Butler County Wild Trout

Author
flyfisher11
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 0
2019/02/21 09:43:15 (permalink)

Butler County Wild Trout

Hey all! I was wondering if anyone new of places to find wild trout or just good numbers of stockies in the Butler County area? I don't want to steal anyones spot so if you don't feel comfortable sharing that's fine but I just thought I would ask around. Thanks in advance and tight lines all!

4 Replies Related Threads

crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    Re: Butler County Wild Trout 2019/02/21 12:30:53 (permalink)
     The one I know of (native) is to fragile to give info on. fishandboat.com has the stocking schedule for stocked trout waters. Sucks some good fishing waters will be closed soon over non native stocked fish after a long winter.

crappy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    Re: Butler County Wild Trout 2019/02/21 13:08:40 (permalink)
    I've heard of one water in Butler Co holding wild brook trout in catchable numbers but have never fished it myself.   The PFBC has a bunch of different kinds of lists you can find on their website, including one with waters in which they've found natural reproduction of trout in each county and also streams with different designations that tell you what the wild trout quality is like.  I was kinda surprised at all the places they found natural repro in Butler County.  Keep in mind that's not high numbers or reproduction on a level that will sustain a fishery, but just places they've found it to be happening.  

I don't fish it often, but the DHALO area of Buffalo Crick on the Butler/Armstrong should be getting stocked pretty soon and doesn't close for business on March 1 like most other trout waters around here.    
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3103
    Re: Butler County Wild Trout 2019/02/21 13:51:20 (permalink)
    I find it more rewarding to do my own research on PFBC website for Class A streams, and go explore. Some days I strike out, some days I catch. Doubt many are gonna give up a hotspot on this forum, when rule #1 is no spot burning.
    flyfisher11
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Butler County Wild Trout 2019/02/21 14:36:32 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info but yes I agree with everyone! It's a shame the pressure and damage these valuable fisheries receive. I also agree that finding your own streams is the way to go because it definitely feels more rewarding. 
    Jump to: