Author
Admin
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 310
  • Reward points: 0
2019/03/11 11:57:50 (permalink)

Fishing Report Contest

Hey guys,

Over the years, we have seen hundreds of people flock to the Fishing Reports section of FishErie each and every day looking for the conditions of their local streams/rivers/lakes.

As of lately, we have been looking for ways to encourage the FishUSA Forums community to post their own reports.

And that is why we have decided that over the course of the next 2 weeks, any user that submits an appropriate fishing report on FishErie will be entered for a chance to win an Okuma decal and hat package courtesy of FishUSA.

As a reminder, the FishUSA Forum’s Acceptable Use Policy applies to the fishing reports as well.

The winner will be picked on Monday, March 25, 2019 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time.

Good luck everyone and thank you in advance for contributing to FishErie.

We look forward to reading your reports!

11 Replies Related Threads

Hoaky
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/11 21:30:47 (permalink)
    Fished upper Elk this afternoon, water was a little high and stained but managed to hook 3 fish on minnow flies.water was receding as the afternoon went on and should be better conditions Tuesday.
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/12 13:05:46 (permalink)
    Hoaky
    Fished upper Elk this afternoon, water was a little high and stained but managed to hook 3 fish on minnow flies.water was receding as the afternoon went on and should be better conditions Tuesday.

Thanks for the report, Hoaky! If you could, could you please head over to the Fishing Report page of FishErie and post the report there?

Thanks again for contributing!
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/20 21:30:02 (permalink)
    Fished the PI bay 3-20-19..... Started at 8 AM,fished 4 spots till 1:30 pm. Zero bites.Water temps varied 37.5-39.5 degrees,fished 9.5 fow 8 fow 7 fow and 6 fow all over weed beds,all proven spots. Big goose egg... 1:30 returned to spot number one. Started to pick through a lot of small perch 8.5 -9 " fish kept a few,then some bigger fish arrived kept about an dozen or more 11-13" fish ended up with  close to a one man limit,son and I. Could have kept dinks , but why. 3 steelhead after 3:00 pm. There's a lot of steel in the bay. Don't get excited they where released....it's beginning and is no where near crunch time. I knew it was early and the water temps might be a little cold. But if you don't go you don't know...lol Next week will better. No bait shop had emerald,so we had to go with small golden shiners. I bought 4 dozen at the top of peninsula drive,Michael must have given us 12 dozen. Most fish hit minnows on a Jamming jigs neon tiger size 8,but BC bait "plastic Terry bug" took fish also. Pink was the color. The Tery bug is a 1" long split tail,very soft plastic,the fish hold on. I'll report next week. New boat was fine,trip went well. Usually first trip have a few hiccups but smooth sailing.
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/21 12:45:55 (permalink)
    Big Tuna
    Fished the PI bay 3-20-19..... Started at 8 AM,fished 4 spots till 1:30 pm. Zero bites.Water temps varied 37.5-39.5 degrees,fished 9.5 fow 8 fow 7 fow and 6 fow all over weed beds,all proven spots. Big goose egg... 1:30 returned to spot number one. Started to pick through a lot of small perch 8.5 -9 " fish kept a few,then some bigger fish arrived kept about an dozen or more 11-13" fish ended up with  close to a one man limit,son and I. Could have kept dinks , but why. 3 steelhead after 3:00 pm. There's a lot of steel in the bay. Don't get excited they where released....it's beginning and is no where near crunch time. I knew it was early and the water temps might be a little cold. But if you don't go you don't know...lol Next week will better. No bait shop had emerald,so we had to go with small golden shiners. I bought 4 dozen at the top of peninsula drive,Michael must have given us 12 dozen. Most fish hit minnows on a Jamming jigs neon tiger size 8,but BC bait "plastic Terry bug" took fish also. Pink was the color. The Tery bug is a 1" long split tail,very soft plastic,the fish hold on. I'll report next week. New boat was fine,trip went well. Usually first trip have a few hiccups but smooth sailing.

Thanks for the report Big Tuna! If you could, please head over to the Fishing Report section of FishErie.com and put your report there. We would really appreciate it! Again, thanks for your contribution and the report!
    Admin
    Administrator
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/25 11:46:41 (permalink)
    Congratulations to user Big Tuna on winning the Fishing Report Contest!

We will be in contact with you soon to get shipping information so we can get your prize pack to you!

Thank you to all who contributed.
    dakotab
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 358
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/25 13:47:57 (permalink)
    Again!  Again!
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2215
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/27 13:35:48 (permalink)
    Save yer money on shipping it to him, Big Tuna's prolly upere right now rippin perch lips!  Ship it to da bay!

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/27 22:14:07 (permalink)
    Thank you for the generous gifts,my son snagged one of the hats before I got a choice.....lol
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/27 22:25:20 (permalink)
    Heyyyyyy Tuna...... it don't count if there Ain't no pictures...... lmao

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/27 22:45:45 (permalink)
    My son and I planned on going to the bay today..... he over slept about 30 minutes so as we where heading up,I tried to convince him,to try Pymy... the perch reports are really not that great in the bay this year so far. Well after about 40 mile into our trip,he said ok.... I was really happy because I knew just where to go.....lol I kept about 12 dozen small golden shiners alive since last week and had plenty of grubs in the fridge.. We put in at Linesville around 8:00... short run maybe 1/2 mile,slipped into 5' fow. Drop two anchors down and the circus began..... Just a ridiculous day.... giant slabs 12"-14.75" till 10:30 then two big musky swan around the boat and shout the show down. Made a 50 yard move and it was cast and crank... but the crappie where small 8"-9.5". Finally started picking up some decent 11"-11.5" fish. Then I set my bobber about 4' and we caught 40 perch from 9"-12" and probably threw back twice as many. I don't do pics as you all know but believe me it on there.... Minnows and small jig heads and jig head and split tail with 2 or 3 mags.... some of you will know the area we fished,you can PM me if you want. We ended up with 32 really nice crappie....  could have easily limited if we kept smaller fish but when there that nice,there was no reason... If you want fish to eat or just have a ball get on it, Water temp 40.5 in the morning and 45.5 at 6:00  pm when we quit. Very enjoyable day no wind and fish out the wassulla.... Around 4:00 pm I looked around and there where 42 boats ripping lips..... Good luck fellows.. I word of advice... don't use 4lb tests. The area is full of aquatic vegetation" canes that are to the surface and 4 lb doesn't cut it. Loss a few jig heads and bobber. 6 or 8 would be better,guys next to me where using 10lb and where pulling just as many as us....male perch when milking already..

post edited by Big Tuna - 2019/03/27 22:51:29
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    Re: Fishing Report Contest 2019/03/28 07:52:10 (permalink)
    What a great day!

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Jump to: