Helpful ReplyHot!Trump...

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 430
Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4735
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump... 2016/07/14 16:04:48 (permalink)
tippecanoe
BeenThereDoneThat.
old dog
BeenThereDoneThat.
DarDys
Just to put the bankruptcy thing in perspective, put Milton Hershey bankruptcy in a search and see who else comes up besides him. Would it be a surprise to see Henry Ford, Walt Disney, and even, dare I write it, Abraham Lincoln on that list?

Not saying it is a good thing, but more companies fail than succeed.

DarDys if I might add to and, hopefully bolster your comment; Lido Anthony "Lee" Iacocca didn't build the cars at Chrysler.
what???  what does iacocca have to do with the presidency?  you think because he led a company out of bankruptcy denotes his ability to be commander in chief?  bt, go to my list and reply to each issue.  make me believe that trump is qualified. i am not above admitting wrong.  i've been there many times.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Sorry Old Dog I'd just be wasting my time but just try, and understand, the term "delegation"; It is one of the core concepts of "any"  management leadership.

I am a project manager.  Should I run for president?

If Trump wins, yes you could, because the old model of having to be elected to this or that office first will be dead. For those that don't want politics as usual, the best way to achieve that is to remove having to be a politician to be elected to political office.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1227
Re: Trump... 2016/07/14 16:25:25 (permalink)
Don't you feel that would be an improvement? They start out in the school of lying and as they perfect their trade they become politicians! Have you not seen how fast we started down the tubes after THEY voted to give themselves the right to advertise and they just keep getting richer and we pay the price. I would love to see a non politician in that office I'm  just not sold 100% on Trump.and I can't walk on water, last time I tried I almost drown!
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
Re: Trump... 2016/07/14 17:10:11 (permalink)
DarDys
tippecanoe
BeenThereDoneThat.
old dog
BeenThereDoneThat.
DarDys
Just to put the bankruptcy thing in perspective, put Milton Hershey bankruptcy in a search and see who else comes up besides him. Would it be a surprise to see Henry Ford, Walt Disney, and even, dare I write it, Abraham Lincoln on that list?

Not saying it is a good thing, but more companies fail than succeed.

DarDys if I might add to and, hopefully bolster your comment; Lido Anthony "Lee" Iacocca didn't build the cars at Chrysler.
what???  what does iacocca have to do with the presidency?  you think because he led a company out of bankruptcy denotes his ability to be commander in chief?  bt, go to my list and reply to each issue.  make me believe that trump is qualified. i am not above admitting wrong.  i've been there many times.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Sorry Old Dog I'd just be wasting my time but just try, and understand, the term "delegation"; It is one of the core concepts of "any"  management leadership.

I am a project manager.  Should I run for president?

If Trump wins, yes you could, because the old model of having to be elected to this or that office first will be dead. For those that don't want politics as usual, the best way to achieve that is to remove having to be a politician to be elected to political office.

Do you truly think that this is going to change politics?  Do you think Donald Trump is notorious for leaving money on the table that would increase his personal wealth?  Do you think he is incorruptible because he is rich?  Please.  Electing Donald Trump is not a revolution.  Furthermore, I don't see where life long conservative republicans can support him.  This is an issue of the two party system that is biting them in the rear, too.  They are looking at it from a "anything but another f-cking Clinton" standpoint.  Am I wrong?

Why can't it be a "non career politician" who isn't a crazy blowhard?  Can we be patient this go around, and hope(actually work towards) for one who is sane in four years?  I am mostly concerned with Trump's foreign policy, or lack there of.  I don't think we want a guy like him representing us on a world scale.  What does that say about our populace?  I don't like Hillary, really, honestly.  I think she has the personality of a dead moth, and I think she is a bit of a blow hard herself.  I think that she is corrupted by wall street, and is part of the same political machine as Obama.  However, since we are a two party society, she is the lesser of two evils, in my honest opinion.  THAT is the real shame here.  I am not talking 14 parties like an European model, but how about a party of common sense?  A middle ground party? Libertarians have the closest model to what I would like to see, however, they don't stand a snowball's chance. 

Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: Trump... 2016/07/14 18:18:24 (permalink)
i'd go with crazy donald over crooked donald, but i get yer drift!  spot on!
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: Trump... 2016/07/14 18:44:28 (permalink)
Like I said very early in this thread (I think) still amazed that a billionaire from New York is leading a populist uprising.

We were in the deep, deep south last week and signs and bumper stickers with his name are everywhere. Couldn't think of a demographic in this country that has less in common with him than the folks whom we were amongst.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2814
Re: Trump... 2016/07/14 20:00:22 (permalink)
Well said OD. On that last one.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: Trump... 2016/07/14 23:32:02 (permalink)
HIIIIIII......... did ya miss me?

Soooooooo we have no real leader, is that present, for the future or, both?  

Anyway....... I am open to reasons for the Democrats having just the two candidates vying for their parties nomination when in fact, there is Democrats (not running) who could lead and change the direction of this country?  Likewise, how does a non-politician Republican become the parties (presumptive) nominee, from a field numbering in the teens of seasoned political candidates and, sets a record for the number of voter turn out in a primary election.

Old Dog I have no intentions of trying to change your mind, you have your reasons, for not voting and I have my opinion for wanting to vote and when I do, you can rest assured, I won't be casting a straight ticket in the general election.

Hey, how about Ruth Joan Bader Ginsburg tucking her tail over her remarks toward Trump and in, such a short period of time?

Now the real shocker, I heard Hillary Clinton did a interview by telephone, with Bill O'Reilly on Fox tonight.  Not sure if one, or both, are beginning to show signs of desperation.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 01:47:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby old dog 2016/07/15 07:37:46
Ginsburg had no reason to apologize.  Did Clarence Thomas apologize or recuse himself from the Obamacare vote even tho his wife headed a national committee to bring down the ACA?  Did Scalia apologize for the many hunting trips he took with Cheney while Cheney was a sitting VP?
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2965
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 02:56:01 (permalink)
old dog
you speak good words, jigs.  you're old school from a time when we could sit and talk politics but not get vicious or insulting.  i guess what i spewed was everything that was building up inside of me.  sadly, my release followed your post.  my apologies.   hey, as crazy as the 70s were, i would gladly go back.  we lived freer and got things done.  our voices and votes stood for something.  i guess i am seeing the decay through aging eyes and it saddens me.  i think of my dad, my uncles, my cousins and buddies and guys like you and a few others here who wore the uniform to protect our liberties and our futures and now it is all in jeopardy. 

Rich,

I don't miss this ....https://www.google.com/ur...ScWB0_Oa3Ie2W4u-6B_5tQ

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2965
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 03:21:27 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 07:50:05 (permalink)
old dog
''Hey, how about Ruth Joan Bader Ginsburg tucking her tail over her remarks toward Trump and in, such a short period of time?''

was her opinion out of line or was it protected under the first ammendment?  freedom of speech?  it was either out of class or embarrassment that she pulled back on her statement but as pike said, others have never let ''faux ethics'' curb their tongue.

a brief written by a supreme court justice is in reality an 'opinion'.  her statements on trump were also an opinion.

remember the handicapped reporter that trump mocked?   did trump ''tuck his tail between his legs'' and apologize?  

that being said, every single one of us has said things we wish we hadn't.  and at the wrong time.  i don't think this is a big issue whether she was right or wrong.  upon request, i will note other politicians who have made questionable statements. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The question was about Ginsburg tucking her tail over her remarks about Trump in such a short period of time.  Nothing more, nothing less but it does not surprise me in the least, to see answers trying to put a spin on the issue.  

Personally....... I am surprised Ginsburg stayed awake long enough, to remember, she said anything?

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 08:10:40 (permalink)
Hey Old Dog, PM me your name and address I want to send you something. No it's not Trump bumper stickers!!!!!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 09:05:34 (permalink)
Likewise Old Dog and remember the invite to fish, stands.

Ummm, but NO DADBURN POLITICS!!

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 09:17:58 (permalink)
My point, in all of this, is not to defend or besmirch either candidate because I'm not real sure that on any of the "real" issues, which the Predident actually has sway over, that it matters. Yes, Supteme Court Justices are important, but will come before them are disputes that concern regulation by agencies more and more than law. Keep in mind that for the most part, the SCOTUS is a reactionary body that deals with something that already happened.

Unless whoever gets elected also has a super majority in both chambers of congress, it won't matter what they want or try to do. To put a dot on that "I", just looked to what got done when Obama had both -- the ACA and nothing else. Look to Trump's own party trying to keep him out at any measure, just so their status quo remains unchanged.

My only point in all this is to question what you are being fed. Almost all of it is a non issue with regard to the office of President and is basically the distracting, shiny object that sells newspapers, has folks watching the tube, and fingers clicking on advertising laden websites.

I presented the bankruptcy issue earlier. From a business perspective, it is quite common. If you are personally opposed to the practice, that is okay -- stop driving a Ford, eating Hershey bars, watching anything Disney, and don't use Hienz products or watch any event at Heinz Field.

But in reality, the President presents a budget. It is basically a wish list of serving suggestions. The House must pass it. So bankruptcy is a great headline, but has nothing to do with milking a duck when it comes to the presidency.

To be fair, and not be labeled a Trump supporter, it has nothing to do with the office of President, nor Hillary's ability to fulfill the duties thereof, that Bill was using the White House, literally, to help Monica's career path. Perhaps the Clinton's have an open marriage, we don't know. If we are to accept all the other forms of sexual expression, why not that one? Further, Bill wasn't the first, nor will he be the last, to entertain someone other than his spouse at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

The deal is this, only two Presidents ago, most news was confined to a daily newspaper, a single nightly national news broadcast, and one or two fledgling cable news channels. To that end, not much news was really needed and there were layers and layers of filters through editors and producers to ensure that must of what got out was vetted and probably true.

Today, with 24/7/365 cable, the unfiltered Internet, and the wild, Wild West of nothing but unsubstantiated opinion social media, more and more "product" is needed to fill the time void. There is little vetting and editing done in order to "get the scoop," and on social media, which has become a news source, one opinion gleaned from hundreds of thousands gets the same weight as what would have taken a million person movement a few decades ago.

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 09:44:03 (permalink)
Boy am I  bashing in the sunshine and breathing fresh air! Difference of opinion with respect! I for one like it! So don't start anything BT.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 10:29:16 (permalink)
DardDy I can not argue or should I say, won't argue your point regarding the news media.  However, I'm not so sure I can agree with you on Trump "NOT" being able to get cooperation from both sides of Congress.

I've said it from the beginning, Trump will control the news media and I don't see how anybody could think this is not presently the case.

Having that control I see Trump now setting the stage, not being affected by political correctness and certainly, unafraid of calling someone out.  I see the media(s), knowing they can not influence Trump and, needing 'to make' news  feeding frenzy style on those who may oppose him or any of his cabinet.  I suppose, one could say using the media as sharks, makes Trump somewhat of a "thug".  Sorta brings new meaning to Theodore Roosevelt's foreign policy: "speak softly, and carry a big stick".

I like what I am seeing about Trump, however I understand the concerns of others with regard to his political background/experience but, I see reason to believe he has great capability to "delegate" which leads me to watch (cautiously), who will serve as head of departments?

Now for the record, prior to his announcement of running for election, I didn't give the guy 2 seconds of my time watching any programs he was associated with.

Right now I'll set back and enjoy the circus media as they speculate who will be Trumps VP pick.

Nuff said, gotta get.

PS.  Sorry Jigs.......  made me do it.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2016/07/15 10:34:07

Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 11:39:09 (permalink)
Old Dog site won't let me send you a PM.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 12:40:13 (permalink)
The only reason the blame for the '08 crash went to the Oval Office was because it was convenient and politically expedient to "blame Bush" for lending policies that were hatched during the Clinton administration (and, not by him, I must add), in order to sell a candidate that spent his one term as a congressman running for the senate and his one term in the senate running for President.

This is a prime example of looking beyond the headlines. Bush didn't cause the crash, it was set up before he took office by requiring banks to lend money for houses to people that could not afford them in the name of equality. The situation a decade or more to manifest itself into a crisis.

D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 13:45:31 (permalink)
DarDys
This is a prime example of looking beyond the headlines. Bush didn't cause the crash, it was set up before he took office by requiring banks to lend money for houses to people that could not afford them in the name of equality. The situation a decade or more to manifest itself into a crisis.

What do you mean by "in the name of equality"?

From my experience, as a relatively young (at that time), white couple (I bought a house in 2004) shopping for mortgages.  Every single lender wanted me to borrow 3 to 5 times more than I knew I could afford.  Then they were shocked when I refused to borrow that much.  IMO, the crash happened mostly because a lot of Americans are greedy & lazy & want everything handed to them immediately & banks were willing to hand it to them.  That has nothing to do with Bill Clinton.  What am I missing?

Dim Mak
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 297
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 15:02:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2016/07/15 15:11:23
There were multiple causes of the real estate bubble that burst. One of them was what Alan Greenspan called "irrational exuberance."  In the years following 9/11 the stock markets weren't doing so well.  Real estate seemed like a safer investment at the time. There were many real estate speculators back then who were buying properties hand over fist without the intent of renting them out, but just profiting on the appreciation. I owned 2 such properties in Florida myself but operated them both as vacation rentals for 25-30 weeks a year just to make ends meet.   The second unit that I bought 1996 I sold in 2004 for 3.33333 times what I paid for it.    In 2006 I turned down an offer for a similar condo for 2.75 times what I paid for it.  I decided I wanted to hang onto it simply to have a place to stay in FL after I retired in a few years.   Dumbest thing I ever did because I eventually parted with it for 1.36 times what I paid for it in 1993 after owning it for 21 years.  Prices can only appreciate so much and when the money dries up so do the selling prices.  Around June of 2005 the first signs of this were beginning to show. By 2007 it was a real estate depression.  I remember around 2003 or 2004 there were real estate speculators in my resort complaining because they felt it was "their turn" to buy a specific unit but they were passed over by the realtor for someone else.
post edited by Dim Mak - 2016/07/15 15:19:39
Dim Mak
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 15:17:46 (permalink)
Just to show you the irrational exuberance I was talking about ...the condo I sold in May of 2004 to a "speculator" was decimated in 2 back to back hurricanes in Sept 2004 called Frances and Jeanne.  The new owner had the unit completely gutted and all the damaged drywall, flooring and furniture removed.   About 8 months after the storm in May or June of 2005 he sold this condo as a "hurricane shell" for $40,000 more than I sold it to him. Yes, he made a $40K profit on it in spite of the hurricane.   In recent years it sold at prices similar to what I paid for it in 1996.
post edited by Dim Mak - 2016/07/15 15:20:24
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 16:18:51 (permalink)
D-nymph
DarDys

What do you mean by "in the name of equality"? From my experience, as a relatively young (at that time), white couple (I bought a house in 2004) shopping for mortgages.  Every single lender wanted me to borrow 3 to 5 times more than I knew I could afford.  Then they were shocked when I refused to borrow that much.  IMO, the crash happened mostly because a lot of Americans are greedy & lazy & want everything handed to them immediately & banks were willing to hand it to them.  That has nothing to do with Bill Clinton.  What am I missing?  

It has nothing to do with Bill Clinton other than that was when the regs which permitted it happened to occur. And that was my point, Bush didnt cause it and neither did Clinton, but for political expedience both were blamed by somebody that had an opposing view.

As for the deficit caused by two wars, yes that happened. But Obama has accumulated more debt during his time in office than all the presidents since George Washington -- combined -- including the cost of those two wars. But it is not his fault, either. There hasn't been a budget passed since he has been in office, so he didn't actually sign off on anything. But Congress sure did by passing continuing resolution after continuing resolution to keep the government funded without going through the actual budget process.

bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2244
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 17:19:53 (permalink)
Lets just face the fact that the country is screwed up, big time. Finger pointing, blameing it on the dems or the repubs ain't gona get us anywhere. We are all in the same boat and things arn't going to improve with some pulling on the oars to the right, and others pulling on the oars to the left.  The country as a whole is bankrupt morally and financially. The politicians main goal seems to be to raise money for the party and to do all in their power to get reelected. Appears to me and I am sad to admit it, but I don't see any improvement coming no matter who wins the upcoming potus election. I really hate all the mud slinging and negatisim we will have to endure for the next 3 and a half months or so. Just let me hear someone tell me what their vision for our country is, and how they intend to get us there. God bless our country and please help us get through these trying times.

post edited by bigfoot - 2016/07/15 17:25:28

"We should take as a maxim never to be surprised at current difficulties no more than at a passing breeze, because with patience we shall see them disappear. Time changes everything."
St. Vincent de Paul 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/15 17:39:20 (permalink)
DarDys
The only reason the blame for the '08 crash went to the Oval Office was because it was convenient and politically expedient to "blame Bush" for lending policies that were hatched during the Clinton administration (and, not by him, I must add), in order to sell a candidate that spent his one term as a congressman running for the senate and his one term in the senate running for President.

Bravo!!!!!!!!

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4072
Re: Trump... 2016/07/17 23:00:34 (permalink)
Trump will bring back the golden age of fishusa....trust mee or not

But Woo karez, I just wanna to keep being able to buy scary tacticool guns, fly Confederate battle flags, and keep on hatin' on

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/17 23:15:50 (permalink)
I heard by way of the rumor mill, Trump is including some new language on his campaign posters. It is just rumored of course but it goes, like this; "VENI" "VIDI" "VICI".  

Ain't that sumpthin', funny I know I've  seen that somewhere before.

Dim Mak
Expert Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/18 08:43:11 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
DarDys

Bravo!!!!!!!!

Well if it was set up by the previous administration he had 7+ years to fix those lending practices, didn't he?   As if that gackass would have recognized the problem in the first place.
Walleye jigs
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/18 08:44:09 (permalink)
I thought you'd be in Cleveland by now. Did get to see you house on the news all painted up red, white and blue. Where'd  you get all those Trump hats and stickers?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: Trump... 2016/07/18 09:34:10 (permalink)
Dim Mak

Well if it was set up by the previous administration he had 7+ years to fix those lending practices, didn't he?   As if that gackass would have recognized the problem in the first place.

Might want to turn on your spellcheck; it's jackass and no Bush isn't Democrat he is a Republican.

Democrat.            Republican

tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
Re: Trump... 2016/07/18 09:52:11 (permalink)
bigfoot
Lets just face the fact that the country is screwed up, big time. Finger pointing, blameing it on the dems or the repubs ain't gona get us anywhere. We are all in the same boat and things arn't going to improve with some pulling on the oars to the right, and others pulling on the oars to the left.  The country as a whole is bankrupt morally and financially. The politicians main goal seems to be to raise money for the party and to do all in their power to get reelected. Appears to me and I am sad to admit it, but I don't see any improvement coming no matter who wins the upcoming potus election. I really hate all the mud slinging and negatisim we will have to endure for the next 3 and a half months or so. Just let me hear someone tell me what their vision for our country is, and how they intend to get us there. God bless our country and please help us get through these trying times.

How true.  It is easy to get caught up in the nonsense, and I am myself guilty.
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 430
Jump to: