Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 430
Author
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2833
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 11:23:59 (permalink)
The whole GOP is anti brown, jus say'IN. Why the reasons for unfair voter ID laws Or why it is so hard to get any "pot laws" passed? Heck Trump wants to build a wall and restrict Muslims. Not too many "white folk" fall into those categories huh? Boggled my mind seeing dark faces in that crowd at the RNC. Nothing like voting against your own interests. Ofcourse, the GOP has feasted on those citizens for as long as I can remember.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2016/07/25 11:28:07
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 11:43:35 (permalink)
Hillary speaking right now (live TV) with VFW people and a big back drop with VFW.  I wonder, will she be apologizing for the Benghazi attack or will she ask; What difference does it make??

Looking rattled to say the least.

Hey Hillary, do ya hear that train acomin'

Mercy sakes she looks bad!!!!!!

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/27 09:13:13

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8442
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 13:07:22 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
"D" if I bought the "boat", Trump will get-r-fixed and in little to no time.   Also, just who are the suckers?

He knows just as much about fixing leaking boat hulls as he does ISIS, immigration or running the country.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 13:58:12 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
Why do some all's try to bring color into this discussion? The only colors here are red and blue, Dems and Reps! Grow up and argue about the parties good or bad leave that other bull where it belongs. We're debating Trump and Hillary's honesty among other things they've  said or done right or wrong. 
 BT ticket is in hand let's get this thing rolling!!!

Here's my view on "color" in politics.  

Democratic Party (not all registered Democrats), are all about give aways to certain ethnicities, for their vote.  It is clear as day.  Those give aways are coming from the middle class tax payer to certain ethnicities, and not to others, because they don't vote as much...  It was appauling how the Clinton campaign and "the civil rights leaders" painted Bernie Sanders when in states like South Carolina, with a high portion of African American voters.  Her message completely changed from whatever state she was in previously.  The Democratic Party feels that handouts for votes is an acceptable practice, not realizing (or caring to realize), that all it is doing is reinforcing the concept, that you can sit around and do drugs and drink every day (no matter the skin color), and there will be a welfare check and public housing/assistance available to you.  When Sanders was asked what he would do for this sector, he responded that his policies would ensure that anyone working full time, would have wages to support a family.  His policies would create more jobs for this sector, and they wouldn't have to be as reliant on welfare.  The Dems and civil rights activists called this anti-African American, and the Republicans called this Communism...  Many Democrat voters place too much stock in the diversity of the party, rather than why the diversity is there.  Don't get me wrong, not all legislation is handouts, there is a lot more legislation, coming from the Democratic party, that truly addresses issues in this country that involve race.

The GOP platform is all about the old white man (not all registered Republicans).  There is no denying that is the platform, and could add upper middle class and above to that as well, when speaking of the economic policies.  They adopted a socially conservative message, to encompass the poor white religious vote, most don't seem to care, or realize, they are getting raked over the coals financially.  But worth it, if a man and another man can't be married, I guess?  Or, if a 2 week old fetus is killed, but who cares less about African American kids killing each other (again, not all registered Republicans).  That said, the Democrats are going well beyond just wanting "equality".  So, I certainly can understand why some registered Republican voters (not the party itself) are concerned that this "equality" sounds a bit more like "take my money and give to someone, just because of their ethnicity"?  It sounds that way to this Independent voter.

I agree 100% with Sanders that this is more of an economic issue than race issue.  I don't agree with his approach on fixing though.  Do I personally think there should be living wages for fast food workers, no (if other programs are left in place), yes if we reform welfare as we know it.  Only "free" money/housing for people that are truly unable to be employed (disabled or mentally unfit).  Does that mean a company is forced to pay $15/hour?  I say no.  That would just cause inflation, and those of us making over $15/hr, would take years to catch up to those given a raise while we go without and the cost of everything else goes up.  I do think $7.25 is ridiculous, but local economies have a way of setting a minimum wage.  I know my local Sheetz is starting at $10/hr, and likely be hard pressed to find anything paying $7.25/hr.  I would imagine NY, SF and other economies that enacted $15 minimum wage, already had local wages around $15 min., so them enacting was just an advertisement for their cities.  I would think that blending this with our current, no work and receive benefits welfare program, would be a better solution.  If the "living wage" in my area is full time $12/hr, then the person getting $10/hr would receive whatever tax relief it would be to bring their $10 to $12.  That way, areas where $8/hr is "living wage" aren't forcing small businesses to pay.  Instead, this money is coming from the programs that are giving away money for no work currently (still from us middle class tax payers).  The key is, you have to be full time employee.  If forcing $15/hr on small businesses, they are going to change a lot of full time employees to part time.  I personally would have a lot less issue with part of my paycheck going to a fast food worker, than it going to some trailer park/ghetto king, that gets up each day and drinks for a living...
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 14:16:45 (permalink)
Porktown

Here's my view on "color" in politics.  

Democratic Party (not all registered Democrats), are all about give aways to certain ethnicities, for their vote.  It is clear as day.  Those give aways are coming from the middle class tax payer to certain ethnicities, and not to others, because they don't vote as much...  It was appauling how the Clinton campaign and "the civil rights leaders" painted Bernie Sanders when in states like South Carolina, with a high portion of African American voters.  Her message completely changed from whatever state she was in previously.  The Democratic Party feels that handouts for votes is an acceptable practice, not realizing (or caring to realize), that all it is doing is reinforcing the concept, that you can sit around and do drugs and drink every day (no matter the skin color), and there will be a welfare check and public housing/assistance available to you.  When Sanders was asked what he would do for this sector, he responded that his policies would ensure that anyone working full time, would have wages to support a family.  His policies would create more jobs for this sector, and they wouldn't have to be as reliant on welfare.  The Dems and civil rights activists called this anti-African American, and the Republicans called this Communism...  Many Democrat voters place too much stock in the diversity of the party, rather than why the diversity is there.  Don't get me wrong, not all legislation is handouts, there is a lot more legislation, coming from the Democratic party, that truly addresses issues in this country that involve race.

The GOP platform is all about the old white man (not all registered Republicans).  There is no denying that is the platform, and could add upper middle class and above to that as well, when speaking of the economic policies.  They adopted a socially conservative message, to encompass the poor white religious vote, most don't seem to care, or realize, they are getting raked over the coals financially.  But worth it, if a man and another man can't be married, I guess?  Or, if a 2 week old fetus is killed, but who cares less about African American kids killing each other (again, not all registered Republicans).  That said, the Democrats are going well beyond just wanting "equality".  So, I certainly can understand why some registered Republican voters (not the party itself) are concerned that this "equality" sounds a bit more like "take my money and give to someone, just because of their ethnicity"?  It sounds that way to this Independent voter.

I agree 100% with Sanders that this is more of an economic issue than race issue.  I don't agree with his approach on fixing though.  Do I personally think there should be living wages for fast food workers, no (if other programs are left in place), yes if we reform welfare as we know it.  Only "free" money/housing for people that are truly unable to be employed (disabled or mentally unfit).  Does that mean a company is forced to pay $15/hour?  I say no.  That would just cause inflation, and those of us making over $15/hr, would take years to catch up to those given a raise while we go without and the cost of everything else goes up.  I do think $7.25 is ridiculous, but local economies have a way of setting a minimum wage.  I know my local Sheetz is starting at $10/hr, and likely be hard pressed to find anything paying $7.25/hr.  I would imagine NY, SF and other economies that enacted $15 minimum wage, already had local wages around $15 min., so them enacting was just an advertisement for their cities.  I would think that blending this with our current, no work and receive benefits welfare program, would be a better solution.  If the "living wage" in my area is full time $12/hr, then the person getting $10/hr would receive whatever tax relief it would be to bring their $10 to $12.  That way, areas where $8/hr is "living wage" aren't forcing small businesses to pay.  Instead, this money is coming from the programs that are giving away money for no work currently (still from us middle class tax payers).  The key is, you have to be full time employee.  If forcing $15/hr on small businesses, they are going to change a lot of full time employees to part time.  I personally would have a lot less issue with part of my paycheck going to a fast food worker, than it going to some trailer park/ghetto king, that gets up each day and drinks for a living...

Best observation how things really are that I have seen yet!
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1230
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 14:29:34 (permalink)
Wow, a ray of common sense! I absolutely speechless someone has voice his opinion and makes complete sense, no insults no disrespect to anyone just good common sense. Won't get me off the Train but sure showed there's hope yet!
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 15:10:20 (permalink)
Walleye jigs
Wow, a ray of common sense! I absolutely speechless someone has voice his opinion and makes complete sense, no insults no disrespect to anyone just good common sense. Won't get me off the Train but sure showed there's hope yet!

I could, and probably will insult you for being a Trump supporter at some point Jigs!  To me, the guy is to phony and clearly not fit to be President.  If that statement is insulting, it wasn't meant to be.  Hillary is part of the problem of this country, and not exactly sure which I despise more.  I have not completely ruled out voting for either of them, but will not give support for either.  If someone on here starts spouting off ridiculous propaganda, filled with lies in either direction, I will likely comment, and may sound insulting if it doesn't match another person's definition of common sense...  

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 15:29:27 (permalink)
Thank you for the respect and I return it to you! As for Trump yes he scares the hell out of me but I'm  tired of the same old political bs from career liars and when I cast my vote for Donald I pray and hope he succeeds in upsetting governments so much they finally get something right. And I'm a registered Democrat!
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 16:08:49 (permalink)
I'm glad you at least see what is so clear to others, but riding the hope wave.  That wave crashed on me with Obama.  If Trump gets in, I'll be praying for the same that you said.  Who knows, I might be pulling a lever for him.  If the Russians (or whoever hacked the DNC) provide even more damaging info, and the race is still tight, who knows.  Like most elections, I will vote against the worst evil.  At this point, they are neck and neck.  I'm hopeful this circus will at least bump Johnson and Weld to 15%, to hear what they have to say, prior to the election.  I'd much rather it be Weld as the #1 for them, but like all political parties, they don't seem to have a clue...  Johnson sounds like an intimidated schoolyard nerd when pressured.  That alone does not boast well for a President.  I think both Trump and Hillary will eat him up if he gets in the debates.  It is a shame, since I think most Americans are moderate, but RNC and DNC do their best to split as far from the middle.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 16:16:56 (permalink)
Porktown
BeenThereDoneThat.
"D" if I bought the "boat", Trump will get-r-fixed and in little to no time.   Also, just who are the suckers?

He knows just as much about fixing leaking boat hulls as he does ISIS, immigration or running the country.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................
Didn't say Trump would fix it himself, I said he would "get-r-fixed".  You should really try and understand what you are reading and stop quoting what you don't understand.

I should like to congratulate you on your most recent post, you certainly tried to keep everyone happy with that one.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/25 16:22:48

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 16:48:16 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

You should really try and understand what you are reading and stop quoting what you don't understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nycs5Rryykw

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 17:02:39 (permalink)
That pretty much sums up my suggestion, showing in your quote, just what you want others to see.  Good one dude.

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1080
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 17:21:23 (permalink)
pensfan1
The whole GOP is anti brown, jus say'IN. Why the reasons for unfair voter ID laws Or why it is so hard to get any "pot laws" passed? Heck Trump wants to build a wall and restrict Muslims. Not too many "white folk" fall into those categories huh? Boggled my mind seeing dark faces in that crowd at the RNC. Nothing like voting against your own interests. Ofcourse, the GOP has feasted on those citizens for as long as I can remember.

Unfair voting laws!!!! You mean like proving who you are before you vote, that's unfair??? Just about everything you do you have to show proof of whom you are.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 17:37:36 (permalink)
Anybody watch Hillary address the Veterans of Foreign Wars in Philadelphia today?

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/27 09:14:34

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 17:38:22 (permalink)
A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.
In an exhaustive public records search, reporters from the investigative reporting project "News21" sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.
Analysis of the resulting comprehensive News21 election fraud database turned up 10 cases of voter impersonation. With 146 million registered voters in the United States during that time, those 10 cases represent one out of about every 15 million prospective voters.
10 cases. 10 cases of in-person voter impersonation that might have been deterred by polling place Photo ID restrictions --- restrictions which, according to study after study, could keep as many as 22 million perfectly legal eligible voters from being able to cast their legal vote.
But, again, the Republicans who have been enacting these laws are doing it for exactly that reason: to keep those who are most likely to lack the type of state-issued Photo ID required to vote under these new restrictions --- the elderly, minorities, the poor and students (read: Democratic-leaning voters) --- from being able to cast their legal vote.

Pulled this from a simple search. There was a whole page of links, feel free to check them out. Search voter fraud.

How many of those 22 million do you think are Trumpers? Jus ask'IN Jus say'IN.... or old white men for that matter?
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 17:44:37 (permalink)
You might like this one too ICE.

http://www.politifact.com...-very-rare-phenomenon/
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 17:48:36 (permalink)
pensfan1
A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.
In an exhaustive public records search, reporters from the investigative reporting project "News21" sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.
Analysis of the resulting comprehensive News21 election fraud database turned up 10 cases of voter impersonation. With 146 million registered voters in the United States during that time, those 10 cases represent one out of about every 15 million prospective voters.
10 cases. 10 cases of in-person voter impersonation that might have been deterred by polling place Photo ID restrictions --- restrictions which, according to study after study, could keep as many as 22 million perfectly legal eligible voters from being able to cast their legal vote.
But, again, the Republicans who have been enacting these laws are doing it for exactly that reason: to keep those who are most likely to lack the type of state-issued Photo ID required to vote under these new restrictions --- the elderly, minorities, the poor and students (read: Democratic-leaning voters) --- from being able to cast their legal vote.

Pulled this from a simple search. There was a whole page of links, feel free to check them out. Search voter fraud.

How many of those 22 million do you think are Trumpers? Jus ask'IN Jus say'IN.... or old white men for that matter?

Here.......  Over here, that would be me, ........over here!!!!!!      

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 18:05:00 (permalink)
All of that applies to me , except  student, and I have no problem showing photo I D to prove who I am. Sometimes I had to show proof two or three times a day! Doctors banks stores. What's the big deal.? Fish USA didn't require it but it did anyway. See good looking old white guy fishing proudly.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 18:16:49 (permalink)
So do you concede the point that voter fraud is a total made up talking point to justify voter supression under the guise of voter ID laws? AND that it excludes a certain demographic from said suppression?
post edited by pensfan1 - 2016/07/25 18:19:18
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 18:38:39 (permalink)
No!! With things the way they are today I see no wrong in having to prove who you are to cast a vote in American election! Americans of both sexes and All races fought and died for so that the legal residents of this COUNTRY have that Right. And after they shed their blood or gave their life I feel for you if it bothers you to show ID.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 18:59:58 (permalink)
Dude did you even read the friggin article. 10 cases! 10 cases out of 2100? And that was since 2000. 10 ACTUAL cases of in person voter fraud.....
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 19:01:37 (permalink)
So now soldiers fought and died for the right to have voter suppression laws inacted? Wow thas a new one. What bothers me is stolen elections. Voter suppression and the fact that evidence shows that voter fraud happens at about 1 in 15million votes clip. Wtf dude.....????
post edited by pensfan1 - 2016/07/25 19:06:59
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 19:26:02 (permalink)
You'll have to carry this discussion on by yourself, I'm going to move over to the adult table!
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 19:36:24 (permalink)
Right adult table. Thas funny too. As if you can judge who's worthy. Jus say'IN. Keep deflecting

Guess there is a reason Trump is polling at 39% of white college degree holding voters and 62% of white non degree holders.

In the words of Dean Wormer" Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"
post edited by pensfan1 - 2016/07/25 19:37:26
Dim Mak
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 297
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 19:57:41 (permalink)
Watch it there Pensfan, some of them resemble that remark.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 20:22:50 (permalink)
What is wrong with showing some form of ID, hell ya can't buy a fishing license without providing your SS number and to me that number is very personal but yet, we are required to provide it.

I'm not so concerned about voter fraud but I sure would like to see the remaining 9 states jump on the band wagon and abolish "straight ballot voting".   Am I mistaken, Michigan eliminated the the "straight ticket" in Jan. but the rule has been turned over recently?  If that's fact, how is it, other states where permitted to abolish it?  Might it have been because Michigan included their "no reason absentee ballot"?

As for Trump polling at 62% white non degree holders; well you see we are tired of funding the promises politicians like Hillary and Bernie are buying votes with.

You forgot the best part Scott.......  Ready?        And Dam' Proud of It TOO! 

Hey Scott, before I go, was ya able to get the channel changed on that mirror?    Ha Haaa ha haaa!!!  Oh yeah.... where ya been?

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/25 20:27:55

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 21:12:17 (permalink)
New Democratic chant echoing the streets of Philadelphia:

'Hell No, DNC, We Won't Vote For Hillary'  

Kinda catchy huh?

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 21:56:58 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
What is wrong with showing some form of ID, hell ya can't buy a fishing license without providing your SS number and to me that number is very personal but yet, we are required to provide it. I'm not so concerned about voter fraud

Well that's good because true voter fraud happens about 1 vote every 5 states over 16 years. So what is the reason for being ok with a law that would disqualify up to 22million legal voters from voting? All because they don't have a photo ID. And most voter laws are State Issue Photo ID. Not SS card. And I don't ever recall using a SS# for a fishing lisc.

So if you don't care about voter fraud, why so pro voter law? Oh thas right, because it really doesn't affect the GOP turn out. And "really doesn't" is code for doesn't at all. So you suppress 22M in key states with garbage voter laws and you could maybe swing an election. Ofcourse it wouldn't be the first stolen election in my life time. #thanksflorida#zippythaclown#darthchaney
WETLINE
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 22:07:35 (permalink)
to pensfan

Apparently you haven't bought a fishing license in the last 4-5 years because YOU MOST DEFINITELY need to give your social security number to buy a license.  And if you live in the 21st century, you should have some kind of photo id. In your case, maybe to pick up your food stamps or democratic voting check.  AND YOU HAVE TO GIVE YOUR PHOTO ID TO BUY IT ALSO!!!!  So needing one to vote shouldn't be a problem.

WETLINE
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/25 22:09:30 (permalink)
pensfan1

Well that's good because true voter fraud happens about 1 vote every 5 states over 16 years. So what is the reason for being ok with a law that would disqualify up to 22million legal voters from voting? All because they don't have a photo ID. And most voter laws are State Issue Photo ID. Not SS card. And I don't ever recall using a SS# for a fishing lisc.

So if you don't care about voter fraud, why so pro voter law? Oh thas right, because it really doesn't affect the GOP turn out. And "really doesn't" is code for doesn't at all. So you suppress 22M in key states with garbage voter laws and you could maybe swing an election. Ofcourse it wouldn't be the first stolen election in my life time. #thanksflorida#zippythaclown#darthchaney

http://fishandboat.com/fi..b/summary/licenses.html

Social Security Number Requirements - Since 1998, federal and state laws require purchasers of a Pennsylvania fishing license to provide their social security number when applying to purchase a fishing license.

Come to think of it, why should anyone have to buy a fishing license?

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 430
Jump to: