Out-n-About

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8026
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Out-n-About 2019/02/07 22:24:13 (permalink)
Pork, I'm not sure one can drive on the beach here. Everyone parks on the tarmac and drags their junk to the water.

If quarter mile is your limit, then many areas would be limited equipment. Some of the boardwalks seem that long before ya hit the sand.

Really neat to walk for sightseeing cause they're elevated over the dunes but I'm feared, dragging your junk, your beer would be gone before ya hit the surf. lol

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/02/07 22:27:46

Attachment(s)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6646
Re: Out-n-About 2019/02/08 08:31:12 (permalink)
I meant more than 1/4 mile of sand pulling.  In deep soft sand, my dolly wheels don't move much, and often bottoms out.  On pavement or decking, you can load it up, and barely feels like pulling anything, until you go a little ways and need to switch hands.  It is great for fishing piers.  In that deep sand, those big balloon wheel carts are great.  I'd definitely get one if I had a place close to the beach.  We rented one, from a beach supply place when my kids were really small.  Not the fishing ones, but same wheels.  Loaded that thing up with the pack n play, tent, chairs, cooler, ect.  Probably 150 lbs of junk, and felt like pushing a regular wheel barrow across a lawn.

I fish the Hatteras Point when there.  Often the breeding birds have ORV access closed.  It is a 2 mile walk from the closest parking spot.  About 1/4 of that is on a "dirt" road (compacted sand with some gravel), if that is open.  The rest is beach.  I try to limit the soft sand from the end of the road at the dunes, to the wash area of the ocean.  Which is usually 100-200 yards.  Then pull along there.  It does okay in that compacted sand.  Still not fun for a mile or whatever.  Just easier to pack down to "essentials" for that hike.

Those dune decks kill me, if there are steps.  Pretty much 50/50 chance my entire dolly spills it's load if there are steps.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8026
Re: Out-n-About 2019/02/10 11:56:31 (permalink)
GEEEEZ LOUISE........

Jumped in the truck to run muup north a few miles to check out some catching information (A/K/A; spotburn(...shh)) I read from a reliable source.

But first, cause YinZ know I never lead ya astray, I must caution traveling this area. Plainly, watch when and where the hell YinZ turn.

In my journey to Mobile, I think I may have made a wrong left hand turn or was abducted or sumpthin cause there weren't any Marina, where I ended up and there sure as heck weren't no-one fishin.

However, I will be going back as the place looked like it could be a chic magnate.

Oh, as for the catching report once I got to a marina, sorry "no spot burning" 😒

Attachment(s)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: