Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..421422423424425.. > >> Showing page 425 of 430
Author
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1063
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2021/02/15 17:19:50 (permalink)
Its a real mess down there with the energy and power problems it really should be a wake up call to the green new deal folks who want to end fossil fuel use and use solar,wind,ect.Imagine if that was now all over the country and every one came home from work and had to plug in there electric car also gee they wouldn't even be able to charge their cell phones(maybe a good thing)I wonder does AOC and bunch actually know were electricity comes fromIm guessing its coal maybe they should be told. Im not saying abandon efforts for renewables but do it sensibily with the knowledge its going to take quite awhile before its affordable and effecient for general use. Im sure the resident guru know all things will fill us in on this subject so have at it
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1164
Re: Trump... 2021/02/15 17:36:29 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Its a real mess down there with the energy and power problems it really should be a wake up call to the green new deal folks who want to end fossil fuel use and use solar,wind,ect.Imagine if that was now all over the country and every one came home from work and had to plug in there electric car also

Imagine walking head first into the point hard enough to give yourself a concussion, and still not seeing it.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/15 17:39:35 (permalink)
See i knew it wouldn't take long!!
BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1952
Re: Trump... 2021/02/15 20:16:41 (permalink)
How about solar electric cars? Ne need to plug in. Go grocery shoppin on sunny days. Stay home on cloudy days.

BH
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/15 21:12:54 (permalink)
ICE NUT
See i knew it wouldn't take long!!

Hey did you know that Texas has its own electric grid because of their long history of trying to stay out of reach of federal regulators?

https://www.texastribune....ve-its-own-power-grid/

But now they have a climate and power emergency, they are gonna come around and ask the federal government to bail them out. It’s funny how that works.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3672
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 08:44:22 (permalink)
Ok, so where in that article does it say they are asking FERC for assistance?  maybe I missed it....
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 10:39:27 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Its a real mess down there with the energy and power problems it really should be a wake up call to the green new deal folks who want to end fossil fuel use and use solar,wind,ect.Imagine if that was now all over the country and every one came home from work and had to plug in there electric car also gee they wouldn't even be able to charge their cell phones(maybe a good thing)I wonder does AOC and bunch actually know were electricity comes fromIm guessing its coal maybe they should be told. Im not saying abandon efforts for renewables but do it sensibily with the knowledge its going to take quite awhile before its affordable and effecient for general use. Im sure the resident guru know all things will fill us in on this subject so have at it

I completely agree that some calling for an abrupt end of fossil fuels is insane.  Biden's plan is not the same as AOC and the Green New Deal folks.  But we all know it depends where you get your info from, of what YOU THINK his plan actually is... 

If energy sector stocks sky rocketing since November is any indication that Biden is going to crush the sector, then he has fooled every energy sector analyst.  I have no issues at all in planning and implementing actions to make the transition that I have heard.  I plan on being on this rock another 40 years and my kids and possibly grandkids being here when we run out of fossil fuels.  So, like everything else in this world for me, my kids come first.  If that means an extra 20 cents per gallon on gas, to help make renewables more and more affordable and efficient for general use as well as stretches the amount of time gas is still available, I am on board.  By no means am I on board of abrupt ends, I am pretty sure ExxonMobil, Conoco Phillips and other energy stocks would reflect in the opposite direction if this were true.  But I know logical thought process doesn't always work in this world we live in.

Most environmental scientists feel that our use of fossil fuels is at least partially, many say mostly, the cause of the extreme weather that we are experiencing.  I would think that they all would respond to your "this is a wake up call", with yes, this should be a wake up call...  Texas shouldn't be hit with multiple ice and snow storms, enough to cause rolling blackouts.  That is only one of many examples of recent years that scientists have tied to human activity.  Which I am assuming is what MyWar was noting.
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8323
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 10:40:30 (permalink)
And the blue coolaid drinkers keep their eyes closed

JM2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1004
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 11:14:27 (permalink)
It's like a propane refrigerator. Burn some fossil fuel, and Texas freezes up. 
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 12:02:13 (permalink)
Porktown
ICE NUT

I completely agree that some calling for an abrupt end of fossil fuels is insane.  Biden's plan is not the same as AOC and the Green New Deal folks.  But we all know it depends where you get your info from, of what YOU THINK his plan actually is... 

If energy sector stocks sky rocketing since November is any indication that Biden is going to crush the sector, then he has fooled every energy sector analyst.  I have no issues at all in planning and implementing actions to make the transition that I have heard.  I plan on being on this rock another 40 years and my kids and possibly grandkids being here when we run out of fossil fuels.  So, like everything else in this world for me, my kids come first.  If that means an extra 20 cents per gallon on gas, to help make renewables more and more affordable and efficient for general use as well as stretches the amount of time gas is still available, I am on board.  By no means am I on board of abrupt ends, I am pretty sure ExxonMobil, Conoco Phillips and other energy stocks would reflect in the opposite direction if this were true.  But I know logical thought process doesn't always work in this world we live in.

Most environmental scientists feel that our use of fossil fuels is at least partially, many say mostly, the cause of the extreme weather that we are experiencing.  I would think that they all would respond to your "this is a wake up call", with yes, this should be a wake up call...  Texas shouldn't be hit with multiple ice and snow storms, enough to cause rolling blackouts.  That is only one of many examples of recent years that scientists have tied to human activity.  Which I am assuming is what MyWar was noting.

Come on Pork...I thought you would know better than to feed into this false narrative.
Texas has had severe cold snaps/storms for as long as the records go back and they tend to hit very severely ever 2 or 3 decades, even back into the 1800's....

The 1983 freeze in Texas was particularly bad as it caused a very large fish kill up and down the TX coast.

https://texasalmanac.com/topics/environment/significant-weather-1700s-and-1800s

But to blame this current event and the rolling blackouts on human activity...well, at least as it pertains to the climate...that is quite the stretch. 

It is directly tied to human activity in that there are a heck of a lot more people in TX these days and humans require more electricity on a daily basis than ever before....Texas has A LOT of homes/businesses run off of strictly electric.  But please don't blame this "cold snap" on climate change.......

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 12:20:40 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

Come on Pork...I thought you would know better than to feed into this false narrative.
Texas has had severe cold snaps/storms for as long as the records go back and they tend to hit very severely ever 2 or 3 decades, even back into the 1800's....

The 1983 freeze in Texas was particularly bad as it caused a very large fish kill up and down the TX coast.

But to blame this current event and the rolling blackouts on human activity...well, at least as it pertains to the climate...that is quite the stretch. 

It is directly tied to human activity in that there are a heck of a lot more people in TX these days and humans require more electricity on a daily basis than ever before....Texas has A LOT of homes/businesses run off of strictly electric.  But please don't blame this "cold snap" on climate change.......

Let me get this straight.  You/IceNut post something about the massive power loss in Texas and at the very least, you insinuate that it is either due to a plan that Biden hasn't even rolled out yet or is somehow going to get worse with his plan.  IceNut goes even further that it is causing some major energy sector meltdown, yet every key player in that sector is enjoying the "Biden Bump", some might even say more than the S&P average.  I note that most scientists agree that human action has significantly contributed to severe weather swings, much like this one that actually caused said power outages.  Not blaming any one thing, although it seems the cult has to be unless it is 100% it equals 0%.  95%+ of the scientific community has stated plenty of times.  Cult math, 5% > 95%.  Hopefully one day some on here can escape the cult and think on your own again.

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2896
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 12:26:04 (permalink)
Here's a good summary of ERCOT (Texas Power Grid)...The Texplaner says:

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/energy-environment/2021/02/15/391519/why-does-texas-have-its-own-power-grid/

edit***
Maybe Texas can get some of that south of the border energy!
post edited by LDD - 2021/02/16 12:27:51
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 12:47:12 (permalink)
Porktown
eyesandgillz

Let me get this straight.  You/IceNut post something about the massive power loss in Texas and at the very least, you insinuate that it is either due to a plan that Biden hasn't even rolled out yet or is somehow going to get worse with his plan.  IceNut goes even further that it is causing some major energy sector meltdown, yet every key player in that sector is enjoying the "Biden Bump", some might even say more than the S&P average.  I note that most scientists agree that human action has significantly contributed to severe weather swings, much like this one that actually caused said power outages.  Not blaming any one thing, although it seems the cult has to be unless it is 100% it equals 0%.  95%+ of the scientific community has stated plenty of times.  Cult math, 5% > 95%.  Hopefully one day some on here can escape the cult and think on your own again.

Exactly. Not only is there a tremendous body of scientific evidence that supports the idea that human activity is a significant driver in climate change, but weather like this TX cold snap are clearly part of a pattern of extreme weather events which are predicted by climate change.

These extreme weather events will continue to tax our infrastructure, our electric grid, our communications system, our housing stock, etc... and instead of doing something to prepare for these very real threats, republicans will throw billions of dollars into a wall and obsess about imaginary threats like hordes of immigrants and antifa. Meanwhile the real threats are from disease, inadequate access to healthcare, and failing infrastructure.

The evidence is staring us right in the face, it’s plain as day, and it happens again and again... but yet the brainwashed right wing pigeons just double down over and over. It’s astonishing.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 14:42:46 (permalink)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So....before there was HUMAN global warming....and Texas was seeing these SAME types of extreme weather events, it was still HUMAN caused global warming?   ummmm....k.....

Pork, you are making quite large leaps with your last post....I never said anything about Biden.....nor did I infer it.  I do think it would be foolish to depend on "green" energy alone, and what is happening in TX right now is case in point.  

And you can keep falling back to the "cult" and "orange man is bad" jabs but that is barking up the wrong tree....

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 14:58:36 (permalink)
Pork, when did I insinuate anything just stated its a mess what plan are u talking about? All I said was its a wake up call to go slowly with energy policies that may or not work. Biden isn't calling the shots his left wing base is they just inform him where he's at and what day of the week it is. I care about my kids and grandkids too just like you and I don't want to see them freeze to death down the road so some NY bartender her her ilk brainwashes an demented old mind that were in imminent danger of the world coming to an end b/c of climate change.your 20cent a gallon maybe you better recalculate that it went up more than that this week and soon way up maybe 4 maybe 5 dollars I can imagine from some of the post most on here can afford that but some of us are retired and it would hurt ,not to mention the utility bills that would go up along with everything else related to energy. I really don't appreciate the name calling now im a right wing nut job brainwashed to boot.Awhile back I was called a false Patriot  whats next. Maybe a partiallly senile old man but none of the above just different views .
JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 177
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 15:16:09 (permalink)
I look at it this way.  If reducing our carbon footprint actually slows climate change, we win.  If reducing our carbon footprint does nothing for the climate, we still win since we leave our grandchildren with a cleaner earth.  With the world population growing exponentially we will eventually run out of fossil fuels.  Lets be proactive instead of selfish.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 15:26:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby psu_fish 2021/02/16 16:04:15
Jerry you are correct as long as rest of the world follows suit namely China, India, ect.If they don't that cleaner planet you envision will be just a pipe dream. 
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 15:27:18 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So....before there was HUMAN global warming....and Texas was seeing these SAME types of extreme weather events, it was still HUMAN caused global warming?   ummmm....k.....

Pork, you are making quite large leaps with your last post....I never said anything about Biden.....nor did I infer it.  I do think it would be foolish to depend on "green" energy alone, and what is happening in TX right now is case in point.  

And you can keep falling back to the "cult" and "orange man is bad" jabs but that is barking up the wrong tree....

Republican voters were a brainwashed cult before Trump came along. Trump doesn’t have the patience or the work ethic required to create anything, he just slaps his name on stuff, whether it’s a steak, or a scam university, or a political party.

Right wing media has been pushing the same fallacious arguments against climate change for decades, long before Trump. They’ve convinced people like you that hundreds, maybe thousands of scientists, who have studied the climate for decades are all wrong. But Sean Hannity on the other hand, *really gets it*.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 15:42:46 (permalink)
Hey Know it all it hasn't been just brainwashed republicans for decades there's been a few democrat administrations involved in doing nothing about climate change also don't you think I mean you seem to have all the answers.I don't see Biden riding around in a prius,or john kerry not flying around in his private jets I guess it just applies to the regular people huh.How big was Big Al Gores mansion??? Isn't he the big democrat band leader of climate change?
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 15:52:10 (permalink)
Just looked up about Big Al Gores estates he has a few 1 is 6500 sq feet with 6 bedrooms ,9 bathrooms lg pool and pool house along with 6 fireplaces. His other estate is a mere 10070 sq foot house and was reported to have used 21 times more energy that the average american house in the past year. Just  a little hypocrisy wouldn,t you say i think he is a democrat correct.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 15:59:18 (permalink)
Eyes - My response might be referring more to IceNut on the large leap of inferring it was about Biden.  After I get into some of these conversations, I have a habit of wrongly lumping my replies to multiple people together.

I agree that it would be foolish to depend on green alone, which I noted to IceNut, which is not Biden's policy.  Again like I said, it really depends on where you are getting your info of what you or I think his policy is.  He had a framework when running for POTUS, which was not at all dependent on green only as you are noting.  His actual policy may veer far from his campaign framework, if it does, then you got me.  If it were even close to that though, the energy sector stocks would be at all time lows not all time highs, no?

Good people who should know better, that deny either undeniable factual evidence and/or the vast majority of scientific community agreeing on the evidence is pointing in certain directions to shield their group's positions or leader, is pretty darn culty, if not the actual definition of a cult. 

When the vast majority of those that study a specific science for a living come to a common conclusion, most people tend to take what they say as "most likely".  When a slight minority come to the opposite conclusion, I tend to take what they say as "very doubtful".  Which I think would be the consensus of most people that do not deny science.    

When a group is told by others, that don't happen to be experts in these fields, that the experts in those fields that came back with the "most likely" are lying, would you not find that to be a bit strange?  When they do it repeatedly in an effort to support their leader, maybe cultish?

The common defense that we hear here or anywhere this topic is brought up, "they get funded by the government, so they lie about it"...  These people, who are among the smartest people on the planet (at least book smart) are going to all gang up and lie?  Being some of the smartest people, most if not all, are in science to discover the truth about things, would go completely against what they trained to do, for what?  Human effects on global warming, for what?  Like ExxonMobil, Ford, Toyota or other wouldn't pay them double what they are making, "to tell the truth"?  Lie about the amount of crude oil left in the earth, why?  Lie about corona virus being more infectious than the flu and make up M's of cases or M's of deaths around the entire world, for what?  Lie about the election and able to hide all of the evidence?  Lie about the deep state and able to hide all of he evidence, for what?    
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 16:04:43 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Just looked up about Big Al Gores estates he has a few 1 is 6500 sq feet with 6 bedrooms ,9 bathrooms lg pool and pool house along with 6 fireplaces. His other estate is a mere 10070 sq foot house and was reported to have used 21 times more energy that the average american house in the past year. Just  a little hypocrisy wouldn,t you say i think he is a democrat correct.

Can't deny this.  There are definitely some (especially politicians) that will figure out a way to make money of of things and be completely hypocritical about what they "are fighting so hard for", with their actions.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 16:57:02 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Jerry you are correct as long as rest of the world follows suit namely China, India, ect.If they don't that cleaner planet you envision will be just a pipe dream. 

This is where strong relations with allies comes into play.  If China/India doesn't want to play by the same rules, then every market in a pact closes their markets to their junk factories.  China/India has the ability to hold off our trade embargos, they don't have the ability to hold off all of our ally's trade embargos.   
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 18:08:48 (permalink)
ICE NUT

So what??? What is this even supposed to mean? Al Gore isn’t in government anymore. Hasn’t been for 20 years. The fact that he lives in a big house has absolutely nothing to do with a debate about climate change. Try again.
JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 177
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 18:09:03 (permalink)
It's hard to believe but China leads the world in solar and wind energy production.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 18:41:55 (permalink)
I like how Joe Biden is just... giving aid to Texas because there is a disaster and people need help. No games. No hesitation because Texas went red, or because dirtbags like Ted Cruz have repeatedly voted against federal disaster aid for others. No public shaming or childish Twitter posts.

It’s so nice to simply have a normal, functional federal government again, that is run by adults capable of making non partisan decisions during a crisis. I totally forgot what that was like.
post edited by MyWar - 2021/02/16 18:50:06
JM2
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/16 19:10:51 (permalink)
Ignorance is bliss. Your masters know you. Only they tell you what to hate, and when to hate it. Only they tell you what to like, and when to like it. Enjoy your normal existence.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 395
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 00:59:42 (permalink)
MyWar
I like how Joe Biden is just... giving aid to Texas because there is a disaster and people need help. No games. No hesitation because Texas went red, or because dirtbags like Ted Cruz have repeatedly voted against federal disaster aid for others. No public shaming or childish Twitter posts.

It’s so nice to simply have a normal, functional federal government again, that is run by adults capable of making non partisan decisions during a crisis. I totally forgot what that was like.

Yep, having an emotionally mature and intelligent human combo in charge has been pretty great. A focus on the global pandemic has been nothing short of amazing. 
JM2
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 02:14:18 (permalink)
Said CNN.
EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 800
Re: Trump... 2021/02/17 06:42:35 (permalink)
MyWar
Exactly. Not only is there a tremendous body of scientific evidence that supports the idea that human activity is a significant driver in climate change, but weather like this TX cold snap are clearly part of a pattern of extreme weather events which are predicted by climate change.

The evidence is staring us right in the face, it’s plain as day, and it happens again and again... but yet the brainwashed LEFT wing pigeons just double down over and over. It’s astonishing.

There is also a tremendous body of evidence, (some of it from NASA, no less) and thousands of other scientists who say it ain't so. In the sixties and early seventies, your type tried to scare us with Global Cooling. Then in the nineties and early 2000s it became Global Warming. Now, simply because it is WEATHER, and there ain't a friggin' thing you can do about it, you call it Climate Change. Ok, I guess you can't be wrong hangin' that moniker on it.

If you agree with the Progressive Democrats, that's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech and racism.
Page: << < ..421422423424425.. > >> Showing page 425 of 430
Jump to: