Helpful ReplySteelhead

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Author
jat1007
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/19 14:35:31 (permalink)
Slayinsteel5623
There's plenty of fish to go around. Already had 4 really good days this year. Gotta be there at the cracks of dawn. Made the mistake of checking 20 mile. Lots of fish in the first one but almost all of them had hooks hangin off the side. Saw a guy in a Polo Shirt and gym shorts standing over his knees snag a brown with his bottom rig the. Proceed to run in the hole after it and net it then throw it on a stringer. After calling what seemed like to be every one in his contact list to brag. That's enough 20 mile for me for the year lol. Tight lines

you guys must like fishing with the crowds and the idiots.... smh

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/19 15:10:10 (permalink)
Yes, the idiots do love fishing in crowds.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

johnthefisherman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/19 15:13:14 (permalink)
The best is still yet to come. 

Pro Staff:
Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 289
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/19 15:57:57 (permalink)
bingsbaits
Yes, the idiots do love fishing in crowds.

Your not fishing in Erie if you don't have a treble hook flying above your head!
post edited by Erie_flyfishing - 2017/09/19 16:45:18
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/19 18:48:27 (permalink)
Troll the bay. No crowds keep or release,it really doesn't matter.If a Mupper like me keeps 6 fish a year no big deal. Just smoke a couple for the holidays. Not condoning anyone but it's not the Muppers keeping ton of steelhead. It's been rope and smoke since the beginning of time. Just back in the day there where more to rope.lol
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/19 19:00:18 (permalink)
Big Tuna
Troll the bay. No crowds keep or release,it really doesn't matter.If a Mupper like me keeps 6 fish a year no big deal. Just smoke a couple for the holidays. Not condoning anyone but it's not the Muppers keeping ton of steelhead. It's been rope and smoke since the beginning of time. Just back in the day there where more to rope.lol

Already seeing it. Lots of snagging , lots of roping, and when I went into poor Richards , the phone didn't stop ringing ! Lots of guys from Pittsburgh wanting to know if the steel are up to route 5 yet
Kokanee Killer
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1015
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/19 19:36:19 (permalink)
Big Tuna

well said bt well said

I have become comfortably numb
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 08:29:09 (permalink)
The worst is still yet to come.
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 12:19:03 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
The worst is still yet to come.

Once the reports start on the report page the gas price will go up. The local gas stations know that the muphers are driving three hours each way !
Slayinsteel5623
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 14:41:38 (permalink)
Can't escape the crowds.
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 16:10:47 (permalink)
Yea really...so maybe after how many years people would quit whining about crowds n just get over it lol its not going to change..

and another thing this whole “muphere” thing is getting old too because if im not mistaken, some of the guides and ppl on here talkin sh*t arent even locals and they make their money off the industry also... like this whole steelhead kick off party on facebook 60% of the ppl i seen talking about it and hyping it up, and promoting it aren’t even erie locals??? So the muphere thing is outdated and inaccurate because the distance for driving is irrelevant anymore...

when you have people who live outside of erie county who dont feel the stress of the extra traffic, and tourism inconvenience but just because they feel entitled on here or facebook they start sh*t talkin on other people who also live outside of erie county.....you have a problem.

its a big state with one statewide fishing license get ya head outcha azzzZzes
post edited by fishfashfush - 2017/09/20 16:14:01

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 16:46:38 (permalink)
fishfashfush
Yea really...so maybe after how many years people would quit whining about crowds n just get over it lol its not going to change..

and another thing this whole “muphere” thing is getting old too because if im not mistaken, some of the guides and ppl on here talkin sh*t arent even locals and they make their money off the industry also... like this whole steelhead kick off party on facebook 60% of the ppl i seen talking about it and hyping it up, and promoting it aren’t even erie locals??? So the muphere thing is outdated and inaccurate because the distance for driving is irrelevant anymore...

when you have people who live outside of erie county who dont feel the stress of the extra traffic, and tourism inconvenience but just because they feel entitled on here or facebook they start sh*t talkin on other people who also live outside of erie county.....you have a problem.

its a big state with one statewide fishing license get ya head outcha azzzZzes
[/quote

Chill out man. I was just joking before. I definetly do not want people to think I'm a troll. I started this thread to talk about the upcoming steelhead season. I am probably going to the steelhead party and I'm not a local . Goodluck and tight lines
post edited by Erie_flyfishing - 2017/09/20 16:50:37
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 17:03:47 (permalink)
Its all good.. not knockin u or anyone in particular.. its just the whole steelhead scene in general lol its stuff like this that made me quit trout fishing.. “entitlements” and it doesnt help when u see grown****men acting like its their first time fishing getting woodies over a slimer lol

Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 17:17:13 (permalink)
fishfashfush
Its all good.. not knockin u or anyone in particular.. its just the whole steelhead scene in general lol its stuff like this that made me quit trout fishing.. “entitlements” and it doesnt help when u see grown****men acting like its their first time fishing getting woodies over a slimer lol

Yeah man you seem like a good angler. Many people in Erie have lots the true value of fishing
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 17:28:03 (permalink)
U gotta Fish unconventionally, the crowds coming are imminent and they are predictable... so if u choose not to adapt to that then shame on you... only people i feel bad for are children and people with handicaps that cant access the creeks and put the work in..

I believe the only change that needs to be made is having children, seniors, veterans and handicap only sections that u see at many lakes and rivers.

But the day people stop arguing with eachother and realize the PFBC doesnt give 2 ****s about any of us peasants will be a good day..

Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 17:53:44 (permalink)
fishfashfush
U gotta Fish unconventionally, the crowds coming are imminent and they are predictable... so if u choose not to adapt to that then shame on you... only people i feel bad for are children and people with handicaps that cant access the creeks and put the work in..

I believe the only change that needs to be made is having children, seniors, veterans and handicap only sections that u see at many lakes and rivers.

But the day people stop arguing with eachother and realize the PFBC doesnt give 2 ****s about any of us peasants will be a good day..

I could definitely picture that. I've witnessed many people stealing spots from children . As for the handicapped I feel the game commish has taken long strides. I also feel like people that are intentionally snagging fish should be punished more. Last weekend I saw a lot of hooks in the sides of fish
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 19:13:56 (permalink)
I'll agree with the "fishing unconventional" thingy...

Nixed the new boat idea in lieu of my new fishing outfit.

Don't think I shall have a bit of trouble getting a fishing spot.

Attached Image(s)

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Kokanee Killer
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1015
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/20 22:37:23 (permalink)
Erie_flyfishing
fishfashfush

I could definitely picture that. I've witnessed many people stealing spots from children . As for the handicapped I feel the game commish has taken long strides. I also feel like people that are intentionally snagging fish should be punished more. Last weekend I saw a lot of hooks in the sides of fish

you are always gonna see snagging in the pa tribs especially with the current low clear conditions  if they can live with theirself  and their acts thats on there conscience then its on them   atleast i know that i and most anglers catch then legally and that makes me feel good knowing i fooled them into takin my bait

I have become comfortably numb
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 06:11:25 (permalink)
Kokanee Killer
Erie_flyfishing
fishfashfush

you are always gonna see snagging in the pa tribs especially with the current low clear conditions  if they can live with theirself  and their acts thats on there conscience then its on them   atleast i know that i and most anglers catch then legally and that makes me feel good knowing i fooled them into takin my bait

I truly agree! The day I start snagging fish on purpose is the day I quit fishing. I have to much respect for these powerful chrome
Hohbo_
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 07:23:19 (permalink)
Without the muphere, Erie would lose a ton of cash.... Give em a little credit (using that loosely) before they go back DAHN

Erie is Erie.... Ohio seems to be much better as far as public land rights and so on.
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 07:41:25 (permalink)
Fly_JDR
Without the muphere, Erie would lose a ton of cash.... Give em a little credit (using that loosely) before they go back DAHN

Erie is Erie.... Ohio seems to be much better as far as public land rights and so on.

It is a very hot topic. Most of the land that gets posted is because of the muphers. Now grant it, I've seen plenty of great fishermen coming from Pittsburgh. It's like anything, you have bad and good
H3Fisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 340
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 08:34:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pheasant tail 2 2017/09/21 22:38:11
I make that flight from Pittsburgh every weekend lol. Usually takes under 2 hours depending on how many cops are out in the morning. 

Heck, I'll be up Erie for 12 days in October living in the creeks from sunup to sundown. So the motel, Poor Richards, FishUSA (hopefully nothing breaks this year), and Teresa's Deli will be making money during that little vacation. I can't believe what I've been missing at that Deli... Just started going there 2 years out of all the years I've been fishing up there, 1 sub lasts me 2 days lol.
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 08:39:00 (permalink)
I always get a burger at five guys in Meadville !
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 08:45:44 (permalink)
Hot dogs with coleslaw..... 😉

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

johnthefisherman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 08:57:32 (permalink)
Yellow Perch Dinner at Freeport

Pro Staff:
Liquid Mayhem: www.liquidmayhem.com
Lunker City: www.lunkercity.com
Titan Tungsten: www.titan-tungsten.com
Trophy Technology: www.trophytechnology.com 

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing 

Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 09:08:01 (permalink)
johnthefisherman
Yellow Perch Dinner at Freeport

Y'all are making me hungry !
Erie_flyfishing
Expert Angler
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 09:14:37 (permalink)
I'm coming from Meadville so I mostly eat around there. I would recommend earl js pizza, and five guys! Meadville sure has a lot of junk food!
jat1007
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 193
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 16:33:30 (permalink)
can someone explain muphere?
assuming its someone from out of town?

imagine if there was no internet and everyone just stopped reporting about fishing.....

fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2215
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 17:16:39 (permalink)
jat1007

imagine if there was no internet and everyone just stopped reporting about fishing.....

Yinzers from the Burgh....!!!!  Of course WE are the problem, not the poachers, the Russian snaggers who ive witnessed and reported keeping snagged fish.  BTW if YOU SEE IT HAPPENNING REPORT IT!  Complaining on here does nothing.  Same thing with slobs who litter.  If you see something say something.  Or clean it up as you walk back down the creek to your car.  Hopefully the people who post on here are proactive and do something about the problems they see. 

As for reporting your catch on the inturdnet, look no farther than this thread.  Gopros and youtube videos in frog water low clear conditions in a stocked man made fishery....its way beyond just spot burning now.  The "secret" has been ahht for a long time. 

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: Steelhead 2017/09/21 17:24:09 (permalink)
jat1007

Muphere = Yinzer/Pittsburgher who says, "I commup Erie all the time and slay traht like a traht gawd," or who asks a local, "Yinz frommuphere or dahn arahnd Picksburg?"  

As to the second part, there are very, very few pictures on here anymore because of all the bawl busting that used to go on about spot burning, inaccurate claims of size, handling fish etc, but the book of faces and twitter are blowing up with all the duuds that wanna show everybody how good they are at fooling a critter with a brain the size of a pea.  And I'll join 'em when I make my first trip mup.  
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 7
Jump to: