Ice Fishing Questions for Presque isle bay and misery bay

Author
buddy8erie
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points: 0
2018/01/03 22:59:26 (permalink)

Ice Fishing Questions for Presque isle bay and misery bay

Hi me and a buddy are going out for ice fishing sunday i would like to know what is the best type of line (lb mono fluoro etc) and what types of jigs or spoons you would recommend?

2 Replies Related Threads

ICE NUT
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1255
    Re: Ice Fishing Questions for Presque isle bay and misery bay 2018/01/04 14:51:26 (permalink)
    You might want to check iceshanty.com ice on the bay is still not good because of all the snow.Some good posts from folks who live up there.
    buddy8erie
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Ice Fishing Questions for Presque isle bay and misery bay 2018/01/10 19:50:17 (permalink)
    welp checked out misery bay got a ice kicker 1 from a friend, unfortunatley we did not have a powerful enough drill got through one 10 inch hole and drill was smoking and smelt like we fried the pistons so im trying to figure out if a regular heavy duty wireless drill would cut it a lot better than a regular black and decker drill, however after hand cranking my hole we got fishing got 25 3 bluegill tossed back and all perch under 7 inches threw em back, now my new questions are anybody know recommendations on a drill for the ice kicker 1 for hand augers and any reports from from Eaton Reservoir/Bulls dam? never ice fished on eaton before i thought about trying it not all too sure what i could catch is it just like perch and crappie or could i catch an occasional pike or bass here and there on a pimple? thanks guys for the reply all in all it was nice to be out on misery we had a good trip nice sitting on the ice in a nice shanty even in 26 mph winds lol Tight lines and be safe next few days heard there's a ship coming in through shipping channel in PI bay people going off of chestnut wayyy out there be careful please i know some of you are hard core fishermen but its not funny to see a death on the news cause ice fisherman weren't careful enough! you can never be too careful!
    Jump to: