Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..186187188189190.. > >> Showing page 188 of 193
Author
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2029
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2017/09/15 08:55:18 (permalink)
Porktown

Obviously, none of us are going to get the full story, and can only speculate.  I would bet that he asked to use it, thinking that those planes are there for cabinet members to use whenever they want.  With whatever staff & secure communications needed for them.  Let's not forget, the guy is worth $550M, and was a VIP banker for a long time.  Him jumping in a plane and going somewhere, is like most of us jumping in a car and going somewhere.  Those guys have their companies handle everything cost wise.  I would doubt that he knew the plane would be that expensive to operate.  To him, those USAF Col,'s aren't any different than a 1st class steward.  His life style is so different.  I would bet it was an honest mistake.  I would bet his mind was more on joining the mile high club, if he wasn't already a member, than what plane to use.  He probably has 2-3 on stand bye that are much nicer (at least for the passenger) than the one he has flown on from Andrews.  

I guess I didn't realize he was a business partner of Soros in the default deals.  All great guys. 
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6553
Re: Trump... 2017/09/15 10:11:41 (permalink)
Porktown

Obviously, none of us are going to get the full story, and can only speculate.  I would bet that he asked to use it, thinking that those planes are there for cabinet members to use whenever they want.  With whatever staff & secure communications needed for them.  Let's not forget, the guy is worth $550M, and was a VIP banker for a long time.  Him jumping in a plane and going somewhere, is like most of us jumping in a car and going somewhere.  Those guys have their companies handle everything cost wise.  I would doubt that he knew the plane would be that expensive to operate.  To him, those USAF Col,'s aren't any different than a 1st class steward.  His life style is so different.  I would bet it was an honest mistake.  I would bet his mind was more on joining the mile high club, if he wasn't already a member, than what plane to use.  He probably has 2-3 on stand bye that are much nicer (at least for the passenger) than the one he has flown on from Andrews.  

Ignorance is an excuse if you're extra rich?

Evan McMullin says it better than I can: 

Evan McMullin‏Verified account @Evan_McMullin    Sep 13           
You don't request taxpayer funding for your honeymoon in a vacuum. You do it when corruption has become a feature of government culture.

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5946
Re: Trump... 2017/09/15 10:44:09 (permalink)
I'm not excusing it.  I really wouldn't call it ignorance either.  I would bet that he isn't the first that ever requested a plane for personal use (maybe first for honeymoon), when new though.  When you have a businessman with no government experience, he is going to be on a bigger learning curve than say some State Treasurer, ect.  The guy was a successful businessman for a long time.  He is used to that culture.  I am not saying it is a good/bad culture, just something that is his world.  If he was with Goldman Sachs, he would very likely take one of their planes on his honeymoon, and likely go golfing with an associate, to justify the need for the jet.  To Goldman Sachs, it costs them $30K.  The guy is likely credited for making the company $Bs every year.  They likely don't even question him taking one of their planes.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5829
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Trump... 2017/09/15 11:56:11 (permalink)
Was it a private jet flying mommy-in-law and wife back and forth to NYC for all the operas or bogus "all bout the children" vacation trips around the world? I don't recall.

Hey speaking of "I don't recall" I hear rumors about new emails and pay for play?

Somebody gonna be turning states evidence, I'm thinkin, real soon. She's gonna be squeaaaalin like a pig.

Next new book; "How To Turn States Evidence and Save Your Legacy"
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/09/15 11:58:43

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

bigbear2012
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 541
Re: Trump... 2017/09/15 12:09:46 (permalink)
All crooks
Put em in the swamp and drain it.

wishin i was fishin
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/15 12:46:41 (permalink)

New book... The Swamp: Same as It Ever Was
D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/15 13:36:09 (permalink)
LDD

New book... The Swamp: Same as It Ever Was

Gonna be lots of questions for the dear Mr. Sessions.  That NY Times article yesterday...
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/15 16:43:22 (permalink)
U.S. is busy working out criminal extradition agreements with a few unnamed countries. That way when the THREE CANARIES start singing the U.S. will have personnel in place to bring back Barry.

New book; LEGACY IN THE TOILET, HAND ON THE FLUSH VALVE.

Coming to Washington DC soon: Hillary, Susan, and Lorretta in the THREE CANARIES. Stay tuned, The plot thickens...........
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/09/15 16:46:51

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/17 17:21:50 (permalink)
πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜….... I'm sorry

πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†...... I'm sorry

πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜….... No I'm not!!!

πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†

https://youtu.be/PRj3HDil8bc

Walleye jigs
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 987
Re: Trump... 2017/09/17 18:47:43 (permalink)
Fingers crossed! Hoping Trump fires the U.N and throws them out of the country!! Let them freeload on someone else's dime for a change. South Pole would be my choice, at least they'd have to get off their azzes and move around to stay warm.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/17 19:24:44 (permalink)
Jigs I know two places where signs calling for the U.S. to get out of the U.N. have been maintained for years.

Looks like the owners of those signs may see their wish come true.

Who knew???

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3665
Re: Trump... 2017/09/18 06:55:36 (permalink)
Sort of Trump related -- I guess.

Last evening as I switched the channel away from CBS when the Emmys came on ( not interested in a bunch of folks who pretend for a living and have an inflated sense of self worth congratulating each other while having a three-hour bash Trump fest), before the channel changed, my wife noticed that folks were wearing blue ribbons and asked if I knew what they were for. (In her work world, blue ribbons symbolize Foster Care month in May and show support for foster children and foster families.). I told her I did not, but surmised that they had something to do with bashing Trump in a round about way.

This morning, a banner headline on MSN revealed that the blue ribbons were to show support for the ACLU and the article went on to quote several celebrities that found it important to make "this historic stand" against and administion which is attacking our individual liberties.

I guess those who were so adamant about showing their support and pushing their agenda missed that the ACLU backed Trump's stand on blaming all participants in Charllotsville.

I believe the an appropriate movie title would be " Dumb and Dumber." (Yes, I know Emmys are TV and Oscars are movies.) But hey, they're stars and we should listen to them and we are just the little people. Even if they have no idea what they are talking about.
post edited by DarDys - 2017/09/18 07:07:20

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/18 09:22:42 (permalink)
There is no other greater display of indoctrinated minds, in the world, than the Emmena's.

For one night of the year these people get together, clapping like Seals, acting like they care about each other.

Off camera they hate each other far greater, than they do the POTUS.

Bubble living at it's finest.

Easy enough to control Hollywood, control their drugs.

BUTT that is another matter of it's own.

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/18 14:47:52 (permalink)
Misha Flynn 2016 - Lock Her Up!  Lock Her Up!

Misha Flynn 2017 - Please help me play my legal bills

General Flynn‏Verified account @GenFlynn                         7h7 hours ago                       
Lori and I are very grateful to my brother Joe and sister Barbara for creating a fund to help pay my legal defense costs. 1/2

General Flynn‏Verified account @GenFlynn                         7h7 hours ago                       We deeply appreciate the support of family and friends across this nation who have touched our lives. http://www.mikeflynndefensefund.org   2/2

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/18 14:50:21 (permalink)
How much did you contribute "D"?

Walleye jigs
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/18 15:59:08 (permalink)
B.T have you noticed how simular our Trump thread is to the NASCAR thread?
We both go round and round and round, saying and doing the same old thing for hours or days with no changes! And to top it off 90% of the fans are only here waiting for the big wreck!
D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/18 16:55:16 (permalink)
LOL

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/351132-wh-officials-fear-colleagues-are-wearing-a-wire-for-mueller-report

Paranoia self destroy ya! 

But, ya know, you're not paranoid if "they" really are after you.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/18 21:29:24 (permalink)
Jigs the difference being, we're winning this race... 10-4?

Speaking of wires, some interesting news about Manafort...... EH?

The plot thickens.........

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3665
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 08:15:03 (permalink)
I heard an interview with Gorka on the radio the other day and he talked about he and Bannon leaving the WH. His contention was that they were hamstrung in their push to Make America Great Again due to the constraints put upon federal employees and they needed to leave in order to continue their efforts. Could be pure BS and just rationalization for getting canned, but who knows, especially since he continued with something I found interesting.

He called Trump the accidental GOP candidate. The whole point was to push the MAGA agenda and that it was quite ironic that they were able to use GOP money and their political machine to basically get a third party candidate elected since the campaign theme was Make America Great Again and not Make the GOP Great or even relevant Again. I had never heard it put quite that way before.

But if one looks at it objectively and without using either the lens of Never Trump or the Trump Train riders, it kind of makes sense in a way.

For sure, Trump does not side with the Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer Democrats. But he also does not completely throw in his lot for the Bush, Ryan, McConnell, McCain Republicans either. It seems he uses factions of each to move his MAGA agenda forward, against great resistance from both sides, whenever possible. That tends to whizz off one side, the other, or both -- including their followers among " We, the People" because the act of political theater has denegrated into an " us vs. them" zero-sum game and no longer looks to negotiate integratively for a win-win for the American people, but rather who won the war of the latest sound bite or momentary optics. The thoughts and stance are win for one ideology or another or, if not possible, stalemate the issue because at least it's not a loss.

In other words, Trump has kind of emerged as the Third Party candidate, but with actual name recognition and the ability to use one of the major party's time, people, and money -- the very thing which is holding back any meaningful inroads by the Independents or any other third party.

In another radio interview, I didn't catch the person's name because I was listening so passively (until he said the following and it garnered interest), the thought was put forth that Trump would refuse the GOP nomination for 2020, let the GOP put up someone like Kasich to go against the Dems identification politics darling of the hour such as Warren, Booker, or (the trifecta) Harris and Trump would run as an Independent. The GOP and Dems would split the 60% of the hardcore party liners at 30/30 and the other 40% which are center or just slightly left or right of center would go Independent and re-elect Trump and from that position the idea of a Third Party option becomes viable and a reality.

Again, it might be pure manure, but it was interesting to listen to and contemplate. At least more interesting that the tit-for-tat drivel which had been spilling out of D.C. in between the non stop hurricane coverage (which is Trump's fault, by the way πŸ˜ƒ).

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
LDD
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 09:18:25 (permalink)

In other words, Trump has kind of emerged as the Third Party candidate, but with actual name recognition and the ability to use one of the major party's time, people, and money --

So what you're saying is that he's a huge tick on the **** of the elephant, a parasite on the Republican party?? 

In all seriousness, I would say that's exactly what happened.  He was able to co-opt GOP money, recognition and VOTERS (real party-line types) and blend them with his base for the win.  Moving forward, I think he wrote the playbook for an outsider being able to infiltrate the establishment and succeed. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 10:00:04 (permalink)
Paid his own way, threw political correctness out the window, doesn't cater to the MSM, has no fear of calling any politician, reporter or, country leader out.

πŸš‚-MakeAmericaGreatAgain

πŸš‚-AmericaFirst

πŸš‚-Drain The Swamp

Nothing hard to understand about that.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/09/19 10:01:37

bigbear2012
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 10:00:31 (permalink)
That line of though has a lot of valid points.  But to put him in the middle of the road is an issue.

Personally, I have felt the Republican party has needed split in two since about the Regan era.  There has been a very definable rift in the ideas they support and all a fundamental issue like that can do is weaken the party.

So, let the Trump train and all its radical right supporters start a third party.  And the moderate republicans can get back to running the show as they should.

wishin i was fishin
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 10:07:41 (permalink)
More like the POTUS is getting rid of "The Third Party" made of rogue Democrats, Republicans and, Independants.

Drain The Swamp!!

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 10:07:43 (permalink)
bigbear2012
That line of though has a lot of valid points.  But to put him in the middle of the road is an issue.

Personally, I have felt the Republican party has needed split in two since about the Regan era.  There has been a very definable rift in the ideas they support and all a fundamental issue like that can do is weaken the party.

So, let the Trump train and all its radical right supporters start a third party.  And the moderate republicans can get back to running the show as they should. 

Or, the moderate Republicans and moderate Democrats unite under a platform, where 90% of the middle class is aligned politically.  Big business would never allow it though.

Painting Trump middle of the road, is more than an issue.  It is an insult to those 90%.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 10:31:27 (permalink)
POTUS speaking to U.N. regarding North Korea refers to Kim as πŸš€ROCKET MANπŸš€ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ CNN, MSNBC, ESPN, TRUMP THREAD ❄'s...... Piszing their panty's

Hey yinz see Pelosi getting a taste of her own medicine? Won't be long before that swamp rat goes down the drain.

Chucky Schumer ain't looking so good either.

Chuck and Nancy opened the door for other Dems to cross the line and help with MAGA.

The "Establishment" is going down the swamp drain.

America making America Great Again.

PS. How about that Stock Market?? AmIrite??
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/09/19 10:42:51

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 10:52:43 (permalink)
Obama did a great job with the economy, didn't he?

Good to see Pelosi getting protested.  You do realize, she is being protested, because she is backing border security, right?  Not sure how the far right tabloid garbage that many of you get your "news" from, will be able to spin her as, no border security, no amnesty for all, far left nut after that?  I'm sure they will.  
D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 11:29:06 (permalink)
Who thinks Paul Manafort is the only member of the Trump campaign with his phone tapped?  LOL
bigbear2012
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 11:37:56 (permalink)
Hey lets push term limits and a 401K for the rats.

wishin i was fishin
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 12:22:57 (permalink)
Porktown
Obama did a great job with the economy, didn't he?
Β 
Good to see Pelosi getting protested. Β You do realize, she is being protested, because she is backing border security, right? Β Not sure how the far right tabloid garbage that many of you get your "news" from, will be able to spin her as, no border security, no amnesty for all, far left nut after that? Β I'm sure they will. Β 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Who's Obama??? Oh yeah the dude who refused to (cause he couldn't) provide a birth certificate and now has no legacy.

Thatz right "D" now your catchin on. POTUS was correct, "again". πŸ˜†

Can't wait to see who else Obama wire tapped because "THEY were involved with Russia too".

ohhhhhh..... The plot do thicken!!!! πŸ˜‰
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/09/19 12:28:27

Walleye jigs
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2017/09/19 12:29:11 (permalink)
Term limits should have always been the LAW! Term limits stops any President from becoming a dictator but what about the low life's in Congress and Senate? I also firmly believe no person, male or female, should be able to be Commander and Chief unless they have HONORABLY served ONE hitch in the military.
Page: << < ..186187188189190.. > >> Showing page 188 of 193
Jump to: