Pa.Youth Trout day is a sucess !

Author
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
  • Reward points: 0
2019/04/09 16:11:22 (permalink)

Pa.Youth Trout day is a sucess !

Well the youth mentor Trout day in Pa. looked to be a great success. Accompanied my grandson and son to Buhl Park, Lake Julia on Saturday . Lots of kids were catching rainbows fairly easy and all having fun. My grandson landed several and kept his two limit.  With the nice weather there was a good turnout of younger fishermen with parents and adults.

Hats off to the PFBC and Pa.Trout Unlimited Club of Mercer County for a job well done !  Congrats !

5 Replies Related Threads

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Pa.Youth Trout day is a sucess ! 2019/04/09 17:31:56 (permalink)
    aaaaaaaand today(for most) it was back to the phones and puters for more fun & games.

uhhhh, sorry Capt. I was sure I would "lose" this (PFBC) attitude, "somewhere" on my journey's. But hey, gives me a reason to try.. try.. again.

Seriously though, many congrats on the making of some wonderful memories fishing with grandpa.🍺🍺🍺

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    Re: Pa.Youth Trout day is a sucess ! 2019/04/09 18:39:02 (permalink)
    I'll second that Captain!  

Had both my boys (8 & 15) out on our local trout ditch 2 miles from home, with piles of 'em all to ourselves for hours on end.  The numbers they landed were ridiculous.  Power worms and salmon eggs on a size 16 hook for the younger one.  Only had to cut line on one deep hooked fish all day for him.  Buggers and squirmy worms at the end of the flea pole for the older one.  Those fish are gonna have some sore lips when the grown ups get their turn this Saturday.  I love mentored youth day with my boys, although it'll be the last one for the big boy.  

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Pa.Youth Trout day is a sucess ! 2019/04/09 19:45:11 (permalink)
    Where's them pics Dave? I know you have some...... many.😊

Congrats on another day of being a great dad.🍻🍻🍻

Was down past your place this past Sunday. Went to Apollo Camper World and purchased a satellite system to watch TV. Dam thing don't pull in no stations but its fun to sit and watch the stupid thing spin and move up and down looking for Sputnik.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/04/09 19:56:08

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    Re: Pa.Youth Trout day is a sucess ! 2019/04/10 07:52:27 (permalink)
    BeenThereDoneThat.

Was down past your place this past Sunday. Went to Apollo Camper World and purchased a satellite system to watch TV. Dam thing don't pull in no stations but its fun to sit and watch the stupid thing spin and move up and down looking for Sputnik.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

If you were on 356 coming south outta Butler (guessing that's the way you would have gone), you were within 1.5 miles of my house.  

Only got a pic or two with Andrew.  Catchin pellet heads is fun for them, but they don't get too excited about em anymore and ask for pics.  
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    Re: Pa.Youth Trout day is a sucess ! 2019/04/10 11:49:59 (permalink)
    rsquared

Only got a pic or two with Andrew. Β Catchin pellet heads is fun for them, but they don't get too excited about em anymore and ask for pics. Β 

I think that's pretty much the norm for catching pellet munchers. Just enough to break the 'cabin fever'.

'cause there's bigger and better things to fry like, Crappie, Perch, Walleye, I'll betcha.

Thought about calling but we headed to Ford City to find that Bev's sister wasn't home either. Guess I should of called. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜­
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/04/10 11:57:34

Jump to: