Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..416417418419420.. > >> Showing page 417 of 430
Author
dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2839
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 09:04:34 (permalink)
It all makes sense to me now 
QAnon Shaman  Jake Angeli  Interview 

https://www.youtube.com/w...g&feature=emb_logo
post edited by dano - 2021/01/10 09:06:37
MyWar
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 978
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 09:15:40 (permalink)
r3g3
War- you missed my point= its not even about Trump anymore--its his supporters who they politically  fear.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean “going too far with too many”, but some of the people that participated in the riot (protest, insurrection or whatever you want to call that event) were armed, outfitted in tactical gear, had zip tie handcuffs, and clearly intended to do more than simply protest.

I’d acknowledge that some of them also probably got caught up in the moment and didn’t realize the consequential nature of their actions, but that doesn’t mean their actions shouldn’t be punished. People spend decades in prison for things they did in the heat of the moment.

There was extensive damage to the property and five people died, including one cop who was beaten with a fire extinguisher. Its not yet known how much confidential information has been compromised, but people walked out the US Capitol with federal government property including letters, documents and laptops. As somebody who has a background in law enforcement, when did you ever see such serious crimes go unpunished?

I also have a hard time believing that you would say the same thing if BLM protesters had stormed the White House and went after Trump. So why is it zero tolerance authoritarianism when it comes to BLM and “aw go easy on ‘em” when it’s a pro Trump mob?
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2514
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 10:08:00 (permalink)
There were a couple of hundred thousand marchers that day- a very small number by comparison did the illegal things being attributed to the many- in too many reports.
Even in Portland it was generally known and stated the the large numbers of protesters dwindled significantly around dark every day when the crazies went to work.
A big difference is that in Portland the press went way out of its way to make damage and rioting look insignificant and many lib politicos also cheered them on.
What happened in DC was not as destructive as in many cities recently but far more significant because it involved  the Halls of Congress.

As far as awww go easy on them - no way, lock them up - they deserve it.

However we observed the courts do just the opposite for many months  in too many other destructive events even refusing to prosecute many rioters.
We even had our new VP contributing to their bonds. If that isnt at least tacit support what is??

There IS a difference in how this is being approached by the press and the Dems. 
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/01/10 10:10:39
JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 894
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 10:28:42 (permalink)
MyWar
JM2
MyWar
Think of it as Twitter being a Christian bakery and Trump is the gaay wedding cake.

So then Twitter should be sued out of existence? I agree

Well look at you, being all clever and everything! Whoever says the Right has a lousy sense of humor never met JM2 from the FishUSA forums!

It’s actually a terrible analogy because being gaay isn’t a choice whereas Trump made a deliberate and conscience choice when he lied to the public, over and over again, and then incited insurrection. But since conservatives seem to generally believe that private businesses can whatever they want when the situation suits them, I thought it might be a helpful comparison.

Conservatives might also want to think about how repeal of section 230 would play into this. Because the ironic thing about Trumps crybaby grievances with Twitter is that repeal of that protection would only make platforms like Twitter more likely to heavily moderate or censor content, as their liability would now be greater.

No, it was not clever, just common sense. Your analogy was flawed, and I don't need to type three paragraphs to explain it away as you do.
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1213
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 10:33:05 (permalink)
Bottom line, Pence needs to grow a set force Trump out of office before he can start passing out Pardons  for his family, friends and supporters. Even if there's only 1 day left to his term and most of all Pence needs to NOT CONSIDER pardoning Trump. 
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2828
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 11:21:20 (permalink)
dano
It all makes sense to me now 
QAnon Shaman  Jake Angeli  Interview 

https://www.youtube.com/w...g&feature=emb_logo

Yeah, I quit listening after I realized his tattoo didn't cover his nipple.  What a poozy...
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 11:48:31 (permalink)
In a further attempt at a Dem  'cleansing' effort Dems are now pushing for Cruz and Hawley to resign.

Every day it becomes clearer that they are  trying to use this to advantage their political future by clearing the field of popular adversaries.

JerryS
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 149
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 11:49:35 (permalink)
r3g3

A big difference is that in Portland the press went way out of its way to make damage and rioting look insignificant and many lib politicos also cheered them on.
What happened in DC was not as destructive as in many cities recently but far more significant because it involved  the Halls of Congress.

A big difference, in my opinion, is the people doing the violent, illegal actions. 

The majority of the thugs in the BLM riots were not causing damage in support of the BLM cause.  They were just opportunists taking advantage of the situation.    In city after city, video footage and arrest records show the majority of the damage was done by young white males. 

While the vast majority of the thugs in the Capitol were doing the damage directly in response to Trump's call to action to prevent the transition.  

Just my opinion. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7818
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 12:29:10 (permalink)
MyWar

Dunno but I heard Lindsey Graham got banned from Grindr.

I heard the same. So, it must be a fact if two guys on the internet are saying so.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 15:04:50 (permalink)
JerryS
r3g3

A big difference, in my opinion, is the people doing the violent, illegal actions. 

The majority of the thugs in the BLM riots were not causing damage in support of the BLM cause.  They were just opportunists taking advantage of the situation.    In city after city, video footage and arrest records show the majority of the damage was done by young white males. 

While the vast majority of the thugs in the Capitol were doing the damage directly in response to Trump's call to action to prevent the transition.  

Just my opinion. 

The other big difference is that in dozens of cases during George Floyd protests (which are supported by video evidence) the cops escalated the violence first and then lied about it and blamed the protestors. This happened right here in Pittsburgh as well as many other cities.

In the case of the MAGA mob, the violence was escalated neither by protesters nor by cops, it was incited BY THE PRESIDENT.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 16:56:20 (permalink)
And in many BLM demonstrations the Police ' took a knee with the demonstrators  to de-escalate and show support.

In these too political times one thing seems certain- its that the dems  fear Trumps popularity as he was the highest vote getting Republican in history a few weeks ago and his followers will stick with him.
They will do anything to demean him and his followers out of fear of facing him again.
RHINOs like Romney and others never liked his populist approach and are piling on.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/01/10 19:31:44
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 19:52:24 (permalink)
r3g3
In these too political times one thing seems certain- its that the dems  fear Trumps popularity as he was the highest vote getting Republican in history a few weeks ago and his followers will stick with him.

Which was still about 10M votes shy of an extremely bland Biden. If Trump has half of the supporters that he had in November, he’d be lucky. If the Dems had another exciting candidate like Obama, it would be the largest landslide loss ever for a Presidential election. In 4 years, Trump won’t be eligible to run for election after the NY state charges go through and definitely not if he is unable to pardon himself. Only his hand picked Supreme Court Justices can save him on that and not sure if they will after this week’s embarrassment.
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 21:11:10 (permalink)
r3g3
And in many BLM demonstrations the Police ' took a knee with the demonstrators  to de-escalate and show support.

It’s also not a coincidence that those protests remained peaceful and didn’t turn into riots.

Everybody should take a look at this video which captures the scene of a cop being dragged from the Capitol building and beaten. He later died of his injuries, so it’s not really an exaggeration to say that this is footage of the MAGA mob beating the cop to death. At one point, they are actually beating him with a flagpole, with an American flag, while chanting “USA USA USA”. It’s truly stunning and horrifying.

https://www.reddit.com/r/...pp&utm_name=iossmf
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 22:20:13 (permalink)
Sickening. Absolutely sickening. 

Remember the top notch poster we have here - "It all seems to be mostly peaceful."

JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/10 22:43:19 (permalink)
DeadGator401

Remember the top notch poster we have here - "It all seems to be mostly peaceful."

Your arse is so tight with your head so completely inserted that you don't recognize the post as being a mocking of the media's reporting of our recent summer of riots being reported as "mostly peaceful". Wake up, history did not start or ended yesterday.
DeadGator401
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 00:32:22 (permalink)
JM2
DeadGator401

Your arse is so tight with your head so completely inserted that you don't recognize the post as being a mocking of the media's reporting of our recent summer of riots being reported as "mostly peaceful". Wake up, history did not start or ended yesterday.

OK Boomer

That post aged like milk, eh?
JM2
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 06:45:21 (permalink)
What is cheese? ....... "More nonsense" for two hundred, Alex.
post edited by JM2 - 2021/01/11 07:30:25
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 07:25:01 (permalink)
Nancy just made my point---
Came right out and said impeachment is an effort to keep Trump from holding office again--they fear him andhis followers
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 09:25:38 (permalink)
r3g3
Nancy just made my point---
Came right out and said impeachment is an effort to keep Trump from holding office again--they fear him andhis followers

So you would vote for him again??
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 09:50:32 (permalink)
Against who ??
With who as #2??
And how the Dems handle our country in the meantime--
Gotta see what happens in 4 years after this political gotcha bs  is passed.

I recall early really liking John McCain until he added the Wasilla screamer to his team-then I voted for O Bama/ Biden.
post edited by r3g3 - 2021/01/11 09:53:47
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 10:06:22 (permalink)
Just an FYI to any of you folks that may have set up accounts on Parler: the whole system got hacked (because apparently the source code is a complete trainwreck) and anything you ever posted or uploaded was compromised, which includes metadata that can be used to trace online activity back to you personally.

And bizarrely, Parler required some users to scan and upload an image of your drivers license???

There’s also a rumor that Parler immediately turned over all their user data to FBI. So if you ever posted anything sketchy, don’t be surprised when the feds come knocking on your door.
ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 979
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 10:20:23 (permalink)
No need to worry Hillary has a self help book out How to erase e-mails,data,and what not from you devices!!
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 11:10:50 (permalink)
r3g3

I recall early really liking John McCain until he added the Wasilla screamer to his team-then I voted for O Bama/ Biden.

Refer to what I noted about the extremely bland Biden, winning in an overly convincing fashion over Trump.  7 Million more votes, 4.5% points & 74 electoral votes.  That is an election beat down.

McCain was a good candidate.  Bipartisan career and war hero story were hard to beat.  He had some quirks obviously, biggest being his rather bland personality and demeanor.  Obama, unlike any politician since Regan, had the "it" factor.  Just like Regan, his public speaking skills were tremendous and sold "hope" extremely well as Regan sold the "Make America Great" messaging.  

Trump has the "Jim Jones" factor.  Now that many of his biggest supporters are calling out the lies, it is truly apparent that he was leading a cult.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 11:15:09 (permalink)
r3g3
Against who ??
With who as #2??
And how the Dems handle our country in the meantime--
Gotta see what happens in 4 years after this political gotcha bs  is passed.

Fair enough.  But, if I'm reading you correctly, you leave the door open to vote for Donald Trump again?  
I find it hard to agree with your statement that the current state of affairs in our government is "gotcha bs".  
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 11:16:37 (permalink)
Porktown
r3g3

Trump has the "Jim Jones" factor.  Now that many of his biggest supporters are calling out the lies, it is truly apparent that he was leading a cult.

And some of his biggest supporters are literally preparing for a civil war.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 11:59:56 (permalink)
LDD

And some of his biggest supporters are literally preparing for a civil war.  

This all rests on the shoulders of the GOP right now.  We'll see how they handled Trump's second impeachment.  If they support Trump without supplying some sort of real evidence that the election was stolen, their hands will be soaked with American's blood if a war breaks out. 

Those looking for a trial to review election fraud evidence, this is it.

As of right now, it is clear that the majority of the Judicial branch is supporting the election results.  The Legislative branch affirmed Biden's victory last week.  Trump has himself and a dwindling number of supporters.  

General Milley speech from last month.

“We are unique among armies. We are unique among militaries. We do not take an oath to a king or a queen, a tyrant or a dictator. We do not take an oath to an individual. No, we do not take an oath to a country, a tribe or religion. We take an oath to the Constitution.”

I highly doubt the military would allow a civil war, yet side with "a tyrant", which is what Trump seems to have resorted to.  The Constitution is pretty clear about the election results too, why Pence announced Biden as President.  Oath to the Constitution by the military, would not have them on Trump's side if a civil war broke out.  Which would make for a very short and very one sided war.  But, for those "patriots" out there, go get General Cruz and Private Hawley some weapons and get it over with.  Or just hand out sections of rope to the cult and save us all more embarrassment.

post edited by Porktown - 2021/01/11 12:04:39
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 13:03:23 (permalink)
In their minds a "civil war".  In reality,  a bloody insurrection or insurgency in one instance or a couple of different ones that may kill military, police and innocent bystanders.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 14:22:06 (permalink)
I hear Yinzer's are planning to storm Heinz Field and demand the score from last night's game be changed.  Baker Mayfield likes pizza, read between the lines!!!
MyWar
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 14:22:07 (permalink)
LDD
In their minds a "civil war".  In reality,  a bloody insurrection or insurgency in one instance or a couple of different ones that may kill military, police and innocent bystanders.  

I don’t think we will see anything like what we have historically thought of as a “civil war”. We won’t be seeing any states secede from the Union.

But I do think that we will continue to see more and more of the same kind of civil unrest that has been happening for the past year or so: protests that turn violent, plots to kill or kidnap elected officials, plots to plant bombs, etc...

I suspect a lot of these plots will get discovered before they are executed because most of these people don’t seem to understand that plastering your government takeover plot all over social media is a stupid idea. But some might be successful, and some people are going to get hurt.

However these are all things that militias and the far right has been doing for decades, going back at least to Timothy mcveigh. But now that stuff has pulled from the fringes and planted squarely in the center of the Republican Party.

And that is why I find the “both sides” stuff so infuriating. It’s like: “the radical extremists of the far left are pushing their socialist agenda!!!” of what? Expanding healthcare coverage? Moving towards green energy? Raising the minimum wage? Addressing the outrageous costs of higher education?

Meanwhile the “radical extremists” of the right are literally trying to overthrow the federal government.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2021/01/11 15:09:58 (permalink)
MyWar
I don’t think we will see anything like what we have historically thought of as a “civil war”. We won’t be seeing any states secede from the Union.

But I do think that we will continue to see more and more of the same kind of civil unrest that has been happening for the past year or so: protests that turn violent, plots to kill or kidnap elected officials, plots to plant bombs, etc...

I suspect a lot of these plots will get discovered before they are executed because most of these people don’t seem to understand that plastering your government takeover plot all over social media is a stupid idea. But some might be successful, and some people are going to get hurt.

However these are all things that militias and the far right has been doing for decades, going back at least to Timothy mcveigh. But now that stuff has pulled from the fringes and planted squarely in the center of the Republican Party.

And that is why I find the “both sides” stuff so infuriating. It’s like: “the radical extremists of the far left are pushing their socialist agenda!!!” of what? Expanding healthcare coverage? Moving towards green energy? Raising the minimum wage? Addressing the outrageous costs of higher education?

Meanwhile the “radical extremists” of the right are literally trying to overthrow the federal government.

I agree with you on some things, but this is kind of convoluted.  You are trying to equate the center of the GOP on policy with extremist terrorism.  While you are saying extremist left is only "good ideas".  Guys lash out on you on this site for putting them in categories that they aren't.  While often defending the actions of the left extremism, which should not be excused.

Most of the center of the GOP wants government out of their business.  More specifically, do not feel they should have to pay more in taxes for programs that they do not feel the government should be involved in.  Many don't see the minimum wage, costs of higher education, green energy and expanding health coverage as a responsibility of us all to split the costs.  This does not make them terrorists... 

This is why I have referred myself before to be more and more conservative as I age.  I am personally highly against minimum wage being raised as high as the Dems want.  I am against most ideas that I have heard about addressing the cost of higher education.  I am also against most plans that I have seen on healthcare, Obamacare to me, was a racket for the insurance companies, which is why health costs are so high IMO.  I do think we should be investing more into clean & renewable energy.  So, I am basically 3 parts conservative and 1 part liberal, which I don't think most on here would categorize myself as that and don't think anyone would call me a right wing extremist...
Page: << < ..416417418419420.. > >> Showing page 417 of 430
Jump to: