Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..416417418419420.. > >> Showing page 420 of 430
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7818
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2021/01/16 23:57:24 (permalink)
Gas prices have gone up at least 25-30 cents/gallon in the past 2 months, at least locally here. Not all that noticeable when going from $2.02 to $2.32. I’m not about to complain about $2.32. But just noticed the jump myself (even more noticeable since I had work travel in OH and WV last week), but do remember the local stations right at $2, but didn’t seem to want to go under $2. Not sure if a good sign or not that it is going up, without skyrocketing. Most of the time, high gas prices are associated with people using a lot of gas. OPEC nonsense, weather and other supply chain disruptions and the switching of summer and winter blends always seem to shift prices. Subsidies to big oil helps too. But that hasn’t changed in the last two months. My guess is something to do with holiday travel. I’ve been on these boards for way too long. But have heard exactly what I said from the most conservative members when gas prices were through the roof during W’s term. But the economy was rolling and just about everyone, including the lowest earners were traveling. Unfortunately the economy collapsed and gas prices followed.

Demand is not always there. For those that need to drive 10-15 miles to the closest store, obviously always a need. People are not traveling like they usually do and not even close. 1/3 or whatever of the country is making a daily commute from their bedroom to their spare bedroom or wherever in their house they are working from home. Easily half as much travel to clients for me this year than average.
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 978
Re: Trump... 2021/01/17 08:39:45 (permalink)
Double post
post edited by MyWar - 2021/01/17 08:42:28
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/17 08:41:00 (permalink)
The low current gas prices have more to do with the covid epidemic and the fact that back in the spring, Russia refused to cooperate with OPEC and cut production, which started a price war.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Russia–Saudi_Arabia_oil_price_war

Sure, whoever is in the White House, and whatever their energy policy and foreign policy is will have some effect on gas prices. But it’s way more complicated than “Joe Biden is making gas expensive”. Big international players and OPEC have more direct control on the market than the US does. As the covid epidemic passes, gas prices will be going up, regardless of who is in the White House.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2514
Re: Trump... 2021/01/17 10:52:12 (permalink)
Green energy leads to carbon free initiatives greatly increasing energy costs.
The Biden camp is heavily involved in furthering goals in green energy and diminishing or even eliminaing a carbon footprint.
Some of us can afford 4 dollar gas  and can withstand the higher electric costs and the ripple effect of rising costs to deliver store and market goods in general.
We wont like it but many can afford it.

The poor generally spend a far greater percentage of their income on energy related items like gas electric heating and those weekly or daily goods.
It will have the greatest negative affect on those folks who can least afford it.
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2828
Re: Trump... 2021/01/17 11:32:33 (permalink)
BloodyHand
LDD
BloodyHand
Some people like $4 a gallon. Some people like inflation. Some people like big government.

BH

Some people do...lots of people where I live because high gas prices mean high oil prices and if you're a producer, tender, pipeliner, trucker, supplier then business is good.  

I hate em myself but some people do love em.  

Are yo being serious! Do you think the truck driver or attendant is going to make any more money when prices go up? Do you not understand how fuel prices directly corelate to our economy? You do realize the demand is always going to be there, so it's the supply that affects the prices.

BH

" Drill baby, drill "

I'm referencing "truckers" locally who see more business when oil prices are high because drilling picks up.  The big drilling booms happen when prices are high.  Roads need built, material to build them needs hauled, equipment needs moved, water needs hauled, pipe, sand, tanks, fuel needs moved to job sites etc...  
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/17 12:16:43 (permalink)
r3g3
Green energy leads to carbon free initiatives greatly increasing energy costs.
The Biden camp is heavily involved in furthering goals in green energy and diminishing or even eliminaing a carbon footprint.
Some of us can afford 4 dollar gas  and can withstand the higher electric costs and the ripple effect of rising costs to deliver store and market goods in general.
We wont like it but many can afford it.

The poor generally spend a far greater percentage of their income on energy related items like gas electric heating and those weekly or daily goods.
It will have the greatest negative affect on those folks who can least afford it.

The current economic conditions that have created extremely low gas prices have nothing to do with green energy.

The global demand for oil has decreased because there is a worldwide pandemic and people all over the world are traveling less.

OPEC tried to get all of the major oil producing nations to decrease production in order to keep prices stable. Russia refused to comply. They have continued to produce oil even as demand has plummeted.

So there is an over abundance of supply, and demand is low, which has resulted in low prices. This is a little bit of an over simplification of a complex worldwide market, but it’s much closer to an accurate picture than “something something green energy”.

Does green energy technology and green energy policy affect oil prices? Sure. Is it one of major factors affecting the price of oil right now and in the near future? No.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2361
Re: Trump... 2021/01/17 14:54:37 (permalink)
Big oil's answer to less fuel demand in coming years is plastic production ....cracker plants are becoming popular as Dollar Generals ....everywhere . Plastic will be king ...not coal...not oil.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 08:48:57 (permalink)
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 09:33:29 (permalink)
FYI...currently elevated to COGCON 2...explanation can be found at the link below.  

https://whitehouse.gov1.info/continuity-plan/

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 11:19:57 (permalink)
I wonder if Pelosi will be watching the inauguration from a bunker somewhere, as the "designated survivor"?

I stopped searching "Pelosi location during inauguration" after I realized that I probably set off some FBI/NSA alarms...

If the Dems were smart, regardless if she is that person or not, they should announce that she is.  That would stop any potential attack on the inauguration.
drawde
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 11:29:14 (permalink)
All the courts were worried about riots if Trump won, imagine how many cities would be burning right now!
America was the biggest producer of oil, that was why prices went down,  they need $45 oil to make it worthwhile.  Biden is the fear of fracking cos.,  he plans to shut the PA gas line down.
Micro plastics are found in humans and animals with unknown consequences for the future,  so much for plastics being great.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 11:53:20 (permalink)
NOW THEY ARECOMING RIGHT OUT AND SAYING IT--
Impeachment isnt to throw Trump out but to try and top him from running for office again.
Running scared IMHO
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 12:32:54 (permalink)
Many natural gas wells have been shut down or capped in Mercer county for almost a year or more...why ? To keep the prices up ......same old game under trump. 

I couldn't agree more .....plastics suck ,but big oil and gas see $$$$ ......as profits drop from fuel oil sales....they see the writing on the wall ....battery powered vehicles are coming on fast. Fuel sales will plummet in the next decade . Plastic is their future profit maker for them and more poison for mankind. 
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 12:32:54 (permalink)
double post 
post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2021/01/18 12:48:49
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3497
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 12:39:04 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Many natural gas wells have been shut down or capped in Mercer county for almost a year or more...why ? To keep the prices up ......same old game under trump. 

I couldn't agree more .....plastics suck ,but big oil and gas see $$$$ ......as profits drop from fuel oil sales....they see the writing on the wall ....battery powered vehicles are coming on fast. Fuel sales will plummet in the next decade . Plastic is their future profit maker for them and more poison for mankind. 

And with the loss of motor fuel taxes, expect the taxing of "mileage" on your vehicles to support roadwork/DOTs.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 12:49:50 (permalink)
r3g3
Impeachment isnt to throw Trump out but to try and top him from running for office again.
Running scared IMHO

Good, he had his shot and look at this mess.  
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 12:50:48 (permalink)
Agreed ....No doubt some other tax structure will be brought in to make up the loss. 
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 13:43:05 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK

The natural gas market was also impacted when Russia decided to play games with OPEC. An over abundance of cheap oil caused demand for natural gas to fall, and that’s why the wells are shut down. All of these markets are inter-connected.
post edited by MyWar - 2021/01/18 13:45:01
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Trump... 2021/01/18 22:58:51 (permalink)
r3g3
Running scared IMHO

Is this really news to you? That's been mentioned every day since he did it, on all media forms. I thought was common knowledge at this point? Of course it's the plan.
The man just incited a terrorist attack on the United States Capital?

EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 769
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 06:24:56 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Is this really news to you? That's been mentioned every day since he did it, on all media forms. I thought was common knowledge at this point? Of course it's the plan.

Wow! I hope you never have to serve on a jury with the mind set that you have. Can you tell me where in the speech when the President suggested the crowd go in a "peaceful and patriotic way" that he actually meant "go and destroy the Capital and take the Senate hostage"? Go read his speech again 4 or 5 times until you "get it", but I'm thinkin' with your obvious bias you'll have a big problem with reading comprehension. You and your cohorts will see what they want to see, whether it's there or not.

It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 09:51:13 (permalink)
And Tony Soprano never once directed one of his employees to kill anyone.....but, somehow, those fellows ended up dead anyway. How does that happen?
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 10:19:32 (permalink)
EMitch
DeadGator401

Wow! I hope you never have to serve on a jury with the mind set that you have. Can you tell me where in the speech when the President suggested the crowd go in a "peaceful and patriotic way" that he actually meant "go and destroy the Capital and take the Senate hostage"? Go read his speech again 4 or 5 times until you "get it", but I'm thinkin' with your obvious bias you'll have a big problem with reading comprehension. You and your cohorts will see what they want to see, whether it's there or not.

I could tell you, but it's better to just look around at how things are going for him. 

Enjoy the last full day of your God King. I'm sure he'll spend it hiding, as he's gotten quite good at.

"Show Strength! the bunker boy proclaimed, as he stayed in hiding for the 7th day in a row"
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 10:49:48 (permalink)
EMitch
DeadGator401

You ever been in a locker room to hear a coach talk to his team at half time or before the game?  That speech was the same thing. 

MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 10:54:43 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
And Tony Soprano never once directed one of his employees to kill anyone.....but, somehow, those fellows ended up dead anyway. How does that happen?

Didn’t Charles Manson actually use that defense too?

I actually went and skimmed the text of his speech from that day, and it really does read more like the hazy rambling of Charles Manson, or maybe Jim Jones right before they started handing out the Kool Aid.

I’m pretty sure Giuliani actually used the term “trial by combat” tho.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 11:01:00 (permalink)
EMitch

Can you tell me where in the speech when the President suggested the crowd go in a "peaceful and patriotic way" that he actually meant "go and destroy the Capital and take the Senate hostage"? Go read his speech again 4 or 5 times until you "get it", but I'm thinkin' with your obvious bias you'll have a big problem with reading comprehension. 

Not sure why anyone is focusing on one speech?  "Stop the Steal" is why those people were there in the first place, with hundreds if not thousands of examples of Trump and allies pushing that narrative.  That is the motive behind the case.  The speech may or may not have added some excitement to an already excited crowd.  But is 1% of the case against Trump "rallying the troops", which he has been doing since prior to the election.

This impeachment trial is all about how there is one side saying it was high level election fraud and causing extreme mistrust in the results and the other side saying the results were fair.  This narrative, whether true or false, is what drove thousands of his supporters to DC to protest.  By no means am I saying all are violent in their protest, but some sure were.  If the narrative is true, which many on here seem to believe, then I personally would have no issue with the storming of the Capitol itself.  Beating the cop to death, stealing and ransacking the place goes well beyond and those should be put on trial for their actions.  And yes, I know storming itself is illegal.  

His supporters that believe there was voter fraud, should be jumping up and down with excitement that there is a trial to be able to show why there is a "Stop the Steal" movement.  If there are mounds of evidence to support the was a "Steal", not only does it make Trump the hero, but possibly overturns the election results.  At the very least, Biden is immediately impeached or calls for it until the midterms, with droves of Independent voters flipping both houses to ensure he is impeached.  It doesn't look good for Trump to be impeached twice, but after all state courts, district federal courts and the Supreme Court said they wouldn't grant a trial, they are finally getting what they asked for.  If they are able to show extremely strong evidence of a stolen election, he saves his legacy and likely President again.  If not, he is the clown that the Dems paint him to be.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2885
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 17:36:26 (permalink)
post edited by crappiefisher - 2021/01/19 17:38:46
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 17:48:00 (permalink)
Now Mitch is throwing Trump under the bus.
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1213
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 18:15:14 (permalink)
Rats are known to feed on each other when times are tough.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 19:03:09 (permalink)
Spot on--- he was Trumps biggest buddy when he was being challenged in his home state race.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/19 19:11:13 (permalink)
They say Bigfoot stole all those votes from Pa. and tossed them in the Allegheny...Rep.Mike Kelly swears it's true and has evidence to prove it. It will be on Fox news soon .
Page: << < ..416417418419420.. > >> Showing page 420 of 430
Jump to: