Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but...

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Southernpagreatlaker91
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 09:24:23 (permalink)
Your dumb as fuc* I don't live at home but good on ya telling me how it is and this guy not gonna sell her owns one side and bought the other he is tying it up to be a Richard someone obviously peed in hours cheerio bowl and ruined it for everyone but what I read says ya can float through him just can't fish that piece but it will get ya to the next holes
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 10:11:16 (permalink)
Southernpagreatlaker91
Your dumb as fuc* I don't live at home but good on ya telling me how it is and this guy not gonna sell her owns one side and bought the other he is tying it up to be a Richard someone obviously peed in hours cheerio bowl and ruined it for everyone but what I read says ya can float through him just can't fish that piece but it will get ya to the next holes

Have you ever seen Elk Creek?  What kind of vessel are you going to float with?  Kayaks will get stuck in two inches of water.
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 10:16:55 (permalink)
Southernpagreatlaker91

It's funny, calling someone a dumb fu.k yet YOU ARE unable to grasp 3rd grade English..
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2215
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 12:16:07 (permalink)
Paging mountin mann...where are u thred keeler?

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
BorgCollective
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 186
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 12:51:37 (permalink)
376 - you bring the snacks, I bring the brews...we sit back and watch as indi boob and pay-laker91 argue together and end up getting this thread locked by the mods!

Yes, we are still here!
Southernpagreatlaker91
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 13:36:38 (permalink)
Yea we are all here fer English class and also I can yak anything wet
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 13:59:19 (permalink)
Southernpagreatlaker91
Yea we are all here fer English class and also I can yak anything wet

You can yak anything wet?  That's fine, you're impressive.  When the yak gets stuck in 2" or less of water, and you get out to walk it down to the deeper water on posted property, may you be arrested for being stupid on top of trespassing.
post edited by D-nymph - 2017/02/16 14:00:21
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 14:43:23 (permalink)
lol yea don't bother pagin mt man. Hes at da basin nailin dumfezh...
after all it is The only water that wont be posted in erie by the fall...

we could use a translator though for the ol' boy that went off the deep end bout his YAK ...anyone??

Gill em to kill em then Rope em smoke em
Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 15:03:58 (permalink)
I think it's best if all of Elk is Posted. Seems to be a lot of unhinged mental cases walking the streams.. Save our Steelhead from these monsters
post edited by Indiana_Bob - 2017/02/16 15:15:39
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 15:45:48 (permalink)
I remember an old song " I fought the law and the law won" !

It's too bad we don't have easier stream bank access to a lot of fishing waterways, but that's our state laws. I always figure the more people or kids are out fishing the better off everyone is instead of being idle and getting into trouble. Gets us out and away from all these stupid computers , or video games. Fishing should be welcomed by all generations, but I also understand the privacy of the land owners. Until we talk or see how overcrowding affects their daily lives we just assume they are being resentful toward fishing.

The basic facts have been witnessed by everyone of us over the past years. Erie tributaries cannot support hundreds of fishermen daily without some serious issues addressed. Land access, parking, bathrooms, litter dumpsters just for starters.                 
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 15:56:20 (permalink)
Indiana_Bob
I think it's best if all of Elk is Posted. Seems to be a lot of unhinged mental cases walking the streams.. Save our Steelhead from these monsters

i feel bad for locals haha its like if you lived right across the street from a sports venue. Every time the season rolls around you get a bunch of dis-respectful degenerates sh*ttin n' P*issin on everything..throwing cans, bottles and trash. Dragging their trophies across the yard like they are taking it home for an award.

Its kinda like a zombie apocalypse every year. People crawl out of the woodwork with no regard to property, privacy or respect.. just because they paid their 44 dollars or whatever it is this year they feel the need to strap their entitlement banner on n run the show...

No no no i am not grouping every "non local" together as a whole but judging by the complaints from property owners and postings... its clearly a majority of the fishermen.. A spade is a spade! sorry to the beautiful snowflakes who are upset that they aren't fully entitled to a 24" 6 pound foul tasting, snot covered wanna-be salmon and all that is involved with it because they paid their license fee.. if everyone could pay a license fee to have free reign on something imagine the way the world would be.......

When steelhead start runnin i imagine the locals faces to be like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.
post edited by fishfashfush - 2017/02/16 15:58:15

Steelhead_alley
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 16:27:04 (permalink)
shouldnt build on a creek and not expect to see fishermen. 
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 17:40:59 (permalink)
Steelhead_alley
ive been fishing all over the state for all kind of different species for over 20 years and have never seen any "fishermen" like i see in erie its like the "first day of trout" crowd every single hour of the day on erie tribs the people that are disrespectful n leave their mess behind until next year because they bought their license they can do what they want... and besides im pretty sure most of the houses were built before they started the steelhead movement in the 70s(?)

Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 17:41:36 (permalink)
Steelhead_alley

Some people just don't get it..
Steelhead_alley
New Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 17:59:28 (permalink)
Indiana_Bob
Steelhead_alley

your rite, my bad

PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 18:03:25 (permalink)
Indiana_Bob
Steelhead_alley

and they never will....

i fish a small trout stream that gets heavy fishing pressure. It is located in a very wealthy area. The owners are awsome people. Their drive way has a bridge that goes over the creek... they only ask three things, (there are signs put up) don't block their mailbox, don't stand on their bridge and dont fish on the house side of the creek....

every time i go there early in trout season they walk down and socialize with the fishermen and say " we know you fishermen like fishing here and its a great spot. we only make 3 simple requests on our property and we just cant understand what is so hard about following 3 small things.

"People have been parking on my driveway bridge, blocking the mail man, someone was laying under the shade tree in our yard.. even people tormenting our pet dog when it is in the yard..." its sh*t like that.

Guys get on here and make land owners out to be greedy pieces of crap but they don't walk a day in their everyday life's shoes.

This is all simple stuff that could have been handled before it got to the land owners boiling point ... and its not up to them to baby sit and police their property they shouldnt have to
post edited by fishfashfush - 2017/02/16 18:05:31

Steelhead_alley
New Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 18:08:47 (permalink)
not saying it is terrible to post property.. its just gonna keep happening until steelhead alley dies. ny is taking away most of the tourists now anyways. i believe that every creek should be deemed navigable. I know this will never happen though.  
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 18:10:23 (permalink)
fishfashfush
lol yea don't bother pagin mt man. Hes at da basin nailin dumfezh...
after all it is The only water that wont be posted in erie by the fall...

we could use a translator though for the ol' boy that went off the deep end bout his YAK ...anyone??

Bazin waz shlOw onlee coT 97.371938% stiLhed. Tok yaK aNKorD n mAhnCheztr hoL. FuL ov bOrpitz. FezH liK dAh iNuoTz.

ps stIlhed jeZuS cAhn fezh aw Wather. gReN eGsAkz r hIz kyRpToeNite.

Pss laNoWnrs sTriG greN eGsakz.

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 18:39:27 (permalink)

Bazin waz shlOw onlee coT 97.371938% stiLhed. Tok yaK aNKorD n mAhnCheztr hoL. FuL ov bOrpitz. FezH liK dAh iNuoTz.

ps stIlhed jeZuS cAhn fezh aw Wather. gReN eGsAkz r hIz kyRpToeNite.

Pss laNoWnrs sTriG greN eGsakz.

Good to hear the report, finally a truthful one that isnt spot burning and or misleading. Im takin the jon boat up 20 mile tomorrow to troll if you wanna go cuz danny down the bar told me if i got the boat trollin up thru posted waters with no anchor down its legal cuz my boat will be out of posted waters but ill run about 60 yards of line out back n still fish posted waters with a 1oz sinker n pahrbait. Game changin. Steelhead alley will never die only the anglers that cant adapt n over come will

Indiana_Bob
Avid Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 18:42:57 (permalink)
Thinking about taking the Lund and hitting trout run.. Would it be Ok to anchor in the stream? Lots of fish in there now, even better, I can use spot lock on the minn Kota to stay on the fish..
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 18:43:42 (permalink)
All kidding and hostility aside...
I don't believe that most of the people on here are the guilty parties as far as trashing properties. We just wanna fish a place we've grown up making memories on. I have a son that is just about "of age" to walk the creeks this year, and I can't wait to take him to many places I've been to. The planning of the trip, the excitement the night before, the drive up, the shale, the gorges, the trees, the creatures, sights, and yes, the opportunity to tangle with strong fighting cool looking steelbows-all of that is something I want to pass on to my kids and share with them.
I've been doing it for over a decade and I've watched it erode and spoil in the last few years. It stinks.
Landowners are within their rights to post their land, no doubt. But that doesn't take away the sting of the loss. It ain't the end of the world and there's other fish in the sea! But nonetheless, my tears continue to flow. Check the gauges, they just rose....

genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 18:58:18 (permalink)
fisherofmen376
All kidding and hostility aside...
I don't believe that most of the people on here are the guilty parties as far as trashing properties.

it's not just terds , even if all were good eggs, it's the shear volume of anglers daily non stop 
Makes a mighty big footprint

.L.T.A.
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 19:37:30 (permalink)
Yep, I get it. As I've said in the past, if I owned waterfront property I'd post it and allow a few with permission only. The masses wouldn't be welcome.

15ftstcroix
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 20:35:53 (permalink)
been fishing for steel in erie and ny tribs for 32 years. first used up camp rig 7 foot orvis flypole with 6 pound line spinning reel 4 pound leader caught fish every trip 4 5 years started fly fishing caught fish every trip sucker spawn and blood dot glo bugs . started  going up ny got smoked by the canadiens centerpin fishing i learned!!! got J W Young centerpin and 13 foot stcroix 2 pieceback to erie tribs then i was smokin the creeks pretty much majic!!! caught 6 7 times more fish than anybody around me. the point of all this is to tell all you young dudes that you missed the good that it was and i wish for you and me that the middle of the week absense of people was still a reality. tue wend thur noone else on the crick and all those fish god it was unbelievable!! many 50 60 fish landed days so how do you think i feel when i take my boy up and if you turn your back to help him land his first steely some guy takes your exact spot??? to many people !!!! should come up with somthing like a quota per day or evens this week odds next. be on the crick 1 hour before daylight only to have 5 guys move in on you a half hour after daybright ????? sickening it takes all the fun and u just end up ****ed off the people that make the rules need to regulate the number off people onthe cricks every day . i personally like the idea of even odds i mean really how many times have i been smoked out of a spot when 6 7 non americans come down over the bank to ruin your fishing 1 hour after daylight????. i feel bad for you guys out there that never had the chance of uncrowded fishing the good old days really were. fishing with a 15 foot st croix and a 5 inch john milner KINGFISHER the most awsome setup there ever was caught 127 steelhead 1 day on the cat 17 years ago best day to date.not bragging just establishing my creds. NEED TO REGULATE THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE   PERIOD thanks for your time
treesparrow
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 22:19:44 (permalink)
This afternoon I took the dog for a walk around shoreline of neighbors pond and came back with 10+lbs  of litter from fisherslobs. There is probably another 10 lbs to pick up. I would not blame my neighbor if he posted it. I am sure there are many who fish and are respectful, however when there is better than 20 lbs of litter it makes all look bad.
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 22:23:07 (permalink)
It was probably mt man after dem KARP

Rontbeamer
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/16 23:06:43 (permalink)
Southernpagreatlaker91
Good joke pan fisher pa ain't N.Y. they just wanna take our money and not give shoot back pa sucks fer reel

Nope, I have talked to two land owners in the last month that Pa offered to buy their land on Elk. 
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/17 00:12:27 (permalink)
fishfashfush
It was probably mt man after dem KARP

Onlee do dHat n ERE lUNc kAke wRaprz 2 heeVy 2 cArree wHin u Hav 101% On rOp.

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
PooFLinger
Expert Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/17 02:06:37 (permalink)

Just how many fish is 101%. M.M. ? Stillhed jesus is buyin BAC. Gonna be a candy shop.

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
Re: Hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but... 2017/02/17 02:10:57 (permalink)
fishfashfush

Just how many fish is 101%. M.M. ? Stillhed jesus is buyin BAC. Gonna be a candy shop.

64.76422222232332221 and one burpitz

StiLhed jezuz haz been preaching CPR at trout rub to the WV peoples

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to: