New reg For Walnut

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
  • Reward points: 0
RE: New reg For Walnut 2008/02/07 11:59:54 (permalink)
Chasin,

This change only affects 1/4 mile of stream, if that. The rest of the streams, and everything south of rt.5 , have been under this regulation for years, and there has been no problems.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
centerpin_drift
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 205
RE: New reg For Walnut 2008/02/07 15:44:10 (permalink)
I say close it down on all the tribs at 10pm till 5 am. Give the fish a break!  Some folks act as if these fish where Gold!  I love fishing for steel. It wouldn't bother me one bit for them to shut it down at 10pm and be able to start fishing again at 5:01 am.

Centerpin_drift!

Get the Drift !!!!!
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
RE: New reg For Walnut 2008/02/07 16:17:22 (permalink)
I disagree with that, the small section of stream open to night fishing now is on public property and far from any residence, there's no need to close it off.   If you think the fish need a break, then don't fish so often during the daytime, some people enjoy fishing all night.

And again, I totally agree with the change and with keeping people off the private lands upstream at night, I just don't agree with the close it all idea.
post edited by Stillhead - 2008/02/07 16:18:48
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: New reg For Walnut 2008/02/07 16:52:32 (permalink)
okay the question I have is how good is the fishing at night?? has anyone ever had phenomenal sucess (and don't say you caught over 100 fish in a night cuz ill have to stand on my computer chair) at night?  I figured all the lanterns and such would shut the fish down, but personally ive never night fished for steelhead. 
centerpin_drift
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 205
RE: New reg For Walnut 2008/02/07 16:56:31 (permalink)
I guess agree to a point with you StillHead. But you also have to remember that even though their's no fishing permitted above the Manchester , and your still allowed to fish down below the bridge to the lake, their's still going to be idiots that can't read and still proceed to go too the Manchester to fish! I just feel going to cause more grief than good! So if you shut all the Tribs down at 10pm till 5am then their's no mistaking of o i didn't know, i didn't see any signs, when did that change, first i have heard about that. I know Still that would suck but hey when is life ever fair!

Centerpin_drift!~

Get the Drift !!!!!
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
RE: New reg For Walnut 2008/02/07 22:25:11 (permalink)
Changing conditions effect night fishing the same as daylight fishing. So how "good" it is depends on the conditions.   Sometimes you can  catch them at will, other times you wish you were sleeping, lol.  I don't use a lantern, I do think it effects the bite, but not necessarily stops the bite, just changes it. I've seen guys slam them in the bright light of lanterns. I always do best though if I avoid the lanterns and fish jigs in total darkness.   Lots of new things to learn about them in the dark. They will act and hold much differently at times.  For instance, this fall when the fish were stacked in the logs at elk, I can't tell you how many fish I caught two feet from the bank, before the line of ball waders came stomping in just before daylight.  When the water was low, all the flow that was in that stretch was on the bank everyone fished off of in 12 inches of water, those fish only layed over in the logs when people drove them over there.  Once everyone left they moved out to hold in the current in the shallow water.  A small glow float set 12 inches deep with any jig hamaareed the stelly's.

A flashlight/headlight is much easier to deal with and easier to see with than a lantern. I can't believe people still lug them around, oh well.
chasinrainbows
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 189
RE: New reg For Walnut 2008/02/08 01:17:29 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Loomis
all you have to do is get yourself some glow jigs, get away from the lanterns an you will be hooked for life.real easy to get a fish on every drift.
okay the question I have is how good is the fishing at night?? has anyone ever had phenomenal sucess (and don't say you caught over 100 fish in a night cuz ill have to stand on my computer chair) at night?  I figured all the lanterns and such would shut the fish down, but personally ive never night fished for steelhead. 
chasinrainbows
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 189
RE: New reg For Walnut 2008/02/08 01:21:05 (permalink)
spoon,
I understand the regs. all I said to doc was I dont agree that they shut the whole stream down .
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: