Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..271272273 > Showing page 271 of 273
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2019/08/08 11:44:31 (permalink)
r3g3
England has very strict gun laws.

So does Chicago and many other places in the U.S. and we know how that's working.

annnnd we know this......

When gun's are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.~ Anonymous

Let us hope our weapons are never needed... Do not forget what the common people of this nation knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights. ~ Edward Abbey
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/08 11:50:37

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1843
Re: Trump... 2019/08/09 12:07:20 (permalink)
Just wondering. How many laws between federal and state are already on the books in regard to buying and possessing firearms of various kinds and descriptions. Perhaps more emphasis should be directed in enforcing these laws rather than coming up with new ones that criminals won't obey anyway. It's not always what's highlighted in a new law , but what's hidden away deep within it that concerns me. I have empathy with all who are concerned with the senseless killing and harm done to the victims of not only the recent incidents, but those in the past. I believe it is human nature to want to do SOMETHING, anything, to see that these terrible tragedies cease to happen. Part of the problem may be due to the breakdown of social norms. Compared to 50 years ago take into consideration the divorce rate, the falling off of church attendance, children being raised with no father figure around, abortion on demand, etc. Lack of discipline at home and at school, and respect for those in law enforcement. The drop out rate in many high schools across the country, especially in the larger cities. Seemingly so much pent up anger against the so called "system." Everyone has a path to go on as they travel through life. How they make that journey is for the most part under their control. At the end of that path do you want to look back and smile and say to yourself, for the most part I made my mark, or do you want to look back and see mostly a slime trail. The choice is ours.

"Grief can be the garden of compassion, if you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom." Quote by Rumi

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/09 17:08:42 (permalink)
Well stated Bigfoot.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 441
Re: Trump... 2019/08/09 21:36:48 (permalink)
10-4, bigfoot. But don't ya just get sick of hearing "common sense" gun laws? They been sayin' it for 40 years, and they've passed different legislation in those years, but apparently none of those were "common sense" gun laws. I say, to them, the only thing they'll think is a common sense law will be total confiscation. If they pass buy backs, some will give up their guns as they have in different cities already, but most are gonna thumb their noses at the confiscators, the criminals will still have theirs, and the average Joe citizen will become a criminal by not cavin' in. That could well trigger the next revolution. Every tragedy committed with a gun, (by a disturbed person), always triggers the "knee jerk" reaction: We just have to do something. And when they do something, it never works 'cause they're addressing the wrong problem. 

Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/09 22:41:17 (permalink)
Heard this one......

(CNN) β€” The El Paso shooting suspect's mother called the Allen, Texas, Police Department weeks before the shooting because she was concerned about her son owning an "AK" type firearm, lawyers for the family confirmed to CNN

https://www-m.cnn.com/201...2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

How about the fruit basket walking into a Mass. Walmart with an AR across his chest and a hand gun on his hip wearing a "ballistic vest" just to see if Walmart would violate his 2nd admendment right. How about the armed, off duty firefighter (hero) who put a stop to the moron until law enforcement arrived.

Yep we need more gun laws..... that'll do it.

I'm not sure but I'm thinkin the POTUS & McConnell might be turning this "gun control" issue around on the Dems.

The Dems have been throwing gun law lemons at the GOP for years.

As they say in the old country "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade".
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/09 22:45:25

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/10 08:34:58 (permalink)
Soooooo after listening to the 2020 Democrat (in name only) presidential candidates I firmly believe each and everyone one of those people think we, the American people, are complete morons.

While I may represent that remark😝, it is my hope that all voters hit the ballot box this election and "drain the swamp".

Democrat, GOP, Independant "there's light at the end of the tunnel".

Behind that light is the Trump/Pence 2020 train..... welcome aboard.πŸš‚-πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ-πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ-πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ-😁
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/10 08:38:21

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4115
Re: Trump... 2019/08/10 08:44:41 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Or β€œWhen life gives you lemons, find someone that life have tequila, and make margaritas.”

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/10 10:07:13 (permalink)
The prez seems to be leaning towards doing "SOMETHING." Universal background checks being something considered. Me thinks anything he does in regard to "common sense gun safety laws" will cost him votes from those who support him now, and gain very few, if any from those who oppose him. I say it again, we don't have a gun problem in this country, we have a socially and morally bankrupt segment of the population the is the root of the ongoing mayhem and misery that has been unfolding and getting worse in this country for many years. I rest my case!

"Grief can be the garden of compassion, if you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom." Quote by Rumi

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/10 12:32:27 (permalink)
DarDys
BeenThereDoneThat.

Or β€œWhen life gives you lemons, find someone that life have tequila, and make margaritas.”

πŸ€” πŸ˜• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Bigfoot given the past I would agree, promoting (more) gun laws could be suicide for a politician. Especially a Republican but to a non-gun owning bubble dweller any mention of (more) gun laws can garner votes. That's the game the Democrats (in name only) have played for years.

Take Kamoola Harris for instance. She says if she is elected and "congress" doesn't pass gun laws, she is "prepared" to take 'executive action'. Note, she says she is "prepared" to take, NOT will take excutive action nor was there any mention of what the action will be.

In the past the Democrats (in name only) pulled the same stunt, stopping short of exposing any plan then blaming the GOP for not getting it done.

I believe, as we have seen in the past, Mr Trump will "fight fire with fire" and once again put the Dems (in name only) on defense.

Speaking of suicide, dam good thing Epstein was on "suicide watch"..... huh?

https://www-m.cnn.com/201...2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/10 12:36:53

EMitch
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/10 16:35:01 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
 I firmly believe each and everyone one of those people think we, the American people, are complete morons.

While I may represent that remark😝, it is my hope that all voters hit the ballot box this election and "drain the swamp".

But you, BT, are in the basket of deplorables, while I, on the other hand......

They already know that 50% of their base are idiots, but I hope they don't actually believe that they're gonna change the hearts and minds Republicans and other Trump supporters. Gun control is an election loser. Remember Al Gore? He was preachin' gun control and couldn't even carry his home state of Tennessee.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/10 18:27:34 (permalink)
Heyyyyyyy that snot fair I wanna be 'on the other hand'Β  too... I'm tellin mom.
Β 
Β 
Β 
Agreed again, gun control laws is election suicide but "A good offence is the best defense".Β  So when the POTUS says he's gonna "do something"...….Β  I can't wait to hear this one.
Β 
In other news,Β  Mitch McConnel had his "Twitter account" reinstated...…  ummmm, hello???

Update...... hello??
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/11 07:42:03

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/13 10:54:31 (permalink)
New Democrat (in name only) 'war cry'.

FAKE SCIENCE vs FACTS.

Priceless, if anybody knows "FAKE SCIENCE vs FACTS" it's the Democrats (in name only) just ask Al Gore.

Let's see, do away with fossil fuels and plastic..... brilliant!!!

More wind and solar power they yell. So OK what will they use to replace the plastic parts in wind turbines and solar panels.. uhh?

No need to worry about the plastic used in their electric cars and private jets either... wait, what? Private electric jets?? Brilliant.πŸ™„

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1374
Re: Trump... 2019/08/13 11:04:18 (permalink)
Wasn't all that long ago they were  predicting another ice age.
Guess that didn't sell as well.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/15 08:38:50 (permalink)
So Kamoola Harris rephrases the new gun law(s) push.

"SMART" GUN SAFETY LAW.

Now it's about SMART Gun Safety".

Didn't take Kamoola or Spartacus (Booker) long, after the Philthydelphia Police shootings, til they appear on public fake news networks touting their GUN LAWS.

Yep, Harris says we need "SMART" GUN SAFETY LAWS.

Something says Obama's finger puppet is feeling the heat.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/15 08:42:22

EMitch
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/15 19:17:38 (permalink)
Heck, BT! It was less than 4 hours after the Philly shooting started and they turned it political while the shootin' was still going on! Stupid democrats!

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/16 09:35:38 (permalink)
Last night in New Hampshire the 2020 hopefuls were out talking to voters.
Biden had a function where about 30 people showed up and Trump had one nearby with about 12,000 inside and a few thousand more outside who couldn't get in.
Kinda says it all IMHO.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/16 20:56:48 (permalink)
πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š Epstein's portrait of Slick Willy..... in heels no less. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

https://news.artnet.com/a...effrey-epstein-1628437
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/16 21:03:22

EMitch
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/16 21:00:32 (permalink)
So what do you guys think about the Democrat leader board? I'm havin' a tough time tryin' to figure out where the MSM are getting the results of these polls, not to mention who the hell is conducting these polls. They show Biden ahead of Trump 58% to 39%, Crazy Bernie is ahead of Trump by 20%, even Pocahontas would beat Trump big time if the election were now. I'm havin' doubts about Biden winnin' the nomination. Right now, Elizabeth Warren is on a roll. She seems to have vim and vigor. Too bad she's a barking moonbat! The truth of the matter is that Trumps' numbers are goin' up, even among folks who did not vote for him in '16. Seems no matter what the 'Crats do, no matter how much $hite they shovel on him, he's still comin' out with a new set of clothes! He set a new record for attendance in that venue where he just was in New Hampshire, (that's right, NH, that bastion of liberal democrats), where the people packed the arena with thousands more outside. Last time they had a full house there was when Elton John played a concert. The 'Crats and the Media just can't convince the public that he's Hitler, the Ayatollah, and Satan all rolled into one. LMASO!!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/16 21:22:24 (permalink)
emitch, I never gave one second to watching any of Trump's TV programs including the beauty pagent.

Just wasnt someone I wanted to waste my time watching and when he said he was running for President of the U.S. I thought noooo way.

Only because I wanted to hear the other people running for the White House, did I even give time to hearing Trump. But the more I heard the more I listened.

All I can say, after hearing the Democrats (in name only) is thank God, Trump ran for the White House.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/19 14:50:24 (permalink)
πŸ™ŠπŸ™‰πŸ™ˆπŸ™ŠπŸ™‰πŸ™ˆπŸ™ŠπŸ™‰πŸ™ˆπŸ™ŠπŸ™‰πŸ˜³

πŸ™ƒ Mr. Trump says NYTs is gonna endorse him in 2020. 😏

That ought to be interesting πŸ˜‹

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/22 19:41:02 (permalink)
Soooo, The POTUS signs an excutive order calling for expedited student debt-forgivness for disabled veterans along with federal tax forgiveness. President also calls upon the states to forgive all taxes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2...ans-student-loans.html

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/23 22:04:27 (permalink)
So I sez to my self, what if WeThePeople would just stop buying everything made in China? I mean, I can go without General Tso's Chicken for a couple a weeks and maybe even longer. After all, there's plenty of recipes I can get from the internet and just use, American chicken.

As for Chicken Chow Mein, I ain't so sure that stuff in cans sold in grocery stores, really is made in China anywayπŸ€”

Heck, as fast as chickens grow I can raise my own chicks and when needed for a recipe I could just go out in the yard and choke my own chicken. πŸ™ƒ

So anyway, in other news, anybody got an opinion on this ex-Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne coming forward?

Dude kinda reminds me of "Uncle Joe", some strange stuff comin from that dude
and speaking of "Uncle Joe"? Hearing Biden's latest speech and knowing his connection with China, I'm thinkin "Uncle Joe" just choked his chicken.😴
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/23 22:20:13

EMitch
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/24 07:23:02 (permalink)
I'm all for "Buy American". Unfortunately, American businesses are all for "maximum profit". Now, even though I'm an ardent Trump supporter, I believe it was way over the top to order, (ORDER, MIND YOU) American businesses to leave China. However, on a strictly volunteer basis, yeah, I wish they'd all pull out. There's plenty of other countries in the world that could make many of our imported products, and in the process, improve their own standing in the world economy, namely the ex-Eastern Bloc countries of Europe, or India, where either have a reasonably educated work force as opposed to Chinese "state operated robots".
I'd stay a bit short of "chokin' the chicken" out in the yard, but if you must avoid everything Chinese, you could go out to the barn and stroke your Peking duck.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/24 09:38:01 (permalink)
I've no problem with any mfg doing business with or in, any foriegn country. I believe in "Scratch my back, scratch your back" but let's be real. It's gotten to "Scratch their back, GOUGE our back". β¬… [BTDT original 😏]

I do have a problem with the loss of so much industry in America. It's gotten to the point where everyday things like our shoes, toothpaste and U.S. Flags come from China.

Then there is the cost of such products. I believe we pay just as much for "Made in China" products as we would "Made in America" products and in most instances, we receive a much lesser quality product.

Not sure about this stock market thingy being blamed on China. I mean given where the market is today as compared to a few years ago, the drop across the market, is mere pennies.

However, I know all too well, even a small drop can put a hurt on the little guy. You wouldn't want to be in my house, when my better half gets her statement and finds her investment lost money😀..... ummm, no.πŸ’€

Anyways, I think some "warning shots" get fired giving the higher echelon time to "slowly" sell off stock. Sorta but not really "insider trader" thingy in a way. πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š Kinda like "I warned yinz" the America people was gonna stop supporting "Made in China" inluding Chinese products sold under another country's name such as "Made in Viet Nam"

Anyways, how many days of "not buying China made products" do yinz think it would take before China got the message, America is sick of your chyt?

BTW..... my dime says it wasn't Russia Collusion" but "it" is 'Chinese Collusion' and "Uncle Joe" gonna squawk like a "choked chicken" if'n he don't get his chicken choked, prior.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/24 09:40:52

r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/27 09:30:11 (permalink)
Been-
Saw that interview with the Overstock guy---WOW
He's gotta be smart with his Overstock business and all, but keeping up with his story on TV about his interactions with the 'black suit' guys was a real chore.
Something didnt seem 'right' IMHO.
Seems he was doing 90 and jumping lanes while everyone else was in a 25 no passing zone.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/27 15:17:14 (permalink)
R3 I gotta agree 'bout keepin up with his story, but it does make for some interesting reading. Time will tell.

So, evrbody who hasn't heard "Bill Maher's" latest rant bout him "rethinkin his low opinion of Prostate Cancer and hoping it to be very painful"... raise your right hand.

Such an intelligent POS is he not?

Actually the moron's comment is saving me money. Been on the web with HBO and asked that my HBO NOW account be deleted entirely. Not just canceled till further notice, I sent a request demanding my account be closed effective immediately and wrote Maher and HBO's support, being the reason.

Email response from HBO, HBO adds new programs and movies weekly and perhaps I could find other interesting shows. My response, I don't and wouldn't watch Maher on a bet and should HBO refuse my request to delete my account in full, I will notify my bank to block HBO. HBO assures I will be receiving a cancellation confirmation in the near future.

Time will tell.πŸ‘
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/27 15:18:19

bigfoot
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/27 17:14:43 (permalink)
Wish more people would follow your lead. I don’t subscribe to HBO but if I did, I would hope that I would do the same thing.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/28 09:39:45 (permalink)
Problem is, it's not only HBO😞

Some folks blame Mr. Trump for deviding our great nation. But I have never heard Mr Trump make such statements, so full of hate and discontent, as is coming from the left and promoted by major TV networks.

Big money has been abusing "freedom of speech" and "freedom of press" to control our congress through media outlets, since the beginning.

For those unfamiliar with Bill Maher's "freedom of speech" and HBO's "freedom of press"....... you be the judge.

https://thehill.com/blogs...lad-david-koch-is-dead

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2019/08/30 09:57:20 (permalink)
Here's some interesting food for thought. Received this via email and haven't had time to check the facts.

Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—Γ—

How to read Bar Codes .... interesting!

This may be useful to know when grocery shopping, if it's a concern to you.

GREAT WAY TO "BUY USA & CANADA " AND NOT FROM CHINA!!

The whole world is concerned about China-made "black hearted goods". Can you differentiate which one is made in Taiwan or China?

If the first 3 digits of the barcode are 690 691 or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA.
471 is Made in Taiwan .
This is our right to know, but the government and related departments never educate the public, therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products "MADE IN CHINA", so they don't show from which country it is made.

However, you may now refer to the barcode - remember if the first 3 digits are:

690-692 ... then it is MADE IN CHINA
00 - 09 ... USA & CANADA
30 - 37 FRANCE
40 - 44 GERMANY
471 ... Taiwan
49 ... JAPAN
50 ... UK

BUY USA & CANADIAN MADE by watching for "0" at the beginning of the number. We need every boost we can get! Pass this on to everybody on your E-Mail Contact List!!

========================================

Speaking of "food for thought" πŸ™„

Yinz hear the latest from "Uncle Joe Blunder" ...... errr "Biden"???

πŸ€”You be the judge.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2019/08/30 10:09:27

JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 365
Re: Trump... 2019/08/30 12:20:01 (permalink)
Appears to be kind of true, but it doesn't tell where the item was manufactured. For the item being sold, it tells you where the company's corporate headquarters are located. Not where it was manufactured or even who manufactured it. Just the location of the company selling the product. 

https://www.youtube.com/w...Mp-HE8&app=desktop
post edited by JM2 - 2019/08/30 12:28:59
Page: << < ..271272273 > Showing page 271 of 273
Jump to: