Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..301302303304305.. > >> Showing page 303 of 320
Author
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1586
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 14:08:07 (permalink)
Pretty clear that when they first heard of Russian interference they had an obligation to look into it at the beginning of the whole thing. Thats OK.
Looking like very soon afterwards their initial info began falling apart and they ignored the revelations and continued on with subsequent FISA warrants leaving out exculpatory info as well as info debunking the original reasons for the investigation- clearly ignoring what their own investigation was revealing and pushing forward anyhow.
WHY ???
Some call that LYING by omission.
Sounds like any appeal of those very faulted warrants would likely result in the court throwing them out. Along with any 'fruits' thereof.
People are gonna have a hard time keeping their jobs after this -FISA may well be gone too.
This guys testimony is making a mockery of the FBI teams responsible as well as their supervisory staff.

I worked closely with ATF FBI and DEA for years - all good folks- this top level stuff hurts some great field agents- sad.
post edited by r3g3 - 2019/12/11 14:12:35
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7021
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 14:26:36 (permalink)
Horowitz and Mueller combined, over 3 years of investigation, found absolutely no evidence of a deep state and both have stated so.  For every text negative about Trump, they found one about Clinton (what a surprise that some in the FBI despised her...).  Horowitz says that he "did not get satisfactory answers about failures at the FBI" (concerning the FISA court), so that leaves the door open, for by far the largest conspiracy in the history of mankind?  

If no deep state, Trump is a pathological liar.  No other way to explain it.  So, I can see why many supporters are grasping right now.  50% of Americans that support Trump being removed from office believe he should be removed because of the pathological lying.  I would bet it is #1 on the list of the vast majority.  

If there is a deep state, with how complex it is noted to be, would have some sort of hard evidence by now, no?  There seems to be thousands of people involved, from the Clintons to CNN reporters and those like Sondland and others that Trump appointed.  They would have to all be uber geniuses to not be exposed.  Clinton wasn't able to keep a secret about messing around with an intern and half of the people at CNN are flat out idiots.  How have they not lead to any hard evidence?  
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 15:07:32 (permalink)
Your RIGHT its all BS, Trumps the Devil reincarnated an we deplorables are all his disciples.
You and yours- on the other hand- are the angelic hangers on of the true great Hildabeast who SHOULD be our beloved leader instead of Trump.

There -its said--now go away---

By the way CNN didn't put Grahams opener on TV. Guess Schiff is the only one they can televise doing that.
post edited by r3g3 - 2019/12/11 15:08:55
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 15:11:05 (permalink)
r3g3
Pretty clear that when they first heard of Russian interference they had an obligation to look into it at the beginning of the whole thing. Thats OK.
Looking like very soon afterwards their initial info began falling apart and they ignored the revelations and continued on with subsequent FISA warrants leaving out exculpatory info as well as info debunking the original reasons for the investigation- clearly ignoring what their own investigation was revealing and pushing forward anyhow.

If you are referring to Page only, I agree.

Page is only one of hundreds of avenues of Russian interference (see Mueller Report), many were already uncovered from different sources and being investigated at the time.  I would assume that they looked into other FISA warrants as well.  But none of them noted in this testimony?

No denying the FISA process itself is flawed and the agents involved did some shady stuff.  Relying on the Steele dossier to keep renewing their warrant against Page was wrong, as well as ignoring evidence that likely should have had them stop investigating Page, or at the very least stop requesting further FISA warrants.  If they stopped investigating Page, they rest of the investigation would not have stopped???  

In the grand scheme of the Russian interference investigation, what did this really do?  It didn't change the fact that Russia was interfering with the election and our FBI and others were trying to stop it.  Regardless of who would have won, there would have been and SHOULD have been an investigation and see if either candidate was accepting help from said interference. 

Don't kid yourself, Hillary would have had this same treatment of a Russian interference investigation.  I am not sure if her side was dumb enough to take meetings with Russian lawyers or try to have talks with Russia before she took office, which at the very least gave bad optics for Congressmen to latch onto.  

In the grand scheme of the FISA system, I think we should all be glad that it was exposed.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 15:26:09 (permalink)
No, her team wasn't that dumb- they just hired the folks who wrote and spread the Dossier after getting Ruskie gossipers to give BS info to a discredited English spy now getting paid by the US.
But But But its  Hillary- wont see any leftie press pressuring her on that ---Just T on what those BS thrower said.
What a backwards time we live in---
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 15:40:02 (permalink)
r3g3
No, her team wasn't that dumb- they just hired the folks who wrote and spread the Dossier after getting Ruskie gossipers to give BS info to a discredited English spy now getting paid by the US.
But But But its  Hillary- wont see any leftie press pressuring her on that ---Just T on what those BS thrower said.
What a backwards time we live in---

No doubt.  Most of the left press would be doing exactly what FoxNews and the right press is doing with Trump, denying any wrong doing.  I honestly believe that Hillary would have seen an impeachment inquiry within a year or two of being sworn in over the dossier, and possibly other dirt that we haven't seen brought up on her.  Which I am sure there is some some other dirt.

What I meant about dumb, was that I would assume that Clinton would know better than allow her team (or relative) to take meetings with Russia.  She would have likely had Fusion GPS or other "research firm" do that work, then leak that info to her.  Is it any better than having your own son take that meeting?  It sure as heck looks better.  Biden isn't in a jam because someone with business ties was appointed to Burisma...

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9764
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 15:46:09 (permalink)
I for one can not accept the FISA abuse only as being "exposed".

I want the "culprits" exposed and dealt with accordingly.

Hell the FISA abuse is just one straw, on the camels back.

We just watched two of the shadiest characters conducting impeachment procedures against the POTUS.

Your just kidding yourself, if you think Adolf Schiff hasn't had every politician, he can't control, investigated for dirt. Just like Adolph did to Nunes, Soleman, & Giuliani.

I think what we're beginning to see is just who the "deep state" is and how for decades, they have influenced not our elections but, the state of our nation.

Something I wish to point out about Trump is the Dems cannot control him but it's obvious as hell they do, fear him.

The Dems have some control over his success running this nation but the Dems can't control, what he is going to expose about them.

Speaking of shady politicians.... anybody know what good ole Harry Reid doing these days.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/12/11 15:54:50

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Meatball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 536
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 18:21:11 (permalink)
Porktown
Horowitz and Mueller combined, over 3 years of investigation, found absolutely no evidence of a deep state and both have stated so.  For every text negative about Trump, they found one about Clinton (what a surprise that some in the FBI despised her...).  Horowitz says that he "did not get satisfactory answers about failures at the FBI" (concerning the FISA court), so that leaves the door open, for by far the largest conspiracy in the history of mankind?  

If no deep state, Trump is a pathological liar.  No other way to explain it.  So, I can see why many supporters are grasping right now.  50% of Americans that support Trump being removed from office believe he should be removed because of the pathological lying.  I would bet it is #1 on the list of the vast majority.  

If there is a deep state, with how complex it is noted to be, would have some sort of hard evidence by now, no?  There seems to be thousands of people involved, from the Clintons to CNN reporters and those like Sondland and others that Trump appointed.  They would have to all be uber geniuses to not be exposed.  Clinton wasn't able to keep a secret about messing around with an intern and half of the people at CNN are flat out idiots.  How have they not lead to any hard evidence?  

Read up on the Mob...you would be suprised at how much money is spent keeping people quiet. And you have no idea how much influence the Clintons have. I have done work for their body guards. I was told things in secrecy which I will respect. You will see more come out in the future.

"I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up, that is the best they are going to feel all day"
                 -- Frank Sinatra
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 21:21:26 (permalink)
More? Doesn’t there need to be something first, for there to be more added?

Trump, Koch’s, add about 100 other GOP donors and have 1000 times the money as the Clintons. If there was a deep state there would be some hard proof by now.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 22:02:29 (permalink)
Porktown
More? Doesn’t there need to be something first, for there to be more added?

Trump, Koch’s, add about 100 other GOP donors and have 1000 times the money as the Clintons. If there was a deep state there would be some hard proof by now.

That's a question for the Dems I think. Hell Al Green is already calling for the next round of impeachment.

As for deep state proof, why are the Dems working so dam hard on impeaching Trump?

Please don't tell me Pork, you believe the Dems when they say they can't beat Trump at the ballot box, so they need to impeach him. Really.... the DNC can't find a strong candidate to run for POTUS?

I'd rather believe, no one worth their oats will run as a democrat because they too, stand behind Trump draining the swamp.

This ain't about 'president present' or 'president past', this is about 'presidents future'. No POTUS should ever have to serve under these conditions again.

Nov 2020 can not get here soon enough.

Let the swamp draining begin and laws passed (including admendments to our constitution) making it impossible for any political swamp to ever form again.

Trump/Pence 2020.

In other news... I can't remember, do you ice fish?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 22:16:29 (permalink)
WELP....... I'll be the first to bid farewell to the 45th POTUS. May I wish you well in your endeavors, when you leave the White House in 2025.

Thanks for the memories. 🙃

Dang how time flys, gotta git, time to clip my toe nails.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/12/11 22:22:48

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/11 23:09:30 (permalink)
Heck no on ice fishing.  I have done it 4-5 times in my life.  Ice is rarely safe enough down here.  I don't have the space for the extra equipment that I'd maybe use 2-3 times per year.

I can understand what you are saying about the constant "presidential harassment" as Trump calls it.  Which is a clever name.

But...  There are a lot of things of his own doing, to harass him about, and has been that way since he was running for POTUS.  Trump Tower meeting with Russian lawyers, setting up back channel with Russia before he is in office, "slipping" and saying that he "doesn't see why Russia would interfere" with Putin next to him (without confronting him), insistence that Russia didn't interfere (was guy in his parents basement, China or Ukraine) but every intelligence agency says they did, Stormy Daniels hush money, doing his best to not cooperate with Mueller or have any of his people cooperate, same with Ukraine investigation and not to mention his lying about the most simple things constantly.  This is just naming a few that come to mind.  Any of these happened with a Dem POTUS, Mitch, Devin and crew would be doing the same investigations or more.  You and everyone here knows that.

If these are all hoaxes, with the deep state behind many of them, then where is any proof of the deep state?  Honestly, I was hopeful of something, as it makes our POTUS out to be a pathological liar without the deep state being true.  Someone would have had to have slipped by now.  Considering there are so many people in the deep state.  Every investigation that Trump gets into, there seems to be 10-15 more that "were in hiding".  Trump and his backers have money out of the rear, they should have been able to find some of these slip ups by now.  

I do my best to step back (very) often and try to look at things from all angles, to see if I can understand where all are coming from.  I might not agree, but usually, I can see where people are coming from.  Doing so, I am able to see the good that Trump does, and I don't deny it, because "he isn't my guy".  I want him to succeed, he is our POTUS.  I'm never asking anyone to agree or change their mind with what I am saying.  But, honestly, it really isn't all that hard to see things from the angle that I am seeing things.  I do my best to try to get information from "unbiased" or center graded media outlets.  I do a lot of verifying what is left, right and center sources.  This isn't the far left media reporting things.  Everything that I noted above, was reported from center sources.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 01:19:30 (permalink)
10-4 on the ice fishing. Certainly gotta love it to enjoy fishing in that type of enviroment. Silly as it sounds, I miss it and would have all my stuff preped and ready if I were home. Still can't get excited bout fishing here though. Walked around Walmart Sporting section (shhh, don't tell LDD) looking at fishing equipment and even talked to a couple guys standing at the counter but still no.... I gotta do this. No report on the fishing, guys at the counter were from out of the state and just getting ready to try their luck.

As for our guvmint, I believe in checks and balances. There must be accountability as well as a willingness to work together, annnd there must be respect.

Butt we have seen little of any of the above.

As for Trump, I do not agree with his antics but knowing the disregard for respect displayed by democrats, GOP and Idependants through the years, I can't blame Trump for wanting to "fight fire with fire".

More disheartening is the treatment Trumps appointees or nominees receive from the democrats. Certainly, the dems as well as the GOP has right to interview anyone who will be holding a position in our guvmint, it's the manner in which these people were treated that bugs me. I'm talking about the tone of voice, style of questioning, inuendos and accusations used by the democrats.

Sometimes I wish Trump would have run as a democrat but as you say, likely would have been scrutinized at every turn by the repubs. Do have to wonder, would the GOP be so disrespectful.

So anyway, when I see the dems playing so hardnosed and the magnitude of disrespect they blantantly display I gotta ask, what the hell are the dems trying to hide.

I know you haven't the free time to be able to watch the hearings in their entirety, in real time. Sometimes I wished I hadn't, I've never seen a kangaroo court like I just watched run by Adolf Schiff and Jerrold Nadler.

We both know the news media will cherry pick only the events that fit their narrative so it's difficult to get the tru story.

I don't know what in the hell was going on tonight during the "impeachment" debate.

Democrats were reminiscing about their childhoods.... had me going for the tissue box.😪

Truth be known, I expected Theresa Caputo from "Long Island Medium" to be there representing the "founding fathers" of our nation.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/12/12 01:35:39

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 09:19:25 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
10-4 on the ice fishing. Certainly gotta love it to enjoy fishing in that type of enviroment. Silly as it sounds, I miss it and would have all my stuff preped and ready if I were home. Still can't get excited bout fishing here though. Walked around Walmart Sporting section (shhh, don't tell LDD) looking at fishing equipment and even talked to a couple guys standing at the counter but still no.... I gotta do this. No report on the fishing, guys at the counter were from out of the state and just getting ready to try their luck.

As for our guvmint, I believe in checks and balances. There must be accountability as well as a willingness to work together, annnd there must be respect.

Butt we have seen little of any of the above.

I completely agree on the accountability and willingness to work together.  In all honesty, I think that is why we need a 3rd party.  One that is somewhere in the middle.  The two parties are so far from each other right now, that we end up in this mess.  I don't think most Americans are that far apart on most issues.  At times that middle party will side with the right and at times with the left.  But would hopefully balance things in the long run.

Not to "LDD" you...  But, I would avoid Wallyworld (for fishing) until you have an idea of what you are doing.  Not really for the same reasons as LDD, but more so that you aren't just buying things and hoping for the best...  Wallyworld is a good place to save money on things that you know will work, and just convenient if you are getting whatever else.  I would check regional fishing sites and ask around at local tackle shops of what is working, then buy a few lures/bait rigs that they recommend.  The biggest thing to be careful when asking reports, is if they are catching in the Gulf itself or the back water.  They fish completely different (or at least that is the case with the Atlantic and back water).  Some lures/baits/techniques work in both, but most are specific more to one or the other.

If you are planning to get out.  Try to find out the following first.  
1) where you plan to fish (Gulf side, back water or inlet)
2) If reports, what are they catching
3) If reports, what bait is around
4) When are you planning to fish (some fish only seem to bite during low light or much more at certain tides)
Throw that info on here, and I would bet that you get some good info from RSquared, EyesNGills and others that have spent time salt water fishing.  Although, nothing beats the local info, since time of year plays a huge difference.

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2481
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 10:47:01 (permalink)
 (Coffee Cup/Table) 

Walmart Sucks...
Change my mind...

Pork...Convenient??  What?  If you like shopping in a huge airplane hangar with a thousand other people and very few employees who actually know anything about anything.  I mean, if you need tires and raspberry jam in the same trip then whatever.  Save money?  The economics would say otherwise.  The "Grand Illusion" of Walmart's motto "Save Money: Live Better"...one look around any Walmart would tell you most of the people shopping there ain't living any better  and we all have less money to spend because of the massive undercut of American manufacturing induced by the crud palace.  
rsquared
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 10:53:07 (permalink)
Porktown
Throw that info on here, and I would bet that you get some good info from RSquared, EyesNGills and others that have spent time salt water fishing.  Although, nothing beats the local info, since time of year plays a huge difference.

rsquared is about ready to make the 1100 mile drive down to Gulf Shores and drag BTDT out of his RV and show him what he's missing!

From following various social media accounts, it's time to fish structure near deeper, more stable water or the back bays where various types of bait fish will be hanging out.  Reds, trout and flounder will still gobble some shrimp, but the migration of white shrimp from the marsh to the open waters of the Gulf is winding down, so now they focus on croakers, cocahoe minnows and a few other types of minnows.  

I've fished Mississippi a few times in the winter, and lots of times in the summer.  There's really no surf or waves to speak of on the MS coast.  Alabama might have a little more surf action, but the same set up should work on the beach as it would in bays and protected areas.    

7' medium action rod.  A $30 Shakespeare from Walmart has worked well for me.  So has a $10 Jawbone from Field and Stream.  Have hooked into many bull reds with both of those rods, and they held up just fine.  

4000 class reel (I'm really happy with the Penn Fierce reels I bought last year, and they stood up very well to the salt this summer in MS).  20# braid with a 3' mono leader in 30#.  The $3 giant spool of mono at Walmart works just fine.  

3/8 oz jig head with soft plastics is really all ya need at this time of year.  Maybe 1/4 oz if yer fishing the backwater or a bayou.  

Low and slow in the deeper water on the outside of harbors or jetties.  A curly tail 3" or 4" grub in copper or chartreuse works.  Gulp makes some I really like and that are readily available at Walmart or any tackle shop along the coast.  Gulp shrimp would probably work too.  

On warmer, sunnier days, walk along the beach on a rising tide, or just after high tide and it begins to fall, and look for feeding fish along pier pilings or near those same harbors and jetties.

Of course, if ya want to, you can get some 1/0 circle hooks and some dead shrimp or frozen mullet and chuck it out on the bottom and wait.  Not my preference, but it'll work.  Especially if the reds are piled into a deep hole near structure on the immediate back end of a cold front.   

So easy, an rsquared can do it.  

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 11:55:17 (permalink)
LDD
 (Coffee Cup/Table) 

Walmart Sucks...
Change my mind...

Pork...Convenient??  What?  If you like shopping in a huge airplane hangar with a thousand other people and very few employees who actually know anything about anything.  I mean, if you need tires and raspberry jam in the same trip then whatever.  Save money?  The economics would say otherwise.  The "Grand Illusion" of Walmart's motto "Save Money: Live Better"...one look around any Walmart would tell you most of the people shopping there ain't living any better  and we all have less money to spend because of the massive undercut of American manufacturing induced by the crud palace.  

I understand your distaste for Walmart.  But where I live in the burbs, there has been a corporate giant around that replaced the mom & pop variety store since I was a kid.  Murphy Marts, Hills, K-Marts, Phar Mors...  Most are gone and replaced by Wallyworld and Target now, but not much different China junk.  For me, I do buy big ticket items at the local stores.  My $2k fridge was bought at a local appliance store, that was the same price as the big box.  My $2k lawn tractor was from a local lawn shop, again, same price as big box.  My groceries are from a local chain.  I do avoid Wallyworld for groceries, but do pick up odds and end groceries, which odds and ends is mostly what I buy at Walmart.  I rarely spend more than $50 there (my grocery bill is usually $200+).  I have a local butcher, who's prices beat most of the local groceries, so go there for quality and price.  Just happens to support the local guy.  Same with a local bakery.  If a local place is going to offer similar prices, I will go there, if not, I will go to Wallyworld or other.  I bought my kid an Xbox for Christmas.  I was not about to pay $80 more on principle only, for the same thing, from China...  Having it ship from Joe Blow's local toys that I will never visit again or shipping from a vendor that uses Wallyworld or Amazon as their platform, makes no sense to me.  Granted, if a local toy shop had at the same price or within $10-$15, I'd purchase from them. 

For things like fishing, I will buy odds and ends if I really need (bobbers or split shots) from Wallyworld or if something really strikes my eye.  Especially if I know that I have a 4 hour window to fish and don't want to spend 40 minutes out of the way and in a bait shop.  90% of my fishing purchases, especially while at the beach, is at a local shop.  The knowledge of the fishery is well worth the additional $3-$4 on a $25 purchase.  Same thing with prices on big ticket items.  While in DE a few weeks back, my 5000 size reel stopped working (20 year old reel).  I had 3 other reels with me, so didn't need to replace it.  Old Inlet had a Penn Pursuit for $60.  I checked FishUSA and same price, so I gave them the business.  I always check FishUSA when doing a big ticket item.  If they are within reason, FishUSA gets the business.

MyWar
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 173
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 12:07:27 (permalink)
Porktown
In all honesty, I think that is why we need a 3rd party.  One that is somewhere in the middle. 

What would a hypothetical third, middle party look like specifically in terms of policy? Are you talking about social issues? Economic issues? Foreign policy? Healthcare?

“Middle” by what standards? US political standards? Or do you mean the political standards used by the rest of the world?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 12:18:01 (permalink)
First just let me say this.... if younz wanna agitate LDD, just mention shopping at Walmart.😂

OK in other news, my many many sincere thanks to all of younz who have provided advice to me (past & present) regarding my fishing the Golf ⬅⬅(shhh I know, seeing if Lucky is watching (🤗 hi Lucky)) but I just can't seem to get my feet wet. I have no idea why, just doesn't seem to 'flip my cricket".... yet. Thanks guys 👍

uhhh, u2 LDD, didn't know it wasn't cheaper to buy "American" made products available at WalMart.

Dave, let me know when to expect ya and bring those two guys you hunt/fish with. Might be a little crowded but what fun.🤣

Now if younz will excuse me, I must go and tell Rep. Madeleine Dean of PA, she is a prime example as to why, democrats in my family will be voting for a Republican President in 2020.

P.S. Cats took a vote, afraid Rocky will have to remain home. Dummy cats.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/12/12 12:56:11

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 12:19:02 (permalink)
rsquared

rsquared is about ready to make the 1100 mile drive down to Gulf Shores and drag BTDT out of his RV and show him what he's missing!

From following various social media accounts, it's time to fish structure near deeper, more stable water or the back bays where various types of bait fish will be hanging out.  Reds, trout and flounder will still gobble some shrimp, but the migration of white shrimp from the marsh to the open waters of the Gulf is winding down, so now they focus on croakers, cocahoe minnows and a few other types of minnows.  

I've fished Mississippi a few times in the winter, and lots of times in the summer.  There's really no surf or waves to speak of on the MS coast.  Alabama might have a little more surf action, but the same set up should work on the beach as it would in bays and protected areas.    

7' medium action rod.  A $30 Shakespeare from Walmart has worked well for me.  So has a $10 Jawbone from Field and Stream.  Have hooked into many bull reds with both of those rods, and they held up just fine.  

4000 class reel (I'm really happy with the Penn Fierce reels I bought last year, and they stood up very well to the salt this summer in MS).  20# braid with a 3' mono leader in 30#.  The $3 giant spool of mono at Walmart works just fine.  

3/8 oz jig head with soft plastics is really all ya need at this time of year.  Maybe 1/4 oz if yer fishing the backwater or a bayou.  

Low and slow in the deeper water on the outside of harbors or jetties.  A curly tail 3" or 4" grub in copper or chartreuse works.  Gulp makes some I really like and that are readily available at Walmart or any tackle shop along the coast.  Gulp shrimp would probably work too.  

On warmer, sunnier days, walk along the beach on a rising tide, or just after high tide and it begins to fall, and look for feeding fish along pier pilings or near those same harbors and jetties.

Of course, if ya want to, you can get some 1/0 circle hooks and some dead shrimp or frozen mullet and chuck it out on the bottom and wait.  Not my preference, but it'll work.  Especially if the reds are piled into a deep hole near structure on the immediate back end of a cold front.   

So easy, an rsquared can do it.  

I hear you.  If I am within an hour of a beach, chances are, I am figuring a way to get over and fish it.

From Rsquared's post itself, you should be able to walk out to some water and catch a fish.

That $3 giant spool of 30# line has a ton more memory than stuff sold as "leader material".  I always thought the leader material was just a waste.  Being tightly wound on a smaller spool, it will be like a spring at the end of your line.  I used it for years like that and has caught fish and have a few half filled spools...  I changed over to the fancy stuff, on the spools with the larger hole in the middle (you will look cooler with that hanging from your bag too)...  Yeah, it is twice the price, but 120 yards of leader will last me 5+ years...  And, it stays straight when tied on.  If it catches more fish, who knows.  If it attributes to one less tangle then well worth the extra $3 over 5 years...

Finding out what bait is around and matching it with a similar profile plastic and you are half way there.  If you hear of any silversides or glass minnows, grab a bag of Z-Man Diezel Minnowz - Opening Night or other stream line paddle tail in a clear plastic with sparkle in it.  Get 1/4 & 3/8 jig heads a few larger bobbers that will hold that much weight (or popping cork if you really want to look cool with that leader material).  Fish those plastics just like you would your crappie jigs.  Try with a float, without a float.  Make that float splash the water too, like it is a game fish or bait hitting the surface.  Tie in tandem and end up with doubles if the fish are blitzing.  Honestly, I do the same thing fishing for crappie and perch here as I do back water fishing in the salt, and it works.  No need to be intimidated, it is basically the same thing that you have been doing your whole life.  Just a little bigger plastics and little bigger rod.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 12:33:59 (permalink)
MyWar
What would a hypothetical third, middle party look like specifically in terms of policy? Are you talking about social issues? Economic issues? Foreign policy? Healthcare?

“Middle” by what standards? US political standards? Or do you mean the political standards used by the rest of the world?

Definitely US political standards.  Someone like Bill Weld or Susan Collins that are well within the center of today's US standards on most policy.  

If a party like the Libertarian Party were to not be buried by the media and the two party machine, would be a great start.  They are roughly mid way on many issues, others they are a bit right leaning or a bit left leaning, some issues they are very hard leaning.

I am not really focused on a "perfect policy" party.  More of introducing a third party in hopes that this A or B tribalism would have a middle ground.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 12:45:59 (permalink)
Welp..... Contacting Rep Dean went well. Can't do it by email unless your entire zip code permits, soooo I called her DC office.

Dude I spoke with was very friendly and willing to listen to everything I had to say. Hell he even thanked me for calling. 👍

Don't know if my message makes it past his desk but "I feel better".😄🙃😁

Ohhhh K..... where were we? 🤔 Oh yeahhh... nap tiiii 💤💤

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 13:23:23 (permalink)
Pork no argument from me over a third party. However, do you not think any member of a "third party" not being investigated (seeking dirt) as is/has happened for years.

Anyone running as a third party politician would have to be very thick skinned and absolutely squeaky clean.

What we see happening with Trump in the White House, will certainly continue for years to come.

The best way I can summarize my true feelings toward our existing federal gov. "Let he who lives without sin, cast the first stone".

I wish the congress would all come together working for the good of our country but I also know the old adage, "wish in one hand then 💩 in the other annnnnd see which one fills up first".

For cryin out loud.... It's nearly Christmas, can't we just all get along?

P.S. Send this Adolf 💩 show to the US Senate, for a vote.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/12/12 13:26:07

MyWar
Avid Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 13:41:21 (permalink)
Porktown
Definitely US political standards.  Someone like Bill Weld or Susan Collins that are well within the center of today's US standards on most policy.  

Don’t you have your answer right there? The moderate positions you are talking about are in fact represented by some members of the Republican Party, right? I’d add guys like Kasich and Romney to that list as well. Both parties have candidates that are all over the map, so I’m not so sure it’s a “party” problem as much as a candidate problem, wouldn’t you say?

If the libertarian party wants to be taken seriously by the media then it needs to completely disassociate from clowns like vermin supreme and criminals like John mcafee. I’m also not sure I would characterize libertarian economics as “moderate” in any way.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 14:02:06 (permalink)
I noted in my last message that some policies are very hard leaning.  Their economic laissez faire as well as legalizing all drugs are two issues that I can't get behind and consider hard leaning.  Most other issues, they are rather moderate.  

Those moderate members are shrinking by the day.  Both parties have seemed to adopt the "you are either with us or against us" mentality.  Both seem to be moving further in polar directions while at it.  The moderate candidates are fleeing in response.  Having a separate moderate party, I would think, would help balance things out.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 14:11:31 (permalink)
Hi... did younz miss me??

Just spoke with Rep Conner Lambs office in picsburg. Nice lady I spoke with, couldn't hang up fast enough but, I got my dibs in about being from my little piece of Penn's Woods and though Lamb don't represent me, my family democrats will not be voting for "any" democrat buttt will be voting for Trump in 2020.

MyWar
Avid Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 15:22:04 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Just spoke with Rep Conner Lambs office in picsburg. Nice lady I spoke with, couldn't hang up fast enough but, I got my dibs in about being from my little piece of Penn's Woods and though Lamb don't represent me, my family democrats will not be voting for "any" democrat buttt will be voting for Trump in 2020.

#NotMyRepresentative

I don’t live in Darryl Metcalfe’s district but I think I’ll just call his office later and berate his staff for no reason whatsoever.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 15:41:34 (permalink)
MyWar
BeenThereDoneThat.

#NotMyRepresentative

I don’t live in Darryl Metcalfe’s district but I think I’ll just call his office later and berate his staff for no reason whatsoever.

Cranberry Township, PA 16066. 724-772- 3110. FAX: 724-772-2922. Hours: Mon - Fri 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

You're welcome. 👍
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/12/12 15:43:11

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2481
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 15:50:07 (permalink)
Porktown
I noted in my last message that some policies are very hard leaning.  Their economic laissez faire as well as legalizing all drugs are two issues that I can't get behind and consider hard leaning.  Most other issues, they are rather moderate.  

Those moderate members are shrinking by the day.  Both parties have seemed to adopt the "you are either with us or against us" mentality.  Both seem to be moving further in polar directions while at it.  The moderate candidates are fleeing in response.  Having a separate moderate party, I would think, would help balance things out.  

The "You are with us or against us" attitude or "the band wagon", if you will,  seems particularly effective right now.  Our current susceptibility seems to be linked to our inability to come to terms as humans with the enormity and ease of information and how it is presented. We are being easily manipulated by the manipulators because we haven't built up enough natural defense measures to the multiple approaches of digital propaganda.  Tribalism and "the band wagon" go hand in hand.  The "screen creators" are hitting all of our human response mechanisms unfairly.  To use a really bad analogy, we are natives introduced to alcohol.  As humans, we are not used to the sheer magnitude of the information, emotions, responses and stimuli we are exposed to on a daily basis right now.  To stick with the analogy, many of us will have to drink ourselves to death before we wise up about what it's doing to us.   We are currently in the process of destroying ourselves for someone else's benefit.  We need to hurry up and stop.   Humans have been more divided in the past, but never before have we been so easy to divide.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/12/12 16:04:46 (permalink)
Pork, during a meeting after hours of testimony at the Gavel of The Penguin, a repub made a motion to take a break. A role call was conducted with Nadler casting the first no vote, and all his ducks lined up behind him.

Ya gotta think, after hours of testimony, somebody on the Dem Kangaroo court had to pisz so bad, they could taste it..... butt nooooo, Jerrold voted no.

I feel bad for anyone not able to see this horse and pony show in real time. You'd love watching Eric Swalwell when he preps himself and looks straight into the TV camera pursing his lips trying to speak.

One time, Swalwell was sitting all prim and proper and began stuttering his first words then suddenly, become squirrely in his chair.

People behind Swalwell looked at each other as though they were going to bolt...
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/12/12 16:33:28

Page: << < ..301302303304305.. > >> Showing page 303 of 320
Jump to: