Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..236237238239240.. > >> Showing page 239 of 268
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8452
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2018/11/01 21:32:08 (permalink)
Pork no argument from me but that aint the way it's set up not that it can't
be changed.

I don't doubt some of these people are legit about their reason for coming to America but you'll never convince me they were not motivated by paid organizers blowing smoke. Others see an opportunity to enter with no intention of doing so legally. Yet others hide under the cover of the "caravan" smuggling in drugs and children.

So do we just leave our borders open, with no concerns to keep out the bad guys for the sake of a few, (who could have applied through their embassy) wishing to enter our country legally?

Have you even heard what the plans are, regarding the "caravan" when it arrives at our border?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/01 21:35:52

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6728
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 09:28:08 (permalink)
Not sure about paid organizers, as I really don’t see anything beyond Trump’s rally call from it. I have no doubt that you are correct in smugglers using it as a shield. Although, I would think the smart ones are finding the route and opting for a different access point that isn’t as heavily guarded.
We need comprehensive immigration reform. Deal with it as noted to try to keep people that want to stay in their countries in their countries (if opportunity exists). Then we can focus on what we all want to stop, in the smugglers and gangs, etc.
These caravans are not new. They will detain as they always have. They will have refugee camps and attempt to return most. A few will get asylum.
There are definitely weak points in the border that need addressed. Everyone agrees with that. The full GOP ran on tough border security, and instead gave tax cuts to all that expire in 10 years and tax cuts to the Uber wealthy that don’t expire. Maybe, have theirs expire with the rest and use that money to secure the borders as promised?
But just like hot topic items the Dems throw around and didn’t fix with a full Dem Congress with Obama, they figure why get rid of our best rallying topic?
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1318
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 12:37:06 (permalink)
Dems in North Dakota just hit another new low.
They are advertising that  ND Hunters who vote in the upcoming midterms will face loosing any out of State
 Hunting lisences they may have.
No one in the states Govt seems to know anything about this absurd claim.

VOTER SUPRESSSION ALERT
post edited by r3g3 - 2018/11/02 12:38:40
bigbear2012
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 12:55:50 (permalink)
WAIT, someone besides Trump talking out their south mouth!?!?! 
Oh NO!!

wishin i was fishin
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 13:08:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bigbear2012 2018/11/02 13:23:36
Pork somebody gotta be footing the bill for the needs of the "migrants". You know, food, water, TP??

I'm sure not all the the bodies we see marching are headed this way cause I'm thinkin sum them is just moochin the free Munchies, maybe even the free TP.

We've even seen several interviews where participants express their fear of being robbed and stuff like that so we know, there are participants that dont have good intentions. Like we need more them.. eh?

As for the bad guys wanting to enter illegally I would agree, for now they are taking advantage of the free handouts but should the tearing down of barriers (we've seen) allowing for a sudden influx of the masses not be possible, the bad guys will seek other areas of entry.

Of course by now you've heard the news media is pizsing their panty's because The POTUS has said, throwing rocks will be considered the same as having rifles. 😱😱😱
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/02 13:39:49

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 13:23:23 (permalink)
Bigbear, is that one of your originals?

That's a real knee slapper.... 10-4?

Say what ya will about Mr. Trump but I bet if you ask him, he could give a ...hoot.

So Bear, how do you feel about that "record jobs market" announced today and how is, your 401K?
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/02 13:42:02

ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 641
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 13:45:38 (permalink)
Pork,
 Have you forgotten that gop was going to give the dreamers amnesty and a path to citizenship in exchange foe full funding for the border wall!BUT wait the dems shot that down so don't blame trump for not forfilling his promise in immigration. Their mantra Don't mess with future votes and and many more folks dependent on the government forever. Its all about votes and power you really think the Dems or Repub really care about those people.The tax cut you libs cant stand was voted on by democrats also and don't worry when if ever they get their power back they will be taken away count on it!! You know we need that money to Well you know to help the migrants that keep coming and coming and coming.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 14:12:24 (permalink)
BTDT - 
I would imagine something like Amnesty International or other refugee assistance is going to the group for bare essentials that you noted.  I still don't see what political good it would be doing for anyone?  Agree, likely some mooches mixed in to take advantage.  I have never stated there weren't criminals mixed in, those that state otherwise are just fooling themselves.  By no means is it a pack of thousands of violent criminals ready to invade Appalachia.  I agree there are some, and of course, we don't need them.  We don't "need" any of these people.  But I do believe most are just fleeing their homelands to avoid being tortured or killed, and looking to make a buck willing to clean toilets with toothbrushes if need be.  The criminals among them are the ones we should be focusing on stopping.  They are going to try to get in this country regardless of our economy.  The drug trade or other shady stuff is around regardless of the economy.  The ones that aren't violent, of course, no open borders.  I think our border patrol has them under control.  They will know where most are trying to cross, and will have a plan in place to deal with them.
As for the troops, that is optics only.  I can't see him actually mobilizing active duty military off of their main missions.  I can't see Mattis allowing it to happen.  That is what the National Guard is for, and has been used to assist the border patrol.  Honestly, if there are masses throwing rocks, I agree, fire on them.  Situational of course.  Can't really open fire on one teenager throwing rocks.
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1119
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 14:21:17 (permalink)
Why not?
bigbear2012
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 14:49:12 (permalink)
Oh btdt, I am truly happy all those wal-mart jobs are out there and we are at historic low unemployment rates, take a  look some time at the under employment levels.  Yes, that has gone back years and administrations. 
The 401 k, don't have one, public employees have a 403b, I have yet to see if in the long term there is any benefit to me....honestly I just keep waiting for those in the know to "take profits" and leave all of us holding the bag.
Now if the admin is really about the average joe, lets see them make our tax cut permanent, give us affordable health care and implement real immigration reform then I will start to believe in the big red boat.
Have a great weekend all.

wishin i was fishin
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 15:21:58 (permalink)
HI JIGS, hope all is well.

Pork, I'm honestly puzzled, if in fact an amenesty group is supporting the honest folks seeking asylum why that amenesty group isnt educating and assisting the people with good intentions with applying at their or another embassy.

Doesn't make sense any "good organization" would want to chance exposing the good people to such a harsh environment for the sake of applying for asylum in the US.

Too bad these well meaning organizations don't serve as a watchdog assuring the billions of US tax dollars given these country's (from where these good people flee) is spent for which the money is intended.

There's no place like home.....

Pretty sure the POTUS made the rifle remark for two reasons. 1. Let the trouble makers know their antics aint gonna be tolerated and 2. give this piszed poor excuse for US news media something to chew on over the weekend.

Meanwhile, for the POTUS, it's business as usual.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/02 21:13:56

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 15:38:11 (permalink)
Bear I should knowd what ya had for a retirement. Beg ur pardon, I forgetted, stupid old timers.

I sure hope the 403 money is there for ya to enjoy when ya retire. My benefit is comin in handy to supplement the SS I got screwed out of.

I shouldn't complain I guess, I did retire 3 years early and not likely for me to lose my state benefit and I certainly didnt take the shot in the butt from SS, as bad as yuse who's still workin.

Back at cha on the good weekend.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/02 15:40:04

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 15:44:57 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
Why not?

I guess it depends if they are tax rocks or not...  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 15:58:57 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Doesn't make sense any "good organization" would want to chance exposing the good people to such a harsh environment for the sake of applying for asylum in the US.

Do a search on El Salvador gang violence.  The entire country is basically Chicago.  It is overrun.  Not much different than Syria, fleeing ISIS.  The "harsh environment" of walking the relatively safe streets of Mexico, is like a vacation to what they had become normalized to.  They are being murdered or kidnapped as they wait in their own country to apply the legal way through their embassies, to be denied.  In no way am I saying let them all in, but I can completely understand why they are doing it.  And why I support trying to help them STAY in their own countries.

You mentioned, that is not how we approach things.  I say, why not?  If a dumazz like myself can think of something like that, shouldn't the smartest POTUS ever think of something even better?  Maybe he has and the dems are stopping it from happening?  I have no doubt the dems will tell him no for a cure for cancer.  That is how dysfunctional and polarized that our government is.  It needs to stop, and the only one capable of stopping the polarization, is the one that thrives in it.  I don't see it happening any time soon.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 21:26:43 (permalink)
This is what I wanted to say......

GOOD GRIEF you saying we should expect caravans of people leaving Chicago, seeking asylum in other states.  LOOK OUT CallyfurnyA, here come da people but, it ain't nooooo gold rush this time. 

But after careful consideration...…. I won't.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/03 22:28:51

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/02 23:11:47 (permalink)
So a woman who accused then, Judge Kavanaugh of a sexual crime comes forward and admits she lied.

Gee I wonder might this person be one and the same who threatened to finger Bobby Mueller, till the FBI was sicced on her?

Maybe include Kamala Harris in the investigation too. Wudda yinz think?

https://www.newshub.co.nz...-wanted-attention.html
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/02 23:35:33

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/03 22:08:10 (permalink)
Just saw more evidence Mr Trump is "setting the tone" for defying the "political correct press" allowing politicians to grow some family jewels.

Just ask Bob Casey who is, after all these years, now supporting America steel makers and our military.

Gosh Bob, you for bringing back the steel mills to Pittsburgh, Allentown, and all the other locations where mill workers lost their jobs? Wait......? What, is a mill worker? Geez, silly me, they're Walmart workers now.

Bob Casey pushing for military equipment made from American steel produced by American workers?

For how long Bob, till Wed. Nov 8, 2018 unless you don't get re-elected. then as in your past, you won't care.

Can you imagine, Bob Casey promoting steel produced in America? 😱H Bob, the pollution of it all!!!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/11/03 22:11:29

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/04 08:07:43 (permalink)
Bob Casey has been supporting the Trump initiative since 2011. But yeah, was definitely Trumps original idea...
https://www.casey.senate....tment-in-us-made-goods
JM2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 362
Re: Trump... 2018/11/04 10:03:42 (permalink)
How much steel would go into the construction of a border wall? Would any democrat, including Casey, vote for the funding a border wall?
ICE NUT
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 641
Re: Trump... 2018/11/04 10:15:05 (permalink)
I just read where there are 200 americans a day,thats a day dying from opiate and fentanal addiction.It comes to 72000 a year.The vast majority of the junk is coming across the southern border MEXICO!!! Now don't you think anybody with even a half brainwashed brain would want a strong border wall with just a few points of entry so this couls at least be slowed down.The brainwashed will say they will just build tunnels under the wall so lets just abolish ICE and the border patrol that will stop them.I guess the prospects of many votes and many more thousands of people dependent on their programs is so much more important than the rest of us americans!! But then again a party that allows and condones murder and call it a choice again to get votes well I guess that explains it.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/04 12:12:32 (permalink)
JM2
How much steel would go into the construction of a border wall? Would any democrat, including Casey, vote for the funding a border wall?

Depends on who Casey is talking to at the time.  Republicans; yes he would and Democrats; no he wouldn't and that's why the Democrats in my family will be voting straight ticket Republican this election.  The true PA. "American" democrat knows when they're being bullchyted and it sure'd be nice, to see them flock to the polls and vote Casey out, like they did voting the POTUS in.

But alas, come election day, I'll be wishing in one hand and crapping in the other waiting to see which one fills up first.

EMitch
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 407
Re: Trump... 2018/11/04 17:41:19 (permalink)
Bob Casey has been a do-nothing Senator since he's been in office, what, nearly 12 years. What important pieces of legislation has he written and sponsored? I can't remember his name being mentioned in the news unless he gave his rubber stamp for Obama legislation, and he'll do everything that Schumer tells him to do. But, you gotta hand it to most Pennsylvanians. They love their Democrats and they love their taxes!

Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/04 19:23:36 (permalink)
Emitch……  Assssssssss long assssssss YOUR taxes are going in THEIR pockets.  But hey, the gooder part, more people working paying more taxes.

LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2325
Re: Trump... 2018/11/07 09:22:04 (permalink)
So, with the Dems meager victories last night the big question is whether they are dumb enough to keep Pelosi as Speaker.  I'm guessing they are.  In other news, the senate welcomes its first openly transgender vampire, Ted Cruz.  I mean, if you act the way he does, you can't be an actual man, right???
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7056
Re: Trump... 2018/11/07 09:35:39 (permalink)
LDD
So, with the Dems meager victories last night the big question is whether they are dumb enough to keep Pelosi as Speaker.  I'm guessing they are. 

Of course they are that dumb.  But the more interesting story, to me, is Adam Schiff as the HSCI Chairman with subpoena power, regardless of Trump's morning tweetstorm.  Those 64 subpoena requests that Devin Nunes rejected?  They'll be going forward.  The interview transcripts that Nunes refuses to give to Mueller? He'll have them on day 1 in January.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/07 10:06:16 (permalink)
Dem Congress better be careful on going full force anti-Trump.  If there is extremely good reason to subpoena, sure.  But over half of Americans polled believe the Russia investigation is more political than it is sustenance.  The new Dem Congress will appear to be throwing political pebbles if they go after Trump with 64 subpoena requests.  If the Mueller investigation comes back with anything less than a smoking gun, Trump will be the next President. 

I think his personality is despicable (for a President) and the most divisive President ever.  But it is hard to argue the success of many of his policies (especially economic).  If he wasn't such a spoiled kid with borderline racist Tourette syndrome / narcissistic, he would likely be a slam dunk in 2 years.  The Dems will do whatever they can to keep him in too.  A moderate challenger that would definitely carry the independent and many republican cross over vote to victory, won't get the left base energized.  The left base is out of touch with the reality of economics, and would have the independents either vote third party, not vote or vote Trump.  Basically like 2016 offering up possibly the worst "moderate" candidate they could find, after cheating out a far left option and crushing the base's support.  Dems will find a way to "mess it up".  Why wouldn't they, most are in the top 1% and living it up with the tax cuts they claim they want to get rid of.  I wouldn't doubt that half of the national Democrat politicians actually vote for Trump.

bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1814
Re: Trump... 2018/11/07 10:27:52 (permalink)
LDD
So, with the Dems meager victories last night the big question is whether they are dumb enough to keep Pelosi as Speaker.  I'm guessing they are.  In other news, the senate welcomes its first openly transgender vampire, Ted Cruz.  I mean, if you act the way he does, you can't be an actual man, right???

WOW! You should be ashamed of yourself for making that post.

"Grief can be the garden of compassion, if you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom." Quote by Rumi

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/07 10:41:43 (permalink)
Ok, I'm ashamed.  It is probably highly offensive to transgender people and possibly women.  I apologize.  As far as Ted Cruz is concerned, I could care less.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/07 11:23:21 (permalink)
BTDT's conspiracy of the week

Democrats like Schiff, Pelosi, and Schumer best be careful what they wish for.

Our POTUS already has info in his hands, to be at the least, embarrassing to democrats having future political aspirations. I'm sure yinz would agree those political career minded democrats, would rather 'any such info' remain classified.

In addition, our POTUS now has a stronger senate at his disposal. Anyone needing explanation, raise your hand.

Question is, will Sessions stay or will he go? Not likely to go I'm thinking, as he will now carry out the directive, from the White House, to continue an investigation involving democrats who colluded with not just Russia but with, China and few other countries as well.

Will the Dems put Pelosi in the chair? I sure hope so, just to watch her serve in total agony because nobody pays attention to her. Same thing with Maxine Water and Schiff.

I project, come 2020, Republicans will get stronger in the senate, retake the house and a Republican remains POTUS. With another opening on the Supreme Court to fill.

That's my conspiracy and I'm sticking to it.

Stay tuned

OH..... Ted Cruz is a "transgender vampire? Now that there is a 'real knee slapper'....... 10-4?

Butt it do 'xsplain things.😉

LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2018/11/07 11:41:28 (permalink)
We're probably headed to the depths of dysfunction...unfortunately
Page: << < ..236237238239240.. > >> Showing page 239 of 268
Jump to: