Helpful ReplyHandicap Access at Twenty Mile

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Handicap Access at Twenty Mile 2018/10/26 12:36:43 (permalink)
CD......We'll get a forum going with past or present fishing photos and comments soon as the weather gets ugly......if we can't fish we'll talk and share.....never boring to me..... and I'm sure many others will enjoy also !
cdcaddis
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 90
Re: Handicap Access at Twenty Mile 2018/10/26 15:16:51 (permalink)
Captain, Neat I will enjoy that.  Normally by now I would of had some great smallmouth fishing in the lower Susquehanna.  I live in York and am only about seven miles from Wrightsville where I normally wade fish or launch my boat.  The river has been pretty much blown out since the second week in July.  A few times it was running between 200K & 300K cfs and for most of the late summer it has been over 100,000 cfs.  Far more water than I would feel safe putting the anchor down.  Wading is usually done only at flows of 21,000 cfs or less. I can access the river quite easily.  It is a level walk through a grassy field for about 120' then a modest hill of about 15' and the river is a few steps away.
post edited by cdcaddis - 2018/10/26 15:24:14

Attached Image(s)

Flyfisher for fifty-four years.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Handicap Access at Twenty Mile 2018/10/26 23:40:52 (permalink)
We have fantastic Smallmouth fishing in the Erie area. I really enjoy the spring time trib fishing the best for Bass. We get some real footballs almost every spring wading. Boats do great too but I prefer wading and working the holes and drifts. 

Jester2
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Handicap Access at Twenty Mile 2018/10/30 18:19:39 (permalink)
indsguiz
Gentlemen,  There are a lot of good suggestions and advice on here.  Now I fished the tribs for years, but I lost a leg in Feb 2016 and have been in a chair since then.  Access is a difficult thing.  For me, I'd like to see a Concrete Jetty at trout run, marked Handicapped wheelchair access only.  It could be on the side where the pig pen was. with an access bridge over trout run.  Wouldn't interfere with the waders, and could be built with about 2 - 3 feet of water clearance (like the erosion piers).  I try to fish normally in my chair but it's very hard.

That is a great idea.  I would personally be willing to pay an extra $1-$2 on my Lake Erie stamp to make that a reality. The other option would be at the Walnut Launch. Policing it wouldn't be that hard . . . just make the penalty for not having a card so steep that it's not worth it. Yes, I know there are some scum among the masses who would be willing to sit in a wheelchair and 'fake' it to grab that prime real estate, so would have to be 'zero tolerance' policy.  No card=ticket. Produce valid proof within 10 days to have fine removed.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: