

Now there's pollution that really need be controlled. Polluting the minds of the paranoid and naive.

Seeing how you mentioned Wolf and the gas industry. Wolf ain't in any trouble by "not" preventing or caring about pollution.

Wolf is in deep 💩 because he promised big money to the teachers unions based on tax imposed at the gas wellhead.

Ooooopsy, those wells gotta flow to produce that tax and the industry says that's a no go.

So Wolf, trying to pull a fast one on the paranoid & naive, raises gasoline taxes making PA one of the top taxed states in America.

Now for this "8" month study.... if the reported situation is so critical, the pollution soooo obvious..... why "8" months to expose it?

WHY..... Because newspapers & reporters know they can "look up a dead horses asz" and find "something" (anything) to paint a boogeyman to enhance publication. It just takes time for the paint to dry. Period.

I pointed out this "will print anything syndrome", when I referenced other studies conducted on the very same river. Then you chive in with your "word of the day" trying to intimidate me in your all too familiar, condesending way.

From then on it was lecturing me on "reading" the complete article followed by more demeaning remarks and bringing my children & "if, I have any grandchildren" into the conversation.

By your very words MyWar, you assume all who have posted in response to the first "2" links posted, we don't care about our enviroment, our children, or other people.

You base your assumption on what we wrote, many times attempting to twist the story to fit your narrative.

In your rant you accused others on this board of "not reading". To that I say "practice what you preach" or even better learn to read.

Some sound advice..... there ain't a boogeyman hiding under every bridge. But when one can be created, they do increase ratings and sales for newspapers and wanna be reporters. Hell it would be nice if the reporters looked under bridges instead "up a dead horses asz". Reporters might actually see........ ha haaa, yeah right!

Last but not least, unless you live in a mud hut, with no lighting or heat, eating all natural food..... you're a bigot as well as a liar.

But just to show ya what type of guy I am, I'd like to wish you success in your future fishing. Must be sumpthin special being able to fish from a canoe made from a hollowed out log, using a tree branch for rod, tied to organic string woven from natural fiber.

Oh yeah, those shiners you use at Wilhelm, are they attached to a hook made from bone or stone?

I ain't even gonna ask, how the hell ya get to Wilhelm.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 11:22:05 (permalink)
GilliganJR
My War- don't bring facts/figures into this argument.
BTDT will only call you a troll or a liar.  remember, he's seen it all.  he was there when fracking caused orange water.  

also theres a trump thread?  jfc, who would actually comment on a trump thread on a dying regional fishing forum?  oh..  

i'll log out now for a few more months.  

Thanks for the flowers Gilligan I really appreciate you taking your precious time posting the "attaboy" on a dying regional fishing forum?

One correction though..... I'm not calling MyWar a liar and a troll but pointing out why MyWar "is" a liar and a troll. Oh yeah a bigot too.

Good to hear from ya, don't stay away so long.

PS. For a guy who finds this a dying forum and claims to stay away so long, you sure know a lot about the other forums. hmmm 🤔
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/08 12:00:01

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9685
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 11:35:39 (permalink)
2013 transportation bill that raised the gasoline tax, was Corbett's bill.  Wolf went back on his campaign promise to repeal it, and now defends it.  Typical 2 party politician and typical 2 party tunnel vision trying to pin on one or the other.  They are both crooks.  And yes, Corbett bend PA residents over prison style, and let the natural gas industry plow away.  Wolf doesn't mind the prison style bending over, as long as there is some perceived reach around.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 11:57:07 (permalink)
Pork any mention in your source of information where excess taxes go at the end of the fiscal year and how the tranfer came about. I can't remember, before or after Wolf. Dam old timers, probably brought on by drinking the water.

P.S. "reach around".... kinda kinky neighbor.😊
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/08 12:36:42

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 14:10:11 (permalink)
I heard that "every" gas well in Mercer County has been shut down for months because of low prices of natural gas ....and they will not reopen wells till prices increase ....whenever that might be ....nice controlling prices so you can gouge customers later. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 15:44:19 (permalink)
From my understanding of the bill/tax, it was a tax levied on the oil companies by volume, and believe increased over time, which in turn passed it along to us.  Supposed to pay for transportation infrastructure, which we were in pretty heavy need of.  I doubt there is a section on excess taxes (like government ever has a section on excess taxes???).  I doubt we will ever catch up to how much money is needed for improving transportation infrastructure in PA.  We have some of the worst terrain/climate in the country to build roads/bridges/tunnels, and none of those things are getting cheaper.  Most are well past their life expectancy.  So, it was definitely something that needed to happen.  Wolf, like any good Democrat, ran on issues that sound great to many voters.  But when push comes to shove, either too much outside interest to change things or just no attractive way to make up the tax revenue that were in place.  In this case, I would say no good alternative for the badly needed infrastructure funding.

I don't know all of the details of the tax or bill, but is in a collection system that I strongly agree with.  Not that I like taxes, but a necessary evil if we want roads, to take us fishing and other less important things...  When you tax gasoline, the vast majority of that is going to vehicles that either use that fuel or transporting recreation vehicles that use that fuel.  About as close to a consumption tax as you can get, and funds supposed to be used for something related.  I am not dumb enough to think all funds go to something related, but I am hopeful that most do.  

You and a few others are by far the experts on commercial logistics, so I am not sure how they handle the big rigs with this fuel surcharge?  I would assume they could fill their tanks in OH and NJ to avoid this fee.  I would assume that PA does something at the weigh stations to make sure the big rigs aren't bypassing this tax?

This is the same reason that I support taxing the gas industry.  Which, Corbett seemed like he would have supported as well, if not so deeply financially (OWNED) by the industry.  It is a consumption based tax, that may end up making our home heating a bit higher, but also makes NJ, OH, NY, VA, WV, etc. heating higher.  The state will collect and hopefully not look at raising income tax, property tax or other tax that is only paid by PA residents.  Have it partially pay for infrastructure, which the industry is definitely using.  Have it also fund any emergency cleanup or other industry related issues.  And like any other natural resource producing state, that actually tax, have a portion go to the general fund and others to help.  Maybe even give a Pennsylvania Permanent Fund (see Alaska).

post edited by Porktown - 2019/11/08 15:47:19
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 15:56:10 (permalink)
On a side note.  Some communities are seeing some very good things from drilling funds, paid to the local governments.  I am well aware of the Cannon Mac cancer cluster, but they have one heck of a sports facility that the gas industry supposedly paid for (South Strabane Community Park).  I am sure none dealing with illness related to drilling would agree that it is a good exchange.

This definitely goes to the meat of this thread though.  If done responsibly, then drill.  If it means it is more expensive, oh well.  We don't need kids being killed by their drinking water or loss of fishing spots, for slightly cheaper gas or a community park.  If it means that it is too expensive at current rates to drill, then come back when it is cost effective.  It isn't going anywhere.  Greed would never allow that though.

https://www.southstrabane.com/parks-recreation/slideshows/community-park
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 16:10:22 (permalink)
Pork I'll drink to that. Salute.

Right also with the buy fuel in Ohio. Hell I buy all my gasoline across the line. 30 cent a gal difference. Part of the reason I relocated where I did.

Anyway enough with the politics thanks for your response to my question.

EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 19:10:50 (permalink)
MyWar
 He screwed the gas boom up so badly that he couldn't get elected to a second term in the Republican friendly state of PA while the gas companies were propping him up to the tune $1,148,351 for his re-election campaign

You're calling Pennsylvania a Republican friendly state? Now I know your talkin' through your azz 'cause your mouth knows better. Pennsylvanians love their Democrats, they love the high taxes and theunprecedented spending. That's why they keep electing democrats.And don't forget that Rendell left Corbett and the legislature with a $4.3 billion dollar deficit.

MyWar
Ah the old conservative chestnut "jobs". So the choice is either: (1) no jobs or (2) radioactive drinking water? You are saying that we simply can't we hold legislators and the gas industry and the DEP accountable "because jobs"? I call bullshiit on that.

I'm not sayin' that at all. You're sayin' that. Read my post again. Where did I say I'd take jobs over radioactive water? You're lying! You're just too much for me. Can't listen to, or should I say can't read your BS any longer. Gonna have to block you. Have a good one, Leftie!

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1938
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 19:26:10 (permalink)
Porktown
This definitely goes to the meat of this thread though.  If done responsibly, then drill.  If it means it is more expensive, oh well.  

On its surface, this seems to be a reasonable position. I'd prefer a ban on fracking, but the genie is probably never going back in the bottle, so proper oversight and management is realistically the best we can hope for.

Is it being done responsibly though? I think the answer is a resounding NO.

Porktown
On a side note.  Some communities are seeing some very good things from drilling funds, paid to the local governments.  I am well aware of the Cannon Mac cancer cluster, but they have one heck of a sports facility that the gas industry supposedly paid for (South Strabane Community Park).  I am sure none dealing with illness related to drilling would agree that it is a good exchange.

Its kind of repulsive, the way the industry tries to buy off the communities which are directly affecting by drilling. But the Public Herald article brings up a more troubling possibility, which is that communities very far from the gas wells can be impacted.

In the original article there is a map that shows the landfills and the wastewater treatment plants investigated by the authors. Pull up the map, and consider drilling activity in/around the city of Washington or south strabane township. TENORM from those wells is going to the landfills identified by the black dots on the map. There is one such landfill right off I-70 near Belle Vernon, which would be a convenient haul from south strabane. So then toxic leachate from that landfill goes to one of the wastewater treatment plants identified by red dots on the map, the nearest one being in Charleroi. That leachate is then treated and any industrial toxins that can not be removed by conventional wastewater treatment methods are discharged directly into the monongahela, which in turn affects every community downstream: Monessen, New Eagle, Elizabeth, Clairton, etc... So a ball field in south strabane isn't much consolation to the people in say, Donora, that have toxic chemicals in their water.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 19:39:34 (permalink)
EMitch
You're calling Pennsylvania a Republican friendly state? Now I know your talkin' through your azz 'cause your mouth knows better. Pennsylvanians love their Democrats, they love the high taxes and theunprecedented spending. That's why they keep electing democrats.And don't forget that Rendell left Corbett and the legislature with a $4.3 billion dollar deficit.

The PA Senate currently has a 28 to 22 Republican majority, the PA House has a 110 to 93 Republican majority. Smaller municipal governments outside of the population centers are generally controlled by Republicans as well. Its very much a microcosm of the entire country where democratic voters are concentrated in the cities and republicans control the vast geographic rural areas. 

EMitch
I'm not sayin' that at all. You're sayin' that. Read my post again. Where did I say I'd take jobs over radioactive water? You're lying! You're just too much for me. Can't listen to, or should I say can't read your BS any longer. Gonna have to block you. Have a good one, Leftie!

Well you can take this opportunity to clarify your position. Or you can call me names and then take your toys and go home. Your call.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 20:15:41 (permalink)
I guess he told you emitch. 😜

Emitch in your defense, PA does carry higher Democrat registration.

What MyWar doesn't want to admit is the democrat voters are finally wising up and voting republican.

Personally I don't think MyWars agenda for coming to this forum is for anything but search and destroy.

He outright lied about his joining date, said he stayed mainly with the north & south fishing boards yet never posted a single word regarding fishing (until questioned),
he obviously does not practice what he preaches, and I've yet to find any of the links he post to provide hard core fact.

Posting links to reports and/or articles that say could, might, probable, maybe, have been known to, science indicates and my favorite; found to be, (usually by some little known, self proclaimed health organization) "is" a sign of a troll on a search & destroy mission.

Using stats like "sudden increases in cancer or other illness that's based only on speculation, is yet another sign of search & destroy.

Rebuttals such as "more jobs/more radio active water" is another sign of a troll with no purpose but to search & destroy.

Getting personal, talking in a condesending fashion, belittling/ shaming your opposition is a difinite sign of a loser, searching to destroy.

I know these things. 🤗
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/08 22:00:23

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 21:00:40 (permalink)
MyWar
Its very much a microcosm of the entire country where democratic voters are concentrated in the cities and republicans control the vast geographic rural areas. 

Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.  Alabama in between.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/08 22:07:35 (permalink)
Bloomberg is headed to Alabama. Be interesting to see what Alabamans think about Goofy Bloomberg taking their guns.

🤔Big Gulps Too 😯

EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 05:56:52 (permalink)
It is the huge population centers in Pa. that account for the Democrat control of the state. Pittsburgh, Philly, Harrisburg, and Scranton are all dominant democrat registered. You can scream all you want to about the gas tax in Pa., and it was actually raised under the Corbett administration, but there were reasons. Facing a $4.3 billion dollar deficit, something had to be done to start catching up. It wasn't just the fuel tax that went up. All of the automotive licensing fees went up, some by nearly 50%. Your car used to cost $24, now it's $39. My half-ton pickup went from $52 to $89, and if you have a 3/4 ton licensed from 7000 lbs. to 9000 lbs, it's now $185. And the second highest gasoline tax in the country really hurts those who can least afford it, namely the working poor drivin' a 10 to 15 year old gas hog to get to their menial job. It ain't easy spending 20% or 25% of your paycheck, (before taxes), just for gas to get to work.
And why is it that every politician promises to increase funding for education? Nobody's gettin' educated except the tax payer knowin' they're takin' it up the wazoo. It is a proven fact throughout the country that the more we spend on education, the dumber our kids get. Increased funding for education simply means increased funding for the teachers union.
I will, however, agree with one thing about the drillin' and frackin'. The gas companies should have paid a tax (before actually drilling) on each and every well, even if it turned out to be a dead hole. And the gas company should also pay a tax by cubic feet for all the gas pumped out of those wells. Since Pennsylvania belongs to the citizens, you simply cannot let these companies ravage and exploit the Commonwealths' natural resources without giving something back to the state.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Sujie
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 06:27:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CAPTAIN HOOK 2019/11/09 08:09:11
BeenThereDoneThat.
OMG MyWar you are soooo paranoid and just as naive.

Newspapers and such are printed to "make money". Reporters write articles to "make money". No story, "no money", no newspaper,...... end of story.

Now there's pollution that really need be controlled. Polluting the minds of the paranoid and naive.

WHY..... Because newspapers & reporters know they can "look up a dead horses asz" and find "something" (anything) to paint a boogeyman to enhance publication. It just takes time for the paint to dry. Period.

I pointed out this "will print anything syndrome", when I referenced other studies conducted on the very same river. Then you chive in with your "word of the day" trying to intimidate me in your all too familiar, condesending way.

From then on it was lecturing me on "reading" the complete article followed by more demeaning remarks and bringing my children & "if, I have any grandchildren" into the conversation.

Some sound advice..... there ain't a boogeyman hiding under every bridge. But when one can be created, they do increase ratings and sales for newspapers and wanna be reporters. Hell it would be nice if the reporters looked under bridges instead "up a dead horses asz". Reporters might actually see........ ha haaa, yeah right!

Last but not least, unless you live in a mud hut, with no lighting or heat, eating all natural food..... you're a bigot as well as a liar.

But just to show ya what type of guy I am, I'd like to wish you success in your future fishing. Must be sumpthin special being able to fish from a canoe made from a hollowed out log, using a tree branch for rod, tied to organic string woven from natural fiber.

Oh yeah, those shiners you use at Wilhelm, are they attached to a hook made from bone or stone?

I ain't even gonna ask, how the hell ya get to Wilhelm.

BTDT nice "discussion". 
A few thoughts ....... reporters report "news" because that's their job, you know, to make money. If there were no reporters reporting toxic waste dumping in the rivers by manufacturing companies, how would we know? Imagine this scenario; Company president/CEO appears on the news saying something like "Well, we dumped 300 million gallons of toxic waste into the river this month because it was cheaper than doing what those crazy environmentalists wanted us to do. I hope everyone's ok with that."
Reporters report news, bakers bake bread, car salesmen sell cars, etc. Everybody does something to make money. Reporters report good news also. They don't report their opinion, they report facts. It seems that when they report something that you disagree with, (and why would you disagree when they report someone breaking the law?) you start to deride them, just like you've been deriding MyWar for whatever reason. if everyone agreed on something we wouldn't have a need for a "discussion".
And where does calling him a "bigot" fit in? Did I miss something?
Jay
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 10:24:32 (permalink)
Are we done yet or could we please move this to another forum? I’m a staunch Conservative and registered Republican. I have found dealing with the Progressive leaning individuals is a total waste of my time. Excuses, blames and closed minded. I’m new here but I see this is a reflection of just about everywhere. Oh well life goes on.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 11:21:44 (permalink)
100 % agreed Sujie we need to be informed, but we need investigative journalist reporting facts.

When I hear "could be, might be, probably will be, etc.", I'm hearing opinion. Every person should be allowed their personal opinion, but write it as just that, a personal opinion.

I see reporters using personal opinion as a means to build their (for lack of a better word) boogeyman. I see the reason for the boogeyman as a sole purpose to sell news papers. I see todays newspapers as being no better than tabloids, at the checkout counter in your local Walmart.

I liken, the boogeyman as "crying wolf" which as we know, eventually falls on death ears. I also associate a boogeyman to "reporters" and not "investigative journalist".

I see reporters as the "carnival cryer" and I see "investigative journalist" as journalist.

I've pointed out what I see with MyWar. You can be the judge as to wheather it's fact or just my opinion. I will defend myself in saying I based my opinion on facts.

Facts like, providing false information regarding his activity on FishUSA. Responding in condesending tones along with using "word of the day" to intimidate the intellect of his opposition. Hell, MyWar goes as far as telling me, I'm lying about the point, I'm trying to make. Then we have that little trick of tossing in those little demeaning phrases hiding under a false guise like "what about the children".

Why a bigot you ask, I'll certainly stand corrected if it's not fact that, MyWar benefits (everyday) in some way, shape, or form from the oil & gas industry he paints, as the boogeyman.

Here's the deal, like my political fan club, MyWar knows nothing about me but he is certainly welcome to his opinion. Just don't alter my words when quoting me or tell me what my intensions are, when I reference or make a point by presenting true situations. (I think I know what I ment🤔)

Also MyWar absolutely refuses to accept reasoning, with his rebutals providing false or half truth info to back his stance then, when still proven wrong, turns to insults and shaming.

Haa ha, I can hear it now, that's what I'm doing and of course my defence (or is that defense) will be no, I'm providing fact for my opinion.

In closing, I wish to say, I'm not looking for a fight or to deny any industry need be watched to prevent pollution.

Mentioning the days of past wasn't to talk about "orange water".

My point is, over the years, many agency's have either been formed, reorganised, and trained to serve as watchdogs. In addition, since those days, no longer does the pollution I witnessed exist.

Each of the agency's have a separate role to play in the prevention of pollution.

But hell, that was only orange water. Which by the way still exist and produced by shallow gas and oil wells. From which comes gasoline, heat and light, in addition to plastic (gee where is that stuff used🤔)

But let's stick to the radio active stuff, as it makes for such a much better boogeyman.

I refered to one such agency that actually overstepped it's bounds by doing an extensive study of the Susquehanna in search for the cause of "the morphing bass".

A study that suspected sewage treatment plants along the river. A study so extensive it included assistance from both state and local agency's as well as PA university's.

I believe the original topic of discussion for this forum was about polluting the Susquehanna with radio active material, processed through sewage treatment plants?

Reports from the PFBC study indicated the morphing bass may be due too the inefficiency of sewage treatment plants as well. One such report mentioned hormones produced from birth control meds, entering the river through these plants, as being suspect.

Note to fan club:

It's right in the reports of the study and easy enough to prove, just make it worth my time, what do you want to lose?

Hmmm... sorry, but when opportunity knocks, who doesn't take advantage to make a few bucks. Even if it is by painting, a boogeyman.

Never did I see, in reports I read from this study, radio active pollution being a concern.

However...I'll stand corrected.

The bass issue, a virus.

Anyways, Sujie thanks for asking and yes I too enjoy the discussion now only if I could learn to ignore the likes of MyWar...... NOT!🤗
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/09 11:28:50

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 11:27:24 (permalink)
JayD
Are we done yet or could we please move this to another forum? I’m a staunch Conservative and registered Republican. 

Is this some kind of a joke? If a liberal were to say something like this, conservatives would blast them for being snowflakes who need safe spaces. 

I'm sorry that you are uncomfortable because your views are being challenged, but the topic seems totally appropriate. The impact of industry on our fisheries is something we should be thinking about.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 11:30:24 (permalink)
MyWar
JayD
Are we done yet or could we please move this to another forum? I’m a staunch Conservative and registered Republican. 

Is this some kind of a joke? If a liberal were to say something like this, conservatives would blast them for being snowflakes who need safe spaces. 

I'm sorry that you are uncomfortable because your views are being challenged, but the topic seems totally appropriate. The impact of industry on our fisheries is something we should be thinking about.

I rest my case.

Hey Jay.... welcome aboard.👍

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 11:49:06 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
100 % agreed Sujie we need to be informed, but we need investigative journalist reporting facts.

See, this is why I have pretty much stopped reading your posts and replying to you.

The article which started this thread is actually a great example of investigative journalism. They investigated the topic for months, reviewed DEP data, researched regulations, interviewed officials, all of their data is cited... And you still haven't managed to provide a single reason to back up your claims that the article is inaccurate.

This is what happens when people get stuck in media bubbles and echo chambers. They lose the ability to think critically, and they lose the ability to consider alternative viewpoints.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 11:50:14 (permalink)
MyWar
BeenThereDoneThat.

See, this is why I have pretty much stopped reading your posts and replying to you.

The article which started this thread is actually a great example of investigative journalism. They investigated the topic for months, reviewed DEP data, researched regulations, interviewed officials, all of their data is cited... And you still haven't managed to provide a single reason to back up your claims that the article is inaccurate.

This is what happens when people get stuck in media bubbles and echo chambers. They lose the ability to think critically, and they lose the ability to consider alternative viewpoints.

Gosh I love it when I'm right......

CASE CLOSED
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/11/09 11:54:12

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 12:08:52 (permalink)
EMitch
It is a proven fact throughout the country that the more we spend on education, the dumber our kids get

This is getting off topic... but this is a "fact"? Can you cite a source?

EMitch
I will, however, agree with one thing about the drillin' and frackin'. The gas companies should have paid a tax (before actually drilling) on each and every well, even if it turned out to be a dead hole. And the gas company should also pay a tax by cubic feet for all the gas pumped out of those wells. Since Pennsylvania belongs to the citizens, you simply cannot let these companies ravage and exploit the Commonwealths' natural resources without giving something back to the state.

PA currently has an "impact fee" which is assessed when the well is drilled (passed by Corbett). Wolf has been trying to get such a "severance tax" passed since the day he took office, which would actually be a tax on production. PA is the only state where there is significant drilling that does not assess a severance tax. Republicans in the state legislature are the ones that have blocked the severance tax again and again. You oughtta look up your state senator and state house rep's position on this issue. If they are Republicans then they are the reason why the severance tax hasn't been passed. They are the reason why gas companies are ravaging and exploiting our natural resources.
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 466
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 14:06:22 (permalink)
Certainty and repetition turns opinions into facts. I know this is true.
Meatball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 527
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 16:04:16 (permalink)
JayD
Are we done yet or could we please move this to another forum?

Oh come on Jay, ain't nuttin like a good old argument. Enjoy it or don't click on it.

"I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up, that is the best they are going to feel all day"
                 -- Frank Sinatra
Meatball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 527
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 16:06:24 (permalink)
Same with you Gilligan, don't let the door hit ya....lmao

"I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up, that is the best they are going to feel all day"
                 -- Frank Sinatra
Jay
New Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 16:40:11 (permalink)
MyWar
JayD

Proof! I believe you are just out looking for arguments!
post edited by Jay - 2019/11/09 17:25:00
Jay
New Angler
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 16:43:11 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
MyWar
JayD

I rest my case.

Hey Jay.... welcome aboard.👍

Thanks BTDT!
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 466
Re: Everything we know and loved ....... 2019/11/09 17:17:50 (permalink)
JayD
MyWar
JayD

Proof! You are an idiot!

Maybe give this a read:

https://forums.fishusa.co...=527490&p=1#527490
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to: