Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..426427428429430 > Showing page 426 of 430
Author
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3672
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 07:33:19 (permalink)
JerryS
It's hard to believe but China leads the world in solar and wind energy production.

They better...and no matter how much "clean" energy they produce, it won't cancel out how much they pollute. 
China is also the worlds leader in cement and steel production......by a WIDE margin....and those are two of the most polluting industries there are and in China, they have even less pollution controls then the rest of the industrialized world.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-surge-in-chinas-steel-production-helps-to-fuel-record-high-co2-emissions

Covid helped lower everything in 2020 but things are ramping up rapidly again.  

Even under evil Trump, the US has seen our CO2 emissions decline, coal use decline and "green" energy production go up, albeit, at a much slower rate than the previous administration.  A rapid changeover, similar to what happened in TX, is not the way to go unless......nuclear is the choice for the clean energy and not windmills and solar panels. 
Just the foot print along for these renewables takes away LOTS of acreage and couple that with them not being 100% reliable.  They need to stay in the "supplement" lane which still helps tremendously when their efficiency can be maximized but, you can't rely on them to operate at high efficiency all the time when you depend on mother nature. 
You still need to have a highly reliable backbone of infrastructure available when required via NG plants, cleaner coal and/or nuclear to keep the lights on when windmills are frozen or solar panels are covered in snow and ice.  

TX was hit extra hard this time since early winter is the timeframe many units go down for yearly maintenance since it is typically the lower capacity time of the year.  It was definitely a "snowball" of events that is causing the rolling blackouts in TX.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2960
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 08:13:37 (permalink)
MyWar
I like how Joe Biden is just... giving aid to Texas because there is a disaster and people need help. No games. No hesitation because Texas went red, or because dirtbags like Ted Cruz have repeatedly voted against federal disaster aid for others. No public shaming or childish Twitter posts.

It’s so nice to simply have a normal, functional federal government again, that is run by adults capable of making non partisan decisions during a crisis. I totally forgot what that was like.

You mean the same Biden who thinks CCP genocide of the Uyghur's is just a cultural norm. What a clown show you are.

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1063
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 08:36:45 (permalink)
My windturbine(from China) isn't working this mourning But Alas the the sun is shining so my solar  panels should work after I get the snow and ice off of them LOL
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8274
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 08:49:27 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
JerryS
It's hard to believe but China leads the world in solar and wind energy production.

They better...and no matter how much "clean" energy they produce, it won't cancel out how much they pollute. 
China is also the worlds leader in cement and steel production......by a WIDE margin....and those are two of the most polluting industries there are and in China, they have even less pollution controls then the rest of the industrialized world.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-surge-in-chinas-steel-production-helps-to-fuel-record-high-co2-emissions

Covid helped lower everything in 2020 but things are ramping up rapidly again.  

Even under evil Trump, the US has seen our CO2 emissions decline, coal use decline and "green" energy production go up, albeit, at a much slower rate than the previous administration.  A rapid changeover, similar to what happened in TX, is not the way to go unless......nuclear is the choice for the clean energy and not windmills and solar panels. 
Just the foot print along for these renewables takes away LOTS of acreage and couple that with them not being 100% reliable.  They need to stay in the "supplement" lane which still helps tremendously when their efficiency can be maximized but, you can't rely on them to operate at high efficiency all the time when you depend on mother nature. 
You still need to have a highly reliable backbone of infrastructure available when required via NG plants, cleaner coal and/or nuclear to keep the lights on when windmills are frozen or solar panels are covered in snow and ice.  

TX was hit extra hard this time since early winter is the timeframe many units go down for yearly maintenance since it is typically the lower capacity time of the year.  It was definitely a "snowball" of events that is causing the rolling blackouts in TX.

Interesting source, Carbon Brief itself was made to address the Climategate populous.  Try sifting through some of their other articles.  You may find that site to be very in line with MyWar's talking points.  I mean, it is a peer reviewed scientific publication, relying on facts.  Please feel free to post some of their other articles about how humans are/are not contributing to global warming, which is causing more drastic climate changes.

Natural gas and oil are going nowhere soon.  Natural gas especially will keep seeing this boom it is on for a while.  It is a relatively clean source for electric generation plants.  It is also the primary way of making hydrogen, which is needed for fuel cells.  Coal likely will be cut, more due to the abundance of natural gas and the way those pesky lying scientists have been able to figure out ways to use it (i.e. lie about coal).  But no doubt, within 50 years or so, there will be advances on making coal a cleaner source or figuring out how to use it in ways that aren't feasible right now.  I definitely feel for those coal towns that are going to be even more hit.  They aren't just completely pulling the plug on coal, it will be phased out.  I don't recall the government forcing us to keep using cassettes when CDs were a better option or lan line telephones when cell phones became available.  Thousands of jobs lost with technology changes in those industries.  My hope would be for federal incentives for these hard hit areas to attract other businesses or federal grants to those states most effected to attract new industries to those areas.    

Chevron and BP have invested heavily in geothermal developments.  There are other energy companies, beyond the big oil names that are investing even more heavily.  They know they have a finite resource that they would like to stretch as long as possible and have a business after as well.  For those that keep looking back on 1950s and 1960s "global cooling" science, should maybe also look back to that time span of allowing industry to self regulate on pollution.  Not sure if we want our streams to glow orange and lifeless or our air to be visible?  Do yourself a favor and sift through Eye's source www.carbonbrief.org  and search what they have to say about global warming, cooling, etc.  Then brush it off as a hoax, since it is cold outside.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1164
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 09:12:30 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
..nuclear is the choice for the clean energy and not windmills and solar panels. 

I don’t entirely disagree about nuclear energy. It gets left out of this discussion and it should probably be part of the equation in some circumstances.

There are a couple problems with it though-

First of all the entry costs are very high; existing nuclear energy infrastructure is old and needs to be replaced. So that means if the US was going to heavily rely on nuclear power it would require an investment in building new plants, which would be expensive (there is a similar problem with “clean coal too btw).

Second, nuclear power isn’t a good supplemental source either. Generally speaking, only the traditional fossil fuel powered plants are capable of firing up quickly and providing supplemental power when wind/solar/whatever is supplying insufficient power to the grid.

Nuclear power can be cleaner than fossil fuels, no doubt. But it doesn’t really solve any problems, and there is always the question about safety.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 09:16:10 (permalink)
EMitch
MyWar
Exactly. Not only is there a tremendous body of scientific evidence that supports the idea that human activity is a significant driver in climate change, but weather like this TX cold snap are clearly part of a pattern of extreme weather events which are predicted by climate change.

The evidence is staring us right in the face, it’s plain as day, and it happens again and again... but yet the brainwashed LEFT wing pigeons just double down over and over. It’s astonishing.

There is also a tremendous body of evidence, (some of it from NASA, no less) and thousands of other scientists who say it ain't so. In the sixties and early seventies, your type tried to scare us with Global Cooling. Then in the nineties and early 2000s it became Global Warming. Now, simply because it is WEATHER, and there ain't a friggin' thing you can do about it, you call it Climate Change. Ok, I guess you can't be wrong hangin' that moniker on it.

How about you link some of that “evidence”?
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 09:43:05 (permalink)
Global warming is a scientific fact, supported by possibly 99.9999% of scientists, and the rest of us that can read recorded temperatures over a length of time.  Greenhouse gasses, whether produced by humans AND nature are a driving factor of the warming, is scientific fact.  Hopefully most of us agree on this.

Graphs are from NASA, since a reliably conservative member of our forum mentioned them, hopefully not considered biased. - https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/  

The debate is how much are the human additions of said gasses effecting this total.  Also, is this warming causing major swings in the weather.  This is the "Climate Change" debate.

The addition of said gasses has been extraordinary since the beginning of the industrial revolution and growing every year since.  Some say it is from volcanos and other natural sources.  But how does that explain this extraordinary rise?  Has there really been that much seismic activity in the past 150 years to explain such a bump?

It is not an all or nothing theory, which I know many on here have an issue with that concept.

Was this/these particular cold weather event(s) that TX had, specifically caused by the additional human produced greenhouse gasses?  No one can definitively say “yes” to that, so I guess no smoking gun, vindication!!!

The vast majority of scientists are pointing towards the global temperature rising, being the cause of chain reaction events, like now. 

The polar winds usually encase the polar air that is reaching down to TX.  Many point to temperature rises altering the jet stream and disrupting these winds, allowing the air to escape. There have definitely been cases of it happening before.  But when you add that to the other extreme weather events, that we have seen, happening more frequently in recent time than on record, it is alarming.

There are more and more powerful storms in recent years than on record, partially due to rising ocean temperature causing easier evaporation to feed these monster storms.  There are more major wildfires that spread from the more powerful Santa Anna and other winds which scientists have linked to warming. 

The vast majority of scientists that study climate, feel that humans are causing the extraordinary amounts of greenhouse gasses, that is making the overall global temperature change, in turn causing more of these dramatic weather events. Obviously not all. This is not an all or nothing matter, just like Covid. You can either side with where 95%+ of experts of the field are, or you don’t. There is a definitive pattern of one of the major parties to go more and more into the dismissing of the 95%+ side. Those that follow lock and step...

https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/
post edited by Porktown - 2021/02/17 10:55:41

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 395
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 11:39:24 (permalink)
psu_fish
MyWar
I like how Joe Biden is just... giving aid to Texas because there is a disaster and people need help. No games. No hesitation because Texas went red, or because dirtbags like Ted Cruz have repeatedly voted against federal disaster aid for others. No public shaming or childish Twitter posts.

It’s so nice to simply have a normal, functional federal government again, that is run by adults capable of making non partisan decisions during a crisis. I totally forgot what that was like.

You mean the same Biden who thinks CCP genocide of the Uyghur's is just a cultural norm. What a clown show you are.

Classic "whataboutism". 

I like how you brand yourself with the PSU logo, and you're calling people "clown show"? Seriously? 

Where's pensfan?
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 11:45:23 (permalink)
psu_fish
MyWar

“But but but what about this... but but but but what about that...”

According to John Bolton, Trump said that chinas position on Uighur concentration camps was “exactly the right thing to do”.

https://www.businessinsid...mp-xinjiang-2020-6?amp

No matter what kind of whataboutism game you want to play, Trump will have said something worse. Guaranteed.

Trump waited until June 2020 to do anything about Uighur genocide because his trade deal was more important than human rights. So please GTFO.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 12:44:15 (permalink)
MyWar
psu_fish
MyWar

According to John Bolton, Trump said that chinas position on Uighur concentration camps was “exactly the right thing to do”.

No matter what kind of whataboutism game you want to play, Trump will have said something worse. Guaranteed.

Trump waited until June 2020 to do anything about Uighur genocide because his trade deal was more important than human rights. So please GTFO.

LOL there he is, the know it all on a fishing forum, that never posts about fishing, only Trump and GOP. 100% sure you are miserable with yourself, never married or divorced and working a dead end job, so you lash out on a regional fishing forum. Bravo!!!
psu_fish
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 12:57:03 (permalink)
DeadGator401
psu_fish
MyWar

Classic "whataboutism". 

I like how you brand yourself with the PSU logo, and you're calling people "clown show"? Seriously? 

Where's pensfan?

Watching reruns of Dear old State beating Pitt in football and cussing at the tv
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 345
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 13:27:59 (permalink)
Rush Limbaugh is dead. While I was not a fan of his schtick, obviously many were. He was a talented entertainer and Pied Piper of sorts. I don’t think that his influence on GOP politics can be overstated. It was transformative, and, in my humble opinion, was as responsible for the election of Trump as any other single factor. Again, imho, electing Trump was nearly equivalent to electing Limbaugh.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 13:56:18 (permalink)
psu_fish
MyWar
psu_fish
MyWar

LOL there he is, the know it all on a fishing forum, that never posts about fishing, only Trump and GOP. 100% sure you are miserable with yourself, never married or divorced and working a dead end job, so you lash out on a regional fishing forum. Bravo!!!

You’re the one getting personal here, chief. Attacking somebody’s beliefs or their ideas is not the same as attacking them personally. Sounds like you need to learn the difference.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4723
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 14:26:58 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
Rush Limbaugh is dead. While I was not a fan of his schtick, obviously many were. He was a talented entertainer and Pied Piper of sorts. I don’t think that his influence on GOP politics can be overstated. It was transformative, and, in my humble opinion, was as responsible for the election of Trump as any other single factor. Again, imho, electing Trump was nearly equivalent to electing Limbaugh.

Opinions, humble or not, are like butt holes — everybody has one. Some are just bigger than others.

As I stated many times before, didn’t care one iota for Trump the person (although I understand why he might be that way), but liked most of the policies. All without ever once listening to Limbaugh on the radio.

Painting with that broad of a brush is not a great way to do pinstripes.

That would be akin to folks thinking Cuomo is a great leader because they watch Lemon and little Cuomo on CNN.

If one is that influenced by the entertainment industry, and that is what cable news is, then they are not paying close enough attention to what is going on around them and their economy of one.
post edited by DarDys - 2021/02/17 15:40:01

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 15:12:35 (permalink)
DarDys

Opinions, humble or not, are like butt holes — everybody has one. Sine are just bigger than others.

Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway, bigger?
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2788
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 15:37:35 (permalink)
psu_fish
DeadGator401
psu_fish
MyWar

Classic "whataboutism". 

Where's pensfan?

Watching reruns of Dear old State beating Pitt in football and cussing at the tv

Better than reading through the Sandusky Daycare Handbook.. jus say'IN

#creepyvalley #joeknew
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1063
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 15:46:44 (permalink)
Well it took most of the day but ive finally got my solar panels cleaned off of the ice and snow and low and behold i feel some heat.My turbines are still frozen though must be that chinese quality control!!!!
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 395
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 15:53:27 (permalink)
pensfan1
psu_fish
DeadGator401
psu_fish
MyWar

Classic "whataboutism". 

Where's pensfan?

Better than reading through the Sandusky Daycare Handbook.. jus say'IN

#creepyvalley #joeknew

there he is
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 16:22:26 (permalink)
DarDys
Irisheyeball

Opinions, humble or not, are like butt holes — everybody has one. Some are just bigger than others.

As I stated many times before, didn’t care one iota for Trump the person (although I understand why he might be that way), but liked most of the policies. All without ever once listening to Limbaugh on the radio.

That would be akin to folks thinking Cuomo is a great leader because they watch Lemon and little Cuomo on CNN.

If one is that influenced by the entertainment industry, and that is what cable news is, then they are not paying close enough attention to what is going on around them and their economy of one.

?
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4723
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 16:54:35 (permalink)
It means your humble option about Limbaugh and Trump is like a fart — satisfying to you, but not appreciated by others who don’t care.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 17:42:24 (permalink)
DarDys
It means your humble option about Limbaugh and Trump is like a fart — satisfying to you, but not appreciated by others who don’t care.

So....not much on the Socratic method then. Point taken.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 18:15:26 (permalink)
Irisheyeball

Limbaugh got rich spewing lies, sowing discord, and turning the people in this country against each other.

I don’t revel in his death. But he did say that smoking isn’t detrimental to your health and now he’s dead from lung cancer, so I can at least appreciate the irony in that.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 18:42:00 (permalink)
I always appreciate a good fart from others, unless it smells too awful. The sound is by far the most humorous natural sound. Who doesn’t snicker at a tastefully timed toot from the turd cutter horn? Obviously there are times that they aren’t called for and unfortunately times they aren’t so rewarding...
JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 177
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 20:23:47 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
DarDys
Irisheyeball

?

The irony of DarDys rant is Trump's career high point was "The Apprentice"
post edited by JerryS - 2021/02/17 20:25:39
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3672
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 20:47:29 (permalink)
Interesting that Rush got his start in the Pittsburgh area, mckeesport to be exact.
RIP
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 20:58:44 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Interesting that Rush got his start in the Pittsburgh area, mckeesport to be exact.
RIP

The McKeesport part explains why he left...
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2955
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 07:29:16 (permalink)
 First it was the church halting inventions then the oil industry. Come on Man! Mars landing later today  
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/18 07:33:51
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 07:53:41 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Well it took most of the day but ive finally got my solar panels cleaned off of the ice and snow and low and behold i feel some heat.My turbines are still frozen though must be that chinese quality control!!!!  

I would upgrade to getting low voltage heat tape installed, not a brain sizzler. Heck a 100 watt light bulb doesn't get warm and last for years these days. Many electrical household items will be cordless and buy yourself a woodstove in the near future. hoPe tiS helPZ 

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 08:25:23 (permalink)
 Also can make a good bit ov electric by just doin this and look good naked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tobszHRGRQg 
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/02/18 08:45:17
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2896
Re: Trump... 2021/02/18 08:28:38 (permalink)
DarDys

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
                                                                                        - Mark Twain
Page: << < ..426427428429430 > Showing page 426 of 430
Jump to: