Helpful ReplyPast and present fishing days.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
troutguy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 642
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Past and present fishing days. 2016/02/03 21:34:02 (permalink)
Awesome fish!!!

CAPTAIN HOOK
I almost said Pickerel but the chain sides were not as distinct .

The little pickerel in my previous post was actually a grass pickerel......which don't get much bigger than that one I caught. I did happen to scratch chain pickerel off my list too!! That as another exciting catch. My brother got his first chain the same day, except mine could have eaten his haha.
post edited by troutguy - 2016/02/03 21:43:10
troutguy
Expert Angler
Re: Past and present fishing days. 2016/02/03 21:35:33 (permalink)

troutguy
Expert Angler
Re: Past and present fishing days. 2016/02/03 21:36:39 (permalink)

Good bowfin action over the summer

post edited by troutguy - 2016/02/03 21:38:36
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Past and present fishing days. 2016/02/04 19:39:12 (permalink)
Great pictures ! What a nice mix as usual . Those Bowfin look prehistoric looking. Just curious are Chain Pickerel around our area ? Never hear to much around here about them.
Let the 2016 season begin....... 

troutguy
Expert Angler
Re: Past and present fishing days. 2016/02/04 20:49:15 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Great pictures ! What a nice mix as usual . Those Bowfin look prehistoric looking. Just curious are Chain Pickerel around our area ? Never hear to much around here about them.

Thanks. Hey, they've been around since the dinosaurs  And they breath air! One bad a** prehistoric fish.. 

Yeah there are some chain pickerel in our area, but very very few.......they're a lot more common in Central and Eastern PA where they're native. The most well known place that has them in NW PA is Sugar Lake. The one's I caught were out of a different waterway though. Grass pickerel on the other hand are native to our western PA watersheds, but from my experiences they aren't common either. I know a handful of places that have them, but have yet to find a reliable place with targetable numbers in PA.

Panfisher
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: Past and present fishing days. 2019/03/05 19:04:59 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Believe it or not my favorite fishing is wading the rivers and shore lake wading. I've owned 3 boats and still have one I use but I really enjoy wading and casting. I still enjoy our local waters but the Great Lakes are a spoiler. Erie Smallmouth are a blast in the Spring time but so are the Steelhead that will soon be migrating up. I guess it's a calendar thing for me over the years. Spring... Erie Smallmouth, or Steelhead , or Shenango River Walleye , or Pymy Walleyes. Late Spring .....Pymy Musky, or Shenango Hybrid Stripers. Summer....local lakes for the mix, Walleye trolling Erie. Fall.....Steelhead, on Erie, and Ohio ,and Ontario, and Niagara River for Lakers, Steelies ,and Salmon. Winter.....stay home and keep warm I don't ice fish ! All fishing is good. I enjoy fishing for bigger sporting fish but catching a bunch of Bluegill with kids is fun in it's own way too!

Now that is my kind of fisherman. 

post edited by Panfisher - 2019/03/06 12:10:59

The only thing better than 1 day of fishing is 2 days of fishing.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Past and present fishing days. 2019/03/10 16:50:08 (permalink)
Thanks , we love to fish ....that's also one of my favorite photos...my son wade casting for Spring Walleye just before sunset .
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: