Lake Wilhelm

Author
DrewB
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points: 0
2019/05/27 02:45:36 (permalink)

Lake Wilhelm

Conditions for bass at lake wilhelm, I’m heading there this coming Tuesday for my first time, any pointers would help, thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

graveydavey
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 158
    Re: Lake Wilhelm 2019/05/27 10:47:03 (permalink)
    It's a great lake for Bass !!
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Lake Wilhelm 2019/05/27 10:54:46 (permalink)
    I"ll stand corrected but I'm guessing conditions likely to be "post spawn". Water temps will tell that story.

Artificial baits will be the same as anywhere else. Spinners, buzz, worms and jigs. Stick, jerk, surface and diving.

Colors... hmmmmm, well now, that certainly is "a horse of a different color" (geez, that was bad).

Anyways, jigs-n-pigs in blue black; worms in motor oil; blade baits (water clarity and style of blade); surface lures (including buzz) I match the sky.

My 'go to bait' is Jig-n-Pigs followed by the plastic worm rigged "Texas Style".

My go to surface lure is the "buzz bait" having a skirt that matches the sky. Size matters so have a few of each. Four blade VS three blade is not a concern but leave the "clackers" back at the bait shop. Last but not least "DO NOT FORGET" the stinger.

Speaking of surface lures, don't forget "the golden rule" for a 'witnessed strike'...... "count to one before setting the hook".

Good times & tight lines.

Happy Memorial Day and NEVER FORGET those who give us our freedom to fish.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Jump to: