Helpful ReplyDisagreements while steelhead fishing

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
bassackwards
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 161
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 07:41:02 (permalink)
Erie_flyfishing
bassackwards
 Man, Pellet-head chasers are some bad a** mo-fo's. A force to be reckoned with wearing their funny little waders and big snagging rods. I have pellet-head fished on and off for 20 years, and other than one or two incidents, really everyone stays quite and vents later to their buddies. I just can't do it anymore. Everyone is a snagger, everyone crowds everyone, everyone is beneath everyone. It kills me that everyone laughs about the guys on the opening day of normal trout season, yet you guys do that same crap everyday. 

I don't understand the pellet-head scene......why can't you just walk into the stream, pick out your favorite 3.....scoop them up and head home ? The way you have to fish in Erie, it really would be more of a sport to just pick em' up. You could toss 1 or 2 brown trout in and give a prize for the token brownie. The kiddo's would go crazy. Heck, slap numbers on the side of them and give prizes based on the number you get. 

However.....I still say, the worse thing about the concrete dock pellet-headers is the lack of respect to reel up your line when we come in to dock. Arguing with a fisherman over a spot is kinda stupid to me....same with arguing over snagging....but you get your line caught in my prop.....the cops do get called (not the fishy cops, the real cops). I have more in my motors than I have in both of my trucks, and car combined. The fish cops should be working that scene rather than worrying about stocked trout. 

Bud, you probably just can’t catch trout. Bass aren’t hard to catch. Sponsor hunter?

What does bass have to do with anything ?? Where were bass mentioned in this ? I fish for bass in lake Erie when the wave conditions aren't good....an easy way of simply staying safe. My preference is tugging my boat to Ontario in most cases, but occasionally walleye fish if the family is in town. I prefer Ontario because of the challenge, current changes and temp shifts.We catch pellet-heads.....brown trout, Lakers....salmon. Not sure why you would say I can't catch a stocked trout ? 

I do enjoy bass fishing inland lakes however.

Pellet-head is a normal term for Steel-head. It isn't like they are sea-run. Is using the name "slimer" better ?  It's the same as calling a Pittsburger a "mupher" or "Yinzer". 

Stocked trout are not hard to catch, either are walleye.....same with bass. Some days are better than others. 

I am Italian as well, come from an Italian family. My grandmother taught us a long time ago, Don't start a fight you can't win. This old man thought he was a bada**....he was going to run his mouth and tell this guy off. He was sure going to tell him. Well, the other guy had a different opinion. You can disagree with what someone is doing without getting all pumped up and yelling. But once you get to that point, you have to expect something will happen. You win, or you lose.....no reason for anyone else to get involved in a fight you should have walked away from. This foreign guy was't holding kids at gun-point...he was doing what better than 60% of the guys do at Erie.....snagging a fish.

I don't know if this guy even spoke English....or understood what the old man way yelling about. 

Turn the tables.....what if someone walked up to your Dad pointing his finger in his face, screaming at him ?? Think your Dad would have popped him in the head ? 
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 08:00:07 (permalink)
Dad is an old Marine, you want to poke your finger in his face, I'll watch...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

bassackwards
Avid Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 08:21:05 (permalink)
bingsbaits

That is my exact point....you have to watch who's face you point your finger in. It doesn't matter if I think he is doing something right or wrong, wag that finger and it would probably get broke. 
Kokanee Killer
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1015
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 08:55:24 (permalink)
bassackwards
bingsbaits

That is my exact point....you have to watch who's face you point your finger in. It doesn't matter if I think he is doing something right or wrong, wag that finger and it would probably get broke. 

yep very true .. i recall a great statement an old boss said to me when i was younger and not wise   he said no matter how tough you think you are theres always someone tougher that will put you in your place ... yep true

I have become comfortably numb
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 10:17:35 (permalink)
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits
Mabee some of you snowflakes should just stay in your Safe Space....

I run there when I see a Shady dude with a cigar hanging out of his mouth.

Dont assume genders pls

I know you aren’t very intelligent, but I was referring to Bings. Maybe you should stay out of the conversation if you don’t have a clue what you are talking about..
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 10:18:51 (permalink)
Kokanee Killer
bassackwards
bingsbaits

yep very true .. i recall a great statement an old boss said to me when i was younger and not wise   he said no matter how tough you think you are theres always someone tougher that will put you in your place ... yep true

Like I always had to do with you Capt Norman..
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 10:24:28 (permalink)
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" ~ Teddy Roosevelt; the father of the modern conservation.

I dont think he meant.......
A big Ugly Stik, snag em; rope em; & smoke em.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/01/18 11:08:29

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3425
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 10:45:40 (permalink)
Problem is, IMO, most of these older(old) guys still think they can scrap. I work with a guy just like that. He's 63 and still thinks he's 43. They run their yaps, trying to impose their will or correct some perceived wrong doing. 10 times out of 10, someone north of 60 yrs old is gonna get thumped. Now would I beat up some senior citizen? absolutely not. I was raised better by my Italian grandfather. Would I tell him shut his old azz up and go about his business. Ah... Ya.

What difference does it make personally to anyone? Snagging, lifting ect... if your not doing it, who kares??? Be like me , don't go. Don't fish some ditch, full of average muttfish, with 1000 of your "closest" friends. Leave it to the GoPro heros and YouTube sensations. Jus Say'IN
post edited by pensfan1 - 2018/01/18 20:54:17
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 289
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 10:55:47 (permalink)

Attached Image(s)

SaltWaterRocks
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 11:01:07 (permalink)
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits

Dont assume genders pls

I know you aren’t very intelligent, but I was referring to Bings. Maybe you should stay out of the conversation if you don’t have a clue what you are talking about..

IB, if you lived by your words, as far as I can tell, you would be a mute.
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 11:04:29 (permalink)
SaltWaterRocks
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits

Dont assume genders pls

Aww.. That’s a shame..
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 11:40:22 (permalink)
Indiana_Bob
SaltWaterRocks
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits

Dont assume genders pls

Aww.. That’s a shame..

You logged in with that comeback?
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 11:56:29 (permalink)
E.F, I understand if a "kid" thinks Erie is the beezneez, as they've probably never been anywhere else in their short "careers" Heck, I thought it was the chit at one time, but that was late 80s early 90s and I was **** near 30 years younger.

Once again, if you "love" Erie and can't get enough... have at it. But that doesn't make me (or anyone else) wrong for calling it exactly what it is. You don't have to go to the Pacific NW to get away from ditch water. Ohio is close and Lake Michigan with its Tribs are about an 8 hour drive away. Save some time up and take the trip. Lake O has plenty of big water also. Dont pigeon hole yourself, young padiwon.
johnthefisherman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 12:08:58 (permalink)
Well at least the forum is getting back to normal..

Pro Staff:
Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

rmcmillen09
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 827
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 12:13:33 (permalink)
I've got a bass story too.. but I would leave the b out of the spelling.
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 12:47:03 (permalink)
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
SaltWaterRocks
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits

Dont assume genders pls

Aww.. That’s a shame..

No.. I’m always logged in there Special Little boy..
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 12:49:32 (permalink)
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
SaltWaterRocks
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits

Dont assume genders pls

Aww.. That’s a shame..

Oh I see you don’t have a good memory... you used the same punchline on me a few weeks ago.
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 12:51:50 (permalink)
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
SaltWaterRocks
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits

Dont assume genders pls

Aww.. That’s a shame..

Oh I see you don’t have a good memory... you used the same punchline on me a few weeks ago.

Oh I know what I post..
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/18 15:08:50 (permalink)

pensfan1
E.F, I understand if a "kid" thinks Erie is the beezneez, as they've probably never been anywhere else in their short "careers" Heck, I thought it was the chit at one time, but that was late 80s early 90s and I was **** near 30 years younger.

Once again, if you "love" Erie and can't get enough... have at it. But that doesn't make me (or anyone else) wrong for calling it exactly what it is. You don't have to go to the Pacific NW to get away from ditch water. Ohio is close and Lake Michigan with its Tribs are about an 8 hour drive away. Save some time up and take the trip. Lake O has plenty of big water also. Dont pigeon hole yourself, young padiwon.

Well said..........

When you can barely flip an under hand cast out and hit the opposite shoreline...it's a ditch !

I had to cut 3 foot off my 9 ft. rod ....kept snagging the tip on the opposite bank !

Too each their own...but expect the usual chaotic combat Erie fishing for many years.
Just don't #itch too loud you might get a head shot or popped !

Want to try the Major League someday ...go fish the Niagara River from shore ! See how good you really are at catching Steelhead or Salmon or fish period !

I still give credit to the old dirty bas#tard....he spoke up like a real man...and didn't punk out ! 
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 01:43:30 (permalink)
Some people on this forum never leave Walnut Creek judging by their yewtoob vidyaz

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
bassackwards
Avid Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 06:18:15 (permalink)
pensfan1
Problem is, IMO, most of these older(old) guys still think they can scrap. I work with a guy just like that. He's 63 and still thinks he's 43. They run their yaps, trying to impose their will or correct some perceived wrong doing. 10 times out of 10, someone north of 60 yrs old is gonna get thumped. Now would I beat up some senior citizen? absolutely not. I was raised better by my Italian grandfather. Would I tell him shut his old azz up and go about his business. Ah... Ya.

I would completely disagree with this......old dudes are tougher than you think. Once you get them to their breaking point.....better watch out. 

I get the impression you think you are tough than you actually are. Just your post alone sets the writing on the wall.  

However, I do agree with their perception that they think everyone is doing something wrong other than them. 
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 06:43:08 (permalink)
bassackwards
pensfan1

I get the impression you think you are tough than you actually are. Just your post alone sets the writing on the wall.  

I'm not steeping into any cages anytime soon, but I can handle myself if that's what you are asking..
rmcmillen09
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 827
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 06:46:03 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK

pensfan1

Well said..........

When you can barely flip an under hand cast out and hit the opposite shoreline...it's a ditch !

I had to cut 3 foot off my 9 ft. rod ....kept snagging the tip on the opposite bank !

Too each their own...but expect the usual chaotic combat Erie fishing for many years.
Just don't #itch too loud you might get a head shot or popped !

Want to try the Major League someday ...go fish the Niagara River from shore ! See how good you really are at catching Steelhead or Salmon or fish period !

I still give credit to the old dirty bas#tard....he spoke up like a real man...and didn't punk out ! 

Capn .. That is my favorite place to fish,have even caught quite a few from the rock at the whirlpool that slants into the end of the hole "US side" and pours out into the current. End up hopping rocks and climbing down and follow down river to fight them back to you! That river is always at my top favorite places on earth to fish and hike,and even jet boat up!
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 06:51:48 (permalink)
Maybe 10 times out of 10 was a little strong. I do know a man and his wife who have been training martial arts their whole lives. They are both legit badazzes and I would never under any circumstances want to actually fight either of them. Not too many 3rd Dan Aikido masters walking around Walnut tho.. jus Say'IN.
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 07:45:01 (permalink)
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits

Dont assume genders pls

You'll understand gender better when your nuts finally drop.
I never advocated violence of any kind..
Mabee some of you snowflakes should have the PoPo on speed dial.
Watching idiots break the law And just cower.
You can take selfies all day long of your pelletheads.
Why not get involved instead of being part of the problem.

And yes you need to run to your safe space when shady dudes with cigars are around...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

SaltWaterRocks
Novice Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 08:29:15 (permalink)
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
SaltWaterRocks
Indiana_Bob
Erie_flyfishing
Indiana_Bob
bingsbaits

Dont assume genders pls

Aww.. That’s a shame..

Now that is sad.  On the other hand, that is the first contribution you have ever made(as far as I can tell) that actually tells me something.
SaltWaterRocks
Novice Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 08:40:05 (permalink)
On the lighter side...I was at the nut once fishing next to a guy.  Across the creek is another guy and his son.  First of all, it was cold with wet snow falling and these two are out in gym shoes, jeans and sweatshirts soaking wet.  Second, the dad(I assume) wasn't paying any attention to the kid(looked about 12ish.)  The kid was soaking wet, in and out of the ice cold water, throwing his line across us(there were only the four of us at the hole.)  The guy across the creek and the guy next to me made brief eye contact and the guy next to me says, "I'll bet you're thinking what I'm thinking."  And they other guy asks, "what's that?"  And, God love him, the guy next to me says "you have to be thinking, why didn't I pull out?"  Snot shot out of both nostrils and I darn nearly filled my waders!!  I swear I have never in my life seen someone so PO'd; had they been on the same side of the creek it would have been WWF!!  The guy and kid left gathered up their stuff and stormed off;  we had an awesome day catching, and when we were finished, I offered to buy him a drink.  

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 09:10:48 (permalink)
I always liked that old video on You Tube where the old guy minding his business cracks the young guy with the big mouth on the public bus ....talk about a turn of events !..that punk got an azz wooping !lol 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5O0Wc4-rVU
post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2018/01/19 09:17:31
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 09:32:21 (permalink)
I did say 10 of 10 was a little strong..... HA!!
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Disagreements while steelhead fishing 2018/01/19 10:36:55 (permalink)

Attached Image(s)

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to: