Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 430
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2016/07/19 15:58:16 (permalink)
Dardy's that is exactly what some of these people want to happen, their opinions (which usually aren't theirs to begin with) have no merit.

It's not that you failed to explain your point but from their rhetoric, you can plainly see, they have absolutely no intention of understanding your point of view.

I myself find humor in their responses and choose to stay with the thread for the mere enjoyment of seeing them struggling, knowing themselves, Trump will be the next President of The United States.

Take for instance the questions posed to me, by Tippe, of which he sees as important matters to base his opinion.  Not to state his opinion mind you but rather, try and put me into a position whereby he will attempt to make me look bad because he knows I won't respond, directly to those questions.  

But, maybe I should follow your lead and just say goodbye to this thread as well as the entire forum...........  nahhhh, that's what they want!

*****************************************************************************************************

Tippe, I don't judge a person by their race or religion nor do I judge a person based on their claimed education or knowledge.  

I do watch the actions, which speak louder then words, of people to see if they hold true to the comments and promises they make.    

I must say the actions by the "presumptive Democratic nominee", while holding the position of "Secretary of State", has me very concerned as to what direction "she" might take our great nation.

I see actions of voting for independents as super waste of a good vote, but silly me; our votes don't count and that's why Trump, set astounding records for primary voter turn out and beat 16 other Republican contenders.  Many of those candidates, if not all, being controlled and supported by the establishment.   That reminds me, Trump threatened running as an independent; would you vote for him then?

Maybe I'll be disappointed in Trump's action as President but at least for now I, along with millions of other voters, think Trump is the better choice.

Hopefully the Trump Train, stands united, and cleans house along with the senate.  But, I won't be a bit surprised to see some of those yellow belly politicians jumping on the "Trump Train" trying to salvage their political careers.

One last comment, if I might:  Get Out and VOTE; it is your civic responsibility.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8380
Re: Trump... 2016/07/19 17:37:39 (permalink)
DarDys
I didn't say it was a GOP thing.

And, yes, in 1983, if you were to be taken as a serious journalist, you did not register with a party nor vote.

I very well know the difference between op-ed and news, but unfortunately, op-ed has become the news for the most part.

My responding in this thread was attempting to point that out. Since I obviously failed in that endeavor, I'll refrain from further input.

On your initial comment of the subject, it did not really appear that this was your point.  As you discussed further, this point is very valid.  I am still kind of struggling to grasp that the headline alone, says "Pence hates NY".  I read it more as "Pence is a boring, safe man".  Then again, I am not one to only read the headline.  Do I always read the whole article, not a chance...  But I rarely just read the headline, unless it is something that I have absolutely no interest in.  A boring, safe man, is honestly is what I personally look for in a leader of this country.  If he were the GOP candidate, I'd think he'd win in a landslide.  It is amazing that Trump can talk like he does, insult so many people, and bee about as crooked of a candidate ever, and still be close to a draw right now.  That is how bad Hillary is.  Pence would destroy her head to head.

With social media and so many "news" outlets (or political coverage media), I agree, much of it has become commentary and not journalism.  Fox News & MSNBC are about 90% op-ed.  CNN isn't too far behind.  That said, social media (including this forum) are a huge part of everyone's lives, so there is definitely a place for having some sort of "coverage" by "news media" of social media happenings.  Again, it is op-ed type stuff.  Is there more pressing matters, you bet there are.  Do I want to only read about police getting killed, wackos driving delivery trucks into crowds, or kids killing each other?  That is what op-ed is all about, and has been around for a long time.  Is it pure journalism, no, but it has kept journalists in business.  Without op-ed, not many news media would still be around, only selling journalism.
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1227
Re: Trump... 2016/07/19 17:51:21 (permalink)
Get ready to get upset but I FIRMLY believe if  Carter had balls bigger than the peanuts he grows a lot of this BS would not be going on today! We might not be liked but we would be respected and like my step dad said if you look at respect hard enough you'll  see fear!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/19 20:55:59 (permalink)
An old timer once told me; judge a man by his actions then, lace up your gloves.

Thus far, I've been given no reason to put gloves on.😋

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/19 22:56:00 (permalink)
I am sitting in front of my TV watching the convention and I'm totally awestruck. Imagine that, me speechless.

I just heard one of the greatest awakening speeches by a very intellegent man, regarding the future of our country.

My gosh I hope the media doesn't cry plagiarism. The speech was very well written and presented.

Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 11:02:33 (permalink)
Porktown
I wonder how the whole, "stop bullying" campaign in schools will go, if the knuckle draggers are able to get their candidate in.  Kids committing suicide over bullying is part of Making America Great Again.

For as much time and effort is spent on this stuff in our district, I would think administrators would actually do something about it when it happens.  

Ours is one of those small, semi-rural districts but the examples I could give of how bullies get away with crap - legit physical, verbal and sexual harassment/intimidation - would make your head spin.  Crickets from the admins on this stuff, and I can't imagine what it's like in some schools in the Pittsburgh area.  

Probably can't get much worse.  
post edited by rsquared - 2016/07/20 11:04:46
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 11:42:06 (permalink)
Ha haaaa ha............  C'Mon D-nymph, you know I'm right, jump aboard the "Trump Train".                  TOOT toooooooooot!                                                                    

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1227
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 11:48:52 (permalink)
BT, the FINGER is watching! Play nice.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 12:17:20 (permalink)
rsquared

For as much time and effort is spent on this stuff in our district, I would think administrators would actually do something about it when it happens.  

Ours is one of those small, semi-rural districts but the examples I could give of how bullies get away with crap - legit physical, verbal and sexual harassment/intimidation - would make your head spin.  Crickets from the admins on this stuff, and I can't imagine what it's like in some schools in the Pittsburgh area.  

Probably can't get much worse.  

I agree, they spend a ton of time and effort on the front end, of trying to stop it.  But when it does happen, they don't seem to know how to deal with it.  Every kid being on social media is really where things have gotten bad.  In our day, if an older kid was giving you issues, you either got your older buddies to have your back if you were going to physically stand up to him or avoided those kids until they were off to the next kid.  You were always safe at home though.  Now days, the bullying goes on 24/7 with some of these kids and no escape.  Repeat offenders should be kicked out of school.  See how their parents enjoy paying taxes and tuition to a private school.

Having a so called leader, that blatantly uses bullying tactics for the POTUS?  Little Marco, Lying Ted, Crooked Hillary???  Wow.  What an example for Biff McFly and O'Doyle's of the world.
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 13:00:50 (permalink)
LOL!

Trump wanted Kasich to basically do everything for him while he ran around 'Making America Great Again!'.  Kasich is not a good guy, IMO, but good for him for turning down Trump!  Double good for him blowing off the convention in his own state.  Has that ever happened?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...nb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP
D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 14:00:10 (permalink)
Third Eye Blind is a mediocre at best band, but that's all Trump can get to show support for him, washed up & mediocre (what happened to "the best & the brightest"?, oh well...) 90s band.  But good for them for trolling those racists right in their faces.  Hilarious.

https://mic.com/articles/...d7a55bc001f#.VPxSjXayx

Apparently it was not the RNC itself, but an event in Cleveland where the band played.  The trolling is still top notch, regardless.
From the band:

To clarify:
We did not play an RNC event. We performed at a benefit for Musicians on Call because we support their mission in bringing music to the bedsides of patients in hospitals.
Given that the benefit was held in Cleveland, we suspected that convention types might show up and we let it be known we were there to support Musicians on Call and that we in fact repudiate every last stitch of the RNC platform and the grotesque that is their nominee.
...--Science is science.
--Coal is not clean.
--Black Lives Matter.
--LGBTQ = equal.
--Separation of church and state (still a good idea)
We could go on.
We have Republican friends, family members, and fans, and we love them all. What we reject is what their party has come to stand for. But in keeping with Musicians on Call's message, we believe in the gathering power of music. With that spirit we don't step back from our audience wherever or whomever they are.
Warmly, your friends in 3eb.

post edited by D-nymph - 2016/07/20 15:41:17
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 14:37:59 (permalink)
PorkTown the Biff McFly/Donald Trump comparison is spot on, and also hilarious. 

I am going to be referring to him as "The Biff" and, God forbid, "President Biff" from now on.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 14:47:56 (permalink)
Come on man.  They were able to land Charles in Charge!  He was huge in the 80s.  Rumor has it, Alf was lined up, but tragically passed away in June.  Cat overdose, from what I am told.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 14:49:09 (permalink)
tippecanoe
PorkTown the Biff McFly/Donald Trump comparison is spot on, and also hilarious. 

I am going to be referring to him as "The Biff" and, God forbid, "President Biff" from now on.

Biff Tannen dude.  Anyone home McFly???
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 14:50:39 (permalink)
Speaking of Biff.  He looks eerily like Bill Clinton now...

https://en.wikipedia.org/../Thomas_F._Wilson 

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 14:52:13 (permalink)
Ha, ha.  Just noticed it was me that called him the wrong name!

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 15:08:33 (permalink)
Is this the 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th version from the Trump campaign on how the speech ended up being plagiarism?  I lost count, there's too many stories from them.

Melania Trump has always admired Michelle Obama?  What?  Isn't that a GOP cardinal sin to say anything positive about the Obamas? 

How is this possible?

Trump aide takes responsibility for Melania speech 

A Trump aide has taken responsibility for the controversy over Melania Trump’s speech, saying she offered to resign but Trump rejected it. 
In a statement released by the Trump campaign, in-house staff writer (and ghostwriter of multiple of Donald Trump's books) Meredith McIver said it “was my mistake.”  
It took two days for the Trump campaign to even acknowledge that parts of the speech were the same as first lady Michelle Obama's 2008 convention speech. As recently as Wednesday morning Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort was denying the overlap in an interview on CNN.
But the press around the speech and the campaign's denial of the obvious overlap in wording was sucking up oxygen that the campaign desperately needed surrounding Trump officially becoming the nominee Tuesday night. (Although just before McIver's statement Trump tweeted out that " all press is good press!")
The full statement from McIver is below: 
"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
My name is Meredith McIver and I’m an in-house staff writer at the Trump Organization. I am also a longtime friend and admirer of the Trump family.
In working with Melania Trump on her recent First Lady speech, we discussed many people who inspired her and messages she wanted to share with the American people. A person she has always liked is Michelle Obama. Over the phone, she read me some passages from Mrs. Obama’s speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant.
Yesterday, I offered my resignation to Mr. Trump and the Trump family, but they rejected it. Mr. Trump told me that people make innocent mistakes and that we learn and frow from these experiences.
I asked to put out this statement because I did not like seeing the way this was distracting from Mr. Trump’s historic campaign for president and Melania’s beautiful message and presentation.
I apologize for the confusion and hysteria my mistake has caused. Today, more than ever, I am honored to work for such a great family. I personally admire the way Mr. Trump has handled this situation and I am grateful for his understanding.
Sincerely,
Meredith McIver"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-aide-takes-responsibility-for-melania-speech/ar-BBuzaBR?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 16:11:47 (permalink)
Ha haa haaaaa, good one guys; pow, smack......., biff and now, back to your Batman comics.

Sorry D-Nymph, not because you should stop "profiling" people because of their party affiliation but, now you guys got nothing to whine about.  If I knew your address I send yinz some cheese (Limburger) to go along with your whine!

Tippe your usage of "Biff", would that be considered "copycatting" or "Plagiarism"?  Oh! maybe not, it's obvious you have someone write your post for you.

https://youtu.be/y-rjGXvjsd4      

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 16:23:33 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Sorry D-Nymph, not because you should stop "profiling" people because of their party affiliation but, now you guys got nothing to whine about.

Not "profiling" anyone.  If the crowd wasn't racist, then the band wasn't talking to them.  Pretty simple, really!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 16:51:26 (permalink)
No, Noooo, you misunderstood me, I mean the one where you said: "Melania Trump has always admired Michelle Obama?  What?  Isn't that a GOP cardinal sin to say anything positive about the Obamas?"  

I know lot's of Republicans that see something positive in the Obama's.

Take off the blinders "D", things ain't quite as bleak as the news media and certain individuals would have us think.

tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 17:01:14 (permalink)
"I know lot's of Republicans that see something positive in the Obama's." 

I call shenanigans!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 17:26:15 (permalink)
tippecanoe
"I know lot's of Republicans that see something positive in the Obama's." 

I call shenanigans!

Thanks Tippe, just the response I expected and it doesn't surprise me in the least.

smhj
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 116
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 18:08:31 (permalink)
Are all the Dems leaving the country? I'm seeing a lot of fishing and hunting areas in my future.
By the way I'm voting for Alice Copper and Traci Lords. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/20 18:31:31 (permalink)

smhj
Are all the Dems leaving the country? I'm seeing a lot of fishing and hunting areas in my future.
By the way I'm voting for Alice Copper and Traci Lords. 

Great to hear you are exercising your civic responsibility and voting smhj.  

Hopefully you are open to suggestions, like being certain when you write your candidates name on the ballot, you spell his/her name correct.  That is a must.

Although, there is a resemblance...............   http://www.axs.com/alice-copper-net-worth-84980
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/20 18:36:19

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/21 09:46:03 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Where & when?  I've never seen it.  The only hate more palpable with the GOP than unabashed Obama hate is pure, seething, Clinton hate.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/21 10:01:22 (permalink)
D-nymph
BeenThereDoneThat.

Where & when?  I've never seen it.  The only hate more palpable with the GOP than unabashed Obama hate is pure, seething, Clinton hate.

Let's be fair.  Same could be said about W the Clown and Trump making his way up there now too.  May have surpassed old Bopo.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/21 11:01:14 (permalink)
D-nymph with all do respect, and I do respect your opinion, you need to remove the blinders and stop paying attention to the picture(s) being painted by the circus wanna be national news medias.

As I see it Mr. Obama was "thrown under the bus" by politicians of both parties and not by "We the people".   As a reminder, it was the people who voted Obama in office but, you will never know how many of those votes came from, Republicans nor will you know, how many Democrats voted for his opponents. 

Take off the political gloves for a minute, see what's on the news this morning, listen to the "talking heads"  (hiding under the false pretense of reporter) slamming Trump over Cruz, sinking his own ship, by failing to keep a promise to HIS party.

Cruz literally stood before the people of his party and blew smoke up their asz's, and he was called out for it and the media, chastises Trump for sitting in the arena listening to Cruz's speech then for being stage left and actually applauding Cruz.

For crying out loud, Trump should be at the convention, because HE is, the Republican nominee.

So, my question; is what you see what you see or what, other people want you to see?

Keep the rank and file fighting among themselves; management will laugh all the way to the bank.

Note:  The opinion presented here is solely the thoughts of the writer and not the garbage spewed by "talking heads". 

Tight lines and better times.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/21 11:06:14

D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/21 11:36:30 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
D-nymph with all do respect, and I do respect your opinion, you need to remove the blinders and stop paying attention to the picture(s) being painted by the circus wanna be national news medias.

As I see it Mr. Obama was "thrown under the bus" by politicians of both parties and not by "We the people".   As a reminder, it was the people who voted Obama in office but, you will never know how many of those votes came from, Republicans nor will you know, how many Democrats voted for his opponents. 

Take off the political gloves for a minute, see what's on the news this morning, listen to the "talking heads"  (hiding under the false pretense of reporter) slamming Trump over Cruz, sinking his own ship, by failing to keep a promise to HIS party.

Cruz literally stood before the people of his party and blew smoke up their asz's, and he was called out for it and the media, chastises Trump for sitting in the arena listening to Cruz's speech then for being stage left and actually applauding Cruz.

For crying out loud, Trump should be at the convention, because HE is, the Republican nominee.

So, my question; is what you see what you see or what, other people want you to see?

Keep the rank and file fighting among themselves; management will laugh all the way to the bank.

Note:  The opinion presented here is solely the thoughts of the writer and not the garbage spewed by "talking heads". 

So, I should stop paying attention to the news medias, but I should pay more attention to something the media mentioned in the name of paying less attention?  I've no idea what you're attempting to say.  However, I do know that what you know about me can fit on the head of a pin.

What I see is very plain & simple - Trump is an absolute train wreck & I will continue to point that out often.  The end. 

And if I never see Ted Cruz's face anywhere, that would help make America Great Again.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/21 11:44:09 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

Not to comment on something directed at another, but this is an open forum.

I don't recall Obama's own party throwing him under the bus.  That would be directly pinned on the GOP congress.  Most were very clear that they would not approve anything from him, no matter if they agreed.  They played a game of being the most divisive group in the history of American politics.  To ruin a man's legacy, "due to Obamacare".  Yeah, no other reason...  This was planned well before Obamacare was even put on the table.  Whether it is the media (or voting record to prove it), the GOP does anything they can to block Obama, and have done it for 8 years.  Forcing him into executive actions, then crying unconstitutional (even though W, HW and all President's have done the same thing).

I do agree that the media commentary on Trump is largely biased.  That said, he is giving them the ammo that is driving it.  The media jumps on all sorts of "mistakes", and always has.  Look at Howard Dean.  That pour guy's career was ended, because he yelled "arrruuuughhhh", and the media blew it out of proportion.  Ron Paul has some of the most common sense policies ever (others were a bit far fetched), and media portrayed him as a wacko and waste of vote.  Trump seems to love any attention from the media, and seems to purposely add controversial comments, many times in tweets that he could easily avoid.  I wouldn't doubt that he purposely had Melania's speech written the way it was.  He seems to be a genius in how to roll in negative publicity.  A lot of it has to do with his base, defending him for anything he does, and blames it on the media, regardless of what it is.

I know it is talking about the talking heads, but PBS had some good commentary yesterday.  Talking about interviews with business associates of Trump, that his business dealings are a completely different person.  He works with them and no belittling going on.  If he would transform his campaign into his normal business self, I could definitely see him winning in a landslide.  I am still convinced that he doesn't want to win, but can't shake his faithful, no matter what he does.  The hate for Hillary is just too strong.  Trust me, I am right there with the hate for her.  If he transformed into that normal business self, stood firm on his slightly left policies, got rid of the childish behavior, I would pull the lever for him.  He just seems to not be taking things seriously at all.  Maybe a showcase for Donald Jr.?
D-nymph
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/21 13:17:58 (permalink)
While I also think Ted Cruz is a despicable human, at least he is not intimidated by the nominee.  Although I'm sure he's asking himself, how did I lose to this **** show?  lol

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...nb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP
post edited by D-nymph - 2016/07/21 14:05:42
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 430
Jump to: