Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..426427428429430 > Showing page 427 of 430
Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4723
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 08:32:09 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
DarDys
It means your humble option about Limbaugh and Trump is like a fart — satisfying to you, but not appreciated by others who don’t care.

So....not much on the Socratic method then. Point taken.

I’m very into the Socratic method. Use it almost daily.

Not into anything, especially smears, loose, or presumed broad brush association — such as must think this way or that way based on a manufactured (typically by the media) grouping that fits a narrative. Americans by the definition of their cultural dimensions are independent, so lumping them into stereotypical groups based on presumed associations is just a lazy attempt to avoid meaningful, thoughtful, and respectful debate. Just like the media.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1063
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 08:33:35 (permalink)
I like those suggestions I will give them a tryLOL I would get a wood stove but there outlawed now because the trees give off CO2 and the saws are deemed a dangerous weapon so i will try the low voltage heattape !!
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 08:37:09 (permalink)
JerryS
Irisheyeball
DarDys
Irisheyeball
Rush Limbaugh is dead. While I was not a fan of his schtick, obviously many were. He was a talented entertainer and Pied Piper of sorts. I don’t think that his influence on GOP politics can be overstated. It was transformative, and, in my humble opinion, was as responsible for the election of Trump as any other single factor. Again, imho, electing Trump was nearly equivalent to electing Limbaugh.

Opinions, humble or not, are like butt holes — everybody has one. Some are just bigger than others.

As I stated many times before, didn’t care one iota for Trump the person (although I understand why he might be that way), but liked most of the policies. All without ever once listening to Limbaugh on the radio.

Painting with that broad of a brush is not a great way to do pinstripes.

That would be akin to folks thinking Cuomo is a great leader because they watch Lemon and little Cuomo on CNN.

If one is that influenced by the entertainment industry, and that is what cable news is, then they are not paying close enough attention to what is going on around them and their economy of one.

?

The irony of DarDys rant is Trump's career high point was "The Apprentice"

If you really think that, then either the media has brainwashed you to the point of no return; you are manipulated to hate, with no valid research; or need to change what research materials you use when forming an opinion.

As stated, don’t like the guy. But I understand his strategies. Read “Art of the Deal” to see how NYC politics on a local level can form ones MO, then see if you can make that same statement in an honest manner.

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2955
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 09:21:01 (permalink)
 Trees need carbon dioxide to survive and in return they produce oxygen that is needed for most life on earth. https://elemental.green/t...ng-stoves/  
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2008
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 10:53:51 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Well it took most of the day but ive finally got my solar panels cleaned off of the ice and snow and low and behold i feel some heat.My turbines are still frozen though must be that chinese quality control!!!!
https://news.yahoo.com/te...ack-fox-052453616.html
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 10:57:55 (permalink)

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8273
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 11:02:15 (permalink)
FishinGuy

Like the truth matters to many on here?  You should know better by now!
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2008
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 11:48:09 (permalink)
Porktown
FishinGuy

Like the truth matters to many on here?  You should know better by now!

Durr Durr durrr fake news blah blah. I know. Thats why I didn't bother trying to explain it to him. Conspiracy nuts gonna conspiracy nut.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 11:58:49 (permalink)
Wonder if Texas still wants to secede from the US now ? 
Get the good ole federal handouts ready .Biggest natural gas producing state and they are freezing ...welcome to our average cold winters ! 

I think those Jewish space satilight beams knocked all that power out ! 
post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2021/02/18 12:03:34
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 12:04:42 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Wonder if Texas still wants to secede from the US now ? 
Get the good ole federal handouts ready .Biggest natural gas producing state and they are freezing ...welcome to our average cold winters ! 

But it is all of the windmills and solar panels freezing over...  If nothing else, we will have a bunch of our sheep repeat our misinformation for a few days, then double down when the truth comes out.  

Maybe Cruz can lend some rope or concrete shoes to Abbott?  
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 345
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 12:09:59 (permalink)
DarDys
Irisheyeball
DarDys
It means your humble option about Limbaugh and Trump is like a fart — satisfying to you, but not appreciated by others who don’t care.

Not into anything, especially smears, loose, or presumed broad brush association — such as must think this way or that way based on a manufactured (typically by the media) grouping that fits a narrative. Americans by the definition of their cultural dimensions are independent, so lumping them into stereotypical groups based on presumed associations is just a lazy attempt to avoid meaningful, thoughtful, and respectful debate. Just like the media.

Ad hominem - an attack against the person rather than the position expressed- is most definitely not part of the Socratic Method. Maybe it’s true though, that all but you are mindless brainwashed slouches. You repeat that theme over and over. I expressed an opinion on Limbaugh’s huge influence on GOP politics and your response was to criticize me, going so far as to suggest that others don’t care to hear what I think. Am I misstating this? You know the kids these days, they have a term for this abortion of critical thought. They call it the cancel culture.

In the future, when you find yourself wanting to attack the person rather than the idea, well, maybe just put the device down.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 12:25:56 (permalink)
Didn’t attack you personally.

Did take offense at the opinion, which since you wrote it was yours, that lumped into a group those who supported Trump, the person (which I don’t); Trump policies (which I do for the most part); and Limbaugh (whom I’ve never listened to). So, from my POV, the opinion doesn’t fit.

Neither does the cancel culture label you are, through your opinion, trying to attach. I have never advocated canceling anyone. Do I choose to not watch, buy, read certain things, sure, but I do that personally, not via a social media campaign to silence. There is a huge difference between changing the channel and attempting to ruin another’s career or life.

MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1164
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 12:34:47 (permalink)
DarDys
Irisheyeball
DarDys

Yea man. People like Dardys ain’t no sheeple. They support a hideously divisive brand of Republican politics built on cultural grievances, lies, hypocrisy and ugly personal attacks because they are FREE THINKERS, not because that’s the worldview shoved down their throats by right wing media for 20+ years. The fact that you can draw a straight line from Limbaugh to Trump is just a COINCIDENCE.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 12:46:02 (permalink)
Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with family amid Texas power crisis
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 13:00:17 (permalink)
Man, that’s a bad look, and politically tone-deaf.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 13:19:35 (permalink)
Terrible optics. He should be up a power line pole with Glen Campbell fixing the problem. After all, he did minor in power line repair to go with his law degree.

But if getting your supporters to join you in raising money to bail out those arrested for arson during a mostly peaceful protest and one of those bailed out then physically assaults someone at another mainly peaceful protest doesn’t qualify as bad optics and leads to a residence in Blair House, is there really any such thing as bad optics at this point?
post edited by DarDys - 2021/02/18 14:00:14

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 14:06:12 (permalink)
MyWar
hideously divisive brand of Republican politics built on cultural grievances, lies, hypocrisy and ugly personal attacks 

No doubt, it is evident and disgusting what the GOP has turned into. 

But we can't pretend the Dems are free of pushing many polarizing plans.  $15/hr min. wage and respirations payments alone will force just about every independent and moderate Dem to vote for the GOP, ignoring the mess that comes with that party.  Many "mainstream" Democratic party ideas were considered far left whackoism 20 years ago.

Rush was definitely one of the pioneers of divisive politics, but you don't end up with many of these far left ideas as mainstream Democrat platforms without taking part in the divisive politics.  "They started it", isn't any different than "whataboutism".  
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2788
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 14:55:16 (permalink)
DarDys
Terrible optics. He should be up a power line pole with Glen Campbell fixing the problem. After all, he did minor in power line repair to go with his law degree.

But if getting your supporters to join you in raising money to bail out those arrested for arson during a mostly peaceful protest and one of those bailed out then physically assaults someone at another mainly peaceful protest doesn’t qualify as bad optics and leads to a residence in Blair House, is there really any such thing as bad optics at this point?

Honestly, just one time can the whataboutism take a backseat?

It's makes one look petty.... Tom Petty....
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2788
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 14:57:37 (permalink)
Wonder when Rush's Presidential Medal of Freedom will be on Ebay?? Jus ask'IN...
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 15:12:23 (permalink)
pensfan1
Wonder when Rush's Presidential Medal of Freedom will be on Ebay?? Jus ask'IN...

Not sure if the undeserved fake ones are worth much?
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 15:26:14 (permalink)
pensfan1
DarDys

Honestly, just one time can the whataboutism take a backseat?

It's makes one look petty.... Tom Petty....

You call it whataboutism. I call it hypocrisy. “What about” is only mentioned when the rules change depending on who it is. Kind of like when penalties were called when Mario (sorry, stopped watching hockey when he retired) was the target, but not called when it was some other player.

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 15:35:39 (permalink)
 Hey Glen Campbell bought a set of crazy asz lookin' porch furniture off me. Mario is a BIG ASZ in real life. That make a wish stuff is a front.
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 15:54:56 (permalink)
Tremendous guitar picker.

https://youtu.be/kboMSfPMLDs
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 15:59:00 (permalink)
And “A lineman for the County.”

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 16:27:13 (permalink)
 And one hell ov a shot. Except that time he shot the horse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs1U7U9sgXAt 
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2896
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 16:51:20 (permalink)
DarDys
... is there really any such thing as bad optics at this point?

You are correct...not after the "...grab her by the ****" incident.  It's all been down hill from there.  Kamala is just flipping bail for criminals like flipping hundos for eight balls and Cruz is just like "f-it, my power's off, Imma head to Mexico, Fox nation got my back"

Trumpers raised the bar on the "policy over morality" Optics Olympics when the President gave his locker room speech to the mob (coach one this time, not players) and then they marched down PA Ave to kill some cops and desecrate some seats of democracy.   

Yeah, nobody cares about optics anymore.  You hit that nail on the head
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 17:47:19 (permalink)
LDD
"...grab her by the ****" 

Biden isn't signing an EO making that illegal is he???  If so, if I put one in the stink, like a bowling ball, would that be legal?

Change is hard.  We really need to slow things down and use common sense.  Chicks like this kind of stuff.  At lease the ladies that I have been attracting on this site as of late!  Yeahh!!!!  

MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1164
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 19:23:45 (permalink)
Porktown
MyWar
hideously divisive brand of Republican politics built on cultural grievances, lies, hypocrisy and ugly personal attacks 

No doubt, it is evident and disgusting what the GOP has turned into. 

But we can't pretend the Dems are free of pushing many polarizing plans.  $15/hr min. wage and respirations payments alone will force just about every independent and moderate Dem to vote for the GOP, ignoring the mess that comes with that party.  Many "mainstream" Democratic party ideas were considered far left whackoism 20 years ago.

Rush was definitely one of the pioneers of divisive politics, but you don't end up with many of these far left ideas as mainstream Democrat platforms without taking part in the divisive politics.  "They started it", isn't any different than "whataboutism".  

Raising min wage is not “far left” or “radical” or whatever superlative you want to pin on it. It’s only “divisive” in American politics because right wing pigeons poisoned the debate. The minimum wage was $10.54 in 1968 (adjusted for inflation). It is at an all time low right now. A discussion about raising the minimum wage is not some far fetched nut job idea.

https://www.epi.org/publi...day-2019-minimum-wage/

Neither are discussions about climate change, increasing accessibility to healthcare, transitioning to green energy, investing in education, investing In infrastructure... these are the main tenets of even the “nuttiest” progressive Democrats like AOC and Bernie Sanders.

These are not “far left” ideas anywhere else in the western world, but they are in America because the Republican Party is so twisted and warped that they have even convinced resonable like you that $15 minimum wage is “radical”.

The “both sides-ism” is just a straight up false equivalence.
JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 177
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 19:59:22 (permalink)
DarDys

If you really think that, then either the media has brainwashed you to the point of no return; you are manipulated to hate, with no valid research; or need to change what research materials you use when forming an opinion.

I think one of your many theories applies here, the "opposite dog" theory.  lol

DarDys

As stated, don’t like the guy. But I understand his strategies. Read “Art of the Deal” to see how NYC politics on a local level can form ones MO, then see if you can make that same statement in an honest manner.

I chuckle over the common theme of many on here.  "Hate the guy, like his policies".  I've been around long enough to know you can't separate the two.  A man's character carries over in all aspects of his life.  If he is a racist, white nationalist, who cheats on three wives in his personal life, his business and political agendas will be reflect those same beliefs.  Although maybe those are the policies you like. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 20:47:39 (permalink)
Yeah, no it isn’t false. You know that I am not a right wing media zombie. I am an objective thinking person that knows there are many sides to every issue. Rarely a left or right proposal meets that of the majority.

$15/hr for national minimum wage is far left. As noted many times, I am all for a reasonable hike to the minimum wage. I posted the MIT study showing what a livable wage is. It varies drastically throughout the thousands of economies in our country. Trying to force what feels like a fair wage to your economy to the small businesses of other economies in this country would be a complete disaster. I would be all for Congress or others to do a study like MIT and find what the lowest livable wage in the country would be and raise to that figure. Adjust for inflation every year. Have a program if they would like to make it easier for states or counties to follow their formula to adjust for their economies. That MIT study showed the vast majority of our country’s many economies have a living wage similar to that $10/hr range you noted. Forcing small businesses that are likely paying close to that figure already, is one thing. Forcing small businesses in economies where $15/hr is more along the lines of someone 7-8 years of reliable labor, to pay everyone that would be crushing. You seem intelligent. I am not sure how you would not see this?

Not sure what you are saying about issues being the tenants of the most far left politicians, not being far left? You lost me there. When they are the main issues of the most extreme left, they in definition would be far left issues... I must be misunderstanding.

Is slavery reparations too hot of an issue for you? It evidently isn’t for the modern day Democratic Party, that isn’t going too far left... I am of mostly Slavic decent. My ancestors were slaves at the same time there were slaves here, which is where the name came from. They came over sharing the hay with livestock on boats. Lived in what were the slums of Pittsburgh and Columbus, OH, doing whatever they could to make a life, shoving 2-3 families in 2 bedroom apartments. They came here to meet up with many others like them from Italy, Scotland, Ireland, you name it, that were escaping famine, war or whatever. Many escaped enslavement or serfdom. Immigrants at that time were not treated much, if any better than the “freed” slaves of the north. I definitely believe white people have an advantage over black people in this country right now. There is definitely institutional racism. But the vast majority of people in this country were not ancestors of slave owners and the ones that are, likely aren’t seeing all that much wealth passed down from it. Add reparations to the average tax payer and there will be a lot more than institutional racism going on. We may be crossing the line already in the attempted force the end of confederate history (which I do believe has no business to be in public spaces), but many are far from me on that point. Force those people to pay part of their earnings to people directly, after many feel they already do in forms of welfare and others. Do we really not see the tipping point of the race war that a little too many are excited to see already. If $15/hr is a dumb idea, reparations is possibly a brain dead idea. If these payments are from companies or ultra wealthy that had heavy ties into slavery, have at it. When done there, let’s force it all around the world and get me some cash for my ancestors being forced into labor.
Page: << < ..426427428429430 > Showing page 427 of 430
Jump to: